The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    howdy everyone...
    mark-wahlberg-crickets.gif
    :p

just kidding...

had a chance to chat with jacky cool for a bit over on the EU side...jacky's been a fixture there for a while, pretty sure i've seen them as emp before...

gotta be honest, 'jacky cool' is right up there with 'big chiefin' your weed' as one of my favorite cyro monikers...

it's funny, mentioned something to them i haven't mentioned here yet, but - looks like the 'geo' is heading towards retirement...not really what i had planned, but, old head injury from my early 20's has been catching up with me...

even though i actually enjoy the stress of work (definitely enjoy the money :) ), it just may not be the healthiest thing to push myself too hard...

oh well...
    1c8Y.gif

one positive of this new direction in life - MORE EU AND NA GREY HOST TIME :)
    Edited by geonsocal on April 7, 2022 12:16AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fortunate enough to finally accept i needed some help and i'm in therapy now (should have done it years ago)...

sadly enough i listed eso as one of my favorite "healthy" distractions...

oh man, zos fix your *** game please...
    Edited by geonsocal on April 7, 2022 12:18AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    big news day i guess, finally found the tree that folks can leap in to glade with...i tried it a few times, it's hard, hung out in the area for 10 minutes or so watching different people try the jump - one person made it in, once...

yeah, focus on getting rid of the hammer, fixing the low AP bonus (what the heck is up with AD always getting it - for like years now) and maybe possibly fixing lag...

maybe even un-fix what they did to the ayleid wells in cyro...why, oh why...

i don't really care about class or gear balance...my thought is - we all have access to the same junk, so...
    Edited by geonsocal on April 8, 2022 8:34AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ha...just now going through the first few pages of the thread - man, not many of us from back in 2016 still doing eso and the forum...
  • Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    ha...just now going through the first few pages of the thread - man, not many of us from back in 2016 still doing eso and the forum...

I'm still here! I've heard it means that I've grown as a person but, do you ever look back at your old posts and cringe a bit? I do (meaning I look at my old posts and cringe, not at your old posts, which are awesome). Some of my early stories were pretty fun though. I've been playing off and on lately. I'm really excited because the next time I log in I will get the lion mount. I was talking to someone last month about how I like the look of Talion but a lion mount would be the cherry on top. And now, here it is! I can't wait.

I've been playing PvP long enough now that I know where I stand in the hierarchy. I know that I am not the best, but I've also discovered, I'm not the worst. And that was a pleasant discovery. I'm also a hair away from getting my third star. I'm going to spend some time this afternoon trying to get it. Talion better pack his masonry gloves because I am getting that star today even if I have to shore up the walls of every AD keep including the postern and corners. For those of you who lurk on this thread and have longed for a chance to kill me, I'll be on later today, preferably fighting over Nikel. The road from Roe-Nik-Ash is well traveled by Talion and his old reindeer steed. I hope to see some of you later!
  • Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭
    Third star! Grand Warlord Talion
    Edited by Ballcap on April 15, 2022 6:15PM
  • Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭
    Life as a Grand Warlord
    By Talion the Mighty

Life is different as a Grand Warlord. During my walk through the Eastern Elsweyr Gate, I'm really taking it in now. These people are depending on me to win this war. They have no idea how much danger that puts them in. "Who is that? General Thoron?"

"Consult the mission boards for Grand Warlord Sorcalin's latest orders, soldier."

"Soldier? Listen here, "General" I am the Grand Warlord Talion the Mighty. You want me to kill another 20 Nightblades? Yeah, I'll add the bodies to the pile of enemy soldiers that I've slaughtered over the years. Have fun filling out the paperwork on that. Now, isn't there a logistics report you should be getting to? Dismissed."

"Oh and who is this? My old buddy Grand Warlord Sorcalin!"

"You return at an opportune moment, warrior. We have an urgent task."

"Oh yeah? Is it for you and me to get together for some drinks at the Grand Warlords bar after work? I can get in now, you know."

"The Elder Scroll of Altadoon has fallen into the unworthy hands of the enemy. Heroes are needed to recapture it and return it to the Dominion."

"Heroes, eh? I'll let you know if I run into any. But if you ever change your mind about that drink, you let me know."

Yep. Life as a Grand Warlord sure is different.
    Edited by Ballcap on April 15, 2022 6:08PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Oh yeah? Is it for you and me to get together for some drinks at the Grand Warlords bar after work? I can get in now, you know."

i love it Ballcap :)

out of the 17 toons, everyone is either a major or centurion, unless the game stays going for another five years, chances are slim i'll get a star...

AND - the battle for Nikel Outpost is currently on...Geo's Cyrodiilic Keepsake is now proudly flying its banner over Nikel...

the gauntlet has been thrown down, let Mighty Talion come and try to take my spot :p
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    forgot about the ESO free play stuff...logged in to EU grey host and disconnected three times in about 15 to 20 minutes...

yeah, unplayable...

another benefit of playing two servers, things are actually working pretty smooth on NA grey host...

Edit: so performance was pretty good on the NA server - unfortunately though, DC just got kicked off the map...

okay okay, maybe god's telling me i should go eat, do some gardening or clean the house...we'll see, i'm kind of in the mood to play, maybe the EU game performance has gotten a little better...
    Edited by geonsocal on April 16, 2022 4:52PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ballcap wrote: »

I'm still here! I've heard it means that I've grown as a person but, do you ever look back at your old posts and cringe a bit?

been thinking about this comment for a bit...

back in 2016 i was just starting to understand build optimization...i had a random grouping with two really really good players...they were kind enough, but, there's usually a ton of information in what people don't say to you...

basically they showed me the importance of tuning up your build...even after kind of getting it - i've stilled done a bunch of "themed" builds (fire, lightening, poison, disease, etc) over time...

now, pretty much everyone are in fairly prudent build setups...over time more and more the duplicate type builds on EU and NA i've standardized a little more in terms of rotations, it's just really hard to remember how to play so many different builds...
    Edited by geonsocal on April 16, 2022 4:53PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    almost have everyone to tier 3 now...think i'm going stay on my NA magblade and maybe my EU mag sorc for most of the rest of the campaign...

both are toons that make it so i can can get away from most tough situations...

on my NA magblade i'm wearing molag kena/spinners/bright throat...basically i'm just spamming time freeze, been having a good bit of luck timing the molag kena proc and my soul assault, if your health bar is dipping, you're done :)
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    been meaning to mention this, here's the pvp sets added recently:
    Rallying Cry (Light)
    2 – Adds 657 Critical Chance
    3 – Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    4 – Adds 657 Critical Chance
    5 – While Battle Spirit is active, critically healing yourself or an ally causes you and up to 11 other group members within 12 meters to gain 300 Weapon and Spell Damage, and 1650 Critical Resistance for 20 seconds. Each group member affected reduces the Weapon and Spell Damage by 15 and the Critical Resistance by 83. This effect can occur once every 15 seconds.

Hew and Sunder (Medium)
    2 – Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
    3 – Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
    4 – Adds 129 Weapon and Spell Damage
    5 – When you deal damage with a Heavy Attack, gain 1236 Offensive Penetration for each enemy within 8 meters of your target for 10 seconds. This effect can occur once every 7 seconds.

Enervating Aura (Heavy)
    2 – Adds 4% Healing Taken
    3 – Adds 1206 Maximum Health
    4 – Adds 1487 Armor
    5 – When you deal Direct Damage, you have a 10% chance to create an area under the target that detonates after 1 second, applying Enervating Aura for 10 seconds to enemies within 5 meters. Enervating Aura lowers the Health Recovery, Magicka Recovery, and Stamina Recovery of enemy Players by 129 per player hit. This effect can occur once every 15 seconds.

to be honest, i haven't really given them much thought about incorporating them in to a build...

here's the new IC stuff:
    Nunatak
    1 – Adds 1487 Armor
    2 - On dealing Frost Damage, create a 6 meter area under the target for 6 seconds, dealing Frost Damage to enemies every 1 second and applying a stacking 25% snare for 4 seconds. On gaining 4 stacks, the enemy is immobilized and gains Major Brittle for 4 seconds, causing the target to take 20% increased Critical Damage. This effect can occur once every 15 seconds and scales off the higher of your Weapon or Spell Damage.

Lady Malydga
    1 – Adds 1487 Offensive Penetration
    2 – When you deal direct damage to a target within 12 meters, create a 5meter area that after 1 second, quickly moves forward and then returns, dealing Shock Damage to enemies and applying Minor Enervation for 5 seconds, causing the target to deal 10% less Critical Damage. This effect can occur once every 15 seconds and scales off the higher of your Weapon or Spell Damage.

Baron Thirsk
    1 – Adds 129 Stamina Recovery
    1 – Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
    2 – On dealing area Direct Damage, mark a target for 6 seconds. Every 2 seconds after, an Explosive Scamp is spawned nearby and detonates after 1 second, dealing Magic Damage to up to 6 enemies within 4 meters and applying Minor Timidity for 10 seconds, draining 1 Ultimate every 1.5 seconds. Each Explosive Scamp spawned deals 100% increased damage. This effect can occur once every 25 seconds and scales off the higher of your Weapon or Spell Damage.

and, this is the new cool (maybe OP) mythic:
    Markyn Ring of Majesty
    (1 item) Gain 100 Weapon and Spell Damage and 1157 Armor for each 3-set bonus active on the wearer.

not sure if i even have the deadlands dlc (may need to wait until some eso plus event), but - this seems like a must have in the tool kit...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    looking forward to trying this mythic out also:
    Oakensoul Ring
    (1 item) Adds 300 Weapon and Spell Damage, Adds 3816 Armor, Adds 300 Health Recovery, Adds 300 Magicka Recovery, Adds 300 Stamina Recovery, Adds 2658 Maximum Health, Adds 2658 Maximum Magicka, Adds 2658 Maximum Stamina, While equipped, you are unable to swap between your Primary and Backup Weapon Sets.

one bar pvp gameplay sounds like fun...

another interesting mythic coming:
    Lefthander's War Girdle
    (1 item) Dodge Roll no longer evades attack and instead grants a Damage Shield that absorbs up to 20990 damage over 1 second. This damage shield is unaffected by Battle Spirit.

as always. alcast has everything listed out really nicely:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7571078

this is a craftable coming:
    Druid's Braid
    (1 item) Adds 1540 Maximum Health
    (2 items) Adds 1401 Maximum Magicka
    (3 items) Adds 1401 Maximum Stamina
    (4 items) Adds 1540 Maximum Health
    (5 items) Adds 1401 Maximum Magicka
    (6 items) Adds 1401 Maximum Stamina
    (7 items) Adds 1540 Maximum Health
    (8 items) Adds 1401 Maximum Magicka
    (9 items) Adds 1401 Maximum Stamina
    (10 items) Adds 1540 Maximum Health
    (11 items) Adds 1401 Maximum Magicka
    (12 items) Adds 1401 Maximum Stamina
    Edited by geonsocal on April 17, 2022 6:15PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    things are pretty juicy over in EU grey host, all three alliances are within two thousand points...very cool...

spending more time on my NA toons lately, updating some of their skills and rotations...

been coming across some smaller groups who know how to read the map and fight...I'm using some more ally friendly skills...

who knows, I may actually slot siege shield one day :)
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh yeah almost forgot, joined madden's group the other early afternoon...

it was like freaking eso aerobics, after 30 minutes I was exhausted...

I logged off and didn't even play for the remainder of the day...

on the plus side though, made a pretty quick 100k AP...
    Edited by geonsocal on April 18, 2022 9:04PM
  • MISTFORMBZZZ
    MISTFORMBZZZ
    ✭✭✭
    howdy everyone...
    mark-wahlberg-crickets.gif
    :p

just kidding...

had a chance to chat with jacky cool for a bit over on the EU side...jacky's been a fixture there for a while, pretty sure i've seen them as emp before...

gotta be honest, 'jacky cool' is right up there with 'big chiefin' your weed' as one of my favorite cyro monikers...

it's funny, mentioned something to them i haven't mentioned here yet, but - looks like the 'geo' is heading towards retirement...not really what i had planned, but, old head injury from my early 20's has been catching up with me...

even though i actually enjoy the stress of work (definitely enjoy the money :) ), it just may not be the healthiest thing to push myself too hard...

oh well...
    1c8Y.gif

one positive of this new direction in life - MORE EU AND NA GREY HOST TIME :)

greetings my friend :) Thanks for your nice words !
    See you on EU
    - JC
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    howdy jacky :)

it's funny, so easy to go through life never realizing that there are others watching and paying attention to our words and actions (even within a video game environment) - good for you jacky for doing things the right way and being good people...
  • Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭
    So it looks like EP is running away with it again. Which is weird because whenever I log in it seems pretty equal. Although, when I get on it's always during AD taking their scrolls back which means they must have been taken earlier. I'm in the Pacific time zone and I've logged in at lunch around 12:00-1:00, in the afternoons around 4:00-6:00, as well as on/off throughout the weekend and it always seems balanced. So there must be a time of day when EP just stomps all over and gates everyone. Like every day. To each their own I suppose, but it's just not as much fun when the campaigns are so one sided. It's been a few days since I've logged in so maybe it's changed, I don't know. I'm past the point where I've considered winning the campaign and now I just try to find some good battles when I do get on.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    howdy @Ballcap ...EP starts to really dominate after about midnight p.s.t.

the EU grey host campaign has all three alliances within 1,000 points of each other...more than likely because a bunch of normal EU EP have migrated over to NA this campaign...
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That oakensoul ring seems ridiculous and is rewarding for dumbed down gameplay.....I hope it does not go live in it's current iteration. We do not need another ww meta
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."

curse you @wazzz56 for sticking this sentence in my head, for like years now :smile:
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    Just did a quick test and 129 spell damage looks closer to 2% damage (give or take 0.2%)

Stats

1487 penetration = 2.25% damage
    129 spell damage = ~2% damage
    1096 magicka = ~1.618% damage

1487 penetration equals
    • 145 spell damage
    • 1527 magicka
    129 spell damage equals
    • 1320 penetration
    • 1355 magicka
    1096 magicka equals
    • 1067 penetration
    • 104 spell damage

+4000 spell damage from enchants, buffs, passives is equivalent to 62% damage (40930 penetration)
    +20000 magicka is equivalent to 29.5% damage (19470 penetration)

Now you see why stacking spell damage hits way harder than max magicka builds.

na82uUc.png

This is also why Stam builds w/ 8k+ weapon damage hit like a truck.

for all of us mathematically challenged (or simply overly lethargic) folks - this is perfect....thank you thank you thank you @SkaraMinoc :)
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ballcap wrote: »
    So it looks like EP is running away with it again. Which is weird because whenever I log in it seems pretty equal. Although, when I get on it's always during AD taking their scrolls back which means they must have been taken earlier. I'm in the Pacific time zone and I've logged in at lunch around 12:00-1:00, in the afternoons around 4:00-6:00, as well as on/off throughout the weekend and it always seems balanced. So there must be a time of day when EP just stomps all over and gates everyone. Like every day. To each their own I suppose, but it's just not as much fun when the campaigns are so one sided. It's been a few days since I've logged in so maybe it's changed, I don't know. I'm past the point where I've considered winning the campaign and now I just try to find some good battles when I do get on.

howdy @Ballcap if you ever want to invest some time over on the EU server, let me know, i have plenty of stuff over there to help you out and get you started...

i'm not that familiar with the cyrodiil EP and AD communities on the EU server, but, just judging from the difference in DC gameplay and zone chat, you may end up really enjoying things on the EU server...

it really is nice having the option to switch servers back and forth depending on the situation on each...
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭

curse you @wazzz56 for sticking this sentence in my head, for like years now :smile:

LOL , as I have been described as a psychopath by my guildies for having 4.75 master anglers, I feel like it has always been the most fitting quote I could use :)

• Pink_E_808
    Pink_E_808
    ✭✭✭✭
    wazzz56 wrote: »

LOL , as I have been described as a psychopath by my guildies for having 4.75 master anglers, I feel like it has always been the most fitting quote I could use :)

I wasn't super invested in getting Master Angler on any of my girls, but when I saw you say in gc that you were working on your 4th @wazzz56, I was like, "*sigh* (insert unladylike expletives here), now I have to get it at least once!" And I dropped whatever I was doing at the time, threw on my Nordic bathing towel and started fishing. I was still a bit newish to the guild, so it was really nice when I eventually ran into you and a few others at a hole and y'all invited me to group up for a bit. I still have my last fish in my inventory, the blue Cyrodiil one. Still not sure about doing it for even a second time, though, let alone more 😆
    Edited by Pink_E_808 on April 28, 2022 12:15AM
  • Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭
    howdy @Ballcap if you ever want to invest some time over on the EU server, let me know, i have plenty of stuff over there to help you out and get you started...

i'm not that familiar with the cyrodiil EP and AD communities on the EU server, but, just judging from the difference in DC gameplay and zone chat, you may end up really enjoying things on the EU server...

it really is nice having the option to switch servers back and forth depending on the situation on each...

@geonsocal Thanks for the offer but the idea of starting over is daunting. I just don't have the time. I was blessed with the opportunity to be a stay at home dad when my son was born in 2016. While a baby can keep you busy, there was a lot of napping back then which is how I was able to make so much progress in ESO. Fast forward to today, and he doesn't nap anymore. Now he wants to play. So if you happen to come across Talion the Mighty running into a wall over and over again, chances are, it's him at the controls (or possibly me, after a few drinks).

That being said, if I were to make an EU character, would you recommend DC?
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the EU DC gang is one of the best things about this game for me at this time...they're a real fun bunch to fight with...no doubt not the top alliance - same as NA, consistent top campaign alliance is EP...just like NA grey host - AD is all over the map and you're more likely to run in to them in the north of the map as anywhere else...

talk about skewered perspectives - i thought you were retired or something, i thought you was old :p

you seem to have such a calm disposition, it just seemed to make sense from your postings, until you wrote that thing about a young child...

although, truth be told, i do parenting stuff with some young folks, and i'm old...not so normal, but, not totally unheard of either...
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's pretty funny when you've played for awhile and some people on other factions recognize you to the point they just help you out lol. I was at a keep sieging and enemy faction just joined and sieged with me cause they know I usually run solo so they were just helping me siege the keep to draw enemy attention.
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    played both servers today, lots of people on...

AD pushing really hard on both servers...

unfortunately really bad performance, only 1 disconnect, but, the whole time it was pretty bad around large fights...

ugh, nightblades were driving me nuts on my stam dk, who normally just let's them bounce off...

with the lag, no chance to pop a potion or use an ultimate...very frustrating...

at one point I actually slotted blinding flare cuz I was so frustrated...

I took it off after a while, but still...

right now I'm gonna play my 2 EU necromancers (stam and mag) and my 2 NA dragonknights (stam and mag) for a while...

outside of some rough lag, or getting zerged down, pretty sturdy sets of toons...
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually have to give the devs a pat on the back for listening to the pts players and yeeting oakencheese into oblivion.....