The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just going to focus on making new toons.
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just happen to be on at 5am PHX this morning and the map was red with all scrolls with EP and the emp was EP. Either the load screen issue drove off the AD morning zerg or the alliance changing guild switched to EP. That was interesting.
    PSN NA/EU: DesertDweller99
    PC NA: KaktusKing
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All red map?

Wow that never happens
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It didn't last but for a couple of hours. lol
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it was funny - last night I was more inclined to ride my mount between keeps than use the transitus network :#

dying took on a whole new penalty - die and you're going to get kicked from the server...

on a positive note though - I've started collecting those transmute crystals...i've got a bunch of monster/BoP gear I need to re-trait...
    Edited by geonsocal on November 9, 2017 6:58PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got 10 crystals in my one and only rewards of the worthy since the last update. In my enthusiasm I momentarily forgot about the dangers of porting and was sucked into a permanent load screen. I didn't bother logging in again.

So, anyone up for some Chalice Dungeons?
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reiverx wrote: »
    I got 10 crystals in my one and only rewards of the worthy since the last update. In my enthusiasm I momentarily forgot about the dangers of porting and was sucked into a permanent load screen. I didn't bother logging in again.

Did you hear about the Monster Hunter World beta yet?
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah. Looks awesome. Count me in.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

sqeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~ Yes!

For those of you who don't know Monster hunter world has a beta. We should all totally try to get in on it Dec. 6. I will be playing it when it comes out. I've been playing MH games longer then I have been playing ESO.

If you don't know what that is, it's basically PvE with boss fights that feel like its PvP. All kinds of mechanics for the boss and against the boss. It's really fun.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on November 10, 2017 3:42PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what's ironic is that my play time in cyrodiil has been gradually decreasing over time...

now within stupid load screen issue - i wanna play now more then ever :#

I may give battlegrounds a try, or , just go check out the public dungeons in vardenfall which i haven't been in yet...

been thinking about trying out assassin's creed and, or battlefront II...

hmmmm, could always read a book :p
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not too bad so far...in on my AD mag warden...about 50k AP before my first death...

it's a little frustrating having to ride your mount everywhere, but, it's playable...haven't really even seen much lag...

the name of this game is "zerg up and don't die"...

EP has cleverly taken advantage during this bit of turmoil to grab the lead with 22 days to go...

waxlock is our red emp...it looks weird on the leaderboard...but, this is the present and forseeable future...next I'm sure I'll see madden in AD zone chat asking if anyone is looking for a group :)
    Edited by geonsocal on November 11, 2017 5:52AM
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP seems dead anymore no real reason
    geonsocal wrote: »
    not too bad so far...in on my AD mag warden...about 50k AP before my first death...

it's a little frustrating having to ride your mount everywhere, but, it's playable...haven't really even seen much lag...

EP has cleverly taken advantage during this bit of turmoil to grab the lead with 22 days to go...

waxlock is our red emp...it looks weird on the leaderboard...but, this is the present and forseeable future...next I'm sure I'll see madden in AD zone chat asking if anyone is looking for a group :)

By waxlock you mean loweye the cheater dude deserves to get banned on this account to I have video of him exploiting to get into a keep by his ad friend letting him ambush in the door lol if it wasn't bad enough with the load screens this tard waxlock is emperor now I really don't want to play pvp vivec ps4 na has to be the worst pvp server on any platform that eso is on lol
    Edited by Jake1576 on November 11, 2017 6:03AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jake1576 wrote: »

By waxlock you mean loweye the cheater dude deserves to get banned on this account to I have video of him exploiting to get into a keep by his ad friend letting him ambush in the door lol if it wasn't bad enough with the load screens this tard waxlock is emperor now I really don't want to play pvp now it's vivec ps4 has to be the worst pvp server on any platform that eso is on lol

yikes...yeah, our game can most definitely get frustrating at times...

much like in real life - sometimes you just have to temper your expectations - otherwise, you're apt to just drive yourself crazy and make the folks around you miserable :)

there's a lot that goes on behind the scenes with different guilds and different players...

I personally play to zone out after work...i interact with a lot of folks during the day, so, i stay away from groups and most of the zone chat...

politically and socially I'm pretty much at the bottom of the ladder on vivec...which, thankfully works very well for me...

I need to check on the "trending" thing on the eso stuff to watch some of your vids...always good to see some action from our map :)
    Edited by geonsocal on November 11, 2017 6:11AM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jake1576 wrote: »

By waxlock you mean loweye the cheater dude deserves to get banned on this account to I have video of him exploiting to get into a keep by his ad friend letting him ambush in the door lol if it wasn't bad enough with the load screens this tard waxlock is emperor now I really don't want to play pvp vivec ps4 na has to be the worst pvp server on any platform that eso is on lol

Oh yeah the AD emp for the last 6 months was such an upstanding guy. :p
    Looks like AD is night capping it's way back to the lead.
    Edited by TequilaFire on November 11, 2017 1:05PM
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

sqeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~ Yes!

For those of you who don't know Monster hunter world has a beta. We should all totally try to get in on it Dec. 6. I will be playing it when it comes out. I've been playing MH games longer then I have been playing ESO.

If you don't know what that is, it's basically PvE with boss fights that feel like its PvP. All kinds of mechanics for the boss and against the boss. It's really fun.

I haven't played any MH games but I remember the MH element in Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker. The co-op was epic, especially when taking down a monster with tranquilizers.

If they added co-op to Horizon Zero Dawn I'd probably not play anything else. I'm doing a run on NG+ on ultra hard atm.

PVP in ESO is just bizarre as things stand. It's too dangerous to be dangerous. lol.
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The "solo life" this weekend was challenging. Knowing you're out for at least 3 minutes if you die made for a significant change in strategy. I can't wait for ZOS to fix the load screens, but I will say it's been an "interesting" temporary experience. Suddenly dying becomes a bit more undesirable, so I found myself being a lot more careful about choosing my moment to strike, and where I did it from.
    PS4NA
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just made a stam warden this weekend, time to work on my blue magsorc next
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    howdy everyone - i hope your week is starting off as smoothly and painlessly as possible :)

finally just stopped logging in to cyrodiil...the thought of being stuck in loading screens has kind of turned me off for the moment...

for some crazy reason this weekend - i thought it would be a good idea to remind myself why i never put my non vet characters in overland/dungeon sets...

i just really have the hots for that unfathomable darkness set (i blame it on my affinity for BioShock's murder by crows ability - which was way awesome):
    Unfathomable Darkness Set
    (2 items) Adds 833 Weapon Critical
    (3 items) Adds 1487 Physical Penetration
    (4 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    (5 items) When you deal damage, you have a 10% chance to call a murder of crows around you for 12 seconds. Every 3 seconds a crow will be sent to peck the closest enemy within 12 meters of you, dealing 4000 Physical Damage. This effect can occur once every 15 seconds.

i've managed to convince myself that my level 32 khajiit stam warden can not live without the set...spent a good bit of time saturday doing all the clockwork city quests - unfortunately i could only come up with about 3 useful pieces...

so, sunday, after doing a little more questing finally just decided to camp Exarchs' Egress and beat up on those three crazy bird things that spawn there...

of course - just about anyone and everyone who also wants to collect one of the dropped clockwork sets is also doing the same...

couple of notes on that:
    1). being a non vet character means i have tons of additional durability from the combat leveling system - however, it also means on average i'm doing a lot less dps than the other vet players...with 12 plus players waiting for the bosses to spawn - it can be very possible not to receive any loot drops...

i kept getting stiffed by "the imperfect" at the the sanctuary of verification world boss site - because with just one monster - people were burning it down way to fast for me to get much damage in...

thankfully, as long as i don't die during the fight against those birds i can thankfully depend on at least 4 or 5 other players dying to those three bosses...

2). by the time i am able to collect all the pieces i need for the set (still one or two useful pieces short) - i'm already going to be 2 or 3 levels past the level of the set gear i initially farmed...ugh :'(

i wish they would hurry up with the orsinium event (hoping to get double resource node output)...right about now some simple farming would be way more enjoyable than getting frustrated in cyrodiil or bored to death farming gear in clockwork city...

Edit: one positive from my set farming experience - i now have enough set pieces from the mad tinkerer's set to outfit my level 32 argonian mag warden :p
    Edited by geonsocal on November 13, 2017 7:33PM
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone here have a VR system? I'm thinking about getting the Skyrim pack.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone here have a VR system? I'm thinking about getting the Skyrim pack.

very good question senor, i was wondering the same thing...

the $400 dollar plus price tag has me a bit hesitant...
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    Even with the rumored large guild that has been rotating alliances every month to balance this campaign, AD still has a large population. If the cycle continues, EP won 3 campaigns ago, DC was next, and then AD recently and now back to EP (leading last night, but with AD close behind). This is great for keeping alliance dedicated players from tuning out and great for boosting game morale.

I want to join this guild....

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even with the rumored large guild that has been rotating alliances every month to balance this campaign, AD still has a large population. If the cycle continues, EP won 3 campaigns ago, DC was next, and then AD recently and now back to EP (leading last night, but with AD close behind). This is great for keeping alliance dedicated players from tuning out and great for boosting game morale.

I want to join this guild....

that is cool...was checking in on zone chat last night while playing AD...pretty low keyed - some mention of what happened to all the usual zerg leaders (obviously staying away cuz of the loading screen thing)...

I'm tired of riding my mount places, and, my play style has gotten extremely cautious...

spent a lot of time hanging around outposts and keeps...

if I see an ally now getting beat down somewhere, wherein I used to charge in guns-a-blazing - i now sit back and think it might just be better to rez them later...
    Edited by geonsocal on November 15, 2017 11:00PM
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm tired of riding my mount places, and, my play style has gotten extremely cautious...

if I see an ally now getting beat down somewhere, wherein I used to charge in guns-a-blazing - i now sit back and think it might just be better to rez them later...

Even with my high blood pressure meds, the fear of getting gank'd while I ride around raises my pressure too high. And so I fast travel, quit the app, restart app and appear at the next location. lol

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Even with my high blood pressure meds, the fear of getting gank'd while I ride around raises my pressure too high. And so I fast travel, quit the app, restart app and appear at the next location. lol

seriously, in the past I would ride around "looking" for the action - heck no, I ain't doing that now...

I'm standing on walls looking around for advantageous fights...

if a fight starts heading in the wrong direction - i'm out of there :#

had some fun at ft. ash...about 6 to 8 or so allies where running around inside the keep with DC mostly defending from atop the inner keep, and a few brave blue souls (with some red renegades thrown in) trying to fight us on the outer walls...

the situation stayed like that for a good 10 to 15 minutes until some more AD finally showed up...it was fun...

when I first arrived though I had lurked outside the front gate with the door wide open trying to figure out what was going on...

got into some fights and ended up dead...as I was lying there saw some allies pass me by on their way inside the keep - started cussing like crazy at my t.v. screen for someone to rez me -"hey, what the **** is wrong with you, don't you see me lying here"? - finally someone did rez me...

yeah, I've taken to just staying put after I die now...
    Edited by geonsocal on November 15, 2017 9:14PM
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been reading a book instead lol, no reason to PvP and put myself through unnecessary stress if I don't have to.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been reading a book instead lol, no reason to PvP and put myself through unnecessary stress if I don't have to.

DrogskolCaptain_DKA_iPad_Wallpaper.jpg

I have that on my bookshelf, but, was only able to make it through about 20 pages or so...

I need to give it another try...
    Edited by geonsocal on November 15, 2017 9:33PM
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭

seriously, in the past I would ride around "looking" for the action - heck no, I ain't doing that now...

I'm standing on walls looking around for advantageous fights...

if a fight starts heading in the wrong direction - i'm out of there :#

had some fun at ft. ash...about 6 to 8 or so allies where running around inside the keep with DC mostly defending from atop the inner keep, and a few brave blue souls (with some red renegades thrown in) trying to fight us on the outer walls...

the situation stayed like that for a good 10 to 15 minutes until some more AD finally showed up...it was fun...

when I first arrived though I had lurked outside the front gate with the door wide open trying to figure out what was going on...

got into some fights and ended up dead...as I was lying there saw some allies pass me by on their way inside the keep - started cussing like crazy at my t.v. screen for someone to rez me -"hey, what the **** is wrong with you, don't you see me lying here"? - finally someone did rez me...

yeah, I've taken to just staying put after I die now...

You've been playing my playstyle since launch. As I mentioned in many posts, I'm a wall rat and support where I can and only jump down when I see the battle is at least even and not one sided.
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭

I fall asleep after one paragraph now. I'm an ADHD reader. Don't know how I got my college degree. lol

I've been doing PVE with my new Wardens where I know I won't get gank'd while riding around. :)
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That pic made me smile so hard. I love that card + swans of bryn argoll is one of my favorite combos in magic.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I fall asleep after one paragraph now. I'm an ADHD reader. Don't know how I got my college degree. lol

I've been doing PVE with my new Wardens where I know I won't get gank'd while riding around. :)

have you checked out clockwork city?

the graphics are great, and there's a few neat quests...i've been keeping my non vet wardens (both around level 33) just to farm these two sets:
    Unfathomable Darkness Set Set
    (2 items) Adds 833 Weapon Critical
    (3 items) Adds 1487 Physical Penetration
    (4 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    (5 items) When you deal damage, you have a 10% chance to call a murder of crows around you for 12 seconds. Every 3 seconds a crow will be sent to peck the closest enemy within 12 meters of you, dealing 4000 Physical Damage. This effect can occur once every 15 seconds.

Mad Tinkerer Set
    (2 items) Adds 833 Spell Critical
    (3 items) Adds 833 Spell Critical
    (4 items) Adds 129 Spell Damage
    (5 items) When you deal damage, you have a 10% chance to summon a Verminous Fabricant that charges the nearest enemy, dealing 10,000 Shock Damage to all enemies in its path, knocking them into the air, and stunning them for 2 seconds. This effect can occur once every 10 seconds.

i try to keep away from running dropped sets on my non vets, or, mixing in any kind of "role playing" gear in pvp - but, i just got to have these two - of course what that means is that i've collected enough of the livewire set (the 3rd dropped set in clockwork city) to outfit all of tamriel...