The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    howdy everyone - and, a very happy monday morning to all - wherever in the world you might be :p

first and foremost i just like to add - @Ballcap , where are you man - i sorely miss your tales of exploit in cyrodiil :'( ...you're definitely one of the people whom help make this game fun for me by reading your stories :)

wow, i really appreciates everyone's input - writings on the wall: not all is well in cyrodiil...

forever emps, constant nerfs to builds, lag, faction swapping buttheads, the same old same old...

definitely some serious issues involved...it's scary seeing how low the pops are right now in Kyne...that's supposed to be our eventual source of new blood on the map...that ain't happening right now...

you know - when i was one of a few whom faction hopped, all was still good...when it became popular...ugh, different issues began to appear...

i'm not just talking about AD owning our map right now - i can still remember clearly DC owning the map for months on end...

faction swapping was intended to allow players the freedom of playing where they want, i thought it was also to promote more social play - i think it's actually had the opposite effect and has seriously hindered some of the larger pvp guilds...
    Edited by geonsocal on October 23, 2017 5:24PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvPed on DC for the first time this weekend.

Everyone seemed to enjoy having me there, no salt, no hate. Covenant players seem to appreciate that I was helping out.

Ran into one guy from yellow who was ganking inside of Roebeck. He was legit going to gank me, but stopped himself to stand up and stare down my blue toon right in the face. After an awkward 15 seconds he takes his leave without harming me.

I mean, it's OK to fight me guy, just as long as you know what you're asking for. But I guess the sheer shock of him seeing me on a different alliance was enough to observe and respectfully take his leave.

just so happens i've finished playing my DC characters for a bit - can't wait to go out with an AD character to get killed by @Takes-No-Prisoner as a DC combatant - that's gonna be soooooo weird :p
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    okay, so for those of you whom follows the different alliance war/pvp threads i'm sure you've seen this by now:
    We'll be making campaign adjustments when Update 16 goes live, and will post more information about it in the next few days.

it was on a thread discussing many of the same topics everyone here has mentioned...

it was posted by gina on October 10...sadly these were the only alliance war references in the new update:

Alliance War
    Assault
    Continuous Attack: The bonus applied by this passive ability is now removed when you leave Cyrodiil.
    Support
    Purge: Fixed an issue where the buff applied by this ability and its morphs that reduced the duration of negative effects could stack.

and

Alliance War & Cyrodiil
    A new option for AvA Announcements has been added to the Social settings. This allows you to configure when AvA Announcements, such as an Elder Scroll being returned, are displayed as center screen messages. These will now only display while you are in an Alliance War location by default, and you can turn them completely on or off as well.
    The Cyrodiil map will now display the campaign name for the one you're in. While outside of Cyrodiil, this should be your home campaign.
    Fixed an issue where conflict indicators could persist on the Cyrodiil map when switching between campaigns.

that was it...

howdy @ZOS_GinaBruno any more goodies to come for cyrodiil/IC miss gina?

oh yeah - as a side note gina - bring back the funnies to the patch notes...i can imagine as a group we must be quite the burden to try to manage - but, keep a smile on your face, and, don't let us suck the joy out of your job :)
    Edited by geonsocal on October 23, 2017 5:12PM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I was trying to say was small scale was not originally intended or advertised by the developers in the beginning which predates console by a year.

If it was there would be higher scoring for player kills and player k/d tracking leader boards as opposed to resource scoring to win the campaign.
    Edited by TequilaFire on October 23, 2017 5:24PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    howdy @generalmyrick , howdy @jlboozer , howdy @OutLaw_Nynx, howdy @Hatoreehanzo ...i know you all spend some time pvping in our neck of the world...

just wondering what your recent pvp experiences have been like...

personally i've been having fun - but, it has mostly been non-objective oriented with a lot of zerg melee action around the outposts...

I like to fight in those situations (fighting just for the sake of fighting, and, being able to quickly rez nearby) - so, that's okay for me...just a little worried to see pops so low all the time across the different campaigns...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    haven't checked - anyone know if those two midyear mayhem campaigns were deleted today from our platform/server?
    Edited by geonsocal on October 23, 2017 5:41PM
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I was trying to say was small scale was not originally intended or advertised by the developers in the beginning which predates console by a year.

If it was there would be higher scoring for player kills and player k/d tracking leader boards as opposed to resource scoring to win the campaign.

umm well you get more ap for solo kills so there is that...perhaps we should just play without weapons..and only be allowed to use siege and see who can flip keeps faster.......because that is what the game is moving towards.......and if small scale were no intended, we would all be placed in 24 man groups when we logged in regardless of how large the group we entered with...

you get these zergling keep takers with giant pvp ranks who cannot win a 1v1 or 1v2 etc, if you do not see that as an issue, well then I can only assume you are one too..I am not trying to be a$$hat or come off agro, but I am really pissed at the direction this game is going....maybe giant groups and keep taking are fun for you, but for a large portion of the pvp pop (who have been around since launch) enjoy the small scale and see its value.....if you do not think 5 guys holding 15 to 20 on a resource farm for an hour is not helping the campaign then we have vastly different opinions....but it is what it is I guess.....
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭
    Talion the Mighty - High Elf, Vampire, Templar, all around good guy ventured again into Cyrodiil on Sunday afternoon. First things first, I had to get to Ash and retake the mine that had fallen into Covenant Hands, probably dirty Covenant hands, you can't trust a Breton to clean himself and the orcs... the smell! It's all a Mer can take recapturing a resource after those filthy buggers stank up the joint. Anyway, I'm there slaughtering away and knocking the rust off my armor. Things are going pretty well, the guards are melting before my spears of light as expected.

What was unexpected was the appearance of a Covenant rogue, hiding in the shadows and leaping to attack. All was again going well, the battle was evenly matched in my favor when I caught sight of the name. I won't say it here... but it was a famous healer from the AD. I couldn't believe it! A loyal subject of the Queen, fighting for the Covenant? I put down my arms, I could not fight this person. How many times had I fought beside them on the fields outside Nikel outpost or atop the towers of Castle Alessia? Images passed through my mind of cutting a path through enemy armies with them healing and dealing nearby. The pause didn't last long though as another sneaky Covenant "soldier" jumped from the shadows and attacked. Even then I couldn't fight back. Seeing that AD no longer in the fabulous Gold of the Dominion was the killing blow before the killing blow.

So I rezzed up and rode out to the north. Perhaps I could find answers in the snowy mountains to the north. I headed out of Ash on my blue Senche mounty by leaping off the backwall (with a 360 thrown in on the way down) and raced away. By now the rust was gone and I went towards Aleswell and tested out my mettle by taking the lumber mill there and fulfilled my resource capture mission. The general will be pleased about this. Rather than ride all the way back I'll just continue further into enemy territory until I'm killed. Bruma looms on the horizon and it looks like it's garrisoned with covenant troops. Perfect.

I rode in through the west gate towards the guarded flag with the merchant and laid into the guards before I even noticed a DC skeleton apparently buying from the merchant. He and all of his level 17 might turned on me and quickly melted into the ground with a 73k Soul Assault to the face. I didn't see his friend nearby but he was level 18 and hit me with some crystal shards in the side of the head. Hey now, that kind of stung. Stun, charge, spear spear spear, face beam! Dead. Now I can finish killing this guard that's been haplessly battering me from the rear this whole time. I've just about completed the capture when level 17 came flying at me with all the muscle his skeleton had. So I smashed him down again. Sorry that I may have got in the way of his questing, I did the honor emote of his fallen body. Don't worry little DC skelly, I'll be on my way again soon. I finish up the flag capture and move to the dolmen flag. I'm cutting through those guards when I catch another shard to the side of the head. Level 18 is back and 17 as well! I'm leaping around stunning and gap closing, melting the 18 with the soul assault again, chugging a quick potion to get some magic back before finishing off the 17 again. It took me back to my lower levels when I would get wrecked by VR16's. Or to my current level when I run into the good players and get wrecked. I felt a little bad for those guys. Just a little though. I finished securing the village without any further fights and logged off.

It was good to be back.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well Wazz we will just have to disagree as 5 guys farming ap from the scrubs that can't clear you out does nothing to help your alliance with the objective of the game which is to win the campaign.

When we take a keep and the other alliance is doing it's job defending it is always a battle. Very rarely is a keep empty as claimed.
    When we defend a keep we jump off the wall and attack the horde's siege line and chase them all the way back to where they came from. Very tired of the attitude of the small groups who think large groups can't hold their own.
    I assure you the guild I run with all of us can very definitely do so.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i remember one of the nicest pieces of feedback I received when I first joined the forums was someone letting me know they really enjoyed my "style" of writing...it made me feel good...

you write things down, it sounds cool in your head - but, you never really know how others will interpret it or judge your words...

I'll tell ya @Ballcap - if they gave out ranks for writing, you'd have passed grand overlord a long long time ago...

you do an amazing job at painting a clear, and fun picture...i appreciate your sharing of some of your stories with us :)

for the queen...
    Edited by geonsocal on October 23, 2017 6:43PM
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    haven't checked - anyone know if those two midyear mayhem campaigns were deleted today from our platform/server?

@geonsocal I'm thinking that may well have happened, based on this:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/377028/cyrodill-campaigns-reset-why

From Gina: "Just so we're all on the same page, all platforms and megaservers now share the same campaigns"
    PS4NA
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks @dotme :)

so, i guess those were in fact the "upcoming" changes gina mentioned a week or so ago...

Jack-Nicholson-Crying.gif
    Edited by geonsocal on October 23, 2017 9:07PM
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    howdy @generalmyrick , howdy @jlboozer , howdy @OutLaw_Nynx, howdy @Hatoreehanzo ...i know you all spend some time pvping in our neck of the world...

personally i've been having fun - but, it has mostly been non-objective oriented with a lot of zerg melee action around the outposts...

I like to fight in those situations (fighting just for the sake of fighting, and, being able to quickly rez nearby) - so, that's okay for me...just a little worried to see pops so low all the time across the different campaigns...

with a 6000 point lead AFTER having my booty kicked for 2 months in a row i sometimes head to bleakers for fun.

my guild hasn't been grouping up very much lately so i've been forced to go solo or join a zerg when i get bored/invited, but i dont last long in zerg.

SHORT ANSWER = its not been that fun.

@geonsocal
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • jlboozer
    jlboozer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Same as always, zergs everywhere....
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why do I keep getting mentioned???
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They’re gone. Kinda blows, but vivec has not had long que times so there is that.
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday I lamented the state of PvP only to get into a huge battle last night while scouting and running solo.

It was one for the books. An EP guild must have concluded that the campaign is un-winnable and after taking a good chunk of the right side of the map, they took off towards Brindle with a DC scroll. After some adventures at the church, they headed to the open area between Nikel and Ash. This was where what seemed like the entire AD and DC server showed up for an absolutely epic field fight.

It was one of those moments when you see over 100 players on the battlefield in a 3-way fight and think "Yeah, there's not another console game in the world that's quite like this"

After about 20 minutes of fighting, the 20 or so EP players were finally wiped and AD and DC continued the fight for another 5 minutes before DC finally prevailed and won their scroll back.

Win or lose, I bet every player in every faction involved in that battle had a smile on their face when it was over. I experienced absolutely zero lag or frame drops as well, which was frankly astonishing. Smooth as glass, and so much fun. I still maintain that if ZOS ran ads with footage from fights like that, they'd get new blood into the game.
    Edited by dotme on October 24, 2017 1:33PM
    PS4NA
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @dotme Were you ever with us in the old days when The Warriors would take a scroll into that same church at Brindle
    and just decimate all that tried to retrieve it?
    That was back on Azura's when it was CP enabled.
    Those were the good times.
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    funny story..Ilog in...do my writs...hit my menu...select campaign..hit x....and I blue screen...gg

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @dotme Were you ever with us in the old days when The Warriors would take a scroll into that same church at Brindle
    and just decimate all that tried to retrieve it?
    That was back on Azura's when it was CP enabled.
    Those were the good times.
    Before my time, unfortunately. I started PvP within a month of launch on console and after my first campaign (Juliek) was closed, I pretty much lived in Blackwater Blade until the change from Vet Ranks to Champion Points.

That's when I finally took the plunge, stopped creating new characters all the time and jumped into Scourge - I think that was right after they converted Azura's to non-CP.

I rolled with Mr_Own_U as a leader in his guild (Acolytes) in the non-vet world - ran crown from time to time (I was good, but I don't miss the stress of trying to keep 24 people from wiping) and we'd often roll multiple groups across guild chat. That's why I immediately felt at home with Warriors. Insanity's play style and strategy is exactly the same as ours was in Acolytes so it was an easy adjustment for me - Great group of players who didn't need a lot of hand-holding and knew what they were doing.

Warriors and Acolytes are my only PvP guilds and neither of them are very active these days, which is probably why I'm solo most evenings. An ear infection has kept me off the mic the past couple of weeks, and I can't follow idiots so that rules out the majority of the other Vivec EP crowns anyway :smile:

I do miss playing with well-coordinated groups.

PS4NA
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I miss my old pvp guild Red Wings... :’(
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    297.png

oh man, my bad outlaw...for some reason i have you associated with playing pvp on ps4/na...i know my perspective of cyrodiil is skewed based on when and how i play, so, just wanted to get some thoughts from others...

i'm really sorry to bug you, please go back to what you were doing...

giphy.gif

tenor.gif
    Edited by geonsocal on October 24, 2017 5:09PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dotme wrote: »
    It was one of those moments when you see over 100 players on the battlefield in a 3-way fight and think "Yeah, there's not another console game in the world that's quite like this"

i think i got in on this...been following the current scoring periods to see when would be a good time to finally jump on my AD characters...last night things seem to be evened out a bit...

was a little apprehensive at first playing my mag sorc because for the last week the characters i've played have all been heavily armored, and my mag sorc wears 7 light...

was actually smart this time and started off in the rivenspire map plundering skulls and working on my rotations...

i've tried the destro/resto set up on my mag sorc - but, stacking shields just doesn't suit my playstyle...it requires really good timing and and a lot of paying attention...something i don't really excel at...so, he rolls with SnB and destro...the impregnable armor set plus keeping up boundless storm and empowered ward are great at allowing me to get up close to the action without worrying about having that 3rd shield active...

i actually just started using shield wall...i'm not that big a fan of streak, but, i have to imagine that the shield wall > streak combo would make it super difficult to pin someone down to kill them...

spent most of the night fighting between nikel and ash - big thanks to all those EP warriors whom made the trip there to participate :)

i absolutely love those big open battlefield AvAvA fights that go on and on...keep your head on a swivel and try to stick close to some allies...

that was definitely some good fun last night...stayed up late enough to help thwart EP's attempt to crown...battled at ash for a good 20 minutes or so...got a nice 20k o-tick to end the night...
    Edited by geonsocal on October 24, 2017 6:33PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i keep hearing this over and over on the forums, it seems to be one of the major reasons folks stop playing (that and lag, nerfs, exploits, etc. al)...

i know that every mmo is going to lose many of their initial participants...as a social player though - that would definitely suck the joy out of the game to constantly see my friends leave...

it bummed me out to see hubzee leave...were still friends on the ps4, but, he no longer plays eso...even though i don't normally group with folks - it honestly is comforting fighting against and with names that i'm familiar with...

i'm not such a big fan of change :)
    Edited by geonsocal on October 24, 2017 5:34PM
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I as well was in redwings, many of their members are in my guild currently

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wazzz56 wrote: »
    funny story..Ilog in...do my writs...hit my menu...select campaign..hit x....and I blue screen...gg

things kept getting pretty chopping for me around the ash milegate and whenever i tried jumping into some large fights...

it's weird, although i know what's happening - it doesn't prevent from spamming my quickslot pots button over and over and over again - just waiting and hoping :#
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    297.png

oh man, my bad outlaw...for some reason i have you associated with playing pvp on ps4/na...i know my perspective of cyrodiil is skewed based on when and how i play, so, just wanted to get some thoughts from others...

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

It’s okay! I’m in there too.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    297.png

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

It’s okay! I’m in there too.

howdy outlaw ...yeah, i'm at the point of needing to reevaluate the guilds which i participate in...i'm down to four at the moment, and, i'm close to dropping one because it's mainly a pvp guild, and, one of my other guilds sounds like it may be getting out of the prime trader location business...

man, i got a lot of junk to move :s

oh yeah - my favorite "outlaw" of all time:
    xt0D_N.gif

followed closely by this young lady:
    Gk7wdgD.gif
    Edited by geonsocal on October 25, 2017 6:33PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the other night stayed up too late and was around to help stop EP from crowning...

tonight was able to help crown a player named hixton...

it was very cool to read in text chat how happy folks were for "hix"...

they weren't on at the time - but, folks were kidding that after 30 plus hours straight of playing they had finally fallen asleep about 10 minutes prior :)
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ggs revivex I know you got out numbered real hard while you were distracted looking at my toon when we were at roe