The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lag tonight is just terrible since the new campaign started you can bar swap shoot a bow nothing hardly played about 20 minutes or so after the new campaign started and just logged off hopefully it won't be as bad tomorrow lol
    Edited by Jake1576 on December 3, 2017 8:55AM
  • Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had one of those runs that make PvP so fun.

I'm writing this from inside Sejanus Outpost, claimed by yours truly.

Let's go back a bit, so I'd been working my way overland through Reaper's March, Malabal Tor, and Greenshade while on my way to complete a quest for Bolgrul. He needs some Arch Mage's liver. I don't get paid enough to remember why. It's been taking forever on foot but it gives me something to do when I queue into Cyrodiil. Today I only made a few steps before the wagon to the war front arrived. Once there, I set off to Nikel straight away as no one had claimed it and I wanted to name it after Ballcap (Like you do). So I ported up there and immediately heard siege outside. The front door was fine, let's check the walls - it was a solo Covenant soldier shooting the north wall and we're at 62%. I know this particular foe and I'm not sure I can take him 1 on 1. I've been working on some alchemy lately so I'm all stocked up on some new Invisible+Speed potions. I decided to test them out so I snuck out the door to his side. I crept close in stealth, set fire to his ballista, drank the potion and went back inside. I started wall repair (I come from a long line of masons). At this point some other AD had arrived and they all went out to deal with the guy. My family would be proud, I finished the wall.

Outposts saves - 1, Deaths - 0, Ballista Burned - 1

Now I'm hanging out in Nikel, saying hello to some of my favorite guards. "I bet the dead of Tanzelwill have something to say about Ayrenn." Listen lady, you weren't there! Estre used some daedric magic to interfere. It's all good now. Talion the Mighty took care of it. It's an antiquated custom anyway but Ayrenn has the dead's full endorsement for what it's worth.

More ballista noises now and several AD are porting into Nikel. Early reports indicate Ash lost to the Pact? Roebeck is under siege from Covenant soldiers too? Hmm... not good. Sorcolin isn't going to be happy. It's a smallish group attacking now and we've got numbers. I jumped down and helped finish a couple off with some Radiant Glory and a few staff attacks.

Outpost saves - 2, Deaths - 0, Ballista Burned - 2

Ash is now lost, Roe is gone. We're stranded here at Nikel. Brindle and Vlastrus are also in Covenant hands. We're trapped. Scouts have indicated a large Covenant force is moving north from Roe towards Nikel. Put on your gloves boys and girls, it's hot oil time! First one, then two, then a flood of the enemy charges the front door and I start pouring. A ram is being set up and I'm pouring oil like a mad man. Dump, dump dump, Nightblades 17/20, 18/20, 19/20. By now they have enough ballista going to blast the door off its hinges. There must be one hundred of them out there! I don't think the six of us are going to hold this place. I stealth out, drop off, and head south. I decide to take an out of the way route so as not to run into any blues. I'm on the far west of the field between Nikel and Roe - no man's land and I start to feel safer when a horse rides by and exposes me for a moment. Crap! Quaff another Invis+Speed potion (those Alchemy lessons are paying off) and get away from there.

I'm out of immediate danger now but there's no place to go. Nikel is lost, Ash is gone, Roe has fallen. Even Brindle and Vlastrus are under enemy control. So I head off south towards Faregyl. I'm running mostly in stealth, which as a vampire with windrunning isn't too bad. I'm just enjoying the view. I'm way out of the way of normal traffic so I shouldn't run into any opposition. That being said I spot a lone Covenant solider sitting on his horse. He's level 43 and alone. He's just sitting there. You know what? I'm not going to bother him. He looks like he's questing.

I'm nearly to Faregyl and about to short cut through the farm when it I see the Covenant flag being raised there. Damn, these guys are everywhere! I swing wide, and finally make it to Faregyl. Safe at last. I dashed off a report to the Grand Warlord and reviewed our current position. We've made a lot of progress on the Pact front. That's probably why we are getting our behinds handed to us by the Covenant. Blue Road is the current front line so I ported to Sejanus. It was unclaimed...

Finally a place to relax and write this report. When I look around I noticed there were not the normal number of guards. No one was on the flag and only two guards were standing across from the transit shrine. I go stealth and watch. Suddenly a Pact Nightblade appears and attacks the NPC's. I struck with a quick stun and he breaks and cloaks before I could do more. The place is empty except for me and the two guards. I hide in the shadows and switched out Toppling Charge for Magelight. Then I began my search. I found him upstairs near where the two archers would normally be. It was great when he was revealed and I stunned him good then speared him lower and chased him downstairs as he jumped over the side and the two guards joined the fight. Now I've got him! I tried to charge, forgot I removed that, hit him with Destructive Reach, ran in with spears, and finished him off with the beam. Nightblades killed 20/20.

Outpost saves - 3, Deaths - 0, Ballistas burned - 2

Boom! .... Boom! Not again... can't a guy write a report? I checked the front door and the north wall, nothing. The south wall is at 99% and as I watch another bolt slams into the side. I went stealth out the side door to check it out. Looks like one Pact soldier by himself. I watched for a few minutes to make sure he was alone. Hmm... he's a level 23. Laying siege to an outpost alone? That's a bold move. I watched him while I switched up my skills from magelight to toppling charge. Then out of stealth, BAM! Destructive reach, Toppling Charge, some puncturing sweeps to be followed by... and he's dead. Sorry pal, this place guarded by Talion the Mighty - Star-Made Knight.

Outpost saves - 4, Deaths - 0, Ballistas burned - 3
    Edited by Ballcap on December 3, 2017 9:22PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not enough awesomes in the world for that one ballcap :)
    Edited by geonsocal on December 4, 2017 12:21AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very fun read, I enjoyed it! :-)
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    finally joined in for the first time in a few days...been bouncing between aleswell and bleakers (I ain't trying to tangle with talion the mighty down south :))...

lag is definitely a thing right now when a couple of different groups run in to one another...tried werewolf outside of bleakers and it kept looking like I was dragging my butt all around...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    finally joined in for the first time in a few days...been bouncing between aleswell and bleakers (I ain't trying to tangle with talion the mighty down south :))...

lag is definitely a thing right now when a couple of different groups run in to one another...tried werewolf outside of bleakers and it kept looking like I was dragging my butt all around...

Typical blue, go after red instead of yellow! :p
    But maybe you were on your red, who can keep track these days? lmao
    Edited by TequilaFire on December 4, 2017 12:57PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

you know me too well :)

although in all fairness, had i been playing red, most likely I would've been heading west to get in a scrap with those blue devils...

for quite a while now I've been starting the campaigns off blue for a few days, then red and generally I'll do that for a couple of weeks before playing yellow...

hopefully this campaign will be a little more balanced and I won't have to wait 20 days in to the campaign before I feel comfortable to jump on my AD characters...

played for a bit sunday in it felt weird being surrounded by so many DC players - it's been a while since I've experienced that...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    howdy @Ballcap ...by any chance, you don't have some of your early stories from this thread "bookmarked" or saved anywhere do you?

for those folks whom are just tuning in here - I'd love for them to have a chance to read some of your earlier cyrodiil exploits and tales...

I'll try to go through the thread to see if I can find them myself...

it is definitely a unique and wonderful skill that you have in being able to tell a story, and, to really bring cyrodiil to life in your words...
  • Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭
    @geonsocal Thanks man! You really made my day. In my profile all my old comments are saved. I only have about 100 comments in total and most stories are here in your thread, so that should help cut it down some. You are welcome to repost any of them you like. I always have trouble being able to tell which of my stories are good or not. We are all our own worst critic, you know? See you on the battlefield!
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Typ

I miss Chal but Brindle, Roe and Fare need DC love this campaign
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anyone is up for some MH goodness on Saturday feel free to send me a friend request.

I am so stoked for this.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reiverx wrote: »
    If anyone is up for some MH goodness on Saturday feel free to send me a friend request.

I am so stoked for this.

I still need to buy mine, going to this friday
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am so stoked for this.

It's just the beta that starts on Saturday. Full release is late January.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am so stoked for this.

I do need the game to play the beta don't I?
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am so stoked for this.

I do need the game to play the beta don't I?

Just PS+
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been playing Destiny 2 primarily, but last night was good fighting in Vivec. 3 bars all around. I hope it stays this way.
    PSN NA/EU: DesertDweller99
    PC NA: KaktusKing
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well, it would seem i've finally come almost full circle on my pvp builds now...when i first started out i had some pretty "unique" (read: weird and not so effective) builds i was using on my characters in pvp...

a year or so ago, with a whole lot of help from the forums i finally started putting together builds that synchronized all the different build components much better...started learning to fight a little better, and, ended up maxing out the available champion points...

now that i have a much improved understanding of how things work, i've been able to go back to incorporating some "fun" builds back in to my pvp play...

as soon as the unfathomable darkness set was announced i had visions of having my DW stam warden black cat, who specializes in the 'ol steel tornado, ripping though zergs with those crows flying all around him...

normally in the past i've kept all my non vet characters in crafted gear and had them use what ever non vet cyrodiil epic jewelry i had in inventory...

decided though with this set to go ahead and farm it for my level 34 khajiit...to be honest - it's not exactly the most effective set for bow users due to the limited range (12 meters) of the birds... but, it looks cool...

also thought it would look cool to have him double slot the bear ultimate...

so, put on some new new shiny 5pc unfathomable darkness and 5pc shacklebreaker, and took my dancing bear into cyrodiil...

his gear actually works just fine (sitting around 32k stamina, 29k health, 21k magicka with 2.7k (DW) and 2.3k (bow) weapon damage) - but, man - i had forgotten just how useless that stupid bear is...seriously, i never know where the heck that thing is - or, if it's still even alive (using the extra damage morph - need to change that pronto)...

one thing i did notice that helped a bunch in the build - ended up using an infused bow and infused main hand weapon on the DW - both with the increase weapon damage glyph...that setup seriously works like a charm...

looking forward to spending the next few evenings getting a little more comfortable with fighting in this set up...we'll see how long i'm able to last with the bear...the bear really just completes the "look" on this character :-)

hope you all are having fun out there...
    Edited by geonsocal on December 7, 2017 7:27AM
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    I only have 1 toon with weapon damage above 2K and it's 2084 I believe. If I ever did group dungeons, I couldn't say I'm DPS, healer or tank. I'm 50/50 of everything so I never do them...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only have 1 toon with weapon damage above 2K and it's 2084 I believe. If I ever did group dungeons, I couldn't say I'm DPS, healer or tank. I'm 50/50 of everything so I never do them...

it's been a pretty long journey for me to finally figure out how to put everything together to get the stats i think will wotk for a character...but, at the end of the day - if I put myself in a situation where i'm surrounded by a half dozen bad guys - it doesn't really matter much...

I'll tell you though - for me probably the most significant improvement (other being able to upgrade armor/weapon quality) has come from being able to craft my own glyphs...

felt like it took forever to level enchanting, but, it makes putting together a build do much easier...
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes it does. I'm max skill on all crafting so all my toons have Kuta glyphs and gold weapons. Only 3 toons have gold armor. And when I play the gold armor toons, I'm usually the last man standing until overwhelmed.

3 bars pop in Shor and Vivec last night. It seems PS4 player population has increased, which has greatly increased my sales of legendary glyphs - and I only sell glyphs with 2 capitol guild traders. Making about 30-70K per day now so I can get more toons into gold armor.

Ever since @Takes-No-Prisoner told me to use Oblivion on my weapons, I seem to melt players with my lightning staves from afar in my usual supporting role.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, the oblivion enchantment is gonna keep doing more damage with health slowly creeping up from CP increases. So the return on it will gradually get better over time.

I use poison on my attacking bar though. Oblivion is better for other builds.

@reiverx

Beta details are up for MHW
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on December 7, 2017 6:35PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems PS4 player population has increased, which has greatly increased my sales of legendary glyphs - and I only sell glyphs with 2 capitol guild traders. Making about 30-70K per day now so I can get more toons into gold armor.

holy cow!!! 30 to 70k...sweet...nice work...

I tried the gold gear thing about a year or so ago, got a bunch of it in the bank now...ugh, i can't seem to stick with any set gear choices for very long...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and, in life outside of tamriel - go army, beat navy :)
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow, I can't remember the last time I zerged folks doen this much while wearing blue...

I'll normally spend the first week or so playing blue - they normally need the most help, plus - in all honesty, i'm a bit of a king emeric sympathizer...

been able to spend a good bit of this campaign bouncing between nikel and bleakers taking turns fighting AD and EP...

really nice to see the pops bounce back after the loading screen issue...

did jump on my AD potion guzzling argonian mag warden...while I was collecting level 30 something unfathomable darkness pieces for my stam warden - I also collected a set of the mad tinkerer to try out...

to be honest - neither set is that great for pvp...the procs for each are just way too limited in their situational use...

the animations do look cool though...
  • Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭
    The puppet emperor of the Daggerfall Covenant has been overthrown! The final battle ranged between Forth Ash, Nikel Outpost, and Castle Roebeck. Heroes were rampaging back and forth and across the fields. At times the great armies of the Dominion were bottled up at the gate and thrown back to the relative safety of Nikel while at one point blue was at the walls of Castle Roebeck before they were slowly marched back towards Ash.

The battle at Ash was so fierce, the gods themselves slowed down time in order to take in everything that was happening. That's probably what it was. I'm hiding in the rocks outside Nikel right now and about a dozen DC just rode past me. Yikes! They are all headed south.

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the gods themselves slowed down time in order to take in everything that was happening

hahahahahahaha...yeah, it got pretty choppy there for a minute :p

thanks to @kylewwefan for patching me up and getting me back to the action...

there were soooooo many of the evil queen's minions huddled together outside the front doors of ash - i was nearly able to spam my eye of the storm...drunk off of the power of producing all those pretty lights around myself - I started getting a lot reckless and lotus fanning straight into their midst just to be able to share my joy...
    Edited by geonsocal on December 11, 2017 3:41AM
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I gave you shout out @geonsocal wasfun to see a you hanging out. The Zerg life can be rough. Lol
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But then the throne was made ruby red as it should be! :)
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Takes-No-Prisoner

Well, I absolutely hate the combat in MH. Too sluggish. Not sure I'll be picking this up.
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ballcap wrote: »
    The puppet emperor of the Daggerfall Covenant has been overthrown! The final battle ranged between Forth Ash, Nikel Outpost, and Castle Roebeck. Heroes were rampaging back and forth and across the fields. At times the great armies of the Dominion were bottled up at the gate and thrown back to the relative safety of Nikel while at one point blue was at the walls of Castle Roebeck before they were slowly marched back towards Ash.

The battle at Ash was so fierce, the gods themselves slowed down time in order to take in everything that was happening. That's probably what it was. I'm hiding in the rocks outside Nikel right now and about a dozen DC just rode past me. Yikes! They are all headed south.

Need those gods to stay out of it. So much lag and disconnects with the large group keep fights again
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs