The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ggs revivex I know you got out numbered real hard while you were distracted looking at my toon when we were at roe

I always hang around the side areas for those pesky NBs who slip in. I knew it was futile as 100:1 is pretty big odds to overcome.

You caught me at a rare moment though. Our PVP guild is dead and I'm down to a few hours per week, if that.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm basically waiting for the new update. Waiting for the campaign to reset as well.

I ran into a situation where Waxlock and me 2vX a 15 man group of red at Glademist. It was quite the fight before help arrived.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I tried vivec a few times over the weekend. It’s in a bad place right now. Got smooch bombed and left. Shor is where it’s at.
  • Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭
    For the first time in at least a year another member of Team Ballcap entered Cyrodiil. Talion the Mighty Templar took the day off and his friend Jonas the Adequate, a Breton sorcerer fighting for the Dominion, joined the fight in Vivec. He performed... adequately. He didn't even have his champion points assigned so he took a swig from the his tankard and slapped something together right quick. 100 here, yeah looks good. Umm, going to put 75 in that tree, etc... Let's do this!

Jonas hopped the next caravan to the capital province. Based on the information from Talion the Mighty (Kill the other guys -Talion), Jonas figured "Hey, how bad could it be?" What am I wearing for armor? Netch's touch? Well fitted Netch's breaches?! That are superior?! A mish mash of Julianos and some off brand staff. Yeah, this just won't do at all. But we're here, so let's give it a go. A quick trip to Alessia (there's always action at Alessia) and off we go. There's some skirmishing out front due to blue taking the lumber mill and engaging in the open field for some small scale action. So I streak close into the fight, pop some shields and start blasting with Endless Fury and some crystal frags. It looks like I'm doing.. and I'm dead. Right, six light armor pieces, forgot about my shields. Remember Toto, we're not in heavy armor anymore...

Ok, let's try again. This time Jonas has it a bit more dialed in. Endless fury even popped and killed a few guys. Hey, this is going allri... and I'm dead. Right right... shields.

What I need is a change of scenery. Let's head to Nikel. Clear our head for a minute and get our skills in order. Switched a few things around. Remember, circle is shield... circle is shield. Specifically, circle is hardened ward. Transit up to Ash as DC is resource grabbing. I'm up on the wall shooting down at a covenant guy who is in turn, shooting up at me. And he's winning. Quick! Shield shield shield! Muscle memory takes over and I hit R1 which is Talion's heal. Only, instead of healing, Jonas streaks off the wall right in front of the person below. Dead. Right.... circle is shield. Forget that, R1 is now shield. Let's use muscle memory to our advantage. Respawn, back to the wall, the same guy is down below still. I'm blasting spells and staff attacks and getting some injuries, QUICK shield! I hit circle for shield and streak off the wall right in front of the same guy and he kills me again. I wish I could explain to him that no, I'm not in fact, an idiot. I just... I forgot I switched my buttons...

Respawn, sprint out the door, head towards the wall and another AD shooting down. I get there, out of stamina from running, just in time to catch a meteor to the face. Dead. Sigh. One more time...

Respawn, sprint towards the wall. Stop on the stairs and buff/shield up. Ahh, getting smarter. See that guy below who probably has sore glutes from laughing his ass off at this idiot sorc. He's likely thinking "As long as he keeps showing up, I'll keep killing him." This time I'm using Encase because... well just in case (haha). I get to the wall and some other AD are attacking him and his buddies. Perfect. As long as they don't shoot at me, I'll be fine. I'm getting a little more used to the skills. I jump down and engage. I'm encasing the tree runners (dodge that, shuffle-muffin!), getting some endless fury in there, why are my hands purple? Oh yeah! Crystal frags! So I throw some of those around too. Whoop, better shield up. Ok, now it's going on. I'm having a good time now. Oh no, that guy is looking my way. Shield and streak! Shield and streak!

All told, I died a lot more than I am used to but when you get those skills working, playing a magic sorcerer is a lot of fun. Lightning everywhere. Also, to anyone who was hit by my Storm Atronauch, I assure you it was an accident. I can't tell you how many times I dropped it well away from any sort of fight. My aim and timing with it were terrible. Sometimes I'd hide and go keep it company far away from the fight until he went back to wherever atronauchs come from. Probably Houston.

Edit changed out a word that was censored
    Edited by Ballcap on October 30, 2017 6:17PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ballcap wrote: »
    Jonas the Adequate, a Breton sorcerer fighting for the Dominion,

giphy.gif

:)

hope everyone's monday is moving along smoothly and at a civilized pace (that means slow and easy)...

PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    I tried vivec a few times over the weekend. It’s in a bad place right now. Got smooch bombed and left. Shor is where it’s at.

ugh, the other day was on an AD character had just headed out the gate of a keep and the very first player i run into (and got run over by) was gooch's DC NB...i was pissed...thankfully some other players were in the area and where able to rez me then corner him...still - why couldn't i have run into some other casual like myself :p

seriously - if i see someone in front of me, i don't check names - just move forward and engage...i may need to start checking names :#
    Edited by geonsocal on October 30, 2017 6:42PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ballcap wrote: »
    For the first time in at least a year another member of Team Ballcap entered Cyrodiil. Talion the Mighty Templar took the day off and his friend Jonas the Adequate, a Breton sorcerer fighting for the Dominion, joined the fight in Vivec. He performed... adequately. He didn't even have his champion points assigned so he took a swig from the his tankard and slapped something together right quick. 100 here, yeah looks good. Umm, going to put 75 in that tree, etc... Let's do this!

Jonas hopped the next caravan to the capital province. Based on the information from Talion the Mighty (Kill the other guys -Talion), Jonas figured "Hey, how bad could it be?" What am I wearing for armor? Netch's touch? Well fitted Netch's breaches?! That are superior?! A mish mash of Julianos and some off brand staff. Yeah, this just won't do at all. But we're here, so let's give it a go. A quick trip to Alessia (there's always action at Alessia) and off we go. There's some skirmishing out front due to blue taking the lumber mill and engaging in the open field for some small scale action. So I streak close into the fight, pop some shields and start blasting with Endless Fury and some crystal frags. It looks like I'm doing.. and I'm dead. Right, six light armor pieces, forgot about my shields. Remember Toto, we're not in heavy armor anymore...

Ok, let's try again. This time Jonas has it a bit more dialed in. Endless fury even popped and killed a few guys. Hey, this is going allri... and I'm dead. Right right... shields.

What I need is a change of scenery. Let's head to Nikel. Clear our head for a minute and get our skills in order. Switched a few things around. Remember, circle is shield... circle is shield. Specifically, circle is hardened ward. Transit up to Ash as DC is resource grabbing. I'm up on the wall shooting down at a covenant guy who is in turn, shooting up at me. And he's winning. Quick! Shield shield shield! Muscle memory takes over and I hit R1 which is Talion's heal. Only, instead of healing, Jonas streaks off the wall right in front of the person below. Dead. Right.... circle is shield. Forget that, R1 is now shield. Let's use muscle memory to our advantage. Respawn, back to the wall, the same guy is down below still. I'm blasting spells and staff attacks and getting some injuries, QUICK shield! I hit circle for shield and streak off the wall right in front of the same guy and he kills me again. I wish I could explain to him that no, I'm not in fact, an idiot. I just... I forgot I switched my buttons...

Respawn, sprint out the door, head towards the wall and another AD shooting down. I get there, out of stamina from running, just in time to catch a meteor to the face. Dead. Sigh. One more time...

Respawn, sprint towards the wall. Stop on the stairs and buff/shield up. Ahh, getting smarter. See that guy below who probably has sore glutes from laughing his ass off at this idiot sorc. He's likely thinking "As long as he keeps showing up, I'll keep killing him." This time I'm using Encase because... well just in case (haha). I get to the wall and some other AD are attacking him and his buddies. Perfect. As long as they don't shoot at me, I'll be fine. I'm getting a little more used to the skills. I jump down and engage. I'm encasing the tree runners (dodge that, shuffle-muffin!), getting some endless fury in there, why are my hands purple? Oh yeah! Crystal frags! So I throw some of those around too. Whoop, better shield up. Ok, now it's going on. I'm having a good time now. Oh no, that guy is looking my way. Shield and streak! Shield and streak!

All told, I died a lot more than I am used to but when you get those skills working, playing a magic sorcerer is a lot of fun. Lightning everywhere. Also, to anyone who was hit by my Storm Atronauch, I assure you it was an accident. I can't tell you how many times I dropped it well away from any sort of fight. My aim and timing with it were terrible. Sometimes I'd hide and go keep it company far away from the fight until he went back to wherever atronauchs come from. Probably Houston.

Edit changed out a word that was censored

thanks @Ballcap ...that made my morning...one of the reasons I stopped using streak for a long time was that it kept getting me killed all the time...

switching up characters is not easy...if i don't warm up somewhere in pve land first - the potential for pain in cyrodiil is very high...
    Edited by geonsocal on October 31, 2017 5:01AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow, just got hit by 3 overload light attacks for close to 21k...i'm on my Breton, forever loyal to the Daggerfall Covenant, well armored magblade, he's got 27k health and 24k spell resistance...

hmmmm, it's been awhile since I ran overload on my mag sorc - i may want to dust that off...

my stam sorc uses overload, but mostly just for the 3rd bar...

lots of small scale at the moment - a whole lot of people just hanging around on their mounts in various spots - looks weird...yep, there seems to be a bit of a pause in the action...

a few organized groups here and there i imagine...

when I first received AP on this character his rank was 7,031...
    Edited by geonsocal on October 31, 2017 3:05AM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the Zerg Dominion having a 9000 plus point lead and 3 days left not much else to do but gank some of the yellow hordes. This campaign showed a culmination of everything broke about PvP.
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yellow zergs down vivec, its pop locked and *** pvp for those getting zerged and those not wanting too zerg....like 90% of the AD pvp population is piled into vivec right now....its kinda gross.....only positive this that has come from having 2 campaigns iis it gives a more accurate picture of the population of each alliance right now....friday prime time..viviec pop locked ad pop locked ep, 2 bars dc...shor 1 bar ad pop locked ep, no bars blue....
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    in a week or so when clockwork city comes out it's gonna get even smaller in terms of player participation...

pretty soon it'll just be us standing around in a circle, taking turns dueling...
    Edited by geonsocal on October 31, 2017 3:57PM
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wazzz56 wrote: »
    yellow zergs down vivec, its pop locked and *** pvp for those getting zerged and those not wanting too zerg....like 90% of the AD pvp population is piled into vivec right now....its kinda gross.....only positive this that has come from having 2 campaigns iis it gives a more accurate picture of the population of each alliance right now....friday prime time..viviec pop locked ad pop locked ep, 2 bars dc...shor 1 bar ad pop locked ep, no bars blue....

yea :( these are tough times
  • Hatoreehanzo
    Hatoreehanzo
    ✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    howdy @generalmyrick , howdy @jlboozer , howdy @OutLaw_Nynx, howdy @Hatoreehanzo ...i know you all spend some time pvping in our neck of the world...

just wondering what your recent pvp experiences have been like...

personally i've been having fun - but, it has mostly been non-objective oriented with a lot of zerg melee action around the outposts...

I like to fight in those situations (fighting just for the sake of fighting, and, being able to quickly rez nearby) - so, that's okay for me...just a little worried to see pops so low all the time across the different campaigns...

Generally I solo or small group in Cyro (Vivec). I am always streaming so feel free to check out my game play. As for zergs, it's inevitable, but I try to build expecting that outcome. The thing that has really bothered me as of late is game functionality (double CC's, invisible meteors, snipe health desyncs, random load screens, bad framerate, etc).

Aside from that I have fun making them work for it and occasionally solo wiping large groups.

PS4 NA
    PSN: hatoreehanzo
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/hatoreehanzo
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    woo hoo!!! campaign reset in an hour...

this is gonna be the second time in a row I'll be on at the beginning - still been too lazy to "prep" a character to cash in on some AP...

AD will finish the campaign just a little short of 40k, EP in second over 10k away...

gooch will finish with around 26 million, I hope he's making some money off this stuff streaming or something...

he's current emp - i"m sure he'll hit close to 200k in the first couple of hours...wherever he's at - I'm sure today will be an all nighter...

been spending the last few days going through my characters, selling, banking, looking over their gear sets and rotations...

for those of you whom are active altoholics - wow, you know, quite the chore to keep up a bunch of characters...

not sure why, but, I only really like playing a character for a few days, usually I'll play 2 or 3 briefly each time I log on, and put some time with one of them in cyrodiil...

should there be another class or race in the future - i think 10 still might be it for me...my wardens are still only around level 30...no rush to bump them up...

have fun :)
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just shows how broken PvP is.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    my Friend was complaining about campaign rewards from shor. 30 something place and all he got was some purple ring. I hadn’t really considered campaign rewards much... probably wouldn’t make top 100 in vivec. Is there a list of campaign rewards somewhere?

I actually have a dedicated PvP character now and it is much better. Mag DK. Full impen makes a huge difference.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends on leaderboard ranking, top 2% get gold jewelry, and end of campaign 30 day has 3 tier rewards you can see the tier status when you look at leaderboards. It'll be that green bar. Basically get tier 3 filled up and you'll get the 25K~ gold and the 5 pieces of jewelry.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    my Friend was complaining about campaign rewards from shor. 30 something place and all he got was some purple ring. I hadn’t really considered campaign rewards much... probably wouldn’t make top 100 in vivec. Is there a list of campaign rewards somewhere?

I actually have a dedicated PvP character now and it is much better. Mag DK. Full impen makes a huge difference.

howdy @kylewwefan ...saw you selling a morkuldin bow at one of the guild stalls in mournhold...i was looking for a marksman bow (not so easy to find - ended up paying 20k for a sharpened one)...

i've read a lot of positive reviews on the morkuldin set, still haven't tried it myself though..in this age of light and heavy attacks just to sustain seems like a very useful set...

7 day Campaigns

Alliance Points (Tier 1) 25,000–49,999 (Tier 2) 50,000–99,999 (Tier 3) 100,000+

1st Place Alliance (Tier 1) 2100 gold (Tier 2) 3000 gold + 1 Superior Item (Tier 3) 3900 gold + 1 Epic Item
    20 Keep Wall Masonry Repair Kits

2nd Place Alliance (Tier 1) 1375 gold (Tier 2) 1750 gold (Tier 3) 2125 gold
    10 Keep Wall Masonry Repair Kits

3rd Place Alliance (Tier 1) 950 gold (Tier 2) 1100 gold (Tier 3) 1250 gold
    5 Keep Wall Masonry Repair Kits

Top 2% Players per Alliance 3000 gold + 1 Legendary Item
    Top 3–10% Players per Alliance 1500 gold + 1 Epic Item

30 day Campaigns

Alliance Points (Tier 1) 25,000–49,999 (Tier 2) 50,000–99,999 (Tier 3) 100,000+

1st Place Alliance (Tier 1) 10500 gold (Tier 2) 15000 gold + 5 Superior Items (Tier 3) 19500 gold + 5 Epic Items
    20 Keep Wall Masonry Repair Kits

2nd Place Alliance (Tier 1) 6875 gold (Tier 2) 8750 gold (Tier 3) 10625 gold
    10 Keep Wall Masonry Repair Kits

3rd Place Alliance (Tier 1) 4750 gold (Tier 2) 5500 gold (Tier 3) 6250 gold
    5 Keep Wall Masonry Repair Kits

Top 2% Players per Alliance 15000 gold + 5 Legendary Items
    Top 3–10% Players per Alliance 7500 gold + 5 Epic Items

Edit: hard to format the list - here's the link: http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Campaigns

one of the reasons i've stayed on the 30 day map is that at least there's a little payback for playing...
    Edited by geonsocal on November 3, 2017 5:24PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ugh, my stam sorc is so frustrating...

trying to use three bars: overload - tool tip sets my overload light attacks will hit for 19k, not sure exactly if surge and molag kena affect that number...but, I can definitely see folks health bars take a dip when I hit them :)

been able to get to around 4k weapon damage on 2H and 3.5 k on the bow, wearing 7 medium, my health is at around 22k, my resistances, even with hurricane is only around 18k, 1.8k crit...trying to use the hurricane/shuffle combo to stay alive...

doing fine in zergs, but, absolutely getting crushed in 1v1 situations against good players...

right now using 2pc molag kena, 5pc sword singer on 2H bar, and 5pc markmans on bow bar...

trying to be patient with getting used to switching between 3 bars...maybe just need to grind out a better rotation...

plus, been just using tri-pots - time to go cook up some immovable pots and bump up my medicinal use skill line, that should help a bit...

hope everyone is having fun...been playing red and heading straight south all day...
    Edited by geonsocal on November 4, 2017 7:33PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    read a bunch of talk how "unkillable" characters in cp pvp are making the game unenjoyable...

ran in to a situation earlier in the day wherein was playing an EP mag dk...just kept the character at chalman and had a blast fighting both AD and DC as they showed up at the door...

oddly enough - neither faction would really try to enter the front door - they just wanted us to come out to the front fight a bit, get sucked back toward the mill - then get destro ult downed...

it was weird - but, fun for a while...getting ready to log on with one of my werewolves - need to try to see if I can get some decent vid...always a lot of fun when you can play the werewolf in larger skirmishes...
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having two bar yellow, zero bar red and one bar blue makes it hard to have fun. A lot of disconnects and lag coming back in the last few weeks for me as well when the yellow zerg turns up at your door, lol.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a perfectly good hotdog :(
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    such a simple statement - yet, so complex on so many different levels...
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it hooks left like mine. o:)
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it hooks left like mine. o:)

ewwwwwwwwww...

bz-panel-03-01-12.jpg
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No scouting, battle or scroll missions available.
    Just when I thought they couldn't screw up PvP anymore.
    I stand corrected by their abilities.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    considering how empty it was yesterday, I was surprised how many times I got kicked from the server...connection speed was fine...

no missions available is really odd...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    received my first transmute node things last night in a rewards for the worthy...

read somewhere that if you save some of the rewards mails and log in with different characters to open this mails you could gain more transmute crystals that way...

I have bunch of monster and BoP dungeon gear that really could use a trait overhaul...
    Edited by geonsocal on November 8, 2017 11:07PM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK the missions have magically reappeared.
    Now if we only didn't have to restart the game after dying. lol