The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    well, that little bit of aldmeri glory wasn't too long lived...

once again cyrodiil is one big blueberry pie (i have no idea what that means - i'm just feeling a little jaded at the moment)...

even prior to the beginning of the new life festival it appeared DC was gaining back control of the map...

here's a cry for help for the sake of our map...if you're playing with the AD or EP you should be hitting DC about 75% or more of the time you're in scourge...

EP and AD...make believe the bridge has some kind of invisible barrier in the middle...stay on your own sides and focus on DC...

cuz, it's just not so much fun when the same folks win over and over again...

as I'm writing this i'm playing a DC character...

it's not my fault I didn't want to stick all 8 characters in the same alliance...not my fault all the other maps are near empty most days, or have limited pops with only 1 or 2 alliances...

call me crazy - but, I also like rezzing someone one day and trying to bury them the next :D

I'll tell ya - my EP and AD guys are beginning to develop a serious resentment towards their DC stable mates...

yeah, it's getting weird on a couple of different levels...

on a little more positive a note - finally got blazing shield on my "stamplar", up next for this character is radiant destruction...I try my best to use both magicka and stamina abilities in all characters, just more fun for me...

it's odd though that over time the "feel" of your character can change - my stamplar suddenly feels like he's running out of stamina all the time (just figured it out - removed werewolf ultimate with war horn on my main bar - and, you tend to do a lot of moving once a fight begins :))...

It's funny. Text chat was actually quite mellow when AD were in front. Then, as if by magic, it changed to the usual toxic mess.

I got kicked from a group on Saturday. First time ever. What can I say? Being a group leader doesn't give you the right to treat other players like rabid dogs. Some people bite back. Yup, I'm just a feisty old Scot.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reiverx wrote: »

It's funny. Text chat was actually quite mellow when AD were in front. Then, as if by magic, it changed to the usual toxic mess.

I got kicked from a group on Saturday. First time ever. What can I say? Being a group leader doesn't give you the right to treat other players like rabid dogs. Some people bite back. Yup, I'm just a feisty old Scot.

I don't understand how you of all people got kicked. You're a pretty chill guy to run with. We all we're bro'ing out pretty hard when we were playing with Stoney/OJ on Sat/Sun.

I still want the guy who ganked me right outside of Nikel to attempt to gank me again. Rank 34 bruh and he couldn't get me down to 5k health 1.0. The fam was quick to body him while i stood there and HA on my Restro staff.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on December 19, 2016 3:42PM
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would pimmy do that? What has gotten into him... That is a really small thing to get hung up on.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    on Wednesday me and him got jumped by a bunch of reds outside blue road. It was a good fight but we were beat down in the end. He rezzed but I hung around and someone picked me up. I sneaked all the way back to Sejanus and just before I got to a side door, a large group of reds was on my tail. I bolted to the door and just as I did, the group leader came out and ran head-on into the reds.

He got steamrolled in 0.2 seconds.

Next thing I know he's screaming at me. Calling me f*** noob, I'm useless, and blah blah, and it was all my fault. Eh? So I left his guild.

Early on Saturday morning he invites me to a group. Why not. Water under the bridge. Well, no. He kept on harassing me about why I left the guild so I gave it to him straight. I guess he didn't like the answer.

Apart from that, I had an absolute blast on Sat/Sun.

sorry to hear you had a small run in @reiverx with a fellow groupie (and guild master to boot)...that's pretty hilarious story though about you running into the outpost and them running out right at about the same time...ooops, don't step out that door :#

normally i try to avoid grouping up - it's just a challenge for me sometimes to move to other folk's pace...plus - i seem to only be able to handle humanity in small doses :)

one of my more fun group experience has been with running with @Yung_deezy818 guildies': good dabs and hash...i really appreciated it that when someone died in the group there was no whining and complaining...heck, i remember running across a few group members bodies who were just quietly waiting for someone to come along and rez them - it really impressed me, because i've also heard the other side of people yelling and screaming about someone killing them - too much drama...

PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@reiverx - hmmmmmm, interesting that you just so happened to mention the nature of text chat within a certain alliance...

playing all sides i have the opportunity to get exposed to each of the chat conversations going on in the different alliances...

initially after playing EP for awhile this weekend i had the thought that their chat seemed to be the most gameplay/strategy focused of all the alliances - i know that a lot of the time the DC and AD chat turns into a serious hot mess...

after a while though - i learned that like myself there's a bunch of other folks whom jump around from alliance to alliance on the same map...needless to say that ends up causing tension amongst players...but, it did kind of seem like EP's chat was a little more civil than the other two...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think ESO is getting close to the longest time I've stuck with a single game. The previous holder was Demon's Souls where I took the same character to new game+28. Typically, I move on to something else after a few months. I only picked up the game because Mission Control (AKA wife) 'made me do it' since she was really big on WoW but also played Skyrim to death.

I never thought I'd see the day I played an MMO.

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think ESO is getting close to the longest time I've stuck with a single game. The previous holder was Demon's Souls where I took the same character to new game+28. Typically, I move on to something else after a few months. I only picked up the game because Mission Control (AKA wife) 'made me do it' since she was really big on WoW but also played Skyrim to death.

I never thought I'd see the day I played an MMO.

dude, that's funny - mission control :)

I'm with you man, I'm going on 18 months now, never played any game that long...my first mmo too...

I keep thinking I'm gonna stop logging in eventually - but, I haven't reached that point yet...plus, I'm kind of getting attached to some of my characters :p

wiping folks in cyro isn't getting old either >:)
  • Yung_deezy818
    Yung_deezy818
    ✭✭
    Yeah I ran groups again yesterday somewhat and a good portion of today. Was happy with my group of 7-13 we were kicking butt. Left to go help vengeance of the dominion crown a fella in childrend(started at gate currently have almost whole map though D.C. Is holding on to that last EMP keep. Quite the def they pulling off.) Hats off been a fun night
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hold up - just wait a minute folks...11 days in to the campaign, and, those soldiers from the aldmeri dominion just might be in the lead in this campaign tomorrow...

DC: 11800, AD: 11774, EP: 11590...AD has a 33 point advantage heading into the next score eval in 15 minutes...

things are finally starting to get interesting here in scourge :)
    Edited by geonsocal on December 20, 2016 8:21AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there's a new sheriff in town...

AD: 11857, DC: 11816, EP: 11623...right now all 3 alliances are sitting with 2 population bars...
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even though I've lived in Ohio for 16 years I'm originally from Scotland. Last night I bumped into someone from a town just a short drive from my own home town.

Man, it's a small world.
  • Maff
    Maff
    ✭✭✭
    Even though I've lived in Ohio for 16 years I'm originally from Scotland. Last night I bumped into someone from a town just a short drive from my own home town.

Man, it's a small world.

A pair of sweaty socks in America ;)

(I'm not too far outside of London if you didn't guess)
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maff wrote: »

Man, it's a small world.

He was still in Scotland but played on the NA server for whatever reason.

Sweaty socks. lol. Jock means an entirely different thing over here.
  • Maff
    Maff
    ✭✭✭

Man, it's a small world.

Yeah I'm aware of the US version.
    My dad's a Scot too, he can rant about the bloody English (soft pansies) for hours if I call him a sweaty sock. He'd be great in group chat but unfortunately at 70 years old PvP would be a bit much for him. He used to curse my OG Game Boy when he messed up at Tetris.
    Nobody can rant quite like an upset Scotsman.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Man, it's a small world.

So are bangers 1.0

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for all you folks outside of the states, or, originating outside of the states...i'm really glad you're here in this game...

as much as i love me some americanos:
    https://youtu.be/u7APmRkatEU
    gotta admit - mister bowie had a bit of a point...

found it really interesting to hear some of the folks on the EU server actually find the folks on the NA server to be more amicable...i wasn't expecting that...

anywho - thanks for providing a slightly different perspective and vibe from what most of us states folks are used to...

been playing a couple of DC charcaters this week...i am very pleased to say - we have been getting absolutely hammered by EP and AD...finally, it looks like htose other alliances may be figuring out to make hitting blue their first and second choices...

now that AD seems to be leaving bleakers alone for awhile, and, not fixating on the bridge - they are in the lead...let's see how long it lasts...
    Edited by geonsocal on December 21, 2016 7:41PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    howdy everyone...hope the holiday season is treating everyone well...actually raining out here in so cal, which is kinda nice (we don't normally get much rain)...

AD still large and in charge at the halfway point in the campaign...

around 7.5 mil or so will get you a top spot on your alliance's leaderboard these days...

have to be honest - not too much new and interesting stuff I've come across in cyro recently (other than some knucklehead who wouldn't let me play at a dolmen a few minutes ago...seriously, they were max cp and I'm on a lowly level 38 NB, no pity...seems they were a shoot first, ask questions later kind of player - oh well :s )...

farming the dolmens at the moment cuz I lost my cold-fire ballista a while ago...was on the inner keep wall and not paying close enough attention - from the first hit to death didn't have enough time to stow the seige...

other than flaming oil, I only use the ballistas (normal for walls and doors, fire for players, cold-fire when i'm pretty sure no one can kill me :#)...

last time I had to replace a cold-fire it took me around 10 dolmens to collect one...

it is interesting though to see AD pull their act together this campaign...been in Scourge now for around 7 or 8 months and they've fairly consistently pulled up the rear each csmpaign...it's amazing what focusing on DC and staying off the bridge and out of the outposts can do for them...

gotta be honest, it'd be nice watching the yellow folks take home this campaign...

doesn't really look like to many of the other maps are that populated at the moment...

happy and sage holidays to you all :)
    Edited by geonsocal on December 24, 2016 10:00AM
  • Yung_deezy818
    Yung_deezy818
    ✭✭
    Yeah seeing we've held lead for first two weeks then totally bomb out to third the last 4 months has been really depressing. Hoping we can hold it together and win it again. Would be our first Scourge win
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just spent 5 minutes or so fighting someone named "you can't kill me" along with 2 other allies - too funny, sure enough, we couldn't...finally just put away my weapon, cheered them and walked away :p

you can't kill me - good job...
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm starting to wonder if DC is even trying this campaign or whether the better players are just farming AP at this point. For two nights I watched blue do nothing but defend Aleswell even after losing every other keep just so the guy could keep Emp.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i'm starting to wonder if DC is even trying this campaign or whether the better players are just farming AP at this point. For two nights I watched blue do nothing but defend Aleswell even after losing every other keep just so the guy could keep Emp.

You get to a point where holding emperor is all that matters. Theres always a nightcapping crew on every alliance willing to take all the scrolls at some point or another.

So why not make a stand and unite as a faction to hold onto the greatest prize in the land? Its also pretty fun to have 3 way faction fights. Apart from the lag id say its pretty worth it.
    PS4 NA DC
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    been paying a little closer attention to text chat while playing in the different alliances...EP is pretty consistently focused on map strategy, DC is continously a hot mess of folks just talking crap back and forth...

AD at the moment, during the times I've been on, has been amazingly focused...you can read in their text chats - everyone is preaching to leave the bridge alone, get roebuck before blue road keep and push the left side of the map...

it's been working for them the last week or so for sure...

something though is going on with the DC population...haven't really seen any of the other campaigns that populated lately - but, it definitely does feel like there are less DC players out there than usual...
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is Christmas so population will be unusual. DC had about 25-40% of its population at Sej when I was on today. So not surprisingly it lost home keeps, a home scroll and Emp keeps, but hey Sej remained blue :D

I have noticed a few red guilds I am used to seeing were running yellow today. Your talk about the competition brought me back @geonsocal and it did not disappoint. Fights going on all over the map and often competitive numbers from all sides.
    Edited by Curragraigue on December 26, 2016 10:16PM
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hey @Curragraigue ...hope your holidays season is going well and relatively stress free...

I'm sooooooo jealous if your out there tormenting our fellow pvp buddies :)

got the god kids over for their christmas break, so I'm out of action for awhile...my godson likes to play the heck out of disney infinity - so, lot's of spiderman and hulk action for awhile...my god daughter is 14 and "mainlines" those crazy youtubers non-stop...

the devolution of broadcast entertainment: scripted television > reality tv > and now, youtube...ugh, I'm getting old...

every once in a while I'll let my godson do some farming in eso (he loves playing the werewolf :))...I've tried to do some pvping before with him here - but, he basically trolls me the whole time - "have you ever played this game before?", "you're not really that good at this game are you?", and, his personal favorite: "wow, you sure do die a lot"...

he's five and merciless :#

Edit: hiding out in the bathroom right now (it's the only "safe" spot in the whole house at the moment)...getting ready to watch 'sharkboy and lava girl' for, I don't know, maybe about the 600th time...worse yet, I'm begun to actually think it's not that bad a movie...

I have no idea how/when "real" parents play eso and survive :p
    Edited by geonsocal on December 27, 2016 7:43AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    had a chance to get on for a little bit...

wow, what a campaign - here's hoping they're all this tight for at least the next few months :)

less than 1,500 points separate first (AD) to third (EP) with 11 days to go...

current emp is "allmadden" - but, good chance that may not be the case in the morning...high score 8.8 mil for "binibrasco" of EP...

if there's a particular banner you're fond of rocking - i suggest you jump in and go capture some resources, keeps, outposts and scrolls...just about every point is gonna matter until the very end...
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like DC is going to run away with this campaign yet again. I thought the other alliances had a chance but oh well. Still, I've had a lot fun this time round. I finally got a piece I wanted from a dungeon after a two month grind. Just one more to go and that set will be impen complete.

Now, if I could only get that Burning Spellweave sharpened inferno staff.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like DC is going to run away with this campaign yet again. I thought the other alliances had a chance but oh well. Still, I've had a lot fun this time round. I finally got a piece I wanted from a dungeon after a two month grind. Just one more to go and that set will be impen complete.

Now, if I could only get that Burning Spellweave sharpened inferno staff.

oh my goodness - the gear grind can be absolute torture!!!

10 days left in the campaign and AD is up by 1,000 points on DC and around 1,400 on EP...

I think you might have looked at a different campaign - but, it does look like DC is starting to push (they made up a few hundred points in just a couple of days)...
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the current rate of catch up the balance will tip in DCs favor. Anything can happen in ten days though. And of course, I'm always going to be the pessimist.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    very good point @reiverx ...
    of course, I'm always going to be the pessimist.
    ...hmmmm, sure you're not from back northeast US...my feeling growing up back in new york was to hope for the best - but, always expect the worse :p

with 24 score evaluations per day - not to hard to make up some ground really fast if you're able to flood the map with players 24/7...

haven't really paid too close attention to pop bars in the other campaigns...

we'll see if AD is able to keep most their players in Scourge for the next 10 days...
    Edited by geonsocal on December 30, 2016 12:16AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    howdy everyone...working the night shift out there in pvp land today, this morning - when is now; and, is now then?

AD with a solid 1,800 point lead over DC...EP is around 500 behind that...8 days to go...didn't really notice any pop bars on any other campaigns- it would seem scourge has most ps4 pvpers attention at the moment...

heading into another holiday weekend, shod be interesting to see of the AD lead grows - or, if DC or EP can put together some good numbers to tighten this thing up the final week...