Maintenance for the week of June 3:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 3, 2:00AM EDT (6:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Patch notes are up. How long before we are playing the game

• dawgyg99
    dawgyg99
    ✭✭
    Seriously this is a total joke!

A 96mb patch results in this length of downtime!?

Options
  • Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    O horror, o horror one day without video game! How will we survive this!!!?
    Some men just want to watch the world burn... I just want a cold beer!
    Options
  • mihaiisraging
    mihaiisraging
    ✭✭✭
    Just got an update: We're still working on the outstanding issue that has resulted in an extended maintenance window for the EU and NA PC/Mac servers. At this time, the maintenance window has been extended to 4PM EDT. If that gets pushed out further, we'll let you know.

What is happening on every maintenance? There are almost 12 hours since it is down. Can you replace the hardware or the people that are running in technical issues every week?
    Also it would be nice to share the problem? It is happening very often. Maybe you will receive a piece of advice? I have never seen in any game such long maintenances...and at such hour. It is EU server prime time and server still down. I think I will start to play in the night between sunday and monday and sleep on monday next time I'm free and I want to slack at home.
    Options
  • Flak
    Flak
    ✭✭✭✭
    GG ZoS! Would it be to much to ask if you would patch your Testserver BEFORE you push it live?
    Wouldve taken you 5mins to figure out that it doesn't work.

GM of the progressive raiding Guild Ghosts and Goblins | Recruitment: Open

Roster

Flák - 50 Magicka DK DD
    Toxic Flák - 50 Stamina DK DD
    Flakká - 50 Magicka NB DD
    Sonic Flák - 50 Stam-Sorc DD
    Flákjack - 50 Stamplar DD
    Flák the Ripper - 50 StamNB DD
    Flakster - 50 Magicka Sorc DD
    Overwhelming Flak - 50 Magicka Templar Healer/DD
    Full Metal Flák - 50 Stamina DK Tank
    All Pact

YouTube
    Options
  • Mitrenga
    Mitrenga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS staff is like players trying to hunt black cats in the shadow room in Maw of Lorkhaj.

They always fell down on the last jump.
    Options
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, only ZOS could *** up a 96mb patch, outstanding, truly outstanding.
    Options
  • Xandryah
    Xandryah
    ✭✭✭
    personally, i have had a much, much worse experience with swtor (EA games/Bioware)

i never dwelt in the swtor-forums during downtime to see similar treads, but
    the times and the "time-debts" are much bigger with swtor, at least for EU-players.

also, the way the devs behave and "communicate" with the players is not pleasant to observe

maybe it's me, but it's them as well; that's for sure...

Options
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a bunch of clowns...
    Options
  • MidknightWolf
    MidknightWolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Figure 4 PM guys. Lets hope they didnt break more than they can fix ;).

At least I can get my bedroom painted today!! Oh yeah, and how bout go outside for a little while guys and gals?

Told you so ;)

but anyway,

@ZOS_GinaBruno tell the team to take their time. All the passion for this game in these forums is outstanding! You guys are doing a great job!
    Options
  • beattle
    beattle
    ✭✭
    BFT88 wrote: »
    These guys still don't get it XD

ZeniMax does not guarantee that any Services will be available at all times, in all countries and/or all geographic locations, at any given time, or that ZeniMax will continue to offer any particular Services for any particular length of time. Except as prohibited by applicable law and subject to the Statutory Obligations (as defined in Section 1), ZeniMax reserves the right to change and update Content without notice to You. ZeniMax also reserves the right to refuse Your request(s) to acquire Content, and to limit or block any request to acquire Content, including, but not limited to, Downloadable Content and Game Mods, for any reason.

You.
    All.
    Agreed.
    To.
    Not.
    Be.
    Guaranteed.
    Server.
    Uptime.

Lock this useless thread please.

What do people do when they don't have access to a service they pay for on a regular bases? (This case, all day on Mondays)

They leave the game and find another one to spend money on.

MMO's rely on customers to exist. Having a full day downtime a week will not bring in new customers (me, I will be leaving after the 2 months I have left are done.) With same constant problem, it will get people fed up and find something else to play. As the numbers dwindle in a MMO, it can no longer sustain itself and fade off. They should be working on the reason why the servers are taking longer and longer to bring back up, instead of just letting it happen over and over, irritating the player base who is getting fed up with it.
    Options
  • chimneyswift_ESO
    chimneyswift_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    -______-
    Ebonheart Pact
    GM of Secret Order of Sotha Sil
    Stam DK - Chimneyswift
    NB Healer - Hist-and-Honey
    Templar - Milvela Volos
    Sorc - Thè Flash

For ESO builds & guides: http://www.ChimneySwift11.com
    YouTube: youtube.com/ChimneySwift11
    Twitch: https://twitch.tv/chimneyswift11
    Facebook Gaming: http://www.fb.gg/ChimneySwift11
    Options
  • ConnorWoods
    ConnorWoods
    ✭✭✭
    Am I actually witnessing what I am witnessing, I slept in this morning to avoid the maintenance times because I accept it may make the game better, I then, after receiving no ETA, have hung around not achieving much hoping for it to come back on, I could have done other things, they seem to me like they knew full well that it was going to take this long and just thought it'd make people mad less if they just kept extending it so it looked like they were working hard.

How is this company getting away with this? £8 a month for subscription and we get, in the nicest sense, absolutely pummeled. I have endured endless crashes since DB to the point I can't even do trials anymore without being a burden, I have been ignored on my support tickets, my forum posts and now it seems they can't even let me play my buggy expanse anymore without these joke maintenance times.

From a game that uses the Elder Scrolls license this is harrowing, a game dedicated to the enjoyment of gamers is now being branded to this broken and unplayable mess. I only continue in this mess for the license and be grateful it has saved this company's skin time after time.
    Washed up player
    Options
  • lord_dal
    lord_dal
    ✭✭✭
    Lettigall wrote: »
    yes we will survive, but for some of us, its irritating to have monday tuesday off work, no playing at all on monday since they mess up the maint every time, tuesday, well thats the day of connection/login issues, and extra maint, so no playing, so yes, it can be a bit irritating for some of us, even if we survive.
    Options
  • cynaes
    cynaes
    ✭✭✭
    xvDirtyDvx wrote: »
    That escalated quickly

lol

But seriously, in an effort to describe why having these extended downtimes over and over again and to explain why they are sooo frustrating:

Estimated time available for playing today: 5 hours (if servers had been up by 4 pm BST)
    Actual time available for playing today: 0 hours
    Estimated time available for playing rest of the week (combined): 5 hours

Not. feeling. happy.
    Options
  • Castiel_Boomer
    Castiel_Boomer
    ✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »
    Mrs_Malaka wrote: »
    I can understand how some people are upset about the extended maintenance times with no estimated time of completion. I know there are some who aren't even bothered with it.
    I would be one of the "I could care less" minded folks if, and ONLY if, the maintenance wasn't on bid mornings. For me in my time zone, the server goes down at 1am. Bids end and traders flip at 5am. However, the "maintenance" as of late has been ending anywhere from 7am to almost noon (once again, in my time zone, PST.) I am a zombie from the lack of sleep.
    I feel that I am not alone when I say Mondays are not the best time to do a maintenance because it interferes with guild trader bids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gv0H-vPoDc

About 1:05 mark "I could care less"

YES! Perfect!!!!
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" -Jimi Hendrix
    Options
  • mihaiisraging
    mihaiisraging
    ✭✭✭
    Flak wrote: »
    GG ZoS! Would it be to much to ask if you would patch your Testserver BEFORE you push it live?
    Wouldve taken you 5mins to figure out that it doesn't work.

Testserver? Hmm, I don't have they have this on the list with instructions.
    Options
  • raglau
    raglau
    ✭✭✭✭✭

MMO's rely on customers to exist. Having a full day downtime a week will not bring in new customers (me, I will be leaving after the 2 months I have left are done.) With same constant problem, it will get people fed up and find something else to play. As the numbers dwindle in a MMO, it can no longer sustain itself and fade off. They should be working on the reason why the servers are taking longer and longer to bring back up, instead of just letting it happen over and over, irritating the player base who is getting fed up with it.

I just came back after a year off and was going to sub for 6 months, but if the patching is the same mess it was when I left, I am not going to do that. It's not the end of the world, it is just a game, it's more about a principle of not giving money to companies who don't perform well.

From reading the forum it seems that every patch goes well over scheduled maintenence and ZOS comms is as bad as ever.
    Edited by raglau on August 22, 2016 5:19PM
    Options
  • BFT88
    BFT88
    ✭✭✭✭
    beattle wrote: »
    These guys still don't get it XD

ZeniMax does not guarantee that any Services will be available at all times, in all countries and/or all geographic locations, at any given time, or that ZeniMax will continue to offer any particular Services for any particular length of time. Except as prohibited by applicable law and subject to the Statutory Obligations (as defined in Section 1), ZeniMax reserves the right to change and update Content without notice to You. ZeniMax also reserves the right to refuse Your request(s) to acquire Content, and to limit or block any request to acquire Content, including, but not limited to, Downloadable Content and Game Mods, for any reason.

You.
    All.
    Agreed.
    To.
    Not.
    Be.
    Guaranteed.
    Server.
    Uptime.

Lock this useless thread please.

What do people do when they don't have access to a service they pay for on a regular bases? (This case, all day on Mondays)

They leave the game and find another one to spend money on.

I'm just astounded at the amount of people that still whine about these maintenances when they've been happening like this for years.

People still plan their time around ESO on Monday? You think they would be working, going to school, tidying up, playing another game during downtime on Monday.

But alas, let's all keep planning our time off on patch days when we all already know there is a chance downtime could be extended at any moment.

Bravo children, bravo.
    Options
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    12 hours with the possibility of extending it further? Please elaborate at this point what is going on. I can only assume its hardware or data corruption. The month of August has not been kind to you all lol
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
    Options
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4144617.jpg
    Options
  • nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    nikolaj.lemcheb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will ZoS admit now they doing combined eu and us server updated was a really bad idea?

EVERY SINGLE UPDATE SINCE YOU DID THAT HAS TAKEN AWAY A GAMEDAY FOR THE EU PLAYERS! !!
    Options
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry, I've already been outside. My yardwork is done.

So is my housework, because I'm an impeccable housekeeper and I clean as I go along. There's no mess to worry about, because I never allow one to accumulate.

I've earned my "me" time. I guess I'll have to find another digital outlet to fill it with.

Can anyone recommend a product similar to this one with more than substandard quality control and better feedback from its producers?
    Options
  • SpearDusk
    SpearDusk
    ✭✭✭
    love it, all of us here waiting for the maintenance and wanting info :p
    Options
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lord_dal wrote: »
    Lettigall wrote: »
    yes we will survive, but for some of us, its irritating to have monday tuesday off work, no playing at all on monday since they mess up the maint every time, tuesday, well thats the day of connection/login issues, and extra maint, so no playing, so yes, it can be a bit irritating for some of us, even if we survive.

good point.

if it's this bad today, just imagine tomorrow.
    Options
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    freespirit wrote: »
    Giving ETA in both US and EU time zones costs nothing (well... 1/2 sec. brain work to think of it, 20 seconds googling it) and does A LOT in us feeling less ignored, more respected and more patient and understanding.

PR 101.

Not to be argumentative but which European time zone should they use?

GMT, CET, BST or one of the several others?

As you said it's very quick to google the right time for where you are in Europe. :)

Edit:- Btw I am in Europe and I did google it as soon as the post came up.

We're all used to adapt to BST, that's our "standard" here for Europe.

I did not say it was hard for us to Google. I was merely pointing out that they missed a no-cost opportunity to make us feel respected in spite of yet another all-day maintenance.

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on August 22, 2016 5:21PM
    Options
  • mihaiisraging
    mihaiisraging
    ✭✭✭
    Will ZoS admit now they doing combined eu and us server updated was a really bad idea?

EVERY SINGLE UPDATE SINCE YOU DID THAT HAS TAKEN AWAY A GAMEDAY FOR THE EU PLAYERS! !!
    12 hours with the possibility of extending it further? Please elaborate at this point what is going on. I can only assume its hardware or data corruption. The month of August has not been kind to you all lol

jJsPwdY.jpg
    Options
  • Dread_Viking
    Dread_Viking
    ✭✭✭✭

hope thy will
    Don't worry girl I'm a Sorcerer, i got my Hardened Ward for protection
    Options
  • guul
    guul
    ✭✭✭
    12hrs of Maintenance... By the three........
    Options
  • FluffyMeowington
    I'm just astounded
    they've been happening like this for years
    child

At least you're self-aware.

These threads always have the "high-and-mighty", "why don't you go outside" posters who talk down to others, imposing their ignorance upon them. You are worse than the people complaining about downtime, clowns.
    Edited by FluffyMeowington on August 22, 2016 5:22PM
    DC4lyfe
    stamplar, magplar, magdk
    Options
  • tat2mano
    tat2mano
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just got an update: We're still working on the outstanding issue that has resulted in an extended maintenance window for the EU and NA PC/Mac servers. At this time, the maintenance window has been extended to 4PM EDT. If that gets pushed out further, we'll let you know.

This is getting out of control....

Every week Extended Maintenance and when thats done we get Emergency Patch in the same week...

Options
This discussion has been closed.