The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Icereach PC NA (Mulaamnir/Kyne/BWB NA PC - Final)

• Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Personally my fab way to deal with magdks is to simply run purge. Shuts down there game more often than not.

Talon is far less expensive than purge. If we both spam that, you gonna run out of mag first :tongue:

As for fighting magplar, sure they can clense and do a good job of staying alive but they're never gonna kill you either.
    Their ranged ability gonna be reflected, and sweep is the same as Dizzy, talon and go behind.
    Edited by Raknosh on March 9, 2017 9:27PM
    Founder of PUGz of Daggerfall
    Former Emperors : Dragon of the PUGz, Witcher of the PUGz
    Options
  • Just_call_me_Cola
    Just_call_me_Cola
    ✭✭✭
    Stamblade beats them all. Just don't wear heavy armor plz.
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StamDK crunches them all up. Turtle up and then burst down.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
    Options
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    MagDK melts them all... literally.
    Founder of PUGz of Daggerfall
    Former Emperors : Dragon of the PUGz, Witcher of the PUGz
    Options
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MagNB cloaks away into the night, never to be seen again.
    Options
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamplar OP
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
    Options
  • Enipfodnuos
    Enipfodnuos
    ✭✭✭
    Personally my fab way to deal with magdks is to simply run purge. Shuts down there game more often than not.

Yeah, fighting a Magplar on a Mag DK can be a real pain for that reason. Just gotta make sure you're ready to reapply your DOTs the second they cleanse. Luckily, cleansing with Purge usually costs more than reapplying DOTs and Templars tend to have pretty poor burst so I can use Burning Embers and Healing Ward to heal through their damage anyways, meaning it usually just turns into a really long battle of attrition. I find that a lot of times when that happens the Templar will eventually just stop attacking me, and while I'm usually still good to keep fighting, I'll accept their truce and let them leave to find quicker fights.

With non-Templar builds running Purge it tends to be more difficult to deal with their damage, but since they're forced to use the more expensive cleanse, by reapplying DOTs quickly you can force them to either drain their Magicka pool casting Purge, or cast Purge less often allowing you to keep up pressure with your DOTs.

Yeah I created a stam sorc with the idea it would be a great counter to magdks. As soon as I slotted purge I realized that basically was the whole build. But these are great insights. I can see how a good Mag dk can get around such a simple counter.
    Options
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MagNB cloaks away into the night, never to be seen again.

Some say I'm still in crouch to this day!
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
    Options
  • TipsyDrow
    TipsyDrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sungod wrote: »
    TipsyDrow wrote: »
    Sungod wrote: »
    Would anyone be able to post or PM me a competitive build for Stamina Sorc for bwb?

What kind of stam sorc are you looking to play? What's your playstyle? Do you prefer pure dps in medium, a tankier dps in heavy, two hander, duel wield sword and shield...or even just a tank stam sorc. there are a bunch of different ways to play a stam sorc in bwb that are effective depending on your goals, if you solo, small group or large group pvp.

Also emily shoot me an invite to trade guild. @TipsyDrow

Hi Tipsy :)

I prefer to be solo/small grp play. so somthing that has sustain, some tankyness but can also do dammage. Any weapon I suppose. 2h seems so meta and I would love somthing that would work with dw.

Ok, that's easy peasy. 5 crafted heavy hundings rage, 5 spriggans 3 jewlery +hands and belt. put weapon dam glyphs on the jewlery if you have dark deal morphed, leave them stam regen if you don't. front bar dual wield with whatever two piece bonus ya want/need. back bar 2h buff/heal bar + gap closer. have funz.
    Oooh, what do we have here? Another scrumptious young plaything straight out of life and into my club? Mmm... you smell new, little boy, like fabric softener dew on freshly mowed Astroturf. Oh, I'm not frightening you, am I, duckling?
    Love, Mistress Pigtails
    Options
  • TyroneShoelaces
    Decided I need a change of pace, have an orc stamdk horse trained and ready to go... Never made a DK before and have zero knowledge of their skills and morphs. Anyone have suggestions which skills to prioritize? Assuming 7 heavy is the way to go, but with what? Sword and board? 2h? Bow? Resto? No idea.... Any input would be a great help!
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    S&B/2h buff bar if you feel confident animation canceling everything you do. 2h/s&b buff bar if you want to DS everything to death. I prefer the former over the latter because I can switch from tanking to DPS faster and maintain debuffs at the same time. Otherwise, I run 7h.
    Options
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Current mood in BwB this week

tumblr_nu9jeoSHel1sar3c7o1_500.gif
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

Options
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMAO ... she looks pissed!!! lol
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
    Options
  • Enipfodnuos
    Enipfodnuos
    ✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    S&B/2h buff bar if you feel confident animation canceling everything you do. 2h/s&b buff bar if you want to DS everything to death. I prefer the former over the latter because I can switch from tanking to DPS faster and maintain debuffs at the same time. Otherwise, I run 7h.

Can I ask what animation cancels specifically? Like heavy attack>ransack>light attack>bash? I'm asking because I've been working on it with S/B and duel wields . I've grown tired of the 2H meta.
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends on what you're wanting to do. If I'm low on resources I actually do a lot of heavy attack --> ransack --> bash, when I'm applying constant pressure I medium weave, and when I need to burst I do LA into the sequence. I think for that sort of build the biggest thing I think makes a huge difference is using your bar swap cancels effectively. When I recast evasion/volatile armor a lot of the time you barely even see it and I'm immediately back on my tank/DPS bar and off of my buff bar.

To me S&B builds or magsorc is the most fun combat. Lots of animation canceling with S&B builds and then some really cool timing with magsorc. Magsorcs who can't time burst are not great magsorcs. I know that's something I still feel like I'm really working on.
    Options
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can I ask what animation cancels specifically? Like heavy attack>ransack>light attack>bash? I'm asking because I've been working on it with S/B and duel wields . I've grown tired of the 2H meta.

I'm actually just about finished with my first Stam S&B build, and I've been practicing light/heavy attack>ransack>bash. I'd think that is better than heavy attack>ransack>light attack>bash since bash is on a separate GCD than basic attacks and skills so you can pair it with both the light/heavy attack and ransack with the same animation. You should be able to do light/heavy>ransack>bash twice in the same time it takes to do the heavy attack>ransack>light attack>bash, meaning you would be getting an extra ransack and an extra bash in the same amount of time.

If anybody more experienced with S&B builds has some thoughts on this though I'd definitely be interested in hearing it.
    Options
  • Enipfodnuos
    Enipfodnuos
    ✭✭✭

I'm actually just about finished with my first Stam S&B build, and I've been practicing light/heavy attack>ransack>bash. I'd think that is better than heavy attack>ransack>light attack>bash since bash is on a separate GCD than basic attacks and skills so you can pair it with both the light/heavy attack and ransack with the same animation. You should be able to do light/heavy>ransack>bash twice in the same time it takes to do the heavy attack>ransack>light attack>bash, meaning you would be getting an extra ransack and an extra bash in the same amount of time.

If anybody more experienced with S&B builds has some thoughts on this though I'd definitely be interested in hearing it.

Cool.ty for this. Animation canceling is def an underdisscussed subject as far as I can tell.
    Options
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To me S&B builds or magsorc is the most fun combat. Lots of animation canceling with S&B builds and then some really cool timing with magsorc. Magsorcs who can't time burst are not great magsorcs. I know that's something I still feel like I'm really working on.

If this is true I am looking forward to my new S&B Stam Sorc even more now. I don't know if I'm alone in this, but something about a well-executed animation cancelling "combo" feels incredibly satisfying. Honestly, it might be the most enjoyable basic function in the game for me. Sometimes when I'm just running around I'll even do random things like light attack>vigor>dodge roll>weapon swap just because I like the feel of it. I guess the practice doesn't hurt either!

I also really enjoy Mag Sorc combat for the same reason. Lots of animation cancelling there, and the feeling of perfectly timing a CFrags+Mages Wrath with the Daedric Curse proc is also highly enjoyable. The biggest problem I had with Mag Sorc was dealing with multiple melee enemies targeting me at the same time, but its kind of my own fault for focusing on Hardened Ward instead of Streak when leveling, as I imagine Streak makes those situations much more manageable.
    Options
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool.ty for this. Animation canceling is def an underdisscussed subject as far as I can tell.

Here is a nice, straightforward video explaining some of the most commonly used types of animation cancelling. There are definitely more videos out there too though. And I'd like to think I'm fairly well-versed when it comes to animation cancelling, so feel free to ask if you have any specific questions and I can see if I can help you out.
    Options
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Note that any tips/discussion on ani-cancelling need to consider the animation priority changes in recent(ish) patches (dark brotherhood? Thieves guild? I forget) as well as latency.

I play at about 300 ms constant latency and have to cancel slightly differently because of that.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
    Options
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    its kind of my own fault for focusing on Hardened Ward instead of Streak when leveling, as I imagine Streak makes those situations much more manageable.

Streak+Harness Magicka OR Hardened Ward+Elusive Mist, IMO. Either combination can come together relatively early and both fulfill similar objectives.
    Options
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Note that any tips/discussion on ani-cancelling need to consider the animation priority changes in recent(ish) patches (dark brotherhood? Thieves guild? I forget) as well as latency.

I play at about 300 ms constant latency and have to cancel slightly differently because of that.

Yeah, latency can be a really monkey wrench when it comes to animation cancelling. Luckily I usually sit below 200 ms so I don't really have any issues, but there are times when my latency shoots up and I pretty much just need to hope things land the way I want them too. And with the animation priority changes in the recent patch, supposedly animation cancelling only changed visually, not mechanically (although I think we all know that isn't true), but really the only big difference I've had to deal with is timing. The core of animation cancelling is still pretty much the same, but the timing on certain things definitely changed after that patch.
    its kind of my own fault for focusing on Hardened Ward instead of Streak when leveling, as I imagine Streak makes those situations much more manageable.

Streak+Harness Magicka OR Hardened Ward+Elusive Mist, IMO. Either combination can come together relatively early and both fulfill similar objectives.

As soon as I realized that Harness Magicka was nearly as effective as Hardened Ward, I realized I made a mistake focusing on that instead of Streak. I had previously been under the impression that Harness was significantly weaker than Hardened Ward. I plan on making a new Mag Sorc eventually and getting Streak instead of Hardened, but there are still a couple archetypes I haven't played yet that I want to get some experience with before returning to Mag Sorc.
    Options
  • Enipfodnuos
    Enipfodnuos
    ✭✭✭
    Nice video with good pointers. It's funny, I feel like I've been doing some of these combos instinctively. Especially the light attack> skill> etc. The weapon swap cancels are def good food for thought though.
    Edited by Enipfodnuos on March 11, 2017 1:56AM
    Options
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice video with good pointers. It's funny, I feel like I've been doing some of these combos instinctively. Especially the light attack> skill> etc. The weapon swap cancels are def good food for thought though.

Weapon swap cancelling, in particular, becomes inconsistent with higher latency or lagspikes.
    Options
  • Enipfodnuos
    Enipfodnuos
    ✭✭✭

Weapon swap cancelling, in particular, becomes inconsistent with higher latency or lagspikes.

Lately I have to press my weapon swap two or three times before it even works! So in this sense it would present quite an issue.
    Options
  • Enipfodnuos
    Enipfodnuos
    ✭✭✭
    It depends on what you're wanting to do. If I'm low on resources I actually do a lot of heavy attack --> ransack --> bash, when I'm applying constant pressure I medium weave, and when I need to burst I do LA into the sequence. I think for that sort of build the biggest thing I think makes a huge difference is using your bar swap cancels effectively. When I recast evasion/volatile armor a lot of the time you barely even see it and I'm immediately back on my tank/DPS bar and off of my buff bar.

I also find SB to be the most fun. The speed of the attacks combined with the relatively easy animation canceling can make for very satisfying fights. Does anyone have any thoughts on duel wield animation canceling? Heavy attack combos seem to rack up quite a bit of dmg very quickly in my experience. Also I have read, and it seems true in my experience, that the animation when using daggers is quicker than swords, axes or maces. Any thoughts on tht?
    Options
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10 more hours. I finally get my bi-weekly day off.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that's superstition.
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The DK durdle crew is getting ready and excited for BwB!

Edit: if it turns out to be a fun leap squad then I might end up recording some potato quality - might be kind of fun gameplay to watch.
    Edited by Adenoma on March 11, 2017 5:26AM
    Options
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The DK durdle crew is getting ready and excited for BwB!

Edit: if it turns out to be a fun leap squad then I might end up recording some potato quality - might be kind of fun gameplay to watch.

If you're gonna make leap squad potato videos, you need to do this at least once.
    Options
This discussion has been closed.