Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Icereach PC NA (Mulaamnir/Kyne/BWB NA PC - Final)

• Just_call_me_Cola
    Just_call_me_Cola
    ✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    @vamp_emily , that House of Emperors guild already exists. It's the Guild of Night Blader. I'm having trouble thinking of a member in our regular play group that hasn't been emp. I think Mad is the only one.

Yes GONB has only emps and often stacks 24 the only weakness. 4 man groups
    Edited by Just_call_me_Cola on February 9, 2017 9:12PM
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    Silky wrote: »
    PvE players.... in bwb...taking emp....

lul.

Never under estimate a PvE player. One thing I learned about PvE players is they love their achievements. If I give them motivation and reasons to come to PvP, they will come to BwB hurt your feelings, crown Emp and then ask if you would like any tissues.

I honestly don't know why people aren't taking this seriously. The best AP is PvE, so there's the leaderboard handled. The way DC crowns emps is PvE, so there's the crowning handled.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Our emps have zerged so much they've forgotten how to small man.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You two just need to kiss. You're both the least intimidating trash talkers of each faction. It's like Romeo and Juliet. Who's the Capulet and who's the Montague?

I'm only being nice to him because the mods said I need to be good and pet him. No kisses for fluffy. He will only get poked in the eye when he gets too close to me.

Edited by vamp_emily on February 9, 2017 9:20PM

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, I'm not at all scared of a PvE emp. So their siege hits double and that's about it? Okay...
  • Mjollo
    Mjollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You two just need to kiss. You're both the least intimidating trash talkers of each faction. It's like Romeo and Juliet. Who's the Capulet and who's the Montague?

I'm only being nice to him because the mods said I need to be good and pet him. No kisses for fluffy. He will only get poked in the eye when he gets too close to me.

you don't have to be nice to anybody. just civil lol...
    Defialed - Former Emperor of Thornblade|Mjoll The Legend - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade| Definitely Not Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Probably Not Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Mistakenly Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Blackwater Cultist - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade | A Woman With No Name |
    "There are two kinds of people in this world, my friend. Those with loaded guns. And those who dig. You dig."
  • Just_call_me_Cola
    Just_call_me_Cola
    ✭✭✭
    Psst there seige doesn't hit double anymore....Unless you mean walls but who cares about walls
  • DCeiver0
    DCeiver0
    ✭✭✭✭

Thankfully text hides sarcasm pretty well.
    Ärchøn of the Covenant - DC Magblade
    Ärchøn of the Dominion - AD Magblade
    Venom - EP Stamdk
    Sentinel - AD DK
    Sirocco - DC WereOrcSorc
    Wendigo - DC Warden
  • Silky
    Silky
    ✭✭✭

Never under estimate a PvE player. One thing I learned about PvE players is they love their achievements. If I give them motivation and reasons to come to PvP, they will come to BwB hurt your feelings, crown Emp and then ask if you would like any tissues.

Motivate them not to set up siege every 10 yards while fighting a group that is smaller than them :)
    Edited by Silky on February 9, 2017 10:09PM
    The Most Diabolical Hater In Tamriel
    GM of SADBOYS
    Living Dumpster Fire

"If a man does not have the sauce, then he is lost. But the same man can be lost in the sauce."

• Enipfodnuos
    Enipfodnuos
    ✭✭✭

lul.

I honestly don't know why people aren't taking this seriously. The best AP is PvE, so there's the leaderboard handled. The way DC crowns emps is PvE, so there's the crowning handled.

Wait. T u telling me I'm regularly in like 14th place on the rankings because all I do is pvp in the evenings? So if I really wanted emp I would forgo the fun and slog my way through quests while evryones having fun Jesus beaming each other?
  • Just_call_me_Cola
    Just_call_me_Cola
    ✭✭✭

lul.

Wait. T u telling me I'm regularly in like 14th place on the rankings because all I do is pvp in the evenings? So if I really wanted emp I would forgo the fun and slog my way through quests while evryones having fun Jesus beaming each other?

No, flip resources gain AP win the game
    Edited by Just_call_me_Cola on February 9, 2017 10:39PM
  • Enipfodnuos
    Enipfodnuos
    ✭✭✭
    Oh. So basically everythings a glorified haedrus.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't need to do quests. You just need to flip resources. Like your emp, I guess.
  • Just_call_me_Cola
    Just_call_me_Cola
    ✭✭✭

I don't play vet enough to know. I like to think of it as "basically PvE with some unique named bosses" the hardest boss of all.....COLA
  • Silky
    Silky
    ✭✭✭
    Nah, Had resources win the campaign, BwB resources just get you ez ap.
    The Most Diabolical Hater In Tamriel
    GM of SADBOYS
    Living Dumpster Fire

"If a man does not have the sauce, then he is lost. But the same man can be lost in the sauce."

• Enipfodnuos
    Enipfodnuos
    ✭✭✭

I don't play vet enough to know. I like to think of it as "basically PvE with some unique named bosses" the hardest boss of all.....COLA

I have no idea how to respond to tht.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

lul.

In the current patch, in BWB, you would do nothing but flip resources.

That is 100% the most AP per hour you can currently make in BWB. I've made 500k AP per day in BWB a few patches ago, I know the hard limits on making AP in this campaign.

Resource flipping, currently, exceeds any other consistent method of making AP in BWB.

EDIT: And also yes, I'm telling you being regularly 14th on the leaderboards means nothing and is about right for consistent casual play. Very few people in BWB actually understand AP gains--and that's fine, tbh that's how BWB should be.
    Edited by DeadlyRecluse on February 9, 2017 11:21PM
  • Gederic
    Gederic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh whats this, Chal front door is down... Walks inside. Oh [snip] its AD not EP taking it. DK leaps onto particular AD raid lead, causes wipe.

[Edited to remove profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on February 8, 2018 1:54PM
    Ours is the Fury
  • Vurian97
    Vurian97
    ✭✭✭
    It would seem that the Aldmeri Dominion is lacking all of it's regulars the last few days.
    Gederic wrote: »
    Oh whats this, Chal front door is down... Walks inside. Oh [snip] its AD not EP taking it. DK leaps onto particular AD raid lead, causes wipe.

Got annihilated by DC defenders and a few EP on our backs. Was going to try to force DC to either defend or chase us around the circle for their Emperorship, since EP seemed uninterested in stopping it. We ended up failing with our 8...

I've grown frustrated the last few days. The amount of whispers I have received over the fact that I am #1 and "have failed so many Emperor pushes" is expanding. I have yet to even attempt a massive push. We have yet to even come close to a chance for a crowning. Why the beef? Why the harassment? Some of you need to chill.

To those claiming that flipping resources is the best way to gain AP... I am #1 in AP right now for the campaign by playing the map. If an enemy takes 1 of our resources, I flip it back, otherwise, I am on the front lines flipping keeps, outposts, and resources after taking a keep. There is no just flipping random resources to gain AP. Play the map and you get AP, real simple.

[Edited for quote]
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vurian97 wrote: »
    Some of you need to chill.

This is true!

To those claiming that flipping resources is the best way to gain AP... I am #1 in AP right now for the campaign by playing the map. If an enemy takes 1 of our resources, I flip it back, otherwise, I am on the front lines flipping keeps, outposts, and resources after taking a keep. There is no just flipping random resources to gain AP. Play the map and you get AP, real simple.

This is not.

Just because nobody is currently doing it, doesn't mean it isn't the fastest way to make AP. Tested it, etc. etc.--you can easily make 50k an hour JUST flipping resources--and that was with my ad hoc test pattern, you could probably make it signficantly more efficient with a little tweaking. Add in any keeptakes and killing you happen to participate in? Forget about it. I'm not saying that's what you are doing, I KNOW you are playing the map--and I do think it is a great thing that playing the map is now a viable source of AP, but it is very, very far from the fastest.

Previously, 500k a day was really the most you could push in BWB without cheesing (since TG patch, when they increased player AP amounts). That can easily be exceeded now.

Again, don't take this as an accusation or a slight at anyone on the leaderboards, I don't think it's really reared it's ugly head in BWB (except for the first day, but I'm not gonna touch that one).
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have a question. Does PvP cause post war syndrome?

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Vurian97
    Vurian97
    ✭✭✭
    I could see Resource flipping only being the fastest AP gain if you are on a slow / small / weak faction. If your faction is constantly flipping stuff, front-line would out-flip the resource flipper. 1500 x 3 + 6000 at each keep take, as long as you are constantly moving, would outdue someone who is just getting 1500 x3 and then running to the next. (Depending on how long it takes to take the keep, of course)
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would seem that the Aldmeri Dominion is lacking all of it's regulars the last few days.

Valen and I played a little yesterday but not to the degree we normally do, had a lot of irl stuff going on this week and probably wont get a lot of playtime in, in the next few days either. Honestly think most are waiting for a patch to fix the invisible players bug or possibly playing with housing?

Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • Enipfodnuos
    Enipfodnuos
    ✭✭✭
    I have a question. Does PvP cause post war syndrome?

I've actually pondered this myself, and I assume you mean PTSD. sometimes when I'm in a PVE zone I'll forget for a split second when I see an AD or EP and prepare to fight. Gets my heart pumping. Of course I am a little bit off my rocker to begin with, but I assume this is a kind of in game PTSD.
  • DCeiver0
    DCeiver0
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gederic wrote: »

I arrived just moments after that, with just enough time to watch 3 or 4 other DC mow you down. That wipe was pretty brutal though thanks. :)

[Edited for quote]
    Venom - EP Stamdk
    Sentinel - AD DK
    Sirocco - DC WereOrcSorc
    Wendigo - DC Warden
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I could see Resource flipping only being the fastest AP gain if you are on a slow / small / weak faction. If your faction is constantly flipping stuff, front-line would out-flip the resource flipper. 1500 x 3 + 6000 at each keep take, as long as you are constantly moving, would outdue someone who is just getting 1500 x3 and then running to the next. (Depending on how long it takes to take the keep, of course)

That's exactly right--the problem isn't just resource flipping in a vaccuum (though believe me when I say that's bad enough, and I'm confident a motivated individual could easily stay in #1 in BWB without playing the map or PvPing at all).

You are running a group playing the map. You move on Ash--I am just scumbag resource farming, but I see ash flag--you haven't taken the resources yet, because you don't want to give away your move--or maybe you took one to siege from after you were spotted. I mosey over, and get that 6k tick plus the resources.

Then I go to Glade, flip those resources while you are moving on Aleswell. I get the glade resource ticks x3 and head over to get everything at your seige there, too--and in BWB, the O-ticks generated by players just don't add up to as much as you are getting on the simple flip, so I'm not missing a lot of killing AP.

Or conversely, you are running a group playing the map--you have to defend Alessia from the filthy reds. Great! Ten minute defense, routine stuff--but because the AP change doesn't apply to D ticks, you only get a 3k tick, say. In that time, I've flipped 6 resources on DC side, not trying to defend them or anything.

Or all three factions are pretty deadlocked, it's hard to take keeps but you, as a group lead playing the map, are trying. Lots of failed pushes, lots of successful defenses (as is the case when everything is pretty even, as you know).

I just go flip resources all night and make a consistent 50k AP per hour. Easily. Not by playing the map, not by taking resources that make sense, not by taking resources and flagging keeps to cut transit. Just by killing the same 7-8 NPCs at each flag--and since the reward is the same regardless of group size, I don't even need to be able to solo them--heck I can bring a raid of PvErs in with me (they want vigor anyway, right?).

There are other ways, both legit and what I would consider to be exploitative, that could increase that further.

Making playing the map give AP is great--it's phenomenal. And I say that as someone who often does not play the map. Lots of suggestions have been made that would make it just as beneficial to play the map (in terms of AP gain) while neutering resource cheese:
    1. diminishing returns on consecutive resource caps
    2. Resources (and keeps) only giving the new, larger ticks if at least one enemy player is killed on it
    3. Reducing resource AP reward to 500 or so, keeping keep O ticks at 6k (after all, playing the map is ultimately about keeps, not resources, and it's significantly more difficult to "farm" keeps like you can resources, though not impossible.

But as they stand? I tested this the day this patch hit (and again, don't take this as an attack): making 50k per hour is EASY this way. You are in first after what, 2 days of campaign at 700k? That's pretty good! Nobody should be able to match that rate just by grinding resources for 6 hours a day. And they could.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vyle_Byte wrote: »

Valen and I played a little yesterday but not to the degree we normally do, had a lot of irl stuff going on this week and probably wont get a lot of playtime in, in the next few days either. Honestly think most are waiting for a patch to fix the invisible players bug or possibly playing with housing?

I'm sitting out PvP this campaign, due to the invisible players.

I dealt with it for a few days, then realized how crazy it was to deal with such an incredibly stupid bug while there was lots of other things to do, in this game and others.
  • DCeiver0
    DCeiver0
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been popping in here and there, but mostly gear farming for build ideas.
    Venom - EP Stamdk
    Sentinel - AD DK
    Sirocco - DC WereOrcSorc
    Wendigo - DC Warden
  • Vurian97
    Vurian97
    ✭✭✭
    I only experienced the invisible player issue en mass on the first day. Since then, it hasn't been bad.
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stridig wrote: »
    Stridig wrote: »
    These online video games are definitely an odd environment.

Online gaming is ruining BWB.

Work is ruining BwB for me.

So much this
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
This discussion has been closed.