The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Stop Buffing Things. Start Nerfing More Things

• Bromburak
    Bromburak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again, you are basically moving into modern war with gear and outdated experience from last century and complain.

Every player needs experience with "new" things over and over again, in other words it's a learning process but most of you guys are lazy and have no patience and prefer to stuck with your outdated habits.

Don't even try to imply that all of this has nothing todo with player skill, the problem is that you are not ready to adapt new changes and accept the present situation to deal with it in duels.

Players are lazy and think they can stick with old habits, of course they feel duels are harder.
    It's like sports, it's training over and over again, nothing wrong with that.
    Edited by Bromburak on August 3, 2016 9:48AM
  • Yoyuyi999
    Yoyuyi999
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bromburak wrote: »
    Again, you are basically moving into modern war with gear and outdated experience from last century and complain.

Every player needs experience with "new" things over and over again, in other words it's a learning process but most of you guys are lazy and have no patience and prefer to stuck with your outdated habits.

This has lot more todo with player skill than you actually think.

What? No, lmfao. I'm able to 1vX. I'm one of the top duelists on PC NA as well. I doubt there are very few who can beat me on this platform. That's not the *** point, your basically telling us to get rid of our "old habits" so we can learn this "new" meta. Please indulge me, what should I be doing so I can go back to outplaying players and actually beating them instead of fights lasting forever. Please, I'm all ears. Unless your suggesting to me that long, neverending fights are how it should be. Because as of right now, NOBODY has figured out a way to make this game skillful again. There is no skill to the game anymore. It's all stats, you're not providing any evidence or support to your claim by saying my statement of saying its mostly all stats is false. You're just telling us to L2P. A majority of good players can thoroughly agree this game is starting to become incredibly stale due to the game buffing everything and making it incredibly boring.

EDIT: Also, another reason why I made this post in the first place is not because I'm having trouble killing people. It's because most people I'm *** killing are due to me having an incredible amount of stats. I didn't make this post because I'm salty I lost a duel or something. I'm making this post because I'm not dense and can see when I myself am OP because of a specific reason or somethin else. And I realize a lot of this is coming from these insane stats you're now able to achieve.
    Edited by Yoyuyi999 on August 3, 2016 9:52AM
    Characters:

Magicka Dragonknight, Yoyuyi
    Stamina Dragonknight, -Jombo
    Magicka Templar, -Dombo
    Magicka Sorceror, -Mombo
    Magicka Nightblade, -Wombo
    Magicka Dragonknight, -Combo

~~~

Youtube
    Twitch

~~~

Former GM of Mighty

~~~

http://imgur.com/a/RWZZ7
  • Bromburak
    Bromburak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yoyuyi999 wrote: »

What? No, lmfao. I'm able to 1vX. I'm one of the top duelists on PC NA as well.

Here we go again, a player overrating him self because he kills casuals and noobs.
    You have just outed yourself because the best players all know that they cannot 1vX decent players.

You need to learn much more, big mouth.

Good luck and have fun with training.
    Edited by Bromburak on August 3, 2016 10:04AM
  • Yoyuyi999
    Yoyuyi999
    ✭✭✭✭

Here we go again, a player overrating him self because he kills casuals and noobs.
    You have just outed yourself because the best players all know that they cannot 1vX decent players.

That's not the point. I'm assuming that you're assuming that I am a *** player. I am mentioning these things because I think that you're saying I'm *** and I'm trying to discredit that. Stop using my own upbringing as an excuse to completely derail the conversation so you can avoid providing actual evidence to your own claims.

And it is VERY *** possible to 1vX "decent" players. To say that isn't possible is absurb. Have you seen Kodi? I've seen him 1vX even the most notorious of players that most people would consider "good."

But hey, if you still believe that is it not possible to 1vX these players then I think YOU are the one who definitely needs to learn much more. And Big mouth? You're the one running into my thread with absurd claims with no real evidence to back it up, I came with actual arguments and you pussed out. I can see why you wouldn't want to discuss this though, its hard to pull things out of your ass sometimes.
    Edited by Yoyuyi999 on August 3, 2016 10:05AM
    Characters:

Magicka Templar, -Dombo
    Magicka Sorceror, -Mombo

~~~

Youtube
    Twitch

~~~

Former GM of Mighty

~~~

• Bromburak
    Bromburak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You were the one who claimed "Fights are becoming less skill based and more about your spec, stats, class, race, etc."
    And I have explained why I think you are not right.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3230187/#Comment_3230187

You simply ignored it, because you don't like other opinions. Not my problem. Deal with it.
    You're the one running into my thread with absurd claims with no real evidence to back it up, I came with actual arguments and you pussed out. I can see why you wouldn't want to discuss this though, its hard to pull things out of your ass sometimes.

You are obviously not able to accept other arguments and answers if they don't match your personal opinion. If you have a problem with that don't start public discussions, end of story.

Edited by Bromburak on August 3, 2016 10:25AM
  • Yoyuyi999
    Yoyuyi999
    ✭✭✭✭
    You're the one running into my thread with absurd claims with no real evidence to back it up, I came with actual arguments and you pussed out. I can see why you wouldn't want to discuss this though, its hard to pull things out of your ass sometimes.

You are the one with claims and obviously you are not able to accept other arguments and answers if they don't match your personal opinion. If you have a problem with that don't start public discussions, end of story.

No, I am fully able to accept other arguments. But the difference is, you have not provided evidence or anything to help support your claims. You came in here saying what I said was not true. I argued back with my thoughts and my evidence/arguments to help support my claims. Each and every time you have responded you have either derailed the conversation, avoided arguing about the thing we were discussing, OR you have just argued back with no support of evidence with it. So I ask for the last time, please give me some solid arguments before I even come to think as to why I should consider your claims. I for one have typed paragraphs of this and am ready to keep going.
    Characters:

Magicka Templar, -Dombo
    Magicka Sorceror, -Mombo

~~~

Youtube
    Twitch

~~~

Former GM of Mighty

~~~

• KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You are embarrassing yourself.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC original dueling and general PvP community guild
    Now the hub of competitive dueling and the joined PvP communities of NA and EU/PC

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Yoyuyi999
    Yoyuyi999
    ✭✭✭✭
    You were the one who claimed "Fights are becoming less skill based and more about your spec, stats, class, race, etc."
    And I have explained why I think you are not right.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3230187/#Comment_3230187

You simply ignored it, because you don't like other opinions. Not my problem. Deal with it.

Just saw you edited your reply. Please read back on my message, I didn't ignore your claims at all. Literally read the first part of my edit "Another thing, what makes you believe this is not true?" That is me LITERALLY acknowledging your claims. And that's just the first part of it lmfao.
    Characters:

Magicka Templar, -Dombo
    Magicka Sorceror, -Mombo

~~~

Youtube
    Twitch

~~~

Former GM of Mighty

~~~

• Yoyuyi999
    Yoyuyi999
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another thing, the guy above keeps editing his comments and adding little remarks to make me look like I have no clue what I'm talking about. And when he insulted me he added a "Good luck with training" to soften the blow (?) i guess lol. Like if you're going to edit your comments then indicate it at least, wuss. Stop adding little things after you edit, it doesn't show the original thing you said and what I had responded too.
    Characters:

Magicka Templar, -Dombo
    Magicka Sorceror, -Mombo

~~~

Youtube
    Twitch

~~~

Former GM of Mighty

~~~

• Bromburak
    Bromburak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KenaPKK wrote: »

You are embarrassing yourself.

I am glad that Yoyuyi found a conversational partner in you matching his level of arguments. :)
    Edited by Bromburak on August 3, 2016 11:20AM
  • KisoValley
    KisoValley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This Bromburak guy is either a zergling, Xv1er or never pvps and is just trolling.

If 2 hour duels (which legendary mage & dusk had on pc eu only a few weeks ago) is how the game should be, I'm not sure what to say.
  • Bromburak
    Bromburak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KisoValley wrote: »

If 2 hour duels (which legendary mage & dusk had on pc eu only a few weeks ago) is how the game should be, I'm not sure what to say.

If you need 2 hours to find out that this fight obviously is a tie, I'm not sure how much more time you actually need to move along.Did you actually analyze the fights that you obviously can't explain or do you just make assumptions of what happened?

Several players did trade DPS peaks for more sustain in their builds since DB, guess what happens, their DPS and burst goes down statistically but they don't get killed that fast as before. There is nothing wrong with finding the right balance of DPS and sustain for yourself and if your build adjustments result in a tie vs. decent players it's nothing bad it just shows that adapting some changes obviously helped to keep you in game.

The problem is that DPS junkies don't care they want to 2 shot people and expect superman hybrid builds without any tradeoffs. Bad ESO habits, deal with it.
    Edited by Bromburak on August 3, 2016 2:36PM
  • Skitttles
    Skitttles
    ✭✭✭✭
    Let's all just move to different game.
    Skittles | DC Stem Sok and sumtimes Nertbled
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I normally don't see eye to eye with Yoyui and most of his friends, but there is absolutely no question about it, he is one of the top players on PC NA, been humbled by that guy a few times lol.
    Edited by Ghost-Shot on August 3, 2016 2:11PM
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    no.. nerfes are boring.. buffs are fun.
    Buffs means game progression. its fun..

-1 your post

Because it's fun... What a compelling argument

rip decibel
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This Bromburak guy is either a zergling, Xv1er or never pvps and is just trolling.

The reason why we had 2 hour long duels is because some players are playing cheesy setups that they ironically condemn other people for using, and even banning in tournaments.

In this particular case it was a stamina dk that's already stronger than a mag sorc, and on top of it he was using poisons and broken pre-patch malubeth with vitality potions. Next time you want to judge someone else's skill or performance in pvp Kiso, I suggest you inform yourself what's really going on, otherwise it just makes you look incredibly ridiculous, no offense.

Edit; this particular player also got banned recently from what I heard, so that questions his credibility too. But you're right when you say that the game is not balanced at the moment, it's not even closely balanced actually.
    Edited by LegendaryMage on August 3, 2016 7:00PM
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Confirming Yoyuyi is one of the top players PC NA without question.

Now I want us all to take a step back from our egos for a moment. When I was at the top of my game it was 1.6 and Sorc was OP as balls. Do I still perform well, am I still competitive? Yes. Can I take out 6 players without breaking a sweat anymore?

Absolutely not.

When Yoyuyi was at the top of his game there was no Hardy star as we know it now, and dragon leap was the only Ult that scaled with Mighty. We all rode the gravy train at one point or another.

We are NOT as good as we think we are, and skill NEVER mattered as much as we think it did.

Is skill a thing? Absolutely. Do I want it to be worth more than it currently is? Absolutely, but I will say this. There are only so many combos and so many options in a game with 10 skill slots, 1 potion slot, 2 ults, and a hard cap of 60 APM due to global cooldowns.

There is a hard cap on skill. It will only take you so far simply because of game mechanics that have ALWAYS been there.
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xeven wrote: »

Now I want us all to take a step back from our egos for a moment. When I was at the top of my game it was 1.6 and Sorc was OP as balls. Do I still perform well, am I still competitive? Yes. Can I take out 6 players without breaking a sweat anymore?

Absolutely not.

When Yoyuyi was at the top of his game there was no Hardy star as we know it now, and dragon leap was the only Ult that scaled with Mighty. We all rode the gravy train at one point or another.

We are NOT as good as we think we are, and skill NEVER mattered as much as we think it did.

Is skill a thing? Absolutely. Do I want it to be worth more than it currently is? Absolutely, but I will say this. There are only so many combos and so many options in a game with 10 skill slots, 1 potion slot, 2 ults, and a hard cap of 60 APM due to global cooldowns.

There is a hard cap on skill. It will only take you so far simply because of game mechanics that have ALWAYS been there.

WTB CU beta.
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you guys just need to start playing in Azuras more. I have played in Azuras so much lately that today I hopped in Trueflame for about 10 minutes, ran into a stamplar, got him down to about 15% while he never bothered to heal or avoid any damage I did to him, then when he realized he was almost dead he rolled probably 5 to 7 times in a row while popping heals in between his rolls, then turned around and basically one shotted me. He made so many mistakes and didn't even get punished at all by them. That type of thing would never happen in Azuras. Maybe I am just bad with cp, but I feel like that type of play where you can make so many mistakes and not even get punished for it because you run a 40k stam build and enough damage to kill someone in two to three global cooldowns should not exist.
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just remove the terrible champion system and reinstate softcaps so you don't have to nerf exiting things like gear and skills.

The controls got to go somewhere. Why nerf the fun and unique stuff? Why nerf a helmet that gives you 30% healing when you can nerf the crapeon system that gives you 25% Healing given and 20% healing taken without any of the challenge of gearing and with very little sacrifice?

STOP NERFING GEAR.

And start nerfing the thing that broke PvP and slowly unbalanced the game. I would say bring back softcaps but..

WE STILL HAVE SOFTCAPS!!!

People just don't realize it. What did soft-caps do? They halved the effect of your stat after you hit a certain level. What does battle spirit do? It halves all your damage, heals and shields. Battle Spirit is a softcap. Softcaps never left, they just changed from several small caps on input to one huge cap on output. You don't have to be a math major to realize that you have much less control of something when you modify it as an output value than when you modify the individual input values.

Capping output means that certain skills will forever be garbage and other skills will be FOTM because they can be buffed high enough to do serious damage even with the cap. That makes only a few things that are strong, the outliers get nerfed until something else replaced it as FOTM. The cycle continues.

There is only one solution. We kill the champion system. Just for PvP. Let the carebears have their meaningless vertical progression treadmill.
    Edited by Yolokin_Swagonborn on August 4, 2016 2:05AM
  • MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like the softcaps reinstated, turn off Champion System in PvP, or replace it with a proper talent system (one with actual choices)

Talent Examples:
    Pick only 1:
    • higher flat damage
    • higher Crit chance
    • Higher crit damage
    Pick only 1:
    • Reduce mag/stam cost
    • More mag/stam recovery
    • Secondary resource pool doubled but no longer boosts that type of damage/healing (good for purely mechanical things, like a Stam Sorc's streak, or magicka build dodge-rolling)
    Pick only 1:
    • Higher healing recieved
    • Reduce damage taken
    • Larger health pool

Why is this so difficult, ZOS? Give something, take something in return.
    Give up X to get more Y, tightly controlled, Not: get both X and Y by some convoluted gear set/skill combination.
    Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
  • Yoyuyi999
    Yoyuyi999
    ✭✭✭✭

The reason why we had 2 hour long duels is because some players are playing cheesy setups that they ironically condemn other people for using, and even banning in tournaments.

In this particular case it was a stamina dk that's already stronger than a mag sorc, and on top of it he was using poisons and broken pre-patch malubeth with vitality potions. Next time you want to judge someone else's skill or performance in pvp Kiso, I suggest you inform yourself what's really going on, otherwise it just makes you look incredibly ridiculous, no offense.

Edit; this particular player also got banned recently from what I heard, so that questions his credibility too. But you're right when you say that the game is not balanced at the moment, it's not even closely balanced actually.

Its still in the game though. And its clear stuff like this needs to be nerfed. Like its stupid how we have sets like ShieldBreaker to try and fix the problems of the game, which actually ends up making it worse in the other direction.

Also, about the ban thing. I have heard of quite a few people being banned in waves despite being completely innocent
    Characters:

Magicka Templar, -Dombo
    Magicka Sorceror, -Mombo

~~~

Youtube
    Twitch

~~~

Former GM of Mighty

~~~

• Yoyuyi999
    Yoyuyi999
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think you guys just need to start playing in Azuras more. I have played in Azuras so much lately that today I hopped in Trueflame for about 10 minutes, ran into a stamplar, got him down to about 15% while he never bothered to heal or avoid any damage I did to him, then when he realized he was almost dead he rolled probably 5 to 7 times in a row while popping heals in between his rolls, then turned around and basically one shotted me. He made so many mistakes and didn't even get punished at all by them. That type of thing would never happen in Azuras. Maybe I am just bad with cp, but I feel like that type of play where you can make so many mistakes and not even get punished for it because you run a 40k stam build and enough damage to kill someone in two to three global cooldowns should not exist.

Azuras is nice but there are still plenty of problems with it. One of the main problems being nobody goes and plays azuras lol. Dont get me wrong, i play azuras a lot more than the average player but im also tryna find ways to fix the main game, ya feel?
    Characters:

Magicka Templar, -Dombo
    Magicka Sorceror, -Mombo

~~~

Youtube
    Twitch

~~~

Former GM of Mighty

~~~

• Yoyuyi999
    Yoyuyi999
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xeven wrote: »

Absolutely not.

Nailed it. Xevenex just have my babies already
    Characters:

Magicka Templar, -Dombo
    Magicka Sorceror, -Mombo

~~~

Youtube
    Twitch

~~~

Former GM of Mighty

~~~

• KisoValley
    KisoValley
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@LegendaryMage Yoyuyi replied perfectly. We need nerfs to balance at this point because it's already ridiculous buffs just won't help.

As for Dusk being banned along with quite a few others not sure how that questions his credibility when so many got banned AS WELL as it being confirmed he got banned because of a mass report from a guild which hit the auto ban system. I'm sure we can all work out which guild it was that reported.

If Dusk decides to appeal like you did, he'll most likely get unbanned because it was from the auto system, however if I was him & the others I wouldn't bother appealing based on how this game is atm and the direction it's heading and I'm not surprised he and the others haven't bothered appealing. All that have appealed were unbanned funnily enough.
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@LegendaryMage Yoyuyi replied perfectly. We need nerfs to balance at this point because it's already ridiculous buffs just won't help.

As for Dusk being banned along with quite a few others not sure how that questions his credibility when so many got banned AS WELL as it being confirmed he got banned because of a mass report from a guild which hit the auto ban system. I'm sure we can all work out which guild it was that reported.

If Dusk decides to appeal like you did, he'll most likely get unbanned because it was from the auto system, however if I was him & the others I wouldn't bother appealing based on how this game is atm and the direction it's heading and I'm not surprised he and the others haven't bothered appealing. All that have appealed were unbanned funnily enough.

What? Appeal like I did? I never got banned in ESO man, wtf are you talking about. The guy got banned because he was doing something wrong, not because he got 5-6 reports on him and then some system auto banned him, I had whole guilds report me many times by now and what happened? Nothing, I'm still here and I'm not going anywhere. Why? Because I don't play with questionable crutches and then brag to everyone how OP I am. ;)

And, I suppose that guild is supposed to be my guild that allegedly mass-reported him? :) That's a cool story bro, but please, let's keep this thread on track and not talk about exploiters/cheaters anymore, we all got better things to do.

But anyway, magicka builds need to be buffed up a bit and Zenimax should probably start by giving light armor some more sustain options so that other sets become viable again. After that, we have class balance and abilities and what not.
    Edited by LegendaryMage on August 4, 2016 3:23PM
  • KisoValley
    KisoValley
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What? Appeal like I did? I never got banned in ESO man, wtf are you talking about. The guy got banned because he was doing something wrong, not because he got 5-6 reports on him and then some system auto banned him, I had whole guilds report me many times by now and what happened? Nothing, I'm still here and I'm not going anywhere. Why? Because I don't play with questionable crutches and then brag to everyone how OP I am. ;)

And, I suppose that guild is supposed to be my guild that allegedly mass-reported him? :) That's a cool story bro, but please, let's keep this thread on track and not talk about exploiters/cheaters anymore, we all got better things to do.

But anyway, magicka builds need to be buffed up a bit and Zenimax should probably start by giving light armor some more sustain options so that other sets become viable again. After that, we have class balance and abilities and what not.

Your girlfriend kind of let slip you got banned. So did your so called friends & Collo members when we didn't believe her. You should keep an eye on who she is whispering.

You brought up him exploiting btw, not me, I just mentioned your 2 hour duel being unhealthy for the game whether malu and poisons are involved or not. You're right though, lets stay on topic. I'll ignore any replies you have about you and Dusk (I know you like to get the last word).

As for buffs/nerfs I still think stamina needs a nerf rather than buffing magicka. Stamina builds are stupidly strong at the moment and if ZOS makes magicka just as strong 2 hour duels will become the norm. Duels are already boring and lack skill already, and small scale pvp as well as large scale will be even more ridiculous then they already are if magicka builds can do similar to what stamina builds can do atm.
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Azuras is nice but there are still plenty of problems with it. One of the main problems being nobody goes and plays azuras lol. Dont get me wrong, i play azuras a lot more than the average player but im also tryna find ways to fix the main game, ya feel?

Since the start of the new campaign (I think it started 8 days ago), there has been action in Azura's all day long. I play in the morning and can easily find fights and then later in the day and primetime the campaign is booming. Just last night there was a ton going on with only one EP emp keep left and DC and AD both pushing pretty hard. I am not too sure about other faction's zone chats, but in EP the zone chat is constantly active with people calling out enemy movements and strategies and what not. During primetime there always seems to be 3+ keeps flagged constantly and there also tends to be a lot of scroll action.
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your girlfriend kind of let slip you got banned. So did your so called friends & Collo members when we didn't believe her. You should keep an eye on who she is whispering.

You brought up him exploiting btw, not me, I just mentioned your 2 hour duel being unhealthy for the game whether malu and poisons are involved or not. You're right though, lets stay on topic. I'll ignore any replies you have about you and Dusk (I know you like to get the last word).

As for buffs/nerfs I still think stamina needs a nerf rather than buffing magicka. Stamina builds are stupidly strong at the moment and if ZOS makes magicka just as strong 2 hour duels will become the norm. Duels are already boring and lack skill already, and small scale pvp as well as large scale will be even more ridiculous then they already are if magicka builds can do similar to what stamina builds can do atm.

Her reply to you;

KISO.jpg
    Edited by LegendaryMage on August 4, 2016 4:49PM
  • RandalMarrs
    RandalMarrs
    ✭✭✭
    If you don't like cp, then play in Azuras. I agree that cp unbalances the PvP portion of this game. If people choose not to play Azuras though, what does that tell you?