The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Stop Buffing Things. Start Nerfing More Things

• Yoyuyi999
    Yoyuyi999
    ✭✭✭✭
    KenaPKK wrote: »
    Zheg wrote: »
    Yoyuyi999 wrote: »
    Fasalla is the next item on the list that needs a HUGE nerf for the sake of Pvp balance AND pvp performance. Prolly gonna need 30 maybe 40 threads for that one...

Only after they nerf healing.

They dont need to do that. What they could do is nerf sustain, which would cause less healing overtime in the span of a fight. If I go full defensive its resource intensive on a magicka build. However, on a stamina build I can recover easily due to how little sustain it costs to recover and heal.

All I heard was "Major Mending + CP makes Vigor heal too much." lol

CP overinflates stats across the board. Hots tick for over 2k without Major Mending, Honor the Dead heals for 20k+, people are one shotting each other, people are tanking small zergs (albeit mostly with broken sets, not CP), no one ever runs out of resources...ugh. I'm so tired of it all.

OK. Let's really try and not exaggerate. Most of us are in agreement on a lot of the broken things, but a very very strong HtD on someone with all CP in healing will crit around 15k-ish with major mending on. Even a major vitality potion wouldn't bring you that high, you'd need both that and malubeth proc.

If you don't know the numbers, just say "high" or "hits hard". There's enough misinformation on these forums as it is, we don't need to exaggerate on top of that.

Lyric's record when I was hanging out on K-Hole TS as of a couple months back was 22k, Michael hit a 24k yesterday. They're above the norm, but they're doable. I wouldn't make up a number like that, so please don't imply that I am.

I'm actually going to defend Kena on this. I've definitely hit a 20k+ BoL in PvP lol. Which is an absurd number, I agree.

I wonder what my PvE heal setup could do... xD

Just have to take the mending passive into account, honestly. The numbers are going to be high the less HP the person you hit has.

Yes, but your spec'd for healer, no?
    Characters:

Magicka Dragonknight, Yoyuyi
    Stamina Dragonknight, -Jombo
    Magicka Templar, -Dombo
    Magicka Sorceror, -Mombo
    Magicka Nightblade, -Wombo
    Magicka Dragonknight, -Combo

~~~

Youtube
    Twitch

~~~

Former GM of Mighty

~~~

http://imgur.com/a/RWZZ7
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of you magplars getting 20k BoLs also have to remember healing from low HP = phat heals because of certain templar passives. It might not be a healing issue it could as well be a class balance issue lol
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

• Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    +1million agree. The game needs serious reworking.

rip decibel
  • Essiaga
    Essiaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fasalla is the next item on the list that needs a HUGE nerf for the sake of Pvp balance AND pvp performance. Prolly gonna need 30 maybe 40 threads for that one...

They dont need to do that. What they could do is nerf sustain, which would cause less healing overtime in the span of a fight. If I go full defensive its resource intensive on a magicka build. However, on a stamina build I can recover easily due to how little sustain it costs to recover and heal.

I wish they scaled healing off something other then damage. then gave templar back some of the mitigation they stole from it. I hate this dps templar we got today.
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

CP overinflates stats across the board. Hots tick for over 2k without Major Mending, Honor the Dead heals for 20k+, people are one shotting each other, people are tanking small zergs (albeit mostly with broken sets, not CP), no one ever runs out of resources...ugh. I'm so tired of it all.

OK. Let's really try and not exaggerate. Most of us are in agreement on a lot of the broken things, but a very very strong HtD on someone with all CP in healing will crit around 15k-ish with major mending on. Even a major vitality potion wouldn't bring you that high, you'd need both that and malubeth proc.

If you don't know the numbers, just say "high" or "hits hard". There's enough misinformation on these forums as it is, we don't need to exaggerate on top of that.

Lyric's record when I was hanging out on K-Hole TS as of a couple months back was 22k, Michael hit a 24k yesterday. They're above the norm, but they're doable. I wouldn't make up a number like that, so please don't imply that I am.

I've hit 19.5k crit BOL before. I believe that was the highest I've ever hit. 15k is no where near max.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP logic once again: Tanking more than 1 player longer than 5 seconds is considered broken/OP and those itemsets used by tanking must be nerfed/removed, but 2-3 shooting someone is completely legit.
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ressource management due to softcaps was the most important layer of skill this game had. ESO wasn`t skill based anymore since the removal of said softcaps.

However, even if we had softcaps in place now - healing would be miles ahead of anything else due to mending/vitality stacking which is not affected by softcaps in its old form. Which would, again, force people to run burst builds because of how strong and efficient healing over time gets with those two buffs.

As long as mending/vitality is as easily accessible and stackable on certain classes sets like fasalla are the only viable choice to not run burst builds and focus more on tactical gameplay.

If you remove fasalla you have to merge major mending/vitality to one single buff which would increase healing done by the same amount major defile would decrease healing.
    Edited by Mojomonkeyman on July 30, 2016 7:23AM
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • Olyboi
    Olyboi
    Unless they limit the game to 7 pieces of armour, a set of weapons, the same race and the same skills there will always be some things that have a small edge overall some of the time.

Join or die!

Love my Malubeth.

But yeah seriously nerf the amount of greenery in the game because I am colourblind!
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I'm actually going to defend Kena on this. I've definitely hit a 20k+ BoL in PvP lol. Which is an absurd number, I agree.

Just have to take the mending passive into account, honestly. The numbers are going to be high the less HP the person you hit has.

Nah not the build I roam around in 90% of the time when I don't have raid.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    /signed

bring softcaps or destroy the champion system or destroy our stats to a ridiculous patch

AND THEN AFTER THAT BUFF MDK BECAUSE IT WOULD BE HORRIBLE WITH THESE NERFS ON TOP OF IT xD
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    PvP logic once again: Tanking more than 1 player longer than 5 seconds is considered broken/OP and those itemsets used by tanking must be nerfed/removed, but 2-3 shooting someone is completely legit.

no, if you can see now the most people are tankly, sustain with still good burst, some patches ago you have needed tank build to do this and you havent with it so high burst
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wtb 1.6 with 351 cp cap.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nerfing unchained would be a good start in my opinion. Who in the right mind thought it was a good idea to give 80% reduce stamina cost after cc breaking...
    PS4 NA DC
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Wtb 1.6 with 351 cp cap.

yes plz
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wtb 1.6 with 351 cp cap.

No battle spirit, right?
    What about stam regen while blocking?
    Edited by Ishammael on July 30, 2016 2:43PM
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ishammael wrote: »
    Wtb 1.6 with 351 cp cap.

No battle spirit, right?

Everything from back then.

Actually the only thing i would change would be to lower the potency of cost reduction jewelry to match all other jewelry enchants back then (it was 64 spelldmg for example).
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Yoyuyi999
    Yoyuyi999
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think removing CP would do a lot to help this game go in the right direction, but I don't think adding softcaps is a realistic option anymore knowing ZoS
    Characters:

Magicka Templar, -Dombo
    Magicka Sorceror, -Mombo

~~~

Youtube
    Twitch

~~~

Former GM of Mighty

~~~

• OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    no.. nerfes are boring.. buffs are fun.
    Buffs means game progression. its fun..

-1 your post
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • KisoValley
    KisoValley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They'll never take away CP because of PVE.
  • Yoyuyi999
    Yoyuyi999
    ✭✭✭✭

-1 your post

You're wrong lmao. Look what happened to the game now that they essentially buffed everything. It's stale, no skill and incredibly boring. -1 to your comment.
    Characters:

Magicka Templar, -Dombo
    Magicka Sorceror, -Mombo

~~~

Youtube
    Twitch

~~~

Former GM of Mighty

~~~

• OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

-1 your post

You're wrong lmao. Look what happened to the game now that they essentially buffed everything. It's stale, no skill and incredibly boring. -1 to your comment.

XD
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ressource management due to softcaps was the most important layer of skill this game had. ESO wasn`t skill based anymore since the removal of said softcaps.

However, even if we had softcaps in place now - healing would be miles ahead of anything else due to mending/vitality stacking which is not affected by softcaps in its old form. Which would, again, force people to run burst builds because of how strong and efficient healing over time gets with those two buffs.

As long as mending/vitality is as easily accessible and stackable on certain classes sets like fasalla are the only viable choice to not run burst builds and focus more on tactical gameplay.

If you remove fasalla you have to merge major mending/vitality to one single buff which would increase healing done by the same amount major defile would decrease healing.

IMO healing outpaced damage more back then than it does now. Templar and resto staff passives have been nerfed into the ground if you compare them to what they were before. Players also had a lot more health back then relatively.
  • Yoyuyi999
    Yoyuyi999
    ✭✭✭✭
    The major problem to everything is sustain. We're able to sustain with such low regen so in turn we can also get more survivability w/ heals and get more damage. Just nerf sustain somehow ples
    Characters:

Magicka Templar, -Dombo
    Magicka Sorceror, -Mombo

~~~

Youtube
    Twitch

~~~

Former GM of Mighty

~~~

• Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wtb 1.6 with 351 cp cap.

No battle spirit, right?

Actually the only thing i would change would be to lower the potency of cost reduction jewelry to match all other jewelry enchants back then (it was 64 spelldmg for example).
    Wtb 1.6 with 351 cp cap.

No battle spirit, right?

I'm sold.
  • Yoyuyi999
    Yoyuyi999
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wtb 1.6 with 351 cp cap.

No battle spirit, right?

Wtb 1.6 with 351 cp cap.

No battle spirit, right?

I'm sold.

Ya I also think the buff to jewelry glyphs were also too much. I feel like they should at least give regular amount of stats that armor sets do n stuff
    Characters:

Magicka Templar, -Dombo
    Magicka Sorceror, -Mombo

~~~

Youtube
    Twitch

~~~

Former GM of Mighty

~~~

• KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wtb 1.6 with 351 cp cap.

No battle spirit, right?

Wtb 1.6 with 351 cp cap.

No battle spirit, right?

I'm sold.

Ya I also think the buff to jewelry glyphs were also too much. I feel like they should at least give regular amount of stats that armor sets do n stuff

The comparison is arbitrary.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC original dueling and general PvP community guild
    Now the hub of competitive dueling and the joined PvP communities of NA and EU/PC

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Yoyuyi999
    Yoyuyi999
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wtb 1.6 with 351 cp cap.

No battle spirit, right?

Wtb 1.6 with 351 cp cap.

No battle spirit, right?

I'm sold.

The comparison is arbitrary.

What?
    Characters:

Magicka Templar, -Dombo
    Magicka Sorceror, -Mombo

~~~

Youtube
    Twitch

~~~

Former GM of Mighty

~~~

• Bromburak
    Bromburak
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Its why dueling is becoming less and less popular. Fights are becoming less skill based and more about your spec, stats, class, race, etc.

I am certain that I kill you with any race and class and if I don't someone else will ...

And the reason for this is that adapting changes to encounter opponents or whatever is part of player skill.
    The problem is that most players copy templates/builds whatever and think they match or suitable for their own play style.

The reality is that most of them can't handle it and they are not flexible either to adapt breaking changes in combat because they expect things should match their old habits ...

Such players are basically moving into modern war with gear and outdated experience from last century ...
    Every player needs experience with "new" things over and over again, in other words we all need to learn but instead most players have no patience and stuck with their outdated habits.

It has lot more todo with player skill than you actually think.
    Edited by Bromburak on August 3, 2016 9:40AM
  • Hashtag_
    Hashtag_
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I know DPS spec'd templars hitting on the regular 15k+ BoL's. Those same templars are running heavy armor builds too with hella damage while using purple food. When their magicka gets low they just switch to SnB bar and block to get magicka back while getting stamina returned through heavy passives.
    Edited by Hashtag_ on August 3, 2016 9:51AM
  • Yoyuyi999
    Yoyuyi999
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bromburak wrote: »

Its why dueling is becoming less and less popular. Fights are becoming less skill based and more about your spec, stats, class, race, etc.

Simply not true and I am certain that I kill you with any race and class and if I don't someone else will ...

And the reason is that adapting changes to encounter opponents or whatever is part of player skill.
    The problem is that you guys copy templates and think the suitable for your play style.

But reality is that many players can't handle it or they are still playing "outdated" because of bad habits.
    The problem is that you are not flexible enough to adapt breaking changes in combat because you expect things matching your old habits ...

I am totally down to duel you or anyone else you throw at me. It is true and a lot of top tier players know it. I don't run out of stamina anymore, especially with my race, class and spec. I still have an immense amount of damage at my disposable as well. I don't copy templates either, I make my own builds lmao. I don't lose 1v1s anymore. And if I do it's against other top tier players. I'm not making this post because I lost too many fights and I was salty, it's because people are realizing this game is so stale and not fun due to the lack of skill it requires. I'm not the only one who thinks this.

EDIT: Another thing, what makes you believe this is not true? Have you seen two top tier players duel? It simply does not end, and if it does its due to a mistake and not something like an outplay. NOBODY... Actually, I mean no GOOD player runs out of resources and it leads to fights drawling out and becoming all about timed burst. And even now survivability is so good (Partly because of immense sustain) that bursting people is incredibly hard as well. Don't get me wrong, when I'm killing *** players openworld or even at duels the fight doesnt last long. But I'm talking about with the EXPERIENCED players. Bad players will always be bad. But for some *** reason, ZoS is trying to cater to the bad players when it is clear even these kinds of stupid buffs that make it all about stats aren't even going to help them.

EDIT2: And last thing before I await your reply; "However, sustain and survival for long lasting fights or ending up in a tie is part of Top player competitions. All Top player fights are decided by sustain and patience. Nobody said it's easy to find the perfect balance between sustain and acceptable DPS for a class but it's essential in duels and Magicka NBs are in a very good spot here." this is a quote from yourself. This is exactly what's wrong with the game, this game has a very low skill cap. Once you reach that specific skillcap there's really no going higher. I RARELY see fights among good players where people lose due to being outplayed. Now it's just long ass fights with ties at the end. And like I said, good players dont run out of resources. Especially with the use of pots. So now it just becomes an everlasting game of, "whoever makes the first mistake" Tell me, do you think these long fights where no one dies unless its a stupid mistake is healthy for this game? I honestly don't think so. Look back at 1.5 when people used real tactics to outplay each other, either by bursting people skillfully, or outlasting people in terms of resources. That simply just doesn't happen anymore.
    Edited by Yoyuyi999 on August 3, 2016 9:39AM
    Characters:

Magicka Templar, -Dombo
    Magicka Sorceror, -Mombo

~~~

Youtube
    Twitch

~~~