The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

[FIX] for "Reliable source serving corrupt data" In Download

Deggac
Deggac
✭✭
I kept the Log I was writing when trying to figure a solution

[Original text] Hello! I'm new here, two days ago I bought TESO. I've downloaded 20Gb aprox. when suddenly "Reliable source serving corrupt data" appears, always in the same place (Around 16GBs left).
Is there a solution for this?

IMPORTANT

Message from @ZOS_DaryaK : [August 9, 2016]
ZOS_DaryaK wrote: »
The "reliable source serving corrupt data" error should have been resolved with yesterday's patch. If you're still seeing that error, please repair your launcher and try again, the game should patch normally after repairing.

If you're still seeing that error or are having any other trouble, please reply to a customer support ticket you have open or let us know here.

SOLUTIONS FROM THE USERS

1) The first fix that a couple of users had was sharing via OneDrive the missing files in Download (in depot folder), so, if you have a friend with a similar problem, share your files. (I dont know if this is Illegal or not, but as I can see, this is a problem that persisted for years and we couldn't keep waiting. Besides, you are sharing a legal copy to another user with a Legal account. I'll notice you later if this is not permitted, if not, i'll delete this option) [THIS TOTALLY WORKS]

2) One user claim to pass through this error a couple times by enabling the DMZ with your own IP, and using Google's DNS (8.8.8.8 - 8.8.4.4), restarting the machine, open launcher as admin, and it should go well. [Couldn't test it]

3) As this is probably an ISP issue with your location, using your mobile's phone internet (using wi-fi, or data via USB) in your computer will provide you the last few MBs that were crashing. [Worked for me and onthers]

4) Using the software Hotspotshield and configuring your host will get you through. [Worked for a lot of users]

:)

LOG

Changing Megaservers: Same Error.
Click Repair: Same error, PLUS downloads useless updates.
Click update: May finish your download, but the game doesn't work.
Change DNS: Nah..

-Execute the launcher as administrator it definetly helps, A LOT, not only with the loading speed and stuff, also helps with a lot of common errors.. So, always open your game with administrator, change your folder permission to..

-It is a problem that cannot be fixed with conventional solutions like changing the DNS, running the launcher with comp. with windows 8, shutting down the firewall and/or antivirus, giving the zenimax folder all permissions, closing and opening launcher, or even restarting the download.

-Im still trying though with the repair option, a second time now.

-The support crew do not answer me still.. and as I can see, through all this years of TESO, this very same problem happened to different users, i think they've already solve this somehow, or Zenimax or Bethesda fix the updater IDK.

Things I'm not trying yet: Changing the MEGASERVER to EU...
I must add that I'm from Latin America, so I don't have any knowledge if this is the problem itself.

I just wanted to mention a couple of friends here who are still helping for getting this solved, some of them have alread the game and still getting in here to help others

@Grao
@Mongoaurelio
@atrocityck
@realmont
@Skoll15
@Out1s

Thanks for your work! we, the users are gonna solve this :)

Man.. in 2 or 3 days all of you guys figured out 3 different solutions..

I mean.. this was a persistent problem since 2014 as I can see.. now we have a lot of ways we can go through this..

As long as we stick together and don't disapear only in the game, I think we can make easier the experience for other newcomers like we are.. who didn't have other support than ourselves..

@Grao @Skoll15 @Out1s @Mongoaurelio you guys were here all the time... <3

@leandro.800ub17_ESO (you gave me the idea of an ISP issue and conecting my phone, cheers dude!)

@OsielGam3r you brought the hotspotshield out and help a lot of us here, thanks for your support! (y gracias @ManDraKE por mandarme tu resultado usando tu programa, luego vi que a muchos les resulto)

I'm not the only one saying "thank you" here, I speak for all of the users having the same trouble and read this topic, and of course the ZOS crew, I think we save them a lot of trouble I guess :')

<3<3<3<3

With Love, Deggac...
Tesoist since 8 years old.
[Day]Reading-studying-fighting[/Night]

Waiting for enter Tamriel, I'm tired of watching pRon man...

https://www.instagram.com/diego.garay.g/
  • atrocityck
    Same thing is happening to me, super annoying.

I've never had this issue before, I'm just trying to return to the realm of ESO and play...

(Not steam version)

I've uninstalled multiple times to no avail, just restarted my pc to see if that helps.

Currently downloading at 70.32 MB/s so speed isn't the issue.

EDIT: I get to 22% downloaded says 4.00 MB Remaining: Reliable source serving corrupt data.

I don't have a firewall, UAC or an Anti-Virus running. Tried running as an administrator as well still nothing.

nndrd4uame3r.png
    Edited by atrocityck on July 20, 2016 9:58PM
  • atrocityck
    SERIOUSLY ANYONEEEEEEEEEE I WANNA PLAY AHHHH
  • andlva
    andlva
    Soul Shriven
    it's the same here. I can't install the game. Downloaded 4 times... geez.. everytime I pause the installer it gives me a different message: webget error or realiable source serving corrupt data

h5eytxegtm06.jpg
    Edited by andlva on July 21, 2016 4:43PM
  • Deggac
    Deggac
    ✭✭
    So, Andlva, You reinstall 3 times because of this?

I'm now trying with the repair option, its Installing all over again, so hope for the best..

• atrocityck
    I don't even have the damn game installed, I'm trying to download it in general.... No repair option for me...
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Deggac wrote: »
    there Is any solution to this?
    The ESO client files for PC/Mac are hosted on several CDNs (e.g., on Amazon Web Services, AWS). It strongly depends on your ISP's DNS servers which CDN exit node is chosen whenever the Launcher tries to download the game's files, or patches. It might be possible that the particular exit node that was indicated by your ISP's DNS at any specific time has outdated files in its file repository, especially when it's in the process of syncing files with the master repository.

You could try to temporarily set your DNS server's IP addresses -- either in your computer's network settings, or in your router's configuration -- to those Google offers: 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, to test whether this alleviates your issues.

Edited by KhajitFurTrader on July 22, 2016 12:07AM
  • atrocityck
    Should of noted I already changed my DNS servers as well, did nothing.

Would be nice if I could just download all the game files without the launcher...
    Edited by atrocityck on July 22, 2016 12:13AM
  • atrocityck
    All things I've tried so far
    1. Uninstalling/Reinstalling and restarting the download
    2. Changing install directory to different harddrives
    3. Changing DNS servers
    4. Running as administrator/Running in compatibility WIN8 mode (I'm on windows 10)
    5. Running in safe mode with networking enabled

I don't have windows firewall enabled nor do I have an antivirus or Windows Defender enabled either.
    All ports are opened on my router, basically if someone wanted to hack me it would be a piece of cake even though it is anyways.

I don't know what to do, if I ping the IP given by the NSLOOKUP I get 4 lost packets.. Yet that shouldn't matter anyways since I'm sure there was DDOS protection implemented to stop people from pinging the servers and the download actually runs till it has 4MB left in that block and stops at 22%.
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have a home network with the game on another computer, copy over the ESO folder from program 86 location to the new comp. I had to do that for my sons computer because that crap kept appearing. Hope that helps bro.
  • atrocityck
    Would if I did, but I don't :(
  • Deggac
    Deggac
    ✭✭
    Hello again! I tried with the REPAIR option, and start to download alright, and applying patches..

BUT! Once again, the download hit the "Reliable source ser...." thing at the last 16 MB....

Im tired man, years has passed since I wanted the game, now I have my own credit card, and THIS.... man.. I could use some help, but I waited a week for a response from "the appropriate department for further assistance"...
    Edited by Deggac on July 22, 2016 3:53PM

• Mongoaurelio
    I am in the same boat here. I am trying my third attempt . First time stuck at 37%, then at 99% :s . Repair didn't repair anything it just started the whole download again. No dice from the other suggestions from the automated response either.
  • Deggac
    Deggac
    ✭✭
    I am in the same boat here. I am trying my third attempt . First time stuck at 37%, then at 99% :s . Repair didn't repair anything it just started the whole download again. No dice from the other suggestions from the automated response either.

SAME BRO, now it started all over again.. I've rebooted the pc, now its downloading, instead of 38000 mb, 6600 mbs.. wtf

• Tenref
    Tenref
    Soul Shriven
    Same here. And support guys couldn't care less.
  • Mongoaurelio
    Tenref wrote: »

Well, you are ahead of me. They will answer you first. Don´t forget to get back to the forums if you get it fixed.
  • Mongoaurelio
    @ Deggac: abort that download its a dud. It happened to me already. That is a patch not the game.
    Edited by Mongoaurelio on July 22, 2016 11:15PM
  • Deggac
    Deggac
    ✭✭
    @ Deggac: abort that download its a dud. It happened to me already. That is a patch not the game.

Oh alright man thanks! saved me! :smiley:

They need to work on this kinda things I guess...

• atrocityck
    I put a ticket in the same day, no response this is frustrating.

Edit: Got it to run a repair even though the game itself isn't downloaded, when it gave me the unreliable source error I clicked the drop down arrow on Game Options, hit cancel and then clicked repair... Let's see where this takes me.

EDIT2: finally got the game installed, now it crashes on boot... lmfao I'm done.

EDIT3: Back to square one, had to uninstall I give up....
    Edited by atrocityck on July 23, 2016 5:03AM
  • atrocityck
    IS IT THAT HARD TO SUPPORT YOUR CUSTOMERS JESUS CHRIST...

AN OFFICIAL RESPONSE WOULD BE FREAKING NICE.

This is the borked server: 198.20.198.100, it's the only one NSLOOKUP ever reaches no matter how many dns flushes and dns changes I do.
    Edited by atrocityck on July 23, 2016 3:21AM
  • Mongoaurelio
    Well at least you finished the install. I am back to my fourth install Did you try repair again? It can take a while.

25% corrupt... :(
    I guess I am going to for the fifth.
    Edited by Mongoaurelio on July 23, 2016 3:26AM
  • atrocityck
    Well at least you finished the install. I am back to my fourth install Did you try repair again? It can take a while.

25% corrupt... :(
    I guess I am going to for the fifth.

I had to uninstall, the game didn't really even install correctly... I'm back to 25% error.
  • Tenref
    Tenref
    Soul Shriven
    Tenref wrote: »

Well, you are ahead of me. They will answer you first. Don´t forget to get back to the forums if you get it fixed.

Finally got eso intalled. When 99% corrupt data appears in launcher, i cancelled it and hit update. Its fully installed. Bbbbbuuuuuuut when i hit play it says fatal error and shuts down. (Error 12) now im looking solution for that. I dont know guys at least i got game installed. :s
  • Mongoaurelio
    From previous tries to fix this I have seen that the update option downloads a patch not the base game. I guess you have patched a incomplete install and your error comes from missing files.

Did you try a repair now?
    Edited by Mongoaurelio on July 23, 2016 5:44PM
  • atrocityck
    If anyone who correctly downloaded the game could you please run a command prompt and type nslookup launcher.bethesda.net and let me know the IP so I can add it to my hosts file..
  • Tenref
    Tenref
    Soul Shriven
    From previous tries to fix this I have seen that the update option downloads a patch not the base game. I guess you have patched a incomplete install and your error comes from missing files.

Did you try a repair now?

you're right. I surrender for now.
  • atrocityck
    Could anyone who actually has no issues run a CMD prompt and type NSLOOKUP launcher.bethesda.net and post the IP? I'd like to get a working download server. All the ones posted are from 2014 and don't work.
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's 159.100.230.100
    ; <<>> DiG 9.8.3-P1 <<>> launcher.bethesda.net
    ;; global options: +cmd
    ;; Got answer:
    ;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 43807
    ;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 13, ADDITIONAL: 13

;; QUESTION SECTION:
    ;launcher.bethesda.net.		IN	A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
    launcher.bethesda.net.	59	IN	A	159.100.230.100

• realmont
    realmont
    Soul Shriven
    Just created and account because i'm also having this issue, i switched to the (EU) version of the game and i'm able to download everything without any interruptions, which makes me think this is not on our end. No idea what is going on. I have contacted support but they are very slow at answering my emails (i'm assuming they're getting a lot of users with this same problem). Not to sound like a prick but this is getting extremely annoying and frustrating, I've already lost 4 days of my premium membership.
    Below is proof that the EU version is ready to play while the NA version won't allow me to install it.
    Edited by realmont on July 24, 2016 1:12PM
    EU.jpg 496.8K
  • Mongoaurelio
    atrocityck wrote: »
    Could anyone who actually has no issues run a CMD prompt and type NSLOOKUP launcher.bethesda.net and post the IP? I'd like to get a working download server. All the ones posted are from 2014 and don't work.

How do you select server?
    I am stuck on 99% and want to try it. I have done 2 repair reruns :(
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    For anyone still experiencing this issue, please try deleting your host.developer file and then patch the game client:

1. Locate the launcher folder. The default location is C:\ProgramFiles (x86)\Zenimax Online\Launcher.

2. Make a copy of the launcher folder and rename that copy "Launcher back up"

3. Open the initial/non-copied Launcher folder and delete all "host developers files"that are marked with a number.For Example: host developer1, hostdeveloper2, etc.

The only file that should remain in that folder is the host developer file that is not marked with a number and is created the day of the re-install.

4. Close Everything and then Reopen the Launcher.

Please reply here to let us know if this helps.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post