Forebear
    Soul Shriven
    almost a week and we still waiting for a fix :'(
    Options
  • pepepollocr
    pepepollocr
    Soul Shriven
    Hey Guys,

Working fix here. Connect to a Los Angeles, CA VPN and download. Works perfectly, no corrupted files.

I found another workaround, you guys can try to change to French language, in the Launcher Options, this allowed me to Complete the Installation and I Played a little bit but in french, the bad thing is when I changed again to English, the Launcher started again to download the English language Patch, and it stopped at 99% again, so I tried theVPN suggestion and This worked for me too, My only concern about this is if I need to do this every time that release a new Patch or content.
    Options
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is pretty ridiculous... And it is not really a new bug, if you make a ample search of the Forum, you find this happens from time to time. Clearly there is some issue with one or another server providing us with downloads, either that or there is an issue with the patcher it self.
    Options
  • realmont
    realmont
    Soul Shriven
    And now mine just works, i went to the gym and let the dowbload run while i was away and when i came back it was installed and ready to play, i'm in game now. I didn't use vpn nor did i switch servers, it just decided to work. Good luck to all of you. Here's a pic with my account name for proof.
    Options
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    realmont wrote: »
    And now mine just works, i went to the gym and let the dowbload run while i was away and when i came back it was installed and ready to play, i'm in game now. I didn't use vpn nor did i switch servers, it just decided to work. Good luck to all of you. Here's a pic with my account name for proof.

It is so stupid, I managed to download and start the europian, but converting to NA proved impossible, I get the bug when repairing it to NA... I have to say, I am really, really frustrated.
    Options
  • atrocityck
    Grao wrote: »
    realmont wrote: »

It is so stupid, I managed to download and start the europian, but converting to NA proved impossible, I get the bug when repairing it to NA... I have to say, I am really, really frustrated.

Make sure you deleted the files mentioned before running the repair, that's what made it work for me..

Go into the server you just pasted and delete the version files.

depot.version
    game_player.version
    vo_XX.version where XX is your language mine is English so i would delete vo_en.version.
    Options
  • Mongoaurelio
    Well it seems all those who managed to download it were just lucky. I tried EU server and VPN with LA and nothing. It either stops at 22% or 99%. Anyone knows how to download from a specific server?
    Options
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    In order to investigate this further, our team has asked for your host.developer files. If you have already submitted support ticket, please reply to it once more with your host.developer file attached. If you haven't submitted a ticket, please submit a ticket to our support team and be sure to attach that file.

It would be very helpful if you'd post your ticket numbers or send them to me via PM.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • atrocityck
    ZOS_DaryaK wrote: »
    In order to investigate this further, our team has asked for your host.developer files. If you have already submitted support ticket, please reply to it once more with your host.developer file attached. If you haven't submitted a ticket, please submit a ticket to our support team and be sure to attach that file.

It would be very helpful if you'd post your ticket numbers or send them to me via PM.

My original dev file was attached to my ticket, I fixed it myself by downloading EU but ticket is still there.
    Options
  • Alek73
    Alek73
    Soul Shriven
    Hi, I am getting the infamous "Reliable source serving corrupt data" error. I am on EU server. My support ticket number is: 160727-002123

Thank you for investigating this and I hope to be able to play the game soon!
    Options
  • Alek73
    Alek73
    Soul Shriven
    Just to confirm, I have installed the game now. I have not applied any fix, just persisted with the installation again. I did, however, removed the numbered host.developer files a couple of times.
    Options
  • Deggac
    Deggac
    ✭✭
    Number of tries: 54.368 54.369

I'll download in EU and pass to NA, let's hope for the best guys :'(
    Tesoist since 8 years old.
    [Day]Reading-studying-fighting[/Night]

Waiting for enter Tamriel, I'm tired of watching pRon man...

https://www.instagram.com/diego.garay.g/
    Options
  • Out1s
    Out1s
    ✭✭
    i've the same problem, downloaded the game four times and the same, try the fix guide and nothing happend, BUT what i did was uninstall the launcher form program panel and install a new fresh one, coping the files that downloaded in a new folder, let the new launcher download 1%, paused and copy the files that was downloaded in this new folder, and in the beginning it work, but now at only 12mb left from download happend the same: "reliable source serving corrupt data"
    try the same "solution" but now it doesn't work.
    bought the game 2 days ago to enjoy it in my vacations but.... wel.... just want to play >.<
    Options
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    If you haven't already, please submit a ticket to our support team and be sure to include your host.developer file. Here's how to find it:
    PC Players can find their host.developer file by following these steps:
    1.Open the Start menu and click on Computer.
    2.Open the drive on which the game is installed. This will be the C: drive by default.
    3.Open Program Files (x86) and scroll down the list to the ZeniMax Online folder.
    4.Open the ZeniMax Online folder, then Launcher.
    5.Locate the host.developer file.
    6.Right-click and save a copy (it is a text document).

Mac Players can find their host.developer file by following these steps:
    1.Open the Launcher.
    2.Run a Repair.
    3.Close the Launcher.
    4.Open the Finder, click on Applications and open ZeniMax Online.
    5.Right-click/ command-click on the Launcher and select Show package content.
    6.Select Contents then MacOS.
    7.You will see host.developer.log files.
    8.Right-click/ command-click and save a copy (it is a text document).

The copy can be provided to Customer Support if required.

A video walkthrough for creating the host.developer file on PC can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY99--fwl14.

The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Out1s
    Out1s
    ✭✭
    If you haven't already, please submit a ticket to our support team and be sure to include your host.developer file. Here's how to find it:
    PC Players can find their host.developer file by following these steps:
    1.Open the Start menu and click on Computer.
    2.Open the drive on which the game is installed. This will be the C: drive by default.
    3.Open Program Files (x86) and scroll down the list to the ZeniMax Online folder.
    4.Open the ZeniMax Online folder, then Launcher.
    5.Locate the host.developer file.
    6.Right-click and save a copy (it is a text document).

Mac Players can find their host.developer file by following these steps:
    1.Open the Launcher.
    2.Run a Repair.
    3.Close the Launcher.
    4.Open the Finder, click on Applications and open ZeniMax Online.
    5.Right-click/ command-click on the Launcher and select Show package content.
    6.Select Contents then MacOS.
    7.You will see host.developer.log files.
    8.Right-click/ command-click and save a copy (it is a text document).

The copy can be provided to Customer Support if required.

A video walkthrough for creating the host.developer file on PC can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY99--fwl14.

Done that, added two host.developer, one from the first error, and one with the second, and a report from the launcher tool

Reference number: 160726-002409
    Options
  • bomba00
    bomba00

I did it, this is my ticket number: #160729-000826.

Thanks.

EDIT:
    And suddenly, just after i wrote this post, the launcher decided it was time to finish the update... And its all good now
    what the...!?
    Edited by bomba00 on July 29, 2016 1:34PM
    Options
  • Out1s
    Out1s
    ✭✭
    today report, unistalled all, client, launcher, clean registry, downloaded new launcher installer, and it was going sooo good, yesterday stoped at 12mb, but now its the same error at 8mb.........................................
    im starting to feel like there's no solution............
    now i feel like if it's work its ok, but if doesnt its the same...........
    Options
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Out1s wrote: »
    today report, unistalled all, client, launcher, clean registry, downloaded new launcher installer, and it was going sooo good, yesterday stoped at 12mb, but now its the same error at 8mb.........................................
    im starting to feel like there's no solution............
    now i feel like if it's work its ok, but if doesnt its the same...........

Let me guess, Depot files 4, 18 and 19 weren't completing download and then 4 completed, but you still can't get 18 and 19 to complete, right?

@ZOS_DaryaK , I want a direct link to those files. If you can't provide us with that I will be taking this discussion to General Discussion, Reddit and any other public midia I can get my hands on. It is ridiculous that it is taking so long to fix this issue and ZOS's customer support has been useless as usual.
    Edited by Grao on July 30, 2016 1:17PM
    Options
  • Mongoaurelio
    @Grao : Lazy support team. Apparently it works if you copy and paste a working install. All they have to do to give us an alternate download is compress and upload the folder.

Had to do it myself but could only find a copy of an old one. Its currently repairing. Lets see what happens.
    Edited by Mongoaurelio on July 30, 2016 1:39PM
    Options
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Grao : Lazy support team. Apparently it works if you copy and paste a working install. All they have to do to give us an alternate download is compress and upload the folder.

Oh, I know... I am asking a friend to upload his folders for me, the problem is, that is illegal and it is very time consuming. It isn't illegal or time consuming for *** ZOS though...

Can you do me a favor @Mongoaurelio, go into your folder and check which of the Zip parts won't download both on the Depot and Vo_en Folders? I want to know if your corrupted files are the same as mine.

EDIT: ah, ok, so you found a old folder to repair from, Lucky you.
    Edited by Grao on July 30, 2016 1:46PM
    Options
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EU Server Files that are corrupted:

depot_-1to99.z04 (Sometimes the download for this one completed)
    depot_-1to99.z18
    depot_-1to99.z19
    vo_en_-1to97.z04

NA Server Files that are corrupted:

depot_-1to150.z04 (Sometimes the download for this one completed)
    depot_-1to150.z18
    depot_-1to150.z19
    vo_en_-1to147.z04

Do those lists seem similar, @ZOS_DaryaK ? It is because they are essentially the same files! We want those files uploaded to a open server we can download from directly and complete the download and installation of this *** game!
    Options
  • Mongoaurelio
    I have no way to know which are the corrupt files since I don´t have a Vo_en folder and the ones in the Depot folder all have the same size.
    Options
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no way to know which are the corrupt files since I don´t have a Vo_en folder and the ones in the Depot folder all have the same size.

The one that doesn't download will show as Type 'Partial Download'. The ones completed show as Type 'Z** File'.
    Edited by Grao on July 30, 2016 1:50PM
    Options
  • Mongoaurelio

The one that doesn't download will show as Type 'Partial Download'. The ones completed show as Type 'Z** File'.

When I get a corrupt file at 24% I do get partial downloads but at 99% they all look clean.

Check the web for a copy. I don·t see why is it illegal. I bought the game.
    Options
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When I get a corrupt file at 24% I do get partial downloads but at 99% they all look clean.

Check the web for a copy. I don·t see why is it illegal. I bought the game.

Interesting, mine has those two, part 18 and 19 still showing as Partial Download even when only 8Mb are missing.
    Edited by Grao on July 30, 2016 1:58PM
    Options
  • Skoll15
    Skoll15
    ✭✭
    Hey guys.. Well this seems like the only possible approach huh?

I'm stuck with parts:

depot_-1to150.z10
    depot_-1to150.z21

Same, 8mb left no success downloading, opened a ticket but nothing happens, weirdly enough my ticket says it is unresolved, created 2 days ago but I haven't been contacted by any ZoS member.
    Ref: 160728-002708
    3 weeks now trying to download this thing, is incredible..

If you guys could provide those parts, it would be great.
    And as said above, I don't see it as a "bad" the thing, since we all paid for this game already.

Good luck, that's all we have left though...

** Edit: And we have another problem coming, the maintenance for the PC is this next Monday (please no!), if they release a new patch with it, we're screwed again... We'll have to redownload this whole thing again, happened twice to me now...

If you guys have any thread opened in reddit(or any other website) to find a solution to this(since we can't rely on ZOS), please share it, so we can be up-to-date with it..

Thank you!
    Edited by Skoll15 on July 30, 2016 2:35PM
    Options
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skoll15 wrote: »

I'm stuck with parts:

depot_-1to150.z10
    depot_-1to150.z21

Same, 8mb left no success downloading, opened a ticket but nothing happens, weirdly enough my ticket says it is unresolved, created 2 days ago but I haven't been contacted by any ZoS member.

And as said above, I don't see it as a "bad" the thing, since we all paid for this game already.

Hey! HEY!

Maybe we should start trading parts here on the Forum!

Is this what we have to do to get this game installed, @ZOS_DaryaK ? I am sorry I am tagging you on this matter, unfortunately you seem to be the only one at ZOS that cares about us.
    Edited by Grao on July 30, 2016 2:21PM
    Options
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skoll15 wrote: »

I'm stuck with parts:

depot_-1to150.z10
    depot_-1to150.z21

** Edit: And we have another problem coming, the maintenance for the PC is this next Monday (please no!), if they release a new patch with it, we're screwed again... We'll have to redownload this whole thing again, happened twice to me now...

If you guys have any thread opened in reddit(or any other website) to find a solution to this(since we can't rely on ZOS), please share it, so we can be up-to-date with it..

Thank you!

Maintenance does not fix this problem? And here I was hoping it would... sigh...
    Options
  • Skoll15
    Skoll15
    ✭✭

Hey! HEY!

Maybe we should start trading parts here on the Forum!

Is this what we have to do to get this game installed, @ZOS_DaryaK ? I am sorry I am tagging you on this matter, unfortunately you seem to be the only one at ZOS that cares about us.

I could try, the only problem there is for me, my Internet speed isn't quite great, would take me weeks to upload one single part..... 110 kb/s Download, and about 10-20 kb/s upload. Imagine uploading 2gigs, which is the size of every part!.. Haha!

If ZOS can't provide us with a solution to this, then we'll have to take care of this our own way, unfortunately...
    Edited by Skoll15 on July 30, 2016 2:32PM
    Options
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I restarted my download. Once I encounter the bug I will upload parts 10 and 21 for you. If you have OneDrive we can use that for sharing files.
    Options