Gotta love talking ethics in a game where we murder each other. lmao

edit: forgot a pronoun smh
    Edited by TequilaFire on July 19, 2016 12:01PM
    Options
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one knows exactly what's wrong with Malubeth. It is discussed here. There is a video of Malubeth fights in that thread with a visible combat log (CLS). I watched the first fight and skimmed through others. Bugged procs were not uncommon. Here is what I noted from the first clip:
    The damage is consistent at 210-419 per tick, but the healing ranges from 420-6452 per tick for the period I watched -- including a long stretch of heals above 3000 per tick.

It seems to tick approximately twice per second, so there were times he was consistently being healed for 5-10K per second by only Malubeth.

This is a significant bug. I don't see how anyone can downplay it.
    Options
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pls
    DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

Youtube: www.youtube.com/SypherPK
    Twitch: www.twitch.tv/SypherPK
    Options
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fasoo wrote: »
    bc I solo and am always zerged. that is all.

Please. Earlier today you kept attacking our group of 8. What are we supposed to do, stop to duel you one at a time?
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
    Options
  • Fasoo
    Fasoo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sypher wrote: »
    Pls

ya good?
    Options
  • Fasoo
    Fasoo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kilandros wrote: »

Please. Earlier today you kept attacking our group of 8. What are we supposed to do, stop to duel you one at a time?
    ya

Options
  • KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I consider Malubeth bug like the old 2h axe bleed bug -- everyone knows it's a thing, everyone knows it's powerful, and everyone has access to it, preventing disciplinary action from ZOS. It'll get fixed one day, but I'm not going to lose my cool over it in the meantime. I just roll out of tether range and roll my eyes at people who choose to use it.
    Edited by KenaPKK on July 19, 2016 2:33AM
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC original dueling and general PvP community guild
    Now the hub of competitive dueling and the joined PvP communities of NA and EU/PC

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
    Options
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    KenaPKK wrote: »
    I consider Malubeth bug like the old 2h axe bleed bug -- everyone knows it's a thing, everyone knows it's powerful, and everyone has access to it, preventing disciplinary action from ZOS. It'll get fixed one day, but I'm not going to lose my cool over it in the meantime. I just roll out of together range and roll my eyes at people who choose to use it.

Pretty much this.

I don't think a 2 piece set should be capable of 6k+ heal ticks. Idkkkk.

You all do you tho.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
    Options
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kilandros wrote: »

ya

Well okay then. Carry on.
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
    Options
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Even though this is an ethics issue, I am not going to get into it because no one on this thread nor ZOS is paying me, and I don't work for free.

Its bad enough im stuck going over ethics with employees at work every year(yes we are required to keep ethics up to date and ensure every one is behaving in an ethical manner in accordance to policy)

I'll leave you with one little tidbit, and this one is free of charge.

Concerning Malaubeth and ethics, ask yourself this question:

If your a Baseball/Football/Basketball/Boxing/MMA/etc and you use a performance enhancing drug that is NOT on the list banned substances and is not currently on the USADA testing list, is it ethical to use it?

There is no right or wrong answer to that question, merely classification....how you answer that question determines where you stand or lean on the scale of ethics....best of luck to ya. :)
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

Options
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1. Is it a part of the game ? Yes.
    2. Was it stated by the developer that using it is considered a bug/exploit/child abuse ? Nope.

No more questions.

Same exact thing with jesus beam. Players who will rage at You for using these things are ***. It's the dev job to balance the game.
    If You willingly refuse to have an "advantage" in the game that's Your personal choice lol. If You give crap to people using it...you need to go outside and take a look at the planet you live on xD

It was bugged to double dip healing in crit values but was fixed and yes using it isn't a exploit but the set is still over power and cheesy.

It allows a player to gain insane amount of healing just a flat 30% bonus not major/minor mending or anything like that when it procs so pair that up with all other healing buffs a player not only negate battle spirit but still able to gain even more healing.

So yes it isn't bugged any more or exploited but it is very over powered.
    Options
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lord_Hev wrote: »
    The only problem I have with Malubeth is bursty stam builds being able to abuse it. Tanks on the other hand should be annoying to kill, I have no qualms against them using it and they have every right to use it.

But that's the sad part every other DPS user is using it to become semi-tanks becoming not only annoying and hard to kill but able to kill you faster.
    Options
  • SRIBES
    SRIBES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya exposed
    Options
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This community is so disgusting. Not only using & defending the broken stuff despite knowing better, but also downtalking, insulting and belittleing people who have legit concerns with it.

I hope to never see you scrubs in any other game I play.
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
    Options
  • SienneYviete
    SienneYviete
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This community is so disgusting. Not only using & defending the broken stuff despite knowing better, but also downtalking, insulting and belittleing people who have legit concerns with it.

I hope to never see you scrubs in any other game I play.
    LOL
    welcome-to-the-internet-internet-demotivational-poster-1264714433.png.jpg

Edited by SienneYviete on July 19, 2016 4:19AM
    Delta
    Valheru's
    Options
  • Yoyuyi999
    Yoyuyi999
    ✭✭✭✭
    oh eso
    Characters:

Magicka Dragonknight, Yoyuyi
    Stamina Dragonknight, -Jombo
    Magicka Templar, -Dombo
    Magicka Sorceror, -Mombo
    Magicka Nightblade, -Wombo
    Magicka Dragonknight, -Combo

~~~

Youtube
    Twitch

~~~

Former GM of Mighty

~~~

http://imgur.com/a/RWZZ7
    Options
  • Outer_Rim
    Outer_Rim
    ✭✭✭
    Yoyuyi999 wrote: »
    oh eso

didnt you wipe to krotha on a boat... shhhhh..... back to your corner.
    Edited by Outer_Rim on July 19, 2016 4:31AM
    Options
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roechacca wrote: »
    No I'm not aware the set is broken. I also don't own the set. All I know is from the Dev Tracker because I have never relied on players to tell me what's working or not working as intended.

The dev tracker says, "if it feels like cheating to you, do not use it".

Does getting 10K healing ticks 4 times in 2 seconds feel like cheating to you?

Do not rely on players to tell you what is working or not working as intended, rely on your own common sense.
    Edited by Sharee on July 19, 2016 6:25AM
    Options
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    69520696.jpg
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
    Options
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »

lol. I still think this 10k ticks 4 times in 2 seconds for someone at or near full health to begin with is a terrible thing to quote. A 10k tick for someone who only needs 2k to reach full health is just a 2k heal. It's the same thing with a 10k damage tick hitting someone with only 2k health left.

If you're going to quote something for effect, quote something that is actually keeping someone alive based on the health they are losing.
    Options
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »

lol. I still think this 10k ticks 4 times in 2 seconds for someone at or near full health to begin with is a terrible thing to quote.

Malubeth only procs for someone at or near full health?
    Edited by Sharee on July 19, 2016 7:30AM
    Options
  • SRIBES
    SRIBES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ya
    Options
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I still haven't seen those high heals on myself like people claim here or which can be seen on youtube videos occasionally. My highest heal I have seen so far was 5.8k on a stamplar with 4k weapon damage, 37k stamina, minor vitality, major mending, 10% blessed and 5% quick recovery. Seems pretty legit on my part tbh.
    Isn't it just possible that certain combat logs are processing the whole proc heal thing kinda weird or so? I mean, obviously Malubeth is freaking strong. But that's because 30% increased healing received is simply a ridiculous amount, especially if you compare it to Quick Recovery which gives you "only" 16% or so with 100 CPs into it.

I find a certain NB specific set to be much worse than Malubeth. Giving up to 16k hots seems way more broken. But I guess not enough people know about it. :lol:
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
    Options
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a magicka DK in PvP forced to go into 5 heavy to survive more, using the PvP molten whip instead of flame lash (sorry, in PvP it is a huge dps loss) and thanks to the massive hit mDKs got since update 5 and nothing done about it, Malubeth Set is the only set out there that is very effective for me.

With that said, i dont run it anymore, i am testing how is Valkyn doing in Cyrodiil.

As a mDK who is NOT a vampire and no lash morph and no real instant (proper) heals anymore, i have very limited options.

Malubeth is not bugged, it is very effective. The problem with most of you guys is that when most people run a set or skill or set-up, you complain that "its broken, its OP" or what not.

Till today i am killing idiot sorcs and nightblades that just keep throwing projectiles at me and dragon fire scales is just killing them, despite the nerf it got.

Maybe Zenimax should ADJUST the malubeth set a bit, not nerf or buff, adjust it somehow.
    mDKs still need a lot of love!
    Options
  • Itoq
    Itoq
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was away from the game for quite awhile. I came back a week or so ago and I have been running solo, in Cyrodiil, a mag DK with PVE heavy armor and pve skill morphs in addition to Malubeth.

Looking at my logs the set is not OP at all with what I have going*. Which leads me to believe that the real issue is the same old issue of ZOZ not managing stacking multiple buffs combined with some skills very well (ie. 6k Weapon Damage), more than the set itself.

* which is not to say that I do not find the set useful. When it procs, which is not very often but when it does proc it isusually when I am getting hammered by several players, it buys me a couple seconds of heals and momentary respite from damage as most opponents take a couple steps back
    Options
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shuffle+Malubeth= never die, GG ! :D
    Edit:
    These days, its difficult to kill a stam player that uses the above combination.( can't kill them with Meteor+RD combo :/)
    Edited by Van_0S on July 19, 2016 9:53AM
    Options
  • K4RMA
    K4RMA
    ✭✭✭✭
    can confirm malubeth needs buff, just jumped into 50 AD and died with malubeth
    nerf mdk
    Options
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lord_Hev wrote: »
    SRIBES wrote: »
    Ya

Ya
    Ya

Ya
    Ya

Ya

Ya
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
    Options
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    K4RMA wrote: »
    can confirm malubeth needs buff, just jumped into 50 AD and died with malubeth

Are you using sword and board? I have heard its more effective using Malubeth with SnB.
    Options
This discussion has been closed.