The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Enough is enough, ESO has been out for more 2 years. The PVP loading screens are unacceptable.

• HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Another load screen thread?

Sigh *unzips bookmarks*
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gROWYzOAi9g
  • sirston
    sirston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whitestakes Revenge
    WoodElf Mag-Warden
    Sirston
    Magickia Dragonknight

T0XIC
    Pride Of The Pact
    Vehemence
    The Crimson Order

victoria aut mors
  • JDar
    JDar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pomaikai wrote: »
    It's a combination of lack of bandwidth and server horsepower on ZOS's end. From what I can tell, they're just too cheap to fix it. Those loading screens equal bonuses for upper management coming in under budget.

Probably has more to with *server-side software implementation but I guess you know something we don't about ZoS' infrastructure.

edited for clarity
    Edited by JDar on October 5, 2016 4:15AM
  • JDar
    JDar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    Accept the fact that ESO is a broken product that most likely will never get fixed or just move on to a game that has (more) capable developers.

Take your own advice. You post the same thing in every thread. It's obvious you hate the game and you aren't having fun.
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    JDar wrote: »
    Accept the fact that ESO is a broken product that most likely will never get fixed or just move on to a game that has (more) capable developers.

Take your own advice. You post the same thing in every thread. It's obvious you hate the game and you aren't having fun.
    Wai u say dis? Alliance War forum's already dead enough, I need all the entertainment I can get at work.
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    JDar wrote: »

That's why I just accepted that ESO is a broken product managed by terrible developers.
  • FireCowCommando
    FireCowCommando
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pandorii wrote: »
    I've been reading a lot about how the mmorpg genre has been dying. I haven't found anything that will be coming out in all of 2016 and 2017 that is like eso. BDO is the closest thing, but the game is pay to win.

BDO: You can buy BiS stuff. But how is it P2W? Ghillie suit in PvP? There are tons of ways to make money. The richest people in game are actually crafters who have built up their crafting empires. You prefer farming? Great! There is a "bad luck protection" implemented in game. Not getting a certain item steadily increases its drop chance with every roll. Gold selling exists in both ESO and BDO and, surely, only a negligible minority buys gold. Furthermore, other than in ESO, BDO actually bans people participating in those activities. A friend of mine bought items for real money on EpicNPC. Apparently they had someone looking through the threads there and were able to track down the time of transaction to his account. Banned permanently! No BS, no unbanning.

ESO: BiS stuff (vMA weapons) has been handed out like candy for a few months to the best players, then gated behind impossible RNG odds for the rest of the community and new players. No matter the effort, you won't get the weapon(s) you're looking for. But you get to watch a bunch of other competitive players use them who got them when they were easy to get with much better RNG. You can buy and sell gold for real money as much as you want. ZOS doesn't care. Many trade guild owners make a decent living in real life off their trading guilds - and ZOS doesn't care to ban them because ... reasons. Don't even get me started on cheat engine.

And regarding the rest - graphics, lore, lag - BDO is much more stable and beautiful. The only reason anyone would choose ESO over BDO is either someone who is a huge fan of the Elder Scrolls lore (like me) or has no idea what he's talking about when it comes to BDO.

FYI, you cant just P2W the best in slot gear in BDO. Well, you could, its just theres limitations on how quickly your able to do it. All you need to do is spend $20,000 over the course of 3 years to get the same gear it would take a year to get by playing competitively.
    Edited by FireCowCommando on October 5, 2016 8:08AM
  • Magus
    Magus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The long loading screens makes me almost rage quit every night.
    Duraeon / Maoh
    Former Emperor of Haderus, Trueflame, and Azura's Star
    PC/NA
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HoloYoitsu wrote: »
    Another load screen thread?

Sigh *unzips bookmarks*
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gROWYzOAi9g

Best eso video ever. Next to *** reacting to DB.
  • Sureshawt
    Sureshawt
    ✭✭✭✭
    In my experience this happens to me 99% of time only when I'm in a group.

I have had it happen to me only one time in recent memory when I wasn't in a group.

SOLUTION:
    When it becomes obvious that you have the load bug it is faster to shutdown ESO manually and relog.

RISK:
    You may be booted from campaigns with a queue and placed back at the end of the line.

THEORY:
    I believe the issue is related to other players still being in group that are marked offline but this is just a corollary observation.

Edited by Sureshawt on October 5, 2016 6:55PM
  • Iink
    Iink
    ✭✭✭✭
    This happened a lot tonight, it was awful
  • Esgameplaya1
    Esgameplaya1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Link buddy apparently enough is not enough!!
    XuyAAoe.png
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I came to this realization a couple of months ago. The real question is, what should we play instead? Before people suggest overwatch or division, I mean what other mmorpg, like eso, is out there to play instead. I've been reading a lot about how the mmorpg genre has been dying. I haven't found anything that will be coming out in all of 2016 and 2017 that is like eso. BDO is the closest thing, but the game is pay to win.

Camelot Unchained is the only one I know that might be close to ESO. But it's still a long ways off. Maybe mid to late 2017? IDK because I'm not paying to play alpha =/
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • Dyride
    Dyride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove old add-ons from your Addons folder, also delete the SavedVariables files from your old add-ons.
    V Є H Є M Є И C Є
      Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
      Solongandthanksforallthef
      Revenge of the Hist
      Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia
    1. Rasimir
      Rasimir
      ✭✭✭
      Sureshawt wrote: »
      In my experience this happens to me 99% of time only when I'm in a group.

I have had it happen to me only one time in recent memory when I wasn't in a group.

This. We had other bugs related to being grouped, just remember the "kick onrez when offliners are there". I often have very long loading times when I'm in large groups. Even in smaller groups loading seems to slow down.

I suspect there is more related to groups, even other lags in combat may be related to begin grouped.

Perhaps some communication with other clients ? Notifications which wait for responses that never arrive? Who knows.
    2. Rickter
      Rickter
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I had a lot of fun in pvp yesterday. claimed a lot of keeps for my guild. had one bad load screen but it was ABSOLUTELY FINE because it gave me time to get a drink.

RickterESO
      PC | NA | DC
      YouTube
      Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
      PvE:
      vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

3. Aliniel
      Aliniel
      ✭✭✭✭
      Ok, here's an idea. Let's flood the forums with requests for fixes. It is unacceptable for such a problem to persist for over two years. We deserve better. If they keep ignoring us, we should make it impossible for them to ignore us.
    4. Kaghei
      Kaghei
      ✭✭✭
      how else will the game know youre ready for cyrodiil if you can't beat the loadscreen boss
      Alacrity
      World's Fastest AA
      World's First claimer of Bleakers
      First Grand Overlord Slayer
    5. Galenus_of_Pergamon
      Reapor wrote: »
      I dont get them at all on pc aside from every now and again in ghratwood, the only thing i can put it down to is ESO is way more CPU intensive then it is GPU and the ps4 and xbox have a crappy notebook cpu.

Honestly i think the PS4.5 may solve the issue when it comes out.

Edit, Then again generally loading screens are to load assets to the ram/Vram so idk.

I have the PS4 Pro.

Unfortunately, the absurdly long load screens are still present after resurrecting in PVP or when traveling at a Transidus Shrine. I strongly believe that it is crappy server bandwidth and power because I have upgrades my hardware and the game's performance has worsened since One Tamriel.
      14 AD Characters all 730CP+ (more info coming soon)

Vivat Veritas
    6. enzoisadog
      enzoisadog
      ✭✭✭✭
      omg
      10 minutes
      i can't
      NA-PC
    7. SHADOW2KK
      SHADOW2KK
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Aliniel wrote: »
      Ok, here's an idea. Let's flood the forums with requests for fixes. It is unacceptable for such a problem to persist for over two years. We deserve better. If they keep ignoring us, we should make it impossible for them to ignore us.

Do you know ZoS at all?
      Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
      LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
      LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
      LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
      LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
      LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
      LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
      LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
      LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
      Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
      PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

8. duncan_cougarpreeb18_ESO
      either they are back or never really fixed ..- anyway with the queues are a terror now and loading screens are sometimes just seconds, but can last 15+++ minutes just as easy

NOT acceptable
    9. QuebraRegra
      QuebraRegra
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ArchMikem wrote: »
      To play devil's advocate everyone's remarks would carry extra weight if a monthly fee to play was still required.

wait, isn't it? I mean I can't play without the crafting bag due to the games ZOS plays with inventory limits. So afterall, am I not paying monthly?
    10. QuebraRegra
      QuebraRegra
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I came to this realization a couple of months ago. The real question is, what should we play instead? Before people suggest overwatch or division, I mean what other mmorpg, like eso, is out there to play instead. I've been reading a lot about how the mmorpg genre has been dying. I haven't found anything that will be coming out in all of 2016 and 2017 that is like eso. BDO is the closest thing, but the game is pay to win.

this... and it's even worse for the console peasant who has no real fantasy MMO alternatives (DO NOT mention NEVERWINTER.. just don't bother).

11. SneaK
      SneaK
      ✭✭✭✭✭

this... and it's even worse for the console peasant who has no real fantasy MMO alternatives (DO NOT mention NEVERWINTER.. just don't bother).

2017 should be a good year though, at least for my taste. Destiny 2 releases in September(?) and Red Dead Redemption 2 is also supposed to launch in the fall. Don't know a lot about either game, but have heard they are leaning more towards open world MMO'ish type of play.
      "IMO"
      Aldmeri Dominion
      Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
      (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
    12. Dyride
      Dyride
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      SneaK wrote: »

2017 should be a good year though, at least for my taste. Destiny 2 releases in September(?) and Red Dead Redemption 2 is also supposed to launch in the fall. Don't know a lot about either game, but have heard they are leaning more towards open world MMO'ish type of play.

How will I be able to overcome my Stockholm Syndrome?
      V Є H Є M Є И C Є
        Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
        Solongandthanksforallthef
        Revenge of the Hist
        Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia
      1. G0ku
        G0ku
        ✭✭✭✭
        I never get loading screens in pvp when I´m all solo, only if I´m member of a group. Someone out there who can confirm you get loading screens while being solo (leaving out the loading screen you get when using a charge ability in the area of sejanus)?
        - First AD EU Group to finish DSA VET -
        AD Altmer V16 Templar Alliance Rank 30 - EU - DSA Conqueror (pre-nerf) flawless vMSA
        AD Argonian V16 Dragonknight Alliance Rank 15
        AD Bosmer V16 Nightblade Alliance Rank 16
        AD Kahjiit V16 Sorcerer Alliance Rank 10
        AD Dunmer V16 Dragonknight Alliance Rank 9
        AD Altmer V16 Templar Alliance Rank 10 - flawless vMSA
        DC Altmer V16 Sorcerer Alliance Rank 9 - flawless vMSA
        AD Breton V16 Templar Alliance Rank 10
        AD Altmer V16 Sorceress Alliance Rank 21
        AD Kahjiit Warden
        AD Altmer Nightblade
      2. reiverx
        reiverx
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Load screens are terrible when I'm in a group, especially if you port to somewhere that has siege on it.

There is a little 'trick' you can do on PS4. Not 100% guaranteed.

Load Netflix or some other application that causes ESO to go into suspended mode.
        Exit Netflix after it has fully loaded.
        Go back into ESO. When it un-suspends, it will release the load screen.

3. duncan_cougarpreeb18_ESO
        G0ku wrote: »
        I never get loading screens in pvp when I´m all solo, only if I´m member of a group. Someone out there who can confirm you get loading screens while being solo (leaving out the loading screen you get when using a charge ability in the area of sejanus)?

wouldn't say never, but the difference is about 1000 in 1 (when in group vs solo)
      4. Anazasi
        Anazasi
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Loading screens suck.....Sorry ZOS but you need to get on this one and find the solution. I had 5 of them last night and 4 times I had to close client and log in only find myself outside queing up again. The last time I just went to bed.

Fix the loading screen syndrome.