The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Enough is enough, ESO has been out for more 2 years. The PVP loading screens are unacceptable.

Iink
Iink
✭✭✭✭
Loading screens lasting 10 minutes or more. This isn't a hardware problem, this isn't an internet problem, it is an ESO problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyiUOLYTycg

PVP is unplayable with these loading screens. I try leading groups, loading screens happen. I can't communicate with the group, an everyone ends up leaving the group. All because the loading screen is bugged. Not to mention in the time of a loading screen enemies can be taking a keep or running with a scroll. Time is everything in PVP. And these loading screens break PVP. Sometimes logging out and in fixes it, but thanks to the game, when you log out it boots you out of cyrodiil wasting even more time waiting to queue back in. I'm not the only one who gets these screens, many other players I speak too get this. PVP can not be considered a fair, proper, or even balanced experience if these loading screens remain.

And it's been going on for years now. These loading screens should be the #1 priority for all of ZOS.

-Fix the loading screens once and for all.

-Let players remain in Cyrodiil for at least 3 minutes after they log out. This way they aren't forced to queue back in when it's the game that's at fault.

Thank you for reading. And as Filthy Frank once said: "This is not okay. This needs to stop now."

Edited by Iink on October 5, 2016 1:06AM
  • americansteel
    americansteel
    ✭✭✭✭
    its beyond pathetic
    NO LONGER PLAYING ESO

POOR SERVER PERFORMANCE
    LAG
    LOAD SCREENS
    DONE
  • NovaShadow
    NovaShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a feature.

You never know when the load screen boss will get you but when he does he gets you good.
    PC NA - EPHS
  • imnotanother
    imnotanother
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are great for when you need that time to fold laundry, do the dishes, or even take nap.
    Edited by imnotanother on July 4, 2016 4:28AM
    PS4: NA - AD PSN: imnotanother (Artell Lyeselle)
    Stamina NightBlade 810+ CP - PvP/Trials/Dungeon Ready
  • Pomaikai
    Pomaikai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a combination of lack of bandwidth and server horsepower on ZOS's end. From what I can tell, they're just too cheap to fix it. Those loading screens equal bonuses for upper management coming in under budget.
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree it is beyond pathetic. However, you are preaching to the deaf ears of ZOS My opinion is they have let the PvP game performance deteriorate to the point that it is beyond recovery. But they are not going to come out and say that. Instead they pass the buck and state check your addon's, or check your internet connection or check your computer and make sure it meets minimum requirements to play the game. They know full well the problem is and always has been on their end.
  • ConeOfSilence
    ConeOfSilence
    ✭✭✭✭
    Must be frustrating for you console users
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its sad really I play The Division little to no issues, Elite Dangerous other than the UI is a bit laggy( could be my controller breaking) no game gives me as much problem as ESO does so whats the problem the games Ive mentioned are newer games. Is it ESO servers maybe but unlikely is the game just not optimized for consoles probably so whats the problem why do I even care I'm on the fence about leaving this game if I get my hands on a Fer-de-Lance in Elite Dangerous yeah bye bye.
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RebornV3x wrote: »
    Its sad really I play The Division little to no issues, Elite Dangerous other than the UI is a bit laggy( could be my controller breaking) no game gives me as much problem as ESO does so whats the problem the games Ive mentioned are newer games. Is it ESO servers maybe but unlikely is the game just not optimized for consoles probably so whats the problem why do I even care I'm on the fence about leaving this game if I get my hands on a Fer-de-Lance in Elite Dangerous yeah bye bye.

Agreed, I wait Conan Exiles like next Jesus.
  • jello
    jello
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sad thing is, they leave us ps4 players 3 weeks with a payed, unplayable game.
    Dunmer - Nightblade
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Must be frustrating for you console users

I've actually seen just one infini-load screen. Other then that I rarely have problems in the Base PvE zones and Cyrodiil. All this crap only really happens to me in the other DLC zones.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • TARAFRAKA
    TARAFRAKA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the middle of a full defense tonight, the enemy breached the inner door and....half the group hit load screens and the other half disconnected. Needless to say, we lost the keep. To add insult to injury, it booted us to random places when we all logged back in. It's a nightmare 0/10 would not recommend to friends. Not even enemies.
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny thing (no not really) is that i have exactly the same problem on PC. Every time im in group in Cyro there is a big chance ill get this long loading screen after tp to location or rez after death. My computer is practically idle - checked it on manager, my drive is not working, its just waiting for dark gods know what. And its the only MMO game i see that problem. On top of lag and other problems in Pvp which name is legion this is the last straw for me.
  • Dral_Shady
    Dral_Shady
    ✭✭✭
    Yup the same thing on pc and happens all the time. Its breaks up groups and really ruins the strategic part of pvp if you cant expect people to ress right away and move as a group. sometimes we need to wait 10+ min before we can get the group back together and people gets annoyed and just logs of. Its really a gamebreaker in pvp atm.
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why im runing solo in cyro for the last year. I would love to run in big groups sometimes, but loading screens just make it impossible. Im not waiting 5+min everytime i die or want to turn in a quest. So i solo all the time, atleast then loads are under 30 sec.
  • Iink
    Iink
    ✭✭✭✭
    ku5h wrote: »
    This is why im runing solo in cyro for the last year. I would love to run in big groups sometimes, but loading screens just make it impossible. Im not waiting 5+min everytime i die or want to turn in a quest. So i solo all the time, atleast then loads are under 30 sec.

It shouldn't have to be like this
  • XaXa
    XaXa
    ✭✭✭✭
    In general the entire game is at an unacceptable state.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To play devil's advocate everyone's remarks would carry extra weight if a monthly fee to play was still required.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Crowzer
    Crowzer
    ✭✭✭
    You need to get an ESO+ suscription to reduce the loading by 90%.
    Edited by Crowzer on July 5, 2016 8:47AM
  • Smileybones
    Smileybones
    ✭✭✭✭
    XaXa wrote: »

We clearly aren't playing the same game.
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I remember how they finally fixed the loading screens in November 2015 or so. Everyone was so happy (also because Wrobel finally joined the forums at the same day). We thought they were finally getting their stuff together and fixing the game's issues one by one.

A few months later and the loading screens are broken again. And a lot of other, newly broken stuff together with old bugs.

ZoS, the ultimate troll :trollface:
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Players can stay in Cyrodiil more than 3 minutes when logged out except when the campaign is level capped. They it removes logged out players to make room for obvious reasons. This should happen regardless of how long the player has been logged out.
  • Iink
    Iink
    ✭✭✭✭
    Players can stay in Cyrodiil more than 3 minutes when logged out except when the campaign is level capped. They it removes logged out players to make room for obvious reasons. This should happen regardless of how long the player has been logged out.

If a group leader get's disconnected because of a fault on the game's end, it's not fair to kick them out of Cyrodiil and making them wait on the queue unable to lead the group for that time. Group members start to leave.
  • Solid_Metal
    Solid_Metal
    ✭✭✭✭
    XaXa wrote: »

are you even playing the game?
    "i will walk through the fog, as i welcome death"
  • mistermutiny89
    mistermutiny89
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are their servers outsourced?? Sorry for the noobish question but if they are wouldn't ZoS want to find a new server farm??
    Guild Leader : Defenders Of Miley
    XB1 EU
    EP | VR16 Breton NB -mistermutiny
    AD | VR16 Dunmer DK - Grigori
    AD | VR16 Altmer Sorcerer - Isvoleet
    AD | VR16 Imperial DK - Leonidas
    AD | VR16 Bosmer NB - Hood
    AD | VR16 Breton Templar - Dante
    AD | VR16 Redguard Sorcerer - Raiden
    AD | VR7 Khajiit Templar - Ike'ilyew
    DC | 160 Breton NB - Vergil

"Hmmm... Very convincing.. Does the illusion apply to.. Everywhere? Perhaps this one should have a moment alone in private to double check" - Razum'Dar
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I came to this realization a couple of months ago. The real question is, what should we play instead? Before people suggest overwatch or division, I mean what other mmorpg, like eso, is out there to play instead. I've been reading a lot about how the mmorpg genre has been dying. I haven't found anything that will be coming out in all of 2016 and 2017 that is like eso. BDO is the closest thing, but the game is pay to win.
  • Solid_Metal
    Solid_Metal
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pandorii wrote: »
    I came to this realization a couple of months ago. The real question is, what should we play instead? Before people suggest overwatch or division, I mean what other mmorpg, like eso, is out there to play instead. I've been reading a lot about how the mmorpg genre has been dying. I haven't found anything that will be coming out in all of 2016 and 2017 that is like eso. BDO is the closest thing, but the game is pay to win.

believe me when i say this...but theres none, at least so far theres none thats as good as ESO, i lay my eyes on chamelot unchained, but its game designer Mark Jacobs have a very bad past on game designing, i also have interest on Pantheon, but its another tab targeting game, i believe it'll unique experience, its game from the original dev of EQ , but i'm afraid, i can't go back to tab targeting MMO
    Edited by Solid_Metal on July 6, 2016 6:17AM
    "i will walk through the fog, as i welcome death"
  • Iink
    Iink
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pandorii wrote: »

I don't think I'm ready to quit eso, but PVP on the otherhand I might have to
  • Reapor
    Reapor
    ✭✭✭
    I dont get them at all on pc aside from every now and again in ghratwood, the only thing i can put it down to is ESO is way more CPU intensive then it is GPU and the ps4 and xbox have a crappy notebook cpu.

Honestly i think the PS4.5 may solve the issue when it comes out.

Edit, Then again generally loading screens are to load assets to the ram/Vram so idk.
    Edited by Reapor on July 7, 2016 1:40AM
  • Neirymn
    Neirymn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reapor wrote: »
    I dont get them at all on pc aside from every now and again in ghratwood, the only thing i can put it down to is ESO is way more CPU intensive then it is GPU and the ps4 and xbox have a crappy notebook cpu.

Honestly i think the PS4.5 may solve the issue when it comes out.

Edit, Then again generally loading screens are to load assets to the ram/Vram so idk.

PS4.5, @Reapor ?

EDIT: Nvm, I've done my homework. ;)
    Edited by Neirymn on July 7, 2016 3:16AM
  • Pomaikai
    Pomaikai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been piddling around in Project Gorgon, which is an indie developer MMO that's still in Alpha. It's different and unique, with a totally different take on leveling, skills, and crafting than anything else I've ever encountered. But it's still very much an Alpha release, and the dialogue writing is amateurish at best. But man, there's a lot of potential there, and it is FAR from easy mode. The grind there is real.

Pantheon looks very cool, especially for us old school EverQuest fans. So much nostalgia tossed in with new ideas. I really hope this one gets out of closed Alpha and we really get to play it.

As a Mac user, my choices are even more limited, so while I'm more than extremely PO'd at ZOS right now, I'm kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place when it comes to MMO alternatives. I'll happily take suggestions!