The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Enough is enough, ESO has been out for more 2 years. The PVP loading screens are unacceptable.

• Iink
    Iink
    ✭✭✭✭
    senhavran wrote: »
    Reapor wrote: »
    I dont get them at all on pc aside from every now and again in ghratwood, the only thing i can put it down to is ESO is way more CPU intensive then it is GPU and the ps4 and xbox have a crappy notebook cpu.

Honestly i think the PS4.5 may solve the issue when it comes out.

Edit, Then again generally loading screens are to load assets to the ram/Vram so idk.

PS4.5, @Reapor ?

EDIT: Nvm, I've done my homework. ;)

It's the half gen next playstation console

anyway I get these issues on PC
  • Pomaikai
    Pomaikai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A faster PS4 won't help their pitiful servers and their lack of bandwidth they're willing to pay for each month.
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People need to accept that pvp is not going to get any better. I am not saying you have to like it but it is the truth of the matter.
    I didn't choose tank life, tank life chose me.
  • SlayerTheDragon
    SlayerTheDragon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got these loading screens for the first time ever last night on Blackwater. This game is degrading so fast now.

RIP
    ¤═══¤ People don't like it when you talk to them with your weapon drawn ¤═══¤
  • CherryCake
    CherryCake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Waiting for the ZOS SJW to come and defend the loading screens with some bs of an excuse...
    I like sweetrolls and I cannot lie
  • shauny.gibbsb16_ESO
    One of the guys that often runs pvp groups now explains that he'll ride to most fights rather than port closer via an owned keep just to ignore the loading screens of Death.

When I die and clearly wont get a rez I'll force close the window as soon as the screen pops up, it's a lot faster.
  • autumnrheaub17_ESO
    autumnrheaub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I have been having severe loading screens since the DB update, they have always been bad in Cyrodiil, but I can't ride my horse through Riften to the wayshrine without being thrown into a loading screen...the problem is 10 fold in Cyrodiil, I get thrown in a loading screen repairing a keep wall, riding my mount, and then there's the dreaded 10 minute loading screen you encounter with any transitioning...everyone is complaining about it..it needs to be TOP PRIORITY before any new content is added to the game. I love ESO but when I spend more time in loading screens than playing the game...it needs to be fixed..NOW! I pay to play, and that's exactly what I want to do..play~
  • Bonzodog01
    Bonzodog01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been having severe loading screens since the DB update, they have always been bad in Cyrodiil, but I can't ride my horse through Riften to the wayshrine without being thrown into a loading screen...the problem is 10 fold in Cyrodiil, I get thrown in a loading screen repairing a keep wall, riding my mount, and then there's the dreaded 10 minute loading screen you encounter with any transitioning...everyone is complaining about it..it needs to be TOP PRIORITY before any new content is added to the game. I love ESO but when I spend more time in loading screens than playing the game...it needs to be fixed..NOW! I pay to play, and that's exactly what I want to do..play~

Just a question - Have you got a lot of Quests in your logs?

If so, I suggest you try clearing some out, delete anything you don't intend to do in the near future, any outstanding cyrodiil bounties or any undaunted pledges. Make your quest list less than 10.

Then, try running around a bit. You might find the loading screens are less, and so is the lag.
    Xbox One - EU - EP/DC
    Trying and failing to hold the walls of his Templar house up since 2015
  • FortheloveofKrist
    FortheloveofKrist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Must be frustrating for you console users

Nope. Just some people. I'm on console and PvE and PvP both run fine. (Except for that stuttery Wrothgar business)

• mihaiisraging
    mihaiisraging
    ✭✭✭
    Stop bothering guys, hamsters ran out of food
  • Iink
    Iink
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is still happening, and it's not okay
  • Brightxdawn
    Brightxdawn
    ✭✭✭
    Agree. Loading screens are horrible and the LAG is embarrassing. Not sure how they can get away this.
  • sirrmattus
    sirrmattus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happens when you zerg
    Ebonheart Pact - North American Server
    - THE MORALES -
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "For your viewing pleasure, today's Load Screen brought to you by Molog Bal and.........."
    1055yqv.jpg
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't know why the OP is complaining about... the 10 mins of waiting time was actually quite relaxing considering the fact that the music is quite smoothing. I actually liked it. If only it was given with much desire respect that it deserves.

Its by far better than listening to a Sprint store on hold music
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU6LoWIMdlA
  • Sirvandal
    Sirvandal
    ✭✭✭
    I have never loading screens. Some add-ons create the loadscreens. I only run AUI and never have a problem.
    Edited by Sirvandal on August 3, 2016 8:01AM
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know why the OP is complaining about... the 10 mins of waiting time was actually quite relaxing considering the fact that the music is quite smoothing. I actually liked it. If only it was given with much desire respect that it deserves.

Its by far better than listening to a Sprint store on hold music
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU6LoWIMdlA

Is there anyway to make an add-on that plays the sprint music during all loading screens? That would be a must-have for me.
  • Volrion
    Volrion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iink wrote: »
    Pandorii wrote: »
    I came to this realization a couple of months ago. The real question is, what should we play instead? Before people suggest overwatch or division, I mean what other mmorpg, like eso, is out there to play instead. I've been reading a lot about how the mmorpg genre has been dying. I haven't found anything that will be coming out in all of 2016 and 2017 that is like eso. BDO is the closest thing, but the game is pay to win.

I don't think I'm ready to quit eso, but PVP on the otherhand I might have to

Yeah I quit PVP... Waiting to test battlegrounds/arena.

I'll run dungeons for a while till I get bored and log off for a few months just like I did about 10 months ago.

(Took a 6 months hiatus and came back just before DB).

PVP is the core of this game for most people. I really hope they figure it out.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I came to this realization a couple of months ago. The real question is, what should we play instead? Before people suggest overwatch or division, I mean what other mmorpg, like eso, is out there to play instead. I've been reading a lot about how the mmorpg genre has been dying. I haven't found anything that will be coming out in all of 2016 and 2017 that is like eso. BDO is the closest thing, but the game is pay to win.

Yep it was time to move on so its good to stay aware of things by means of the forum and I'll log in and take peeks but I actually decided to take a break from MMO's as a whole.

Fallout 4, Ark Survival, something new are getting my attention
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I came to this realization a couple of months ago. The real question is, what should we play instead? Before people suggest overwatch or division, I mean what other mmorpg, like eso, is out there to play instead.

That's just a fancier Team Fortress 2 clone though. And The Division sadly doesn't have Cat People. :'(
    Edited by ArchMikem on August 3, 2016 10:59AM
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Thornen
    Thornen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whats worse than the load screens is the time spent waiting on maintenance that will never fix the load screens cause zos are hopeless.
  • Wycks
    Wycks
    ✭✭✭✭
    The developers should be embarrassed that this is still a thing.
    The numbers thing is always going to be there, but it’s more down to player skill and there are ways through ability choice to configure a group to be stronger vs. large groups of people. - BRAIN WHEELER - 2012 - LOL
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought a reduce lag crate from the crown store. Only 5000 crowns limited time only. Get yours while you can.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got stuck in an infinite loading screen in Shadowfen trying to enter the Temple of Sul.
  • Iink
    Iink
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm still getting this crap
  • Lifecode666
    Lifecode666
    ✭✭✭
    Agree. So many i played with left cause of this.
    Up the hornz
  • NoMoreChillies
    NoMoreChillies
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bonzodog01 wrote: »

If so, I suggest you try clearing some out, delete anything you don't intend to do in the near future, any outstanding cyrodiil bounties or any undaunted pledges. Make your quest list less than 10.

Then, try running around a bit. You might find the loading screens are less, and so is the lag.

This
    Insulting people on the internet is cowardly.
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pomaikai wrote: »
    It's a combination of lack of bandwidth and server horsepower on ZOS's end. From what I can tell, they're just too cheap to fix it. Those loading screens equal bonuses for upper management coming in under budget.

Got proof or is this an assumption?
  • SlayerTheDragon
    SlayerTheDragon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bonzodog01 wrote: »

This

@NoMoreChillies seriously?
    ¤═══¤ People don't like it when you talk to them with your weapon drawn ¤═══¤
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although I agree with your frustration, you are preaching to the choir. There are hundreds of posts on this very subject and other isues associated with Cyrodiil throughout the forums. If you are waiting on a comment from ZOS forget it. If I recall correctly the only comment that was ever provided by ZOS concerning the many issues associated with Cyrodiil was "We are working on it". That comment was made a long time ago.