The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Enough is enough, ESO has been out for more 2 years. The PVP loading screens are unacceptable.

• Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Accept the fact that ESO is a broken product that most likely will never get fixed or just move on to a game that has (more) capable developers.
  • Drakoleon
    Drakoleon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zeni's director claimed that the game is optimized "server side" and LAG is not an issue!!!!! They are working on the "launcher side" .............. Ι canceled my sub..... and wait!
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Long loading screens that sometimes lead to login timeouts are not unique to Cyrodiil. Some of the other areas have them as well, especially the ones containing home alliance capital cities, like Deshaan. This is most likely due to population limits that can be supported in each area at a given time. For example porting to or close to the wayshrine in the center of Mournhold when a lot of players are there - and they usually are because there are a lot of guild kiosks, crafting benches and it's also close the the Undaunted Enclave - you get a 2-5 minutes loading screen and then a timeout disconnection. If I port to a wayshrine that is further to the city and ride to it I have no such problems. Such problems are also non-existent in less populated areas, like Cadwell's silver & gold, or in less populated PvP campaigns like Spell Breaker.

Probably each server is divided into multiple areas that correspond to areas in each zone. I assume that each alliance zone and each PvP campaign corresponds to a server in the cluster, and when you pass/port from one to another your connection is ported to the respective server. Porting to a server or server area that is full or almost full results in queuing. In Cyrodiil campaigns this queue is explicit, but for other zones, as well as areas in each zone it's hidden from the end user. Users that "ride" or "walk" in to the area have probably higher priority then those who simply port, for smoothness purposes. I have encountered such problem though. For example the horse being stuck riding at an invisible wall near the Mournhold Undaunted enclave for a few seconds, with the next area untextured and depopulated. Or using critical charge at a mob/player in Cyrodiil, then going in an area that wasn't properly loaded and falling endlessly trough the terrain, to the same spot and dying; this happens more often in campaigns near or at locked population. That's why riding in Mournhold or a keep area in Cyrodiil doesn't often result in long loading screens (timeout) and disconnects, but porting to a wayshrine or a keep trough the transitus (really the same thing) does.

I guess they are going to the One Tamriel in order to better allocate server resources. They will have the resources that are currently allocated in 3 instances of the same zone (alliance, Cadwell's silver & gold) to the same zone now. Maybe they will get some of the leftover space and supplement the space for Cyrodiil campaigns as well, since they are so many complains. So the lag and long loading screen problem will be alleviated or even eliminated. Why they haven't done it earlier? Probably because the game engine could not manage the disk space & memory space required for rendering so many player characters. That doesn't mean that the change won't introduce other bugs, or exacerbate the lag problem due to server side bandwidth issues, if they increase population limits for campaigns.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    One Tamriel is nothing more than a consolidation of low population zones/servers under the guise of catering to Skyrim Casu-Els.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand how One Tamriel caters to the "casuals" especially, and the population will actually get higher not lower in all PvE areas due to this change, because all the players in the "gold" and "silver" from the other alliances - which have indeed low populations - will be on the same server as the titular alliance players - alliance areas are quite populated, especially the starter one, the one that contains the capital and sometimes even the last one. I don't really know what "casual" means. Frankly I don't even know what most people in this game do, since I only interact to a small portion of them. My guilds are quite active, and the zone chat is quite active as well in the capital areas. This is my 1st MMO, but I've played 3 other single player games in the Elder Scrolls series in the last 13 years. It was the lore that brought me here, but I've played quite hard since I joined. The only content I haven't tried yet is veteran trials. There are players who are connected less than I am, but they go mostly into those.
    Edited by Asardes on September 7, 2016 10:02AM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • Iink
    Iink
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is still a problem. It needs to be fixed, it's not acceptable.
  • Volrion
    Volrion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Palidon wrote: »
    Although I agree with your frustration, you are preaching to the choir. There are hundreds of posts on this very subject and other isues associated with Cyrodiil throughout the forums. If you are waiting on a comment from ZOS forget it. If I recall correctly the only comment that was ever provided by ZOS concerning the many issues associated with Cyrodiil was "We are working on it". That comment was made a long time ago.

:(
    Edited by Volrion on October 1, 2016 7:33AM
  • Iink
    Iink
    ✭✭✭✭
    nordsavage wrote: »
    People need to accept that pvp is not going to get any better. I am not saying you have to like it but it is the truth of the matter.

The state it's in though is unacceptable and unplayable when there are loading screens.
    Although I agree with your frustration, you are preaching to the choir. There are hundreds of posts on this very subject and other isues associated with Cyrodiil throughout the forums. If you are waiting on a comment from ZOS forget it. If I recall correctly the only comment that was ever provided by ZOS concerning the many issues associated with Cyrodiil was "We are working on it". That comment was made a long time ago.

That's really shadey of them
  • NoMoreChillies
    NoMoreChillies
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enough is Enough
    Its been 2 years and you still cant find the PVP forum to create PVP threads in?
    Insulting people on the internet is cowardly.
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not going to lie. Never had this issue in the few times I PVP'd.
  • PrinceBoru
    PrinceBoru
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad to read this.
    I quit playing months ago.
    I was correct in thinking this game's tech debt is irrevocable.
    I won't waste any more time with this mess.

p.s. Overwatch is a blast.
    It ain't easy being green.
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PrinceBoru wrote: »
    I'm glad to read this.

And yet you feel your opinion means anything to us anymore. If you haven't played in months, go away and leave us be - you don't matter anymore.

p.s. overwatch is just sad.
  • Soundwave
    Soundwave
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't deal with it anymore, 5 to 6 crashes a day, load screen in the middle of battlefield, loading to open a door to the keep. I love the game, but bf1 drops in less than a month. So soon ill be gone for a while. Maybe it'll be fix, probably not tho.
  • PrinceBoru
    PrinceBoru
    ✭✭✭✭

Your credibility is now less than zero.

It ain't easy being green.
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    PrinceBoru wrote: »
    I'm glad to read this.

And yet you feel your opinion means anything to us anymore. If you haven't played in months, go away and leave us be - you don't matter anymore.

Personal taste aside, Overwatch is a finely crafted game running on a finely crafted engine sporting a finely crafted balance and receiving a lot of love and understanding from the developers to further improve this finely crafted experience.

None of this really applies to ESO.

Disclaimer: I don't like, play or own Overwatch.
  • Dread_Viking
    Dread_Viking
    ✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    To play devil's advocate everyone's remarks would carry extra weight if a monthly fee to play was still required.

i would pay a monthly fee for them to fix it ohh wait i already am ESO+
    Don't worry girl I'm a Sorcerer, i got my Hardened Ward for protection
  • LegendaryArcher
    LegendaryArcher
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pandorii wrote: »
    I've been reading a lot about how the mmorpg genre has been dying. I haven't found anything that will be coming out in all of 2016 and 2017 that is like eso. BDO is the closest thing, but the game is pay to win.

BDO: You can buy BiS stuff. But how is it P2W? Ghillie suit in PvP? There are tons of ways to make money. The richest people in game are actually crafters who have built up their crafting empires. You prefer farming? Great! There is a "bad luck protection" implemented in game. Not getting a certain item steadily increases its drop chance with every roll. Gold selling exists in both ESO and BDO and, surely, only a negligible minority buys gold. Furthermore, other than in ESO, BDO actually bans people participating in those activities. A friend of mine bought items for real money on EpicNPC. Apparently they had someone looking through the threads there and were able to track down the time of transaction to his account. Banned permanently! No BS, no unbanning.

ESO: BiS stuff (vMA weapons) has been handed out like candy for a few months to the best players, then gated behind impossible RNG odds for the rest of the community and new players. No matter the effort, you won't get the weapon(s) you're looking for. But you get to watch a bunch of other competitive players use them who got them when they were easy to get with much better RNG. You can buy and sell gold for real money as much as you want. ZOS doesn't care. Many trade guild owners make a decent living in real life off their trading guilds - and ZOS doesn't care to ban them because ... reasons. Don't even get me started on cheat engine.

And regarding the rest - graphics, lore, lag - BDO is much more stable and beautiful. The only reason anyone would choose ESO over BDO is either someone who is a huge fan of the Elder Scrolls lore (like me) or has no idea what he's talking about when it comes to BDO.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates
  • Ilmarthethief
    Ilmarthethief
    ✭✭✭
    Pandorii wrote: »
    I've been reading a lot about how the mmorpg genre has been dying. I haven't found anything that will be coming out in all of 2016 and 2017 that is like eso. BDO is the closest thing, but the game is pay to win.

BDO: You can buy BiS stuff. But how is it P2W? Ghillie suit in PvP? There are tons of ways to make money. The richest people in game are actually crafters who have built up their crafting empires. You prefer farming? Great! There is a "bad luck protection" implemented in game. Not getting a certain item steadily increases its drop chance with every roll. Gold selling exists in both ESO and BDO and, surely, only a negligible minority buys gold. Furthermore, other than in ESO, BDO actually bans people participating in those activities. A friend of mine bought items for real money on EpicNPC. Apparently they had someone looking through the threads there and were able to track down the time of transaction to his account. Banned permanently! No BS, no unbanning.

ESO: BiS stuff (vMA weapons) has been handed out like candy for a few months to the best players, then gated behind impossible RNG odds for the rest of the community and new players. No matter the effort, you won't get the weapon(s) you're looking for. But you get to watch a bunch of other competitive players use them who got them when they were easy to get with much better RNG. You can buy and sell gold for real money as much as you want. ZOS doesn't care. Many trade guild owners make a decent living in real life off their trading guilds - and ZOS doesn't care to ban them because ... reasons. Don't even get me started on cheat engine.

And regarding the rest - graphics, lore, lag - BDO is much more stable and beautiful. The only reason anyone would choose ESO over BDO is either someone who is a huge fan of the Elder Scrolls lore (like me) or has no idea what he's talking about when it comes to BDO.

leymwyW.png
    When it comes to PVP discussion TESO is always compared with some korean, hm... OK, lets call it games. First Archeage, now BDO... I suppose you just leave the game you loathe and will not create mindless threads on forums.
    PS: you can discuss lags with EVE Online players, they will definitely listen to you and will give you a hug.
    Edited by Ilmarthethief on October 3, 2016 10:50AM
  • LegendaryArcher
    LegendaryArcher
    ✭✭✭✭
    When it comes to PVP discussion TESO is always compared with some korean, hm... OK, lets call it games. First Archeage, now BDO... I suppose you just leave the game you loathe and will not create mindless threads on forums.
    PS: you can discuss lags with EVE Online players, they will definitely listen to you and will give you a hug.

@Ilmarthethief Your argument(s)? I'm assuming you think I and the other 50+ ex-ESO players in my BDO guild are wrong based on the meme. Where exactly?
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates
  • Ilmarthethief
    Ilmarthethief
    ✭✭✭

@Ilmarthethief Your argument(s)? I'm assuming you think I and the other 50+ ex-ESO players in my BDO guild are wrong based on the meme. Where exactly?

Just enjoy your new home and leave TESO alone. Please.
    Really, I can't understand how it is even possible to compare BDO and TESO. BDO is mindless grindfest (as almost every korean game in this part of the universe) with P2W in its worst state. Like it? That's great! The only question is what you did in TESO for such a long time?
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ive been bored the last couple weeks waiting for the update, so i subbed for a month of wow. I know, i know. Had not in played forever and a day. But i figured what the heck, i could use an action combat break.

While i know the games are on completely different graphical levels, it is going to hard to give up 5-10 second load screens. ESOs are long enough everytime you get a load screen you have to wonder if you are stuck.
    Edited by vyndral13preub18_ESO on October 3, 2016 11:24AM
  • DurzoBlint13
    DurzoBlint13
    ✭✭✭✭
    that load screen boss is responsible for more deaths (and anger) in this game than all other bosses and mechanics put together
  • AnviOfVai
    AnviOfVai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    THANK YOU. honestly I am so glad you took the time to wrote this forum up, I was so close to writing one last night but decided against it. But you are in the right 100%

I have actually thought about telling ESO to take the game down for a month and fix all these problems. None of them are getting fixed because more are being generated. Its becoming absolutely disgraceful for such a high ranking game to get into this state. Yes MMOS are hard work, they are never stable but they don't have problems that have been in the game for over 2 years.. I love ESO I still do, but I am kicked from the servers constantly. I have freezing screens, I LAG horribly and I am sure everyone else has had this problem. The game is not improving, in fact its getting worse.

In fact if a Poll got put up to shut ESO down for a month so they can fix their issues I would sign it instantly. Imagine the great things this game COULD become. Do something about it.

"I appear at my lord's behest, or perhaps I was always here, and you merely lacked the ability to see me."

PS4 - EU

AD - Pet Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - 160
    DC - Warden - Werewolf - in - progress - 160
    DC - Templar - Tank - 160
    DC - Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - in - progress
    EP - Dragon Knight -Fire Tank - 160
    EP - Nightblade - Damage Dealer - 160

• Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You would think with all the down time for maintenance that EOS has they would of by now got their crap together. There is a word that comes to mind which sums up the Cyrodiil issues and other game issues with ESO. It's called INCOMPETENT.
  • SlayerTheDragon
    SlayerTheDragon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is probably the worst bug in the game.

At this point, if I don't load in after 4 seconds it is much quicker to Alt+F4 and relog.

How do these random 10 minute loading screens still exist? FFS.
    ¤═══¤ People don't like it when you talk to them with your weapon drawn ¤═══¤
  • AnviOfVai
    AnviOfVai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im guessing this is happening on all platforms then? PS4 has it bad D:
    "I appear at my lord's behest, or perhaps I was always here, and you merely lacked the ability to see me."

PS4 - EU

AD - Pet Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - 160
    DC - Warden - Werewolf - in - progress - 160
    DC - Templar - Tank - 160
    DC - Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - in - progress
    EP - Dragon Knight -Fire Tank - 160
    EP - Nightblade - Damage Dealer - 160

• Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, I only PvP on less populated campaigns, like Ebony Blade (EU-PC) because I don't like waiting and I prefer small scale to wholesale zerging. I've seen that most people go on Trueflame, which is pop-locked all the time, has 40-50 wait queue that takes 30 minutes and is laggy as hell. The fighting there is erratic, and once connected I indeed experienced lag and load screens in battle. On Ebony Blade those issues are not encountered most of the times - wait time is the default 1 minute, and you have no lag, no loading time for keeps, no random crashes and disconnects. The absolute AP number is not important for the end campaign prizes once you hit tier 3 at 100K, and to get the gold stuff you only have to reach the top 3% relative to other players. If you're a good player you can reach that top 3% regardless of the absolute score, which will be slightly smaller on less populated campaigns. So unless aiming strictly for raw AP gain going to zerg filled laggy campaigns makes no sense.

TL:DR If you don't like the lag and load screens, simply change your home campaign.

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • JaJaLuka
    JaJaLuka
    ✭✭✭✭
    It seems for me the only time I get loading screens like this is when a group I am running with ports to a keep. I tried waiting until everyone else's tags had reached the keep before I ported myself and have never hit one of them again since then.
    I think the server just can't handle that many people travelling to the same place at once (old news).
    Krojick, DC Sorc PC NA
    Milámber, EP Sorc PC NA
    Brunack, EP DK PC NA
    General Mark Shephard, EP Temp PC NA (Worst temp NA XD )
    Krojick Nightblade, DC NB PC NA
    Others...
  • Iink
    Iink
    ✭✭✭✭
    You would think with all the down time for maintenance that EOS has they would of by now got their crap together. There is a word that comes to mind which sums up the Cyrodiil issues and other game issues with ESO. It's called INCOMPETENT.

What's messed is that they had the time to remove this: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/261366/in-memory-of-the-best-glitch-in-eso-sadly-the-get-out-of-map-glitch-in-the-rift-has-been-patched/p1

There was zero demand for that fun glitch to be removed, it didn't even impede the game.

Yet they don't have the time to fix loading screens, wich is actually impeding the game and has high demand to fix.
  • Zouni
    Zouni
    ✭✭✭
    I mean seriously..how can ZOS be advertising new game DLCs when this crap is not yet resolved!! Fix it already!!!
    Nyxtes - NB
    Nyxta - Sorc
    Mastrofonoss - DK
    Gr Blue - Temp