The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Matt Firor's Message from BE3"

• Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES! YES! No more having to scrounge up people to do the few difficult veteran world bosses! This'll be a big boon to roleplayers too I imagine, I'm looking forward to this!
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This sounds pretty awesome.

I'm confused about how some of it works still but that will all be cleared up over the next months I guess. I was quite happy with SWTOR doing fully scaled zones even when players were levelled down, mostly because I could go back to low level zones which looked awesome and just enjoy the planets again.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seems only I didn't understand what One Tamriel means. especially for pvp.
    Edited by Cinbri on June 13, 2016 7:30AM
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Seems only I didn't understand what One Tamriel means. especially for pvp.

Nothing changes for PvP. Cyrodiil and Imperial City stay the way they are.

Player characters are essentially neutral. They're not part of any army or groups (except guilds and the more or less ad-hoc membership in groups such as the Eyes of the Queen, if you choose so).

Only in Cyrodiil you're taking sides, which is what you decide by picking your home during character creation.
  • Woenprom
    Woenprom
    ✭✭✭
    over the course of the summer and into the fall

That means no next DLC untill X-mas at best.

For me it's good, I might finally catch-up and finish them all.
    " Multiplayer? M'aiq does not know this word. You wish others to help you in your quest? Coward! "
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wonder if this is why we had a server stress test couple weeks back. see if each zone can handle every faction combined, and how much they would need to upgrade the servers

My biggest concern actually. Will this create more lag in PVE? We'll just have to wait and see I guess...
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kinda wished that ZOS will go towards bringing faction pride back not that they end the Three Banners War!
    Some men just want to watch the world burn... I just want a cold beer!
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is very good news for me! This is what I expected from an Elder Scrolls MMO and even if it is a bit late I'm very happy to finally get it.

I already have at least one character in each Alliance but it will be nice to be able to move them around instead of trying to decide between playing the character I feel like playing or the zone I feel like playing in too. It will be really nice for RP too.

I'm unclear on some of the details of how it will work, particularly the level scaling and gear/drops, but I assume that will become clear soon, or at the latest when this gets to the PTS.

Overall though I think it's great news. Maybe not new content in the strictest sense but this will open up a lot more for me to do.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was news? I thought it was a commercial so I skipped over it.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    So... if I'm understanding this properly... there's no longer a reason to buy the "Any Race, Any Alliance" pack?

If you want to fight for blue in Cyrodiil with a Dark Elf...
    So basically only PVPers need bother about it any more .. great.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, basically, we get level scaling everywhere and there's no point in leveling up as you can go anywhere and do anything at level 1 because you'll be upscaled to CPxxx.

Sadly, unlike Oblivion and Skyrim there's no possibility of someone producing a mod to remove this crap.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arato wrote: »
    Honestly, even that's a little messy, I'd have preferred it if it were:

0: Iron
    15: Steel
    30: Orichalcum
    40: Dwarven
    50: Ebony

Agreed. There should have never been anything more powerful than Ebony, yet it is the most useless ore in the whole game.
    To streamline the whole progression system into skills and the champion system would make a lot of sense with this change - instead of giving out attribute points per level we could just increase set bonus and enchantment bonuses (there are only 2 attribute builds anyway, max magicka or max stamina), and give some skill points every other champion rank.

How gear and loot will work with these changes is really the #1 question I have. I fear max level characters will simply get downscaled to the lower level zones, and only find low level loot there. Loot has to scale to my character everywhere, or there will still be no point in doing lower level zones ... which means there is actually no freedom, because if you do Alik'r and Bangkorai first and then go back to Glenumbra, you'd only find trash loot.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dhukath wrote: »
    So is this a reason to go back and complete any quests in lower level zones as with 'battle-levelling' all xp gains will now count towards CP i.e. currently only xp from quests as over levelled 50 in a 10 zone, in the future xp from mobs, quests dolmens etc.

Actually, I think this is the reason why they are going this way. So that you can go back to starter zones, do a Dolmen or public dungeon you might have missed and still get the XP.
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • SlayerTheDragon
    SlayerTheDragon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try this, take a level 3 and go fight stuff in any DLC zone. IT SUCKS.

Oh, and I guess this means no Battle Grounds again...
    Edited by SlayerTheDragon on June 13, 2016 8:32AM
    ¤═══¤ People don't like it when you talk to them with your weapon drawn ¤═══¤
  • VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a bit disappointed that they didn't hint at any new content. :( Murkmire, Clockwork City, Mephala's Realm, Vvardenfell, housing, barbers' shops, spellcrafting?

On the other hand, One Tamriel is a good thing, as it will help me play more easily with friends, and ensure that we don't out-level ourselves out of some collectible trophies.
    Edited by VerboseQuips on June 13, 2016 9:12AM
    My characters:
    Main and crafter: A Breton magicka templar named Erwann Sorril
    Alt 1: A Bosmer sorcerer named Tuuneleg
    Alt 2: An Imperial dragonknight named Gaius Tullius Hastifer
    Alt 3: An Argonian vampire/nightblade named Observe-le-Xanmeer
    Alt 4: A Nord werewolf/dragonknight named Sigurd Hurlevent
    Alt 5: A Breton sorcerer named Gilian Sorril (he's Erwann's younger brother)
    Alt 6: A Khajiit nightblade named Jolan-dar
    Alt 7: A Nord warden named Sigurmar Hurlevent (he's Sigurd's younger brother)
    Alt 8: An Altmer templar named Oioriel
    Alt 9: An Argonian stamina Warden named Danse-avec-les-Rainettes
    Alt 10: A Redguard templar named Neemokh af-Corelanya
    Alt 11: A Nord stamina sorcerer named Olga Écoute-Vent
    Alt 12: A Breton magicka Warden named Ian Sorril
    Alt 13: A Dunmer magicka necromancer named Ilmoran Dren
    Alt 14: An Orc stamina necromancer named Norgol gro-Borziel
    Alt 15: A Nord magicka necromancer named Thorgen Givresang
    Alt 16: An Imperial magicka dragonknight named Publius Valeirus Hastifer (Just call him "Valerio" - he's Gaius younger troublemaker of a brother)
    Main in NA (For collaborative events): A Breton magicka nightblade named Titouan Sorril (long-lost brother of Erwann and Gilian)
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will be able to play and group with anyone in the game at any time (outside of PvP). No longer will you have to create a lower level character to play with a friend who has just joined the game. You will be able to group and adventure together from the moment your friend emerges from the tutorial.

ZoS - as someone who tries to aid new players/friends - You've just made my day. Nay, week! I will now be able to help them without completely trivialising their content (and hence game experience) in the process.

Thank you.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All Trials and Dungeons will continue with standard and Veteran difficulty modes, and you will have to be Veteran level 50 to play veteran dungeon modes.

;)

I'm personally very excited for this. As a cross faction guild, the split of alliances has always hindered us and now I'm very happy to see we will be able to quest and have events as a complete guild rather than separate faction events! This is a great step!
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Rana1014 wrote: »
    "578 Million Mudcrabs killed"
    b3ca32e49c0e2fd007b4d997e0a21a0e.jpg

That was my first thought as well xD

RIP
    ESO-Pet-Mudcrab.gif
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really like it!
    Finally the cadwell's silver and gold zones won't be such a desolate and sad places... It will be like a breath of life to rather empty zones atm.
  • Djeriko
    Djeriko
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome Ideas For New Stuff!

:/ ....Still haven't fixed lots of the old stuff yet...

*Cough* Dye System *Cough*

But hey lets keep the hype train going for new stuff. Still waiting on the barborshop/appearance change option. It sounds promising @ZOS_MattFiror but with ZOS's track record, no doubt it will be littered with bugs and oversights.

I mean look how long it took ZOS to decide to add armor dyes and then more than a year they discover that they could/should have shield dyes too before implementing it. Also after the DB update I've been seeing way more UI errors than before. No doubt bugs came with that still need polishing.

So once again yep, it's Djeriko. Just here to remind someone on the DEV team to reach out to me and explain or even acknowledge the fact that the new armor from Glass armor to present has incorrectly programmed armor dyes. Still kinda looking forward to the day when I can wear Glass heavy armor that's black instead of grey or red instead of pink. It's just a dream I have...

Also on that topic, why shouldn't I be able to dye my weapons? Initially a dev replied that the reason you didn't want weapon dyes is to not have someone dye their weapon unnatural colors... So a red-bladed sword is natural? Lets just forget that the game takes place in an imaginary world that has magic and think of dyes like paint. If I want all of my weapons silver like most metals should be, let me make my sword silver. If someone wants a pink sword, then let them have it. Not like you aren't forcing people to have pink dyed stuff already! *Cough* Dye System *Cough*

Point being if you have a dye system, then perhaps you should be smart enough to let the players select a color and expect to get the same dye in response. Also if you are SO against unnatural weapon dye colors, then maybe you should be smart enough to regulate some dyes to only work on weapons and some not work on weapons.

Just a suggestion. But hey once again, good work on the new ideas!
    "When in doubt, kill it with fire."
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Short little talk with a player in another thread but I wanted to quote our posts here in hopes they get some developer attention and maybe spark some creative ideas.
    keybaud wrote: »
    @Turelus

Thanks. I hope they put some work into making the world connect more as most zones only connect to each other via a single road and no other way.

It would be nice with this if the made it truly open world, let people walk into zones by going over mountains or through caves rather than just a single road, or let people swim to a zone across the sea from them such as swimming from Auridon to Greenshade etc.

I just think it would be awesome to be able to fully traverse the world without strict pathways and stuff, and I think maybe O Tamriel would be the perfect opportunity for it.

I desperately hope they don't just open up Alliance Wayshrines at level 1 as it would simply not make any sense to new players, they need some narrative and behind it with some boats or something.

If they do put any effort into the transition making tweaks and additions rater than just throwing the system out without changing zones and things to properly work with it I'll be happy.
    Turelus wrote: »
    I agree.

I would really love to see some micro zones which are designed just for connecting the world. Have some content in them but the main purpose would be just to have some interesting ways of connecting each zone for the first time.

Make it feel like leaving Morrowind and walking to Rivenspire for the first time actually feels like a long epic travel across the lands, where you can find new quests on the way (as you pass through Skyrim etc.)

Some high mountain passes, underground caves etc. Also maybe just offer some boats at each port to connect things faster for players who want to move around quicker with a new character and not spend the time travelling.

Sadly as fantastic as the above would be I am a little worried this will be done as you say and more of a open some shrines. As it would take less development time to achieve.

@Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Great news. Really pleased. Finally opens up the game in the way that everyone I know really wants. I'm super happy!

• Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait so I have a question...

With silver/gold zones removed... how are tiers 6-8 of crafting materials going to be done?

Cause as it is now. Silver zones give Tier 6 for the first 2 zones, tier 7 for the other 3 zones, gold zones give tier 8 for the first 2 zones and tier 9 for the last 3 zones.

But now..

Starter Zones and Auridon/Glenumbra/Stonefalls = Tier 1
    Grahtwood/Stormhaven/Deshaan = Tier 2 (mostly)
    Greenshade/Rivenspire/Shadowfen = Tier 3 (mostly)
    Malabal Tor/Al'Akir/Eastmarch = Tier 4 (mostly)
    Reaper's March/Bangkorai/the Rift = Tier 4 and Tier 5
    Craglorn = Tier 9
    DLC areas and Cyrodiil = Scaling up to tier 10

If for some reason you need Tier 8 material to like, craft armor for a friend.. now you can't get that material without respeccing and reducing your crafting skill to tier 8.

Crafting mats are a mess right now, and will be worse when One Tamriel hits.
  • BlissfulDeluge
    BlissfulDeluge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least this will remove the theme park-feel that some players might have.
    Former completionist with all achievements unlocked up until Update 29 (Flames of Ambition). Avid RPer, writer, and former Breton lover. Then Legacy of the Bretons was released and I realized just how boring and uninspired the Bretons are according to the writers.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTB faction pride and patriotism, this, whilst mostly good news does kinda put a damper on that.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excited for the cross-faction announcement. Not too sure about battle-levelling everywhere, as it seems like the sense of progression through levelling may be severely impacted.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lavum wrote: »
    Really be nice if they would fix the game they have before trying to add more. There is pages of problems this game has that they don't address.

I'd you think about it there not adding anything more like taking away lol
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least this will remove the theme park-feel that some players might have.

lol no. Its still themepark and thats the problem. its another change without changing fundament.
  • Othman86
    Othman86
    Soul Shriven
    mertusta wrote: »
    So... if I'm understanding this properly... there's no longer a reason to buy the "Any Race, Any Alliance" pack?

You got it wrong. You can play with anyone but you still will not be able to play with Dark elf in daggerfall for example. So, there is a reason to buy any race any alliance pack :)

I am still not impress by this. One Tamriel. Why? Because you only remove faction restrictions to other continent for players not a player meeting another player FACTION restrictions. What i mean is you STILL CANNOT interact with OTHER players from another factions OUTSIDE dungeons and Cyrodiil. That would be an RP restrictions and both PvE restrictions. lets say that i have a level 50 toon in one faction but i invited my friend to play with me at his own interest. say he chooses another faction that i am not in and told me he leveled to 20 on that faction. I cannot meet up with him unless he is in a dungeon or cyrodiil pvp. I am forced to create another character and start over from scratch (excluding the champion points and level 50 gold upgrade gear that took me a month or two to farm).

So this One Tamriel is FLAWED.
  • Athrys5
    Athrys5
    ✭✭✭
    This is an hype. It won't make sense choose your alliance because you will be able to walk across tamriel independently by your alliance. Basically alliance's choice will be only for pvp stuff, this DLC will be a nonsense.
    EU - PC

Athryss