The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help

• Kyoma
    Kyoma
    ✭✭✭
    @Kyoma
    PTS patch notes v4.1.0 mentioned 3 new books added to Eidetic Memory:

Report On Wing Rot Curative Trial - Sil-Var-Woad Conservatory, first floor
    Findings on the Elemental Volatility of Imps - Sil-Var-Woad Paddocks area
    Fellrunner Failure? - Sil-Var-Woad Paddocks area, close to the previous book

Sil-Var-Woad Conservatory and Paddocks are accessible during quest "Untamed and Unleashed",
    in current Live (4.0.11) after quest, the area is unaccessible (unless grouping with another player with quest? cannot confirm)
    Looks like they read reports on bugged books.....sometimes :smiley:
    Yes I was afraid of this when I first discovered those notes/books for that quest that weren't in Eidetic Memory back then. Still, I would assume they'd make sure to give those books a post-quest location. I'll be checking many of the bugged books on pts but since I'm on EU I won't have my character right away (meaning I'd have to do the quests again).
    Will I be able to forget all the wounds that pierce my flesh?
    You and your childish justice. I'll rip it to pieces.
    Come on, it's showtime. A rain of blood like a volcano
    And now I'll blow all of you and you and you...
    All to tiny pieces. All to tiny pieces.
  • Meesha1170
    Meesha1170
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kyoma wrote: »
    @Kyoma

Sil-Var-Woad Conservatory and Paddocks are accessible during quest "Untamed and Unleashed",
    in current Live (4.0.11) after quest, the area is unaccessible (unless grouping with another player with quest? cannot confirm)
    Yes I was afraid of this when I first discovered those notes/books for that quest that weren't in Eidetic Memory back then. Still, I would assume they'd make sure to give those books a post-quest location. I'll be checking many of the bugged books on pts but since I'm on EU I won't have my character right away (meaning I'd have to do the quests again).

I found that you can break back into the conservatory post quest. To the left of the entrance there is a Dune Ripper enclosure with a rocky cave in it. You can maneuver your character up the left side of the rock and hop back into the Indrik grounds. From there you can make your way back into the paddocks and back into the conservatory. I know this because I was missing the book, “Invoice for Comestibles” and found it in the bookshelf after I had finished Untamed and Unleashed. I was sad that they didn’t fix any of the bugged books from Summerset and the base game. Hopefully they don’t place an invisible wall in the patch preventing players from recollecting the added books.
    Edited by Meesha1170 on July 11, 2018 5:00AM
  • Kyoma
    Kyoma
    ✭✭✭
    Meesha1170 wrote: »
    @Kyoma

I found that you can break back into the conservatory post quest. To the left of the entrance there is a Dune Ripper enclosure with a rocky cave in it. You can maneuver your character up the left side of the rock and hop back into the Indrik grounds. From there you can make your way back into the paddocks and back into the conservatory. I know this because I was missing the book, “Invoice for Comestibles” and found it in the bookshelf after I had finished Untamed and Unleashed. I was sad that they didn’t fix any of the bugged books from Summerset and the base game. Hopefully they don’t place an invisible wall in the patch preventing players from recollecting the added books.
    Yes a friend of mine informed me of this too last night. Btw, have you already checked a bunch of the bugged books on PTS?
  • Meesha1170
    Meesha1170
    ✭✭✭✭
    Meesha1170 wrote: »
    @Kyoma

Yes a friend of mine informed me of this too last night. Btw, have you already checked a bunch of the bugged books on PTS?

No, not on test server but I did see those books, or at least some of them, in the paddocks area and at the top of the conservatory. I think one might be one of the ones in bookshelf too.

• Mithax
    Mithax
    Soul Shriven
    House Hlaalu Merchant Camp is still bugged since over a year. It's supposed to be in obsidian gorge - deshan and according to some people it is part of a quest and after that it's unattainable
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since bookshelves are random, get it while you can - not sure when these bookshelves are going to reset or if they are character-based.
    PC/NA - Vivec Campaign: Introduction to Aedric Studies - noble district, upstairs with the 2 bookshelves
    dlsojjq8806m.png

rlqzbssjby8h.png

Edited by Qyrk on July 16, 2018 4:57AM
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok the link should be fixed. I haven't had a lot of time to dedicate to bugged books - if anyone wants access to the spreadsheet (or wants to make a copy and update that instead) it is fine by me!
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, on the PTS you can still climb up the Duneracer enclosure to hop over the wall into the Indrik area (get Findings on the Elemental Volatility of Imps and Fellrunner Failure? in that area) then enter the building and get the Report on Wing Rot Curative Trial.

I didn't see any locations around the grounds outside though...
  • rtorlasub17_ESO
    Meld777 wrote: »
    For those of you who are AD or EP, looking for Worship in Fanacas, you can find it at the usual place, next to Mabrel Pierel's altar on the ground. The book is only bugged for DC.

Earlier, I came here for the book and it was no where to be found. I don't remember if I came up to Mabrel from the south or not. I went a short way off, logged out, and came back less than half an hour. I circled around to the north and took out the trash in the circle then went to the east of Marbel and the book was on the ground just north of the brazier. I don't know if my maneuvering had anything to do with it, but I guess it isn't bugged completely for DC.
  • Altyrann
    Altyrann
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found that to get Worship in Fanacas I had to get to the spot, then relog very quickly.

Not sure if this reset my position or the book's but it seemed to work.
  • HjorrMundGandr
    HjorrMundGandr
    ✭✭✭
    Mithax wrote: »
    House Hlaalu Merchant Camp is still bugged since over a year. It's supposed to be in obsidian gorge - deshan and according to some people it is part of a quest and after that it's unattainable

Yes still bugged and you cant even get a friend to share quest for it to pop up. But Quest locked Delves are unlocked if you and a friend ( that still has the quest) are grouped.....
    Some consistency please.
    These Edetics need to be fixed please.

Sincerely,

A lore fan.
  • Peppo_Lives
    Peppo_Lives
    ✭✭✭
    @Kyoma
    I've checked for the bugged books in pts (EU characters available) and the achievement related Message in a Bottle seems fixed for me.......i had to re-read all the messages in a bottle, but i still miss one (there's a 4th message added in pts)
    i've done a quick search in karnwasten for Night Runner captain journal, and in alinor too (close to the daily geyser quest giver) but...nothing :(
    PC-EU - Eidetic Memory / Codex / Recipes Collector - 60K+ Achievement Points
  • Kravinoth29
    Kravinoth29
    ✭✭
    Acording to "The Abyssal Cabal" page on UESP, "The lorebook Night Runner Captain's Journal is currently only available during this quest, and only if you choose not to persuade Grog. If you do persuade, he will not send you to look after the journal, making this book unobtainable."

Is this correct? For me it is, because I remember that I did persuade him and now I can't find the book.

ZOS, please take a look on this, it's one of the few books I have to find. (And Nahirah's Journal (Alik'r Desert), which is missing too).
  • Kyoma
    Kyoma
    ✭✭✭
    Acording to "The Abyssal Cabal" page on UESP, "The lorebook Night Runner Captain's Journal is currently only available during this quest, and only if you choose not to persuade Grog. If you do persuade, he will not send you to look after the journal, making this book unobtainable."

Is this correct? For me it is, because I remember that I did persuade him and now I can't find the book.

ZOS, please take a look on this, it's one of the few books I have to find. (And Nahirah's Journal (Alik'r Desert), which is missing too).
    Yes this is correct sadly, tho I do not know if this has been fixed on PTS or not. My PTS is being a bit difficult so haven't had a chance to even go there since EU character copy.

• Meesha1170
    Meesha1170
    ✭✭✭✭
    Meld777 wrote: »
    For those of you who are AD or EP, looking for Worship in Fanacas, you can find it at the usual place, next to Mabrel Pierel's altar on the ground. The book is only bugged for DC.

Earlier, I came here for the book and it was no where to be found. I don't remember if I came up to Mabrel from the south or not. I went a short way off, logged out, and came back less than half an hour. I circled around to the north and took out the trash in the circle then went to the east of Marbel and the book was on the ground just north of the brazier. I don't know if my maneuvering had anything to do with it, but I guess it isn't bugged completely for DC.

Can confirm this on my DC toon as well. Didn't show for me at first but when I went out a ways and circled back it appeared.

• Kravinoth29
    Kravinoth29
    ✭✭
    One copy of "Of the Dragonfires (Fragment)" can be found at bookshelf on the 2nd floor of Minstral Bank (Khenarthi's Root).
  • JamuThatsWho
    JamuThatsWho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm using the Lorebooks addon to go back and complete my Eidetic Memory collection, but I'm having trouble finding "House Hlaalu Merchant Camp" at Obsidian Gorge in Deshaan. Anyone have any tips?
    Edited by JamuThatsWho on August 9, 2018 3:14PM
    @JamuThatsWho - PC EU - CP2000

Main:
    Vasiir-jo - Khajiit Necromancer, AD

Alts:
    Sul-Mael Hlarothran - Dunmer Sorcerer, EP

Ushaar-Ixaht - Argonian Nightblade, DC

Rorbakh gro-Khraag - Orc Templar, AD

Anduuroon - Altmer Warden, EP

Travanius Braelia - Imperial Dragonknight, DC
  • HjorrMundGandr
    HjorrMundGandr
    ✭✭✭
    I'm using the Lorebooks addon to go back and complete my Eidetic Memory collection, but I'm having trouble finding "House Hlaalu Merchant Camp" at Obsidian Gorge in Deshaan. Anyone have any tips?

This one is quest locked out. Even with grouping with someone who has not done the quest yet will not allow you to see it as its in a Quest "veil" so to speak. Just going to have to hope that they allow this book /page to be read after the mission in a future patch.
  • JamuThatsWho
    JamuThatsWho
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This one is quest locked out. Even with grouping with someone who has not done the quest yet will not allow you to see it as its in a Quest "veil" so to speak. Just going to have to hope that they allow this book /page to be read after the mission in a future patch.

Ah, that explains it, thanks. Another one I came across was the Experiment Journal in The Vile Manse. I can see the golden glow effect where the book is supposed to be, but the book itself isn't there.
    Edited by JamuThatsWho on August 11, 2018 6:09AM
    @JamuThatsWho - PC EU - CP2000

Main:
    Vasiir-jo - Khajiit Necromancer, AD

Alts:
    Sul-Mael Hlarothran - Dunmer Sorcerer, EP

Ushaar-Ixaht - Argonian Nightblade, DC

Rorbakh gro-Khraag - Orc Templar, AD

Anduuroon - Altmer Warden, EP

Travanius Braelia - Imperial Dragonknight, DC
  • Holger30
    Holger30
    ✭✭✭
    Mysteries and Clues:
    Message in a bottle

Summerset Scrolls:
    Invitation to the Kinlady's Conference
    Night Runner Captain's Journal
    Writ of Valid Credentials[/quote]

Anybody have found this books after the Update today?
    Edited by Holger30 on August 16, 2018 2:33PM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know what section of eidetic memory wolfhunter books can be read?
  • Peppo_Lives
    Peppo_Lives
    ✭✭✭
    @Aliyavana
    The books added with the new dungeons should be inside the section "Library of Incunabula" (the latest dlc added several more books, probably from murkmire prologue quests?)

@Holger30
    The Pack of Archon Grove has been added inside the related delve (close to a named mob and a sacrificial circle with prisoners)

I have yet to find the message in a bottle with the prayer to mara (it seems that all message in a bottle got reset after wolfhunter patch?)
    About the new message in a bottle...could be a bug? or related somehow to the prologue quests of murkmire?

In the section "Criminal Corrispondence" there's 3 new books, but one of them is bugged: there's two books named "Blackguard Instructions, Two"
    Edited by Peppo_Lives on August 16, 2018 8:15AM
    PC-EU - Eidetic Memory / Codex / Recipes Collector - 60K+ Achievement Points
  • Holger30
    Holger30
    ✭✭✭
    Criminal Correspondence
    Blackguard Instructions, One
    Blackguard Instructions, Two
    Blackguard Instructions, Two ??

Mysteries and Clues:
    List of Argonians
    Message in a bottle

Personal Journals
    The Journal of Margus Derius

Rituals and Revelations
    The Curse of Beela-Kaar

Summerset Scrolls:
    Invitation to the Kinlady's Conference
    Night Runner Captain's Journal
    Writ of Valid Credentials

Many new books :s
    Edited by Holger30 on August 18, 2018 11:52AM
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Following three books are unobtainable after their quests. I have requested a fix ever since summerset went live, but nothing yet.

K8hGRSz.jpg

7TdYDm5.jpg

Lvdhjjr.jpg
  • rtorlasub17_ESO
    This is an old one which I mentioned on page 33. The book "On Orcs and the Afterlife" can be found in the Temple Rectory or the Temple Library (Temple of Ire in Orsinium). Both locations are inaccessible after the quest. I seem to remember it was on the spreadsheet at one time, but google claims it isn't there now. I also can't find a solution to finding it online. If one doesn't get it during the quest, how are they supposed to get it?

It may be that I will get an answer if I mention @Ayantir and @Mix.
  • saxgooner
    saxgooner
    ✭✭✭
    someone mentioned in another poll about having quests repeatable.
    this would give us the chance to get missing books
  • HjorrMundGandr
    HjorrMundGandr
    ✭✭✭
    They should be repeatable if someone shares within a group.

• saxgooner
    saxgooner
    ✭✭✭
    They should be repeatable if someone shares within a group.

I have had some luck getting some in a group but I still have one that is phased for me
    just a glowing book unable to use
    I have tried the bugged quest on other toons and to complete the quest you have to read the book.
    for some reason it didn't show up in Eidetic memory
  • Holger30
    Holger30
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone have found all 4 "Message-in-the-bottle" books?
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holger30 wrote: »
    Anyone have found all 4 "Message-in-the-bottle" books?

Yes.