The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help

• Kyoma
    Kyoma
    ✭✭✭
    tim99 wrote: »
    to all the once with german client: how do you get the books translated for posting them here? always close the game, change language, restart and write them down?
    You can use this in chat:
    /script SetCVar("language.2", "en")

You still need to reload the ui but it'll be easier than closing down the whole game.

Will I be able to forget all the wounds that pierce my flesh?
    You and your childish justice. I'll rip it to pieces.
    Come on, it's showtime. A rain of blood like a volcano
    And now I'll blow all of you and you and you...
    All to tiny pieces. All to tiny pieces.
  • Miro
    Miro
    ✭✭
    @Aliyavana there is a back entrance to the mine Zalkin-Sul back entrance, Mzanchend-if that does not work then you might also need a daily quest for the respective place and the things usually pop in your inventory.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miro wrote: »
    @Aliyavana there is a back entrance to the mine Zalkin-Sul back entrance, Mzanchend-if that does not work then you might also need a daily quest for the respective place and the things usually pop in your inventory.

idk where that is?
  • Kyoma
    Kyoma
    ✭✭✭
    @Aliyavana The entrance is directly north of of the Nchuleftingth Wayshrine, across the lava river. Just follow the cave until you reach the crystal thingy and go into the ruins.

• Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kyoma wrote: »
    @Aliyavana The entrance is directly north of of the Nchuleftingth Wayshrine, across the lava river. Just follow the cave until you reach the crystal thingy and go into the ruins.

Found it, ty
  • MRusso89
    MRusso89
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone been able to find The Pack of Archon's Grove yet? Is it confirmed to be bugged? It's the last book I need for Summerset Scrolls.
    Hermaeus Mora, elder than Ada, Abyssal Cephaliarch, hearken to the plea of this unworthy, for I have come to barter for knowledge denied.
    excerpt from Fragmentae Abyssum Hermaeus Morus
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @MRusso89 how did you find the others ? O_O
  • MRusso89
    MRusso89
    ✭✭✭
    @MRusso89 how did you find the others ? O_O

Very carefully to make sure I didn't miss any haha. This thread is a massive help alongside UESP. That Night Runner Journal is way too easy to lock yourself out of getting so I was super careful when talking to Grog in Karnwasten. No one seems to have been able to find the Archon Grove book yet however.
    Hermaeus Mora, elder than Ada, Abyssal Cephaliarch, hearken to the plea of this unworthy, for I have come to barter for knowledge denied.
  • WardogAce
    WardogAce
    ✭✭✭
    @MRusso89 did you get the message in a bottle? Or is that still bugged?
    You walk the narrow path that cuts between glory and sacrifice--valor and patience. You measure your pursuit of honor with reason and foresight.
    Playing since October 2013
    • Armazd Krikor: Stamina Sorcerer- DC Redguard | PVE/PVP DPS
    • Artemis Mihr: Magicka Templar - EP Dunmer | PVP DPS
    • Arwen Lucine: Magicka Sorcerer - DC Dunmer | PVE DPS
    vMA | vDSA | vSO HM | vHRC HM | vAA HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS +1 | vCR +2

• MRusso89
    MRusso89
    ✭✭✭
    WardogAce wrote: »

No I didn't get those yet. I was saying that under The Summerset Scrolls section of the Eidetic Memory, I'm just missing The Pack of Archon's Grove. Those are under Mysteries and Clues and coincidently, the last 3 I need for that section.
  • theskymoves
    theskymoves
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iltheradin wrote: »
    Got everything now except these 4;

These 2 are locked inside houses in Eastmarch in the Bonestrewn Crest.
    - Kerthor's Supply List (Houses, Shops, and Trade)
    - Letter from Gabbi (Letters and Missives)

This one is in an inaccessible area within the Reliquary of Stars Ruins.
    -Redfur Journal, V.2 (Plots and Schemes)

This one is in the Temple of Mnem, Cyrodiil. It seems to be sunken into the ground.
    - A plea for the Elder Scrolls (Letters and Missives)

Any hints would be appreciated ^^

Kerthor's Supply List... ignore the locked door with the knocking undead, and instead enter the building through the window on the East facade.
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Mix

The hyperlink for Eidetic Memory Bugged Books List returns 404 Not Found.

Is anyone still maintaining it? Ayantir seems to be missing in action.

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am missing the following summerset scrolls, Invitation to kinlady conference, night runner captains journal, sapriach's recommendation, the pack of archons grove, and writ of valid credentials.
  • MRusso89
    MRusso89
    ✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    I am missing the following summerset scrolls, Invitation to kinlady conference, night runner captains journal, sapriach's recommendation, the pack of archons grove, and writ of valid credentials.

Aside from Pack of Archon's Grove, all of those books were tied to quests, so if you missed them, I don't know where you could go to find them unfortunately. If it helps, I've linked the Summerset Scrolls link to UESP: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Summerset_Scrolls
  • Kyoma
    Kyoma
    ✭✭✭
    MRusso89 wrote: »
    WardogAce wrote: »

No I didn't get those yet. I was saying that under The Summerset Scrolls section of the Eidetic Memory, I'm just missing The Pack of Archon's Grove. Those are under Mysteries and Clues and coincidently, the last 3 I need for that section.
    You can still get 2 out of 3 of those message in a bottle, only the one that triggers the achievement is bugged. It is random which one you get when you interact with a bottle.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have made several bug reports about these books:

- Night Runner Captain's Journal, unavailable after the quest has been done
    - The Scaled Elves in Sea Keep, the area with the book is locked off after the quest in Sea Keep
    - Writ of Valid Credentials from the quest Culture Clash, unavailable once you turn in the quest

- Pack of Archon's Grove - no one can even find this book at all

Apparently the first 3 books are unavailable after the quests are done - the Karnwasten book is completely unavailable if you choose the wrong quest dialogue, which I unfortunately did.

And the last book no one knows where to find.

I am also missing 2 of the notes in bottles, it is incredibly frustrating and I have no idea how that one works, despite opening several bottles at the shores, I keep getting the trash watersogged notes instead.
  • Meesha1170
    Meesha1170
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know if Orders to Halskar has a post quest location since Summerset? I checked in some more obvious places since but hadn’t seen it but didn’t look real close.
  • Gigasax
    Gigasax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Meesha1170 wrote: »
    Anyone know if Orders to Halskar has a post quest location since Summerset? I checked in some more obvious places since but hadn’t seen it but didn’t look real close.

i have not found it yet, so i think it´s still bugged. last book i am missig atm, and the bugged summerset ones of course
    - Noractis -
    - PC EU -
  • MiBlueEagle
    MiBlueEagle
    ✭✭
    Can someone give more precise directions to "to the villainous manacar". Console player so coordinates don't help. Think I've done all quests and can't relocate where I'm supposed to go
  • MRusso89
    MRusso89
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone give more precise directions to "to the villainous manacar". Console player so coordinates don't help. Think I've done all quests and can't relocate where I'm supposed to go

I believe this was part of the "The Perils of Art" quest. I think I found it behind the seated Orc in the Alinor Thieves Guild that you and Manacar speak to after the scene in the winery room.
  • MiBlueEagle
    MiBlueEagle
    ✭✭

I believe this was part of the "The Perils of Art" quest. I think I found it behind the seated Orc in the Alinor Thieves Guild that you and Manacar speak to after the scene in the winery room.

I don't see anything behind the seated orc in alinor thieves guild. I feel like it should be somewhere near the quest involving manacar...he's not in that one.
  • MRusso89
    MRusso89
    ✭✭✭

I don't see anything behind the seated orc in alinor thieves guild. I feel like it should be somewhere near the quest involving manacar...he's not in that one.

Manacar was involved though. Have you done the Perils of Art quest yet? I have the lorebook and that is the quest I got it from so if you aren't seeing it anywhere related to the quest, it may be bugged if you didn't read it while you were doing it. Maybe try the winery next to Alinor where the quest started?
  • MiBlueEagle
    MiBlueEagle
    ✭✭

Manacar was involved though. Have you done the Perils of Art quest yet? I have the lorebook and that is the quest I got it from so if you aren't seeing it anywhere related to the quest, it may be bugged if you didn't read it while you were doing it. Maybe try the winery next to Alinor where the quest started?

I thinks it's the quest "the hulkynd's heart", not "perils of art". I'll dig around that quest area more.

The quest was bantering with bandits and it is quest related, does not show up without the quest.
    Edited by MiBlueEagle on June 30, 2018 11:04PM
  • RoseVex
    RoseVex
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just missing 15 books from Eidetic Memory. Several have been mentioned recently (Invitation to Kinlady's Conference, Night Runner Captain Journal, Sapiarch's Recommendation, Pack of Archon's Grove and Writ of Valid Credentials)

I've covered every bookcase i can find in Imperial City and the Sewers and I cannot find Thwarting the Daedra: Dagon's Cult, The Distributed Soul and Unhallowed Legions.

Moon Worship among the Cat Men is supposed to be on bookshelves in The Rift, Alik'r Desert, Bangkorai or Reaper's March but i've not finished going through all of these zones yet. Same with The Father's Promise (Malabal Tor, Eastmarch, Alik'r Desert)

King Joile's Orders to General Mercedene is still quest locked I believe at Honor's Rest in Wrothgar

Journal of Tsona-Ei: part three at The Lost Fleetin Coldharbour has been bugged for ages, it's glitched into the boat and cannot be read.

Proven Moon Sugar Fertilization Techniques and Recommended Methods of Moon Sugar Cultivation in Zainsipilu in Vvardenfell aren't at the listed locations, I've searched the entire dungeon so I think these are quest locked as well

and Captain's Note on Firemoth Island is quest locked, there's no way back onto the island, I've tried swimming (died to slaughterfish) and grouping with someone on the quest (wouldn't let me port to them)
    Edited by RoseVex on July 2, 2018 11:15PM
    She who is only a little thing at the first, but thereafter grows until she strides on the earth with her head striking heaven.

Sovali - AD Dunmer DK tank
    Vinicia - DC warden tank
    Viratha - AD Altmer sorcerer DPS
    Melicine - Breton templar healer
  • MRusso89
    MRusso89
    ✭✭✭
    RoseVex wrote: »
    I'm just missing 15 books from Eidetic Memory. Several have been mentioned recently (Invitation to Kinlady's Conference, Night Runner Captain Journal, Sapiarch's Recommendation, Pack of Archon's Grove and Writ of Valid Credentials)

I've covered every bookcase i can find in Imperial City and the Sewers and I cannot find Thwarting the Daedra: Dagon's Cult, The Distributed Soul and Unhallowed Legions.

Moon Worship among the Cat Men is supposed to be on bookshelves in The Rift, Alik'r Desert, Bangkorai or Reaper's March but i've not finished going through all of these zones yet. Same with The Father's Promise (Malabal Tor, Eastmarch, Alik'r Desert)

King Joile's Orders to General Mercedene is still quest locked I believe at Honor's Rest in Wrothgar

Journal of Tsona-Ei: part three at The Lost Fleetin Coldharbour has been bugged for ages, it's glitched into the boat and cannot be read.

Proven Moon Sugar Fertilization Techniques and Recommended Methods of Moon Sugar Cultivation in Zainsipilu in Vvardenfell aren't at the listed locations, I've searched the entire dungeon so I think these are quest locked as well

and Captain's Note on Firemoth Island is quest locked, there's no way back onto the island, I've tried swimming (died to slaughterfish) and grouping with someone on the quest (wouldn't let me port to them)

Proven Moon Sugar Fertilization Techniques can be found in your inventory (or possibly read during the quest, i forget) during the Vvardenfell daily quest that takes you to the delve. And I believe the Captain's Note is found in the boat in Seyda Neen that takes you to Firemoth Island.
  • RoseVex
    RoseVex
    ✭✭✭
    RoseVex wrote: »

Proven Moon Sugar Fertilization Techniques can be found in your inventory (or possibly read during the quest, i forget) during the Vvardenfell daily quest that takes you to the delve. And I believe the Captain's Note is found in the boat in Seyda Neen that takes you to Firemoth Island.

Thank you, I’ll hunt those down when I get home
    She who is only a little thing at the first, but thereafter grows until she strides on the earth with her head striking heaven.

Sovali - AD Dunmer DK tank
    Vinicia - DC warden tank
    Viratha - AD Altmer sorcerer DPS
    Melicine - Breton templar healer
  • FreshlyB8ked
    FreshlyB8ked
    ✭✭✭✭
    thawks wrote: »
    A Sky of Dusk is found in the portion of the Evergloam you visit during the quest Unto the Dark, on one of the islands to the south. Not sure if it has a post-quest location or if it's possible to return.
    Still accessible and found, thx! :)

@Kyoma

Hi...any info on where to find the entrace to Evergloam again? I've done the quest and I can't find how to get back there and I still need this book.
    Thanks!
  • Kyoma
    Kyoma
    ✭✭✭
    thawks wrote: »
    A Sky of Dusk is found in the portion of the Evergloam you visit during the quest Unto the Dark, on one of the islands to the south. Not sure if it has a post-quest location or if it's possible to return.
    Still accessible and found, thx! :)

@Kyoma

Hi...any info on where to find the entrace to Evergloam again? I've done the quest and I can't find how to get back there and I still need this book.
    Thanks!
    Had to search a bit but managed to find the entrance in Clockwork City:c9f363f6cf6b77a0013925abc0a3f2c3.jpg
  • Erinia
    Erinia
    ✭✭✭
    Still missed for me:

Message in a Bottle
    Divine Prosecution Notification
    Folly of Man
    Invitation to the Kinlady's Conference
    Night Runner Captain's Journal
    The pack of Archon's Grove

Some of them realted to quests, any information if there are another locations for them after completing quests?
    @Erinia, PC EU
    Gift Exchange 2023! My WishList here!
  • Peppo_Lives
    Peppo_Lives
    ✭✭✭
    @Kyoma
    PTS patch notes v4.1.0 mentioned 3 new books added to Eidetic Memory:

Report On Wing Rot Curative Trial - Sil-Var-Woad Conservatory, first floor
    Findings on the Elemental Volatility of Imps - Sil-Var-Woad Paddocks area
    Fellrunner Failure? - Sil-Var-Woad Paddocks area, close to the previous book

Sil-Var-Woad Conservatory and Paddocks are accessible during quest "Untamed and Unleashed",
    in current Live (4.0.11) after quest, the area is unaccessible (unless grouping with another player with quest? cannot confirm)
    Looks like they read reports on bugged books.....sometimes :smiley:
    PC-EU - Eidetic Memory / Codex / Recipes Collector - 60K+ Achievement Points