The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help

• Thal_J
    Thal_J
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is there a way to get the "Homes for Sale" leaflet on a new character, since the quest is disabled?
  • Shadow-Fighter
    Shadow-Fighter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If i'm not wrong it should be in davons watch at the bank
    Natch Potes is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're gonna get
  • Meesha1170
    Meesha1170
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone that already had the Message in a Bottle Achievement find all four message in a bottle notes post patch? Been circling the island several hours a day queueing for dailies since Wolfhunter launched and I can find all but one.

Found multiple copies of the Mara, Damask Flour and Lost Ship notes but that’s it aside from the waterlogged notes. I’m not even sure what the fourth note says or maybe it’s still bugged? Any help would be appreciated.
  • MRusso89
    MRusso89
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone tell me where in March of Sacrifices the book Concerning Balorgh is? Last one I need for Incunabula.
    Hermaeus Mora, elder than Ada, Abyssal Cephaliarch, hearken to the plea of this unworthy, for I have come to barter for knowledge denied.
    excerpt from Fragmentae Abyssum Hermaeus Morus
  • MiBlueEagle
    MiBlueEagle
    ✭✭
    MRusso89 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me where in March of Sacrifices the book Concerning Balorgh is? Last one I need for Incunabula.

I think there are two books near the beginning that blend into the ground really well....one near the quest giver at the top of the cliff and then one near the river before you get to the houses....I don't recall the names exactly though
  • Meesha1170
    Meesha1170
    ✭✭✭✭
    Meesha1170 wrote: »
    Has anyone that already had the Message in a Bottle Achievement find all four message in a bottle notes post patch? Been circling the island several hours a day queueing for dailies since Wolfhunter launched and I can find all but one.

Found multiple copies of the Mara, Damask Flour and Lost Ship notes but that’s it aside from the waterlogged notes. I’m not even sure what the fourth note says or maybe it’s still bugged? Any help would be appreciated.

So I answered my own question. There’s an extra message in a bottle book either accidentally or for some prologue quest, maybe for Murkmire. Anyway, there are only three message in a bottle messages that can be found on Summerset.
  • MRusso89
    MRusso89
    ✭✭✭

So I answered my own question. There’s an extra message in a bottle book either accidentally or for some prologue quest, maybe for Murkmire. Anyway, there are only three message in a bottle messages that can be found on Summerset.

The one mentioning Lagra? I found it on the beach near Northpoint in Rivenspire, but it does not count toward the Eidetic Memory for some reason.
    Hermaeus Mora, elder than Ada, Abyssal Cephaliarch, hearken to the plea of this unworthy, for I have come to barter for knowledge denied.
  • Meesha1170
    Meesha1170
    ✭✭✭✭

The one mentioning Lagra? I found it on the beach near Northpoint in Rivenspire, but it does not count toward the Eidetic Memory for some reason.

There is that one too that is part of the Final Words collection of books which I have. In the Mysteries and Clues collection there are 4 Message in a Bottle books.

Before the Wolfhunter patch the books were bugged where one of them didn’t count towards eidetic memory but fulfilled the requirements for the related achievement. However, after Wolfhunter you have to go find them again, at least I did, but it’s still bugged or there is some other mysterious Message in a Bottle that no one has found.

Anyway, I feel like there has always been four spots in eidetic memory but there’s only ever been three messages. I even looked up online guides and I can only find three possible notes that can be read and a 4th waterlogged note that isn’t readable, it’s just trash you have to destroy.

Edited by Meesha1170 on September 2, 2018 6:53PM
  • MiBlueEagle
    MiBlueEagle
    ✭✭

It is to the right of the entrance to the indrik boss behind a tree
  • capricorn152245ub17_ESO
    I couldn't find Knowing Satakal at the normal location (Alik'r Desert), so I tried in the book room listed in the Memorial District of IC, but none of the 3 piles were that book either.

However, I just found it on one of the bookshelves in the Craglorn Outlaws Refuge, near the entrance behind the Enchanter's shop.

1y82hqzxyn8p.png
  • Lyss1991
    Lyss1991
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi all! Ive been combing through this thread since last night, And I finally just cane to the last page to see if it was still active so I could just ask - Im looking for “Letter to Percy Velmont” from Hews Bane Bookshelf collection. I seem to have missed reading the letter from Walks-Softly during the quest, And im wondering if there was ever a “post-quest” location added somewhere. Ive tecently started trying to complete my Eidetic Memory and this is bugging me so much!
    PS4 NA EST June 2016 | GM of Tamriel’s Outkasts Social Guild | Main - Assylah - Max CP Breton Mag Sorc - Master Angler - Mageslayer - Shehai Shatterer - Ophidian Overlord | Best Thief in Tamriel - Khajiit NB Purrfecta Meowna | Aspiring Master Crafter | Achievement Hunter | Recipe/Blueprint Enthusiast | Costume Junkie | Primary Residence - Princely Dawnlight Palace
  • Walllessfury
    Lyss1991 wrote: »
    Hi all! Ive been combing through this thread since last night, And I finally just cane to the last page to see if it was still active so I could just ask - Im looking for “Letter to Percy Velmont” from Hews Bane Bookshelf collection. I seem to have missed reading the letter from Walks-Softly during the quest, And im wondering if there was ever a “post-quest” location added somewhere. Ive tecently started trying to complete my Eidetic Memory and this is bugging me so much!

for this one there is a way to get back into the houses that are locked in Hew's Bane, just pick the locks im unsure where exactly it is in the house that you went through for the story, but its there
  • Lyss1991
    Lyss1991
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lyss1991 wrote: »

for this one there is a way to get back into the houses that are locked in Hew's Bane, just pick the locks im unsure where exactly it is in the house that you went through for the story, but its there

I FINALLY found it after I went all over that house multiple times! Its in a room upstairs that has a guard in it. On a desk in the corner. ;)
    PS4 NA EST June 2016 | GM of Tamriel’s Outkasts Social Guild | Main - Assylah - Max CP Breton Mag Sorc - Master Angler - Mageslayer - Shehai Shatterer - Ophidian Overlord | Best Thief in Tamriel - Khajiit NB Purrfecta Meowna | Aspiring Master Crafter | Achievement Hunter | Recipe/Blueprint Enthusiast | Costume Junkie | Primary Residence - Princely Dawnlight Palace
  • Meesha1170
    Meesha1170
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like they are fixing the Night Runner's Journal and removing the extra Message In A Bottle for Murkmire but no word on the other broken books from Summerset.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like they are fixing the Night Runner's Journal and removing the extra Message In A Bottle for Murkmire but no word on the other broken books from Summerset.

Scaled Elves is getting fixed too, but there are some lacking still, here's my reply on the PTS forum:

"ZOS, PLEASE make sure that "Fellrunner Failure?", "Findings on the Elmenental Volatility of Imps" and "Report on Wing Rot Curative Trials" at Sil-Var-Woad are obtainable after their quest too. Last time I checked, they are inside a quest locked house where you cannot enter after having finished the "Untamed and Unleashed" quest.

Also, "Writ of Valid Credentials" and the other 2 books for "Culture Clash" quest are still unobtainable after the quest is done. Please fix these books also!"
  • RoseVex
    RoseVex
    ✭✭✭
    I’ll have to double check after work but I’m pretty sure that “The Journal of Tsona-ei part three” is still bugged in Coldharbour.
    She who is only a little thing at the first, but thereafter grows until she strides on the earth with her head striking heaven.

Sovali - AD Dunmer DK tank
    Vinicia - DC warden tank
    Viratha - AD Altmer sorcerer DPS
    Melicine - Breton templar healer
  • MRusso89
    MRusso89
    ✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »

"ZOS, PLEASE make sure that "Fellrunner Failure?", "Findings on the Elmenental Volatility of Imps" and "Report on Wing Rot Curative Trials" at Sil-Var-Woad are obtainable after their quest too. Last time I checked, they are inside a quest locked house where you cannot enter after having finished the "Untamed and Unleashed" quest.

You can still access the Sil-Var Woad Conservatory. It's further back in this discussion, but basically, it involves jumping over a wall in the Duneripper pen. You have to jump on the boulders that are next to the wall and jump over the wall when you reach the top of the rocks.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »

You can still access the Sil-Var Woad Conservatory. It's further back in this discussion, but basically, it involves jumping over a wall in the Duneripper pen. You have to jump on the boulders that are next to the wall and jump over the wall when you reach the top of the rocks.

Thanks that worked! That means only the writ of valid credentials is unobtainable to me.
  • Anweaia
    Anweaia
    ✭✭
    Alisyra wrote: »
    Alisyra wrote: »
    Hi, I can't find Krisandra Edrald's Journal Vol. 2 anywhere after the quest in Rivenspire. Anyone else have problems with that one?

This is still true, as before. Edrald's Undercroft is still accessible, but the book is not in its location after the quest.

I have the same problem. I've been to the undercroft, but no book. Did someone found a solution after completion of the quest ?
  • mathnerd1129
    mathnerd1129
    Soul Shriven
    Sorry if this question has been asked before but is it possible to get the Tome of the Undaunted before the associated quest. I have read that its impossible to get after the quest however when I go to the enclave without the quest I can't interact with the book. Once again sorry if this question has been asked before.

• tim99
    tim99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no, i think both version are bugged. Before quest you cant read the "unsigned" version, and after quest you cant read the "signed" version.
    but i think they changed the "signed" version recently, at least at the AD undaunted place, i noticed by chance just yesterday, that i could read the "signed" version again, EP and DC still bugged (you can see the book, but not interact) i think.
    The "unsigned" version is one out of 7 books i still miss altogether (excluding sommerset), so if someone know more or has asome news i would be quite happy.
    Still dont know, why there are 2 archievments as it's the same book, just with my signature. If you read the last version, you should get the previous version as well, cause the content is the same
    Edited by tim99 on September 27, 2018 3:10PM
  • mathnerd1129
    mathnerd1129
    Soul Shriven
    tim99 wrote: »
    no, i think both version are bugged. Before quest you cant read the "unsigned" version, and after quest you cant read the "signed" version.
    but i think they changed the "signed" version recently, at least at the AD undaunted place, i noticed by chance just yesterday, that i could read the "signed" version again, EP and DC still bugged (you can see the book, but not interact) i think.
    The "unsigned" version is one out of 7 books i still miss altogether (excluding sommerset), so if someone know more or has asome news i would be quite happy.
    Still dont know, why there are 2 archievments as it's the same book, just with my signature. If you read the last version, you should get the previous version as well, cause the content is the same

Thank you:)
  • Gigasax
    Gigasax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is any update on "Orders to Halskar" from Fort Morvunskar in Eastmarch?
    - Noractis -
    - PC EU -
  • rtorlasub17_ESO
    I found that you can break back into the conservatory post quest. To the left of the entrance there is a Dune Ripper enclosure with a rocky cave in it. You can maneuver your character up the left side of the rock and hop back into the Indrik grounds. From there you can make your way back into the paddocks and back into the conservatory. I know this because I was missing the book, “Invoice for Comestibles” and found it in the bookshelf after I had finished Untamed and Unleashed. I was sad that they didn’t fix any of the bugged books from Summerset and the base game. Hopefully they don’t place an invisible wall in the patch preventing players from recollecting the added books.
    [/quote]

I just made it over the
    Kyoma wrote: »
    @Kyoma
    PTS patch notes v4.1.0 mentioned 3 new books added to Eidetic Memory:

Report On Wing Rot Curative Trial - Sil-Var-Woad Conservatory, first floor
    Findings on the Elemental Volatility of Imps - Sil-Var-Woad Paddocks area
    Fellrunner Failure? - Sil-Var-Woad Paddocks area, close to the previous book

Sil-Var-Woad Conservatory and Paddocks are accessible during quest "Untamed and Unleashed",
    in current Live (4.0.11) after quest, the area is unaccessible (unless grouping with another player with quest? cannot confirm)
    Looks like they read reports on bugged books.....sometimes :smiley:
    Yes I was afraid of this when I first discovered those notes/books for that quest that weren't in Eidetic Memory back then. Still, I would assume they'd make sure to give those books a post-quest location. I'll be checking many of the bugged books on pts but since I'm on EU I won't have my character right away (meaning I'd have to do the quests again).

I found that you can break back into the conservatory post quest. To the left of the entrance there is a Dune Ripper enclosure with a rocky cave in it. You can maneuver your character up the left side of the rock and hop back into the Indrik grounds. From there you can make your way back into the paddocks and back into the conservatory. I know this because I was missing the book, “Invoice for Comestibles” and found it in the bookshelf after I had finished Untamed and Unleashed. I was sad that they didn’t fix any of the bugged books from Summerset and the base game. Hopefully they don’t place an invisible wall in the patch preventing players from recollecting the added books.

I can confirm they are still accessible by going over the rocks. However, they are not highlighted. They look like books which have already been read.
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    thawks wrote: »
    You can return to Firemoth Island from one of the boats in Seyda Neen. Captain's Note is posted on a pole at the docks.

Which boat? I can't find any way to get to Firemoth island.
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • znrk
    znrk
    ✭✭✭
    AlienSlof wrote: »
    thawks wrote: »
    You can return to Firemoth Island from one of the boats in Seyda Neen. Captain's Note is posted on a pole at the docks.

Which boat? I can't find any way to get to Firemoth island.

You have an answer - with screenshot - to your question on page 35 of this thread.

PC/EU
  • No_Wan
    No_Wan
    ✭✭
    Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a book I can't find. :'(
    The name is "Quartermaster's Note"
    It should be somewhere in Northern Craglorn, in a dungeon.
    Can anyone tell me where I can find it.

Kind Regards,

No_Wan

• No_Wan
    No_Wan
    ✭✭
    Found "Quartermaster's Note" in Sanctum Ophidia :smile:

Left for me is:

Introduction to Aedric Studies
    Updated Instructions from Dortene
    Information Request from Emeric

Since I'm EP I don't know if I can get these last two books.
    They are in the DC base And I cant get in there.
    Does anyone know if they can be obtained anywhere else?

No Wan
  • LadyMamoulian
    LadyMamoulian
    ✭✭✭
    How did they "fix" the Night Runner's Journal when its still not present in the Karnwasten dungeon?
  • No_Wan
    No_Wan
    ✭✭
    How did they "fix" the Night Runner's Journal when its still not present in the Karnwasten dungeon?

I think it will be fixed with te Murkmire update.