The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help

• MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vitgar wrote: »
    Can you explain me a current mechanics of refreshing books on the bookshelves of the Imperial City? I see different sets of books in different companies (CP and NoCP) only. Within each of these companies, books have not changed for at least 4 consecutive days and are the same for different characters (DC, AD, EP).
    I draw such conclusions based on a daily crawl of 32 bookshelves in Noble, Elven, Temple, Memorial + 3 inside Sewers + 11 on the alliances bases.
    I saw on Reddit that the refreshing occurs only after server "Maintenance for the week". Is it so?

You have a very good opportunity to check that tomorrow.

... I dunno how it is now, previously (a few years ago), they've been refreshing every 48h at the longest, maybe even 24h.
  • tumba
    tumba
    ölö
    Can you explain me a current mechanics of refreshing books on the bookshelves of the Imperial City? I see different sets of books in different companies (CP and NoCP) only. Within each of these companies, books have not changed for at least 4 consecutive days and are the same for different characters (DC, AD, EP).
    I draw such conclusions based on a daily crawl of 32 bookshelves in Noble, Elven, Temple, Memorial + 3 inside Sewers + 11 on the alliances bases.
    I saw on Reddit that the refreshing occurs only after server "Maintenance for the week". Is it so?

if i remember correctly its different refresh times on different bookshelves
  • Vitgar
    Vitgar
    I can confirm that. Books remained the same before the maintenance. Now the content of bookshelves is updated. And I finally found "The Distributed Soul". If anyone is interested it's in one of bookshelves at Temple Rectory (Temple District).
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Elegian's Notes" from the Deadlands prologue seems to be bugged again. It's in the Waking Flame camp in Greenshade (which is never accessible again after the quest is completed): it disappeared when read (making it impossible to read again) but did not actually mark as "read". Is there a post-quest location for it or do I have to abandon and re-start?
  • SeaWoodStage
    SeaWoodStage
    ✭✭✭
    @Vitgar I can't give you any info on how often IC bookshelves are refreshed, or even if they are. What I can tell you is that there were four IC 'bookshelf' books I was missing about a year ago. I went into IC once a day every day for months and read every bookshelf in the small circuit I'd figured out a routine for. I think it was Memorial or Noble.I did it every day for months and no luck, then suddenly got three of the four I was missing within a few days (then the fourth about a month later).

So I'm not saying the IC bookshelf boks are refreshed as a group, but I am saying that my personal experience gave me that impression.
  • Vitgar
    Vitgar
    @SeaWoodStage I have already decided for myself the IC-bookshelves refreshing takes place after a server maintenance only. However, I hardly need this information anymore, because I found all the books :)
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    jle30303 wrote: »
    "Elegian's Notes" from the Deadlands prologue seems to be bugged again. It's in the Waking Flame camp in Greenshade (which is never accessible again after the quest is completed): it disappeared when read (making it impossible to read again) but did not actually mark as "read". Is there a post-quest location for it or do I have to abandon and re-start?

Reset quest. Or it is likely to be blocked until ZoS fixes it.
  • ginsenghunter
    ginsenghunter
    Soul Shriven
    Does anyone know if there is a post quest location or work around to get "To The Captain" from the barracks in Kragenmoor? It's the only book i'm missing from Military Orders and Reports. I've tried grouping with another person on that quest and it will not let me in the barracks.
  • Tobyja
    Tobyja
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if there is a post quest location or work around to get "To The Captain" from the barracks in Kragenmoor? It's the only book i'm missing from Military Orders and Reports. I've tried grouping with another person on that quest and it will not let me in the barracks.

Take a look outside Kragenmoor to the east. It's possibly there.
    s3hmaw6402wx.jpg
    "Am Beginn einer jeden Katastrophe steht eine Vermutung."
  • JuniperTwist
    JuniperTwist
    ✭✭
    I'm unable to interact with this book: Journal of Tsona-Ei part three, in coldharbor. Anyone else have this issue?
    xduph7q88aet.png
    7bvhpsvrat53.png
  • Tobyja
    Tobyja
    ✭✭✭
    I'm unable to interact with this book: Journal of Tsona-Ei part three, in coldharbor. Anyone else have this issue?
    xduph7q88aet.png
    7bvhpsvrat53.png

For PC EU i can say it's rereadable. But the location looks somehow different, not sure, why.
    kaf3dlthuz32.jpg

Maybe locations are different on platforms? Maybe a pre-/postquest thingy? An add-on prob?
    Or some data missed loading? Do relog changes something?
    Or the last patch went wrong and the repair function via launcher helps?
    Don't know, just brainstorming.
    "Am Beginn einer jeden Katastrophe steht eine Vermutung."
  • birdmann1230
    Where is the prologue quest book “The Prophecy of Anudnabia”? I got every other book but didn’t see that one.
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    Where is the prologue quest book “The Prophecy of Anudnabia”? I got every other book but didn’t see that one.

In the underwater section ;) You know the one where you and two other NPCs go underwater. easy to miss because it's a stone tablet. It's located near the path if you can call it that.

I personally only miss "All Our Perfect Forms""
    regsp3y4o4n9.jpg
    Edited by GeneralEU on April 4, 2024 10:53PM
  • Tatanko
    Tatanko
    ✭✭✭✭
    I somehow managed to miss 4 of the prologue books despite thinking I inspected every nook and cranny. Anyone know if I'm able to obtain any of these post-quest?

All Our Perfect Forms
    Letter from Leramil the Wise
    The Bladesongs of Boethra, Volume III
    The Nine Coruscations, Volume II
    Silvanus the Gilded
    Merchant, Scholar, and Benefactor
    Imperial Templar - PC/NA
    Learn More
  • birdmann1230
    GeneralEU wrote: »

In the underwater section ;) You know the one where you and two other NPCs go underwater. easy to miss because it's a stone tablet. It's located near the path if you can call it that.

I personally only miss "All Our Perfect Forms""
    regsp3y4o4n9.jpg

Of course it was. I had a feeling I was going to miss that as soon as we went underwater. Guess I’ll have to wait for a post quest spot. They really should mark those better. I also need that one I forgot that was in a different lore category.
  • birdmann1230
    Tatanko wrote: »
    I somehow managed to miss 4 of the prologue books despite thinking I inspected every nook and cranny. Anyone know if I'm able to obtain any of these post-quest?

All Our Perfect Forms

Not sure where Perfect Forms is, the Letter was in your inventory when you start the quest. The bladesonge you can still get, it’s behind the lion statue opposite where the second one was, in Dune where the lion was. The Nine Books were in one of the quest portals but idk if any of those are available post quest.
  • Daniel141182
    Anyone found all our perfect forms? Post quest or in the quest itself
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @GeneralEU Thought you found all of them on PTS including "all ourperfect forms". Do you remember where you found each page? Want to make sure I get all pages as I go through the prologue. Ty!
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    Djennku wrote: »
    @GeneralEU Thought you found all of them on PTS including "all ourperfect forms". Do you remember where you found each page? Want to make sure I get all pages as I go through the prologue. Ty!

It turned out that I didn't find all of them. Probably "all our perfect forms" is not part of the prologue, but is simply a book lying somewhere in Tamriel.

But this books are from prologue 100%!
    A Call for Recollection
    A Dance Along the Webs
    Endegor's Orders
    From Exile to Exodus, Pt. 1
    From Exile to Exodus, Pt. 2
    Testament of Dandera Helas
    The Bladesongs of Boethra, Volume II
    The Bladesongs of Boethra, Volume V
    The Nine Coruscations, Volume I
    The Prophecy of Anudnabia

But here we have the contents of this book, maybe someone can guess where it might be:
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:All_Our_Perfect_Forms

It is worth taking a good look around "potentially closed locations". The guy above wrote for several books where you can find them, but one underwater may be harder to find, so look carefully.

I recommend this to find lost books.
    https://esolog.uesp.net/viewlog.php?search=All+Our+Perfect+Forms&searchtype=book
    Edited by GeneralEU on April 5, 2024 8:39AM
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭

It turned out that I didn't find all of them. Probably "all our perfect forms" is not part of the prologue, but is simply a book lying somewhere in Tamriel.

A Call for Recollection
    A Dance Along the Webs
    Endegor's Orders

But here we have the contents of this book, maybe someone can guess where it might be:

It is worth taking a good look around "potentially closed locations". The guy above wrote for several books where you can find them, but one underwater may be harder to find, so look carefully.

https://esolog.uesp.net/viewlog.php?search=All+Our+Perfect+Forms&searchtype=book

... Which, incidentally, shows no locations for "All Our Perfect Forms". Was it found by anyone?
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭

A Call for Recollection
    A Dance Along the Webs
    Endegor's Orders

... Which, incidentally, shows no locations for "All Our Perfect Forms". Was it found by anyone?

For now nobody.
  • Daniel141182
    Or have the maby added the book in bookshelfs in reapers march or maby southern elsweyr. Other books from same author is therr atleast
    Edited by Daniel141182 on April 5, 2024 8:21PM
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    Or have the maby added the book in bookshelfs in reapers march or maby southern elsweyr. Other books from same author is therr atleast

You're probably right, because all his books appear in "Elder Scrolls Online (Dragonhold)". Also the clue is in
    Southern Elsweyr.
  • This_0ne
    This_0ne
    ✭✭✭

All Our Perfect Forms

when i get quest from blind npc he dont get me letter. but right now i see it in grahtwood outlaw refuge on a stone near Bazrag and Fanuithen
  • This_0ne
    This_0ne
    ✭✭✭
    knhglnc1btsi.png

So close but so far... its:

Chronicle of Apocrypha (buged during and after quest)
    Legion's Arrival Clue (and so two years later zos still have not come up with solutions to the clues for twins)
    All Our Perfect Forms (Apparently the book was added with a prologue, please let me know if anyone finds it)
    Edited by This_0ne on April 6, 2024 4:18PM
  • Daniel141182
    This_0ne wrote: »

All Our Perfect Forms

when i get quest from blind npc he dont get me letter. but right now i see it in grahtwood outlaw refuge on a stone near Bazrag and Fanuithen

You can find bladesong in dune behind the lionstatues where you wherr during prologue
    Edited by Daniel141182 on April 6, 2024 5:52PM
  • Vitgar
    Vitgar
    Legion's Arrival Clue (and so two years later zos still have not come up with solutions to the clues for twins)
    If you had looked into Infinire Archive to Filer Ool last week, you could have bought this clue.
    Edited by Vitgar on April 6, 2024 6:43PM
  • This_0ne
    This_0ne
    ✭✭✭
    If you had looked into Infinire Archive to Filer Ool last week, you could have bought this clue.

I think you are wrong. I went there with the character on whom I read this clue, he could not buy it since the improvement was already in the collection. I come to him every Tuesday and check the assortment of goods. Moreover, the first week of the archive release gave this clue and even then I thought that this could be a solution, but no
    Edited by This_0ne on April 6, 2024 7:48PM
  • Orakel_von_Tamriel
    I am still missing books from summerset aswell

- Lirendel's Family Shrine
    - Naliara's Notes, Day 2
    - Naliara's Notes, Day 8

is a post-quest location known in the meantime?
  • Tatanko
    Tatanko
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can't buy clues for upgrades that are already in your Collections, unfortunately. If only it was that simple.
    Silvanus the Gilded
    Merchant, Scholar, and Benefactor
    Imperial Templar - PC/NA
    Learn More