The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help

• MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey There:))

Thanks a lot for your work to help finding missing books

Does anybody know if
    Royal Messengers Fate
    is fixed?

Have Fun^^

It has been fixed for a while already. It is in the Orsinium proper, next to one of the siege machines.

What is Orsinium proper? Somewhere in the city or ? I didn’t know this was fixed.

Yes, the city. The zone is Wrothgar, the city is Orsinium.
    Djennku wrote: »

Does anybody know if
    Royal Messengers Fate
    is fixed?

Have Fun^^

It has been fixed for a while already. It is in the Orsinium proper, next to one of the siege machines.

What is Orsinium proper? Somewhere in the city or ? I didn’t know this was fixed.

Go back a few pages. I posted a pic of the location. ^^

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7829510/#Comment_7829510

(Also, you get sent to the exact location for the Fire in the Hold daily delve quest turn-in.)
  • AryaWinterfell

Does anybody know if
    Royal Messengers Fate
    is fixed?

Have Fun^^

Go back a few pages. I posted a pic of the location. ^^

Thanks a lot^^

i read some pages but havnt found it, think, i need new glassrs xd
  • Protector1981
    Protector1981
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ektallion wrote: »
    Letter from Aurelia Jourvel

Where can I find these books in this patch?

Castell Navire. Go Inside the Knight Section, then u find it there.

bildschirmfotovon2023elekl.png

But for ME: Where i can find
    Ode to the Nose of a Woman ?????
    Edited by Protector1981 on June 6, 2023 1:56PM
  • mariliaribas
    mariliaribas
    ✭✭✭
    After 3 long years of waiting, just confirming that Rite of the Scion is indeed fixed. I feel like we should throw a party in this thread!
  • Protector1981
    Protector1981
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After 3 long years of waiting, just confirming that Rite of the Scion is indeed fixed. I feel like we should throw a party in this thread!

And where to find it?
  • mariliaribas
    mariliaribas
    ✭✭✭

And where to find it?

Any Vampire shrine. I'm just not sure if you have to be a vamp to see or not, because ally characters are vampires
  • Protector1981
    Protector1981
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And where to find it?

Any Vampire shrine. I'm just not sure if you have to be a vamp to see or not, because ally characters are vampires

BIG BIG TY :D
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ektallion wrote: »
    Letter from Aurelia Jourvel

Where can I find these books in this patch?

Castell Navire. Go Inside the Knight Section, then u find it there.

bildschirmfotovon2023elekl.png

But for ME: Where i can find
    Ode to the Nose of a Woman ?????

In the Knights’ Barracks, behind the last divider on the left.
    Edited by virtus753 on June 7, 2023 6:19AM
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cannot find "Arnoit and Lisette - The True Story". It's marked as only being in Castle Mornard Library - which is not available post-quest.

Where else, if anywhere, can it be found?
  • aussie500
    aussie500
    ✭✭✭
    I did just notice they put Rite of the Scion back in the game, and you do not even need to be a vampire to find it, found it in Stonefalls.tiaquxhpr78n.jpg
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aussie500 wrote: »
    I did just notice they put Rite of the Scion back in the game, and you do not even need to be a vampire to find it, found it in Stonefalls.

...Then in that case this is a bug, it should NOT be in Stonefalls, since Stonefalls is not where the Pact's Vampire Shrine is. It should be at the Vampire Shrine in The Rift.

Or, the Vampire Shrine in Reapers March for the Dominion.

I can confirm, by having visited it, that it *is* at the Bangkorai Vampire Shrine, for the Covenant.

• MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    jle30303 wrote: »
    aussie500 wrote: »
    I did just notice they put Rite of the Scion back in the game, and you do not even need to be a vampire to find it, found it in Stonefalls.

...Then in that case this is a bug, it should NOT be in Stonefalls, since Stonefalls is not where the Pact's Vampire Shrine is. It should be at the Vampire Shrine in The Rift.

Or, the Vampire Shrine in Reapers March for the Dominion.

I can confirm, by having visited it, that it *is* at the Bangkorai Vampire Shrine, for the Covenant.

I won't call it a bug, nor say that it should NOT be in Stonefalls, only that it should also be in the Rift.
  • Holger30
    Holger30
    ✭✭✭
    Tomes of Tributes:
    22 I needed

Apocryphal Pages:

Chronicle of Apocrypha
    Cipher Akacirn's Journal
    Ilasaba's Excuses
    Onri Murien's Hidden Wishes
    Zeirinia's Silent Admission

Telvanni Tomes:
    Closed By Order of the Abbot
    Communications Between Nilphas and Thoryn
    Survey of the Alavelis Mine
    Edited by Holger30 on July 1, 2023 8:03PM
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Any news on the Tales of Tribute clues that can't be read again?

If you read them with an alt (by mistake or without knowing that you can't get the clue again) you can't read them again with your main character (in my case, I collect books with my main toon).

SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dragonnord wrote: »
    Any news on the Tales of Tribute clues that can't be read again?

If you read them with an alt (by mistake or without knowing that you can't get the clue again) you can't read them again with your main character (in my case, I collect books with my main toon).

The best solution would be a routinely updated collection like they just implemented for the Impresario’s Catalogue. (It turned out something went very strange with the Slayer’s Note, which I was not missing before the patch but was missing afterwards. Reading the new catalogue awarded it.)

Unfortunately we haven’t heard anything about doing this for ToT clues yet, though. It makes me wonder if the devs are aware you can’t continue to get clues you’ve already added to your account, so it isn’t just a matter of grinding again.
  • EnerG
    EnerG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone have an addon recommendation for edict memory books? I use lorebooks but it takes so long to update it makes me wonder if ppl aren't really using it enough to update the database on time.
  • fall0athboy
    fall0athboy
    ✭✭✭✭
    EnerG wrote: »
    Does anyone have an addon recommendation for edict memory books? I use lorebooks but it takes so long to update it makes me wonder if ppl aren't really using it enough to update the database on time.

I've been making my way through Necrom to get the information. It's just a matter of the mod author confirming my data and updating it.
    Edited by fall0athboy on June 10, 2023 4:25AM
  • fall0athboy
    fall0athboy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is there a count on how many books are in Sanity's Edge?
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    Is there a count on how many books are in Sanity's Edge?

My list say "4" but my grp just pushed forward ;(
  • fall0athboy
    fall0athboy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Updated UESP with the locations of the 4 Sanity's Edge books:

*Archwizard Twelvane's Decree
    *Death to All Mages
    *History of the Dreamstone
    *Warlock Vanton's Research Proposal
    Edited by fall0athboy on June 13, 2023 4:20AM
  • fall0athboy
    fall0athboy
    ✭✭✭✭
    EnerG wrote: »

Lorebooks just updated, it has most of the Telvanni Peninsula and Necrom-city stuff.

I'm working my way through Apocrypha right now.
  • Germakochi
    Germakochi
    ✭✭✭
    Is there actually a file or something for the location of the new books until the addon gets update for all books? Because I still need 15 books from Apocryphal Pages, 16 books from Telvanni Tomes and the Challenge of the Paramount from Tomes of Tributes. I don't know what the last one even is. It can't be a clue because I already got all clues for all card upgrades. Appreciate any help.
    Edited by Germakochi on June 13, 2023 4:59PM
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Germakochi wrote: »
    Is there actually a file or something for the location of the new books until the addon gets update for all books? Because I still need 15 books from Apocryphal Pages, 16 books from Telvanni Tomes and the Challenge of the Paramount from Tomes of Tributes. I don't know what the last one even is. It can't be a clue because I already got all clues for all card upgrades. Appreciate any help.

You can try UESP’s Log Data Viewer:

https://content3.uesp.net/esolog/viewlog.php?record=book

(You can search for an individual item in the top right.)

It lists coordinates, so having a map add-on that provides those will help.

It sometimes provides odd data, but in general that’s how I’ve tracked down a lot of books I was missing in game. Not sure how well it has the new ones covered yet. But it will, for example, tell you that History of the Dreamstone is in Sanity’s Edge:

https://content3.uesp.net/esolog/viewlog.php?record=location&filter=bookId&filterid=8887
  • Germakochi
    Germakochi
    ✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    Germakochi wrote: »

You can try UESP’s Log Data Viewer:

https://content3.uesp.net/esolog/viewlog.php?record=book

(You can search for an individual item in the top right.)

It lists coordinates, so having a map add-on that provides those will help.

It sometimes provides odd data, but in general that’s how I’ve tracked down a lot of books I was missing in game. Not sure how well it has the new ones covered yet. But it will, for example, tell you that History of the Dreamstone is in Sanity’s Edge:

https://content3.uesp.net/esolog/viewlog.php?record=location&filter=bookId&filterid=8887

Thanks a lot. This is very helpful.
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know where to find Cipher Akacirn's journal? I hope I didn't miss it in the quest. It was not part of any location I could find.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know where to find Cipher Akacirn's journal? I hope I didn't miss it in the quest. It was not part of any location I could find.

I am pretty sure it's the part of the series of fetch quests where you need to find several dead ciphers, similar to the miners in Arkthzand, Hircine acolytes in Reach and whoever those were in Deadlands.
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am pretty sure it's the part of the series of fetch quests where you need to find several dead ciphers, similar to the miners in Arkthzand, Hircine acolytes in Reach and whoever those were in Deadlands.

Yes, but WHERE? Where do you find it? I'm pretty sure I missed it.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

• Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also missing "closed by order of the abbot" (main quest), and "communications between nilphas and thoryn" (kimel-ze)
    Edited by Djennku on June 14, 2023 4:31PM
    @Djennku, PCNA.

• Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, if anyone knows where the book "survey of the aveilis mine" is, please let me know
    @Djennku, PCNA.

• Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like I missed another one. "Morian Zenas cell note"
    @Djennku, PCNA.