The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help

• Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GeneralEU wrote: »
    This books are fixed with Necrom Chapter

Note to Cynric
    Va4xUGm.jpg

lonewolf26 wrote: »
    Did anyone happen to find Ode to the Nose of a Woman?

Ode to the Nose of a Woman
    8ixeYC8.jpg

Finally !!! Thanks a lot !!!
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Note to Cynric
    Va4xUGm.jpg

8ixeYC8.jpg

Where ok the map is note to cynric

Better? :open_mouth:
    iw6hw9yv10oz.jpg

Maybe he would know where is that book on the map.... maybe...
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    Note to Cynric marked as fixed on PTS:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7857639/#Comment_7857639

Can anyone confirm?

My request on the PTS forum has been heard. Happy to know that :-)
  • Daniel141182

Note to Cynric
    Va4xUGm.jpg

8ixeYC8.jpg

iw6hw9yv10oz.jpg

No thats enough i know where on the map that is now
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭

Note to Cynric
    Va4xUGm.jpg

8ixeYC8.jpg

iw6hw9yv10oz.jpg

Honestly? If someone is hunting for books/notes, they probably know where they lost them. Anyway, Note to Cynric has been mentioned many times where can be find "during quest" as well as other bugged books/notes.
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭

Note to Cynric
    Va4xUGm.jpg

8ixeYC8.jpg

iw6hw9yv10oz.jpg

Honestly? If someone is hunting for books/notes, they probably know where they lost them. Anyway, Note to Cynric has been mentioned many times where can be find "during quest" as well as other bugged books/notes.

Honestly? If they missed the book only obtainable during the specific quest sequence, and the fix places is somewhere else post-quest, they probably have no idea where.
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭

Note to Cynric
    Va4xUGm.jpg

8ixeYC8.jpg

iw6hw9yv10oz.jpg

Honestly? If they missed the book only obtainable during the specific quest sequence, and the fix places is somewhere else post-quest, they probably have no idea where.

Fortunately for you, you can see where it is, and I was looking for this field with sunflowers for a good 20 minutes :D
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin Are you guys aware of the bug with some quest related lorebooks (Like the journal of Justiciar Avanaire from tor-hame-kard) that if picked up by a group member doing the quest with you prevent you from accessing said book for the eidetic memory completely? If so, can we expect a fix or post quest book for those in the future?

There a few lorebooks like that one where if you fail to get it from the quest, there's no post quest location. Would love to have access to them for those of us who were unfortunate enough to accidently not catalogue those books.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • birdmann1230
    Djennku wrote: »
    @ZOS_Kevin Are you guys aware of the bug with some quest related lorebooks (Like the journal of Justiciar Avanaire from tor-hame-kard) that if picked up by a group member doing the quest with you prevent you from accessing said book for the eidetic memory completely? If so, can we expect a fix or post quest book for those in the future?

There a few lorebooks like that one where if you fail to get it from the quest, there's no post quest location. Would love to have access to them for those of us who were unfortunate enough to accidently not catalogue those books.

Yes those Summerset ones I did when I was brand new to the game and didn’t know that the eidetic memory lore existed. Those four letters are currently lost to me.
  • agwm_2014
    agwm_2014
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin please pass our big thanks to whomever involved in this latest set of lorebooks that were fixed, it's a huge step forward.

What remains pending from my list is a solution for the Tribute clues (because after upgrading the card with a non main toon you don't have any possibility to learn the related lorebooks with your main).
    Perhaps a creative solution like your team implemented for the Impresario books is needed here (something like a Tales of Tribute clues book near the Tribute area in Gonfalon Bay or when you clic on an upgraded card in your Tales of Tribute Patrons section in your Collections area, you get the associated lorebook if you didn' have it already). That would enable you to do it with multiple toons, regardless if the original clue is consumed after the 1st time.
    Edited by agwm_2014 on April 30, 2023 9:40AM
  • fall0athboy
    fall0athboy
    ✭✭✭✭
    agwm_2014 wrote: »
    @ZOS_Kevin please pass our big thanks to whomever involved in this latest set of lorebooks that were fixed, it's a huge step forward.

What remains pending from my list is a solution for the Tribute clues (because after upgrading the card with a non main toon you don't have any possibility to learn the related lorebooks with your main).
    Perhaps a creative solution like your team implemented for the Impresario books is needed here (something like when you clic on an upgraded card, you get the associated lorebook if you didn' have it already). That would enable you to do it with multiple toons, regardless if the original clue is consumed after the 1st time.

The dream goal that I have is that all bookshelf-exclusive lorebooks finally get a place in the overworld.

Like Introduction to Aedric Studies.
  • Germakochi
    Germakochi
    ✭✭✭
    Do you guys know any other way to acquire the Letter from Leramil the Wise from the prologue Quest of Necrom Eye of Fate. You have to get it from the crown store and red from the inventory but I didn't know and found the NPC to get the quest and now I can't read the letter. Any help is appreciated.
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    Germakochi wrote: »
    Do you guys know any other way to acquire the Letter from Leramil the Wise from the prologue Quest of Necrom Eye of Fate. You have to get it from the crown store and red from the inventory but I didn't know and found the NPC to get the quest and now I can't read the letter. Any help is appreciated.

Lucky for you you have 3 nice locations <3
    j6tydqvm6lq5.jpg
    ou561x41j82o.jpg
    xk5x009xaf9z.jpg

People who want to help find the books added to the Necrom list are here:
    You find one of these book? Say where etc.
    <LINK REMOVED>
    Edited by GeneralEU on May 12, 2023 6:01PM
  • Germakochi
    Germakochi
    ✭✭✭

j6tydqvm6lq5.jpg
    ou561x41j82o.jpg
    xk5x009xaf9z.jpg

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YIaubUnwe_ZadJkOQ1vMBIoIhVrc1RQUeV1ucwsbHVU/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks a lot. I got it.
    Now I need to know if the Purities of Mania is bugged or if it is acquirable after the quest of Ember? Does anyone know?

Another one is In The Deep Tombs in the Reach that is supposed to be in Reachwind Depths but I can't find it and can't find any information about it.
    Edited by Germakochi on April 30, 2023 10:31PM
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭

j6tydqvm6lq5.jpg
    ou561x41j82o.jpg
    xk5x009xaf9z.jpg

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YIaubUnwe_ZadJkOQ1vMBIoIhVrc1RQUeV1ucwsbHVU/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks a lot. I got it.
    Now I need to know if the Purities of Mania is bugged or if it is acquirable after the quest of Ember? Does anyone know?

Another one is In The Deep Tombs in the Reach that is supposed to be in Reachwind Depths but I can't find it and can't find any information about it.

Purities of Mania: Looks like it's bugged if you didn't read it during the quest with Ember in the Tor Draioch Arcane Library location. You can try to form a group with someone who can enter the room. (I haven't checked if this is possible)

The Deep Tombs: As far as I remember, it is obtainable, but you have to follow the route as during the normal quest. She should be next to one of the cells.
    Edited by GeneralEU on April 30, 2023 10:54PM
  • Germakochi
    Germakochi
    ✭✭✭

j6tydqvm6lq5.jpg
    ou561x41j82o.jpg
    xk5x009xaf9z.jpg

Thanks a lot. I got it.

Purities of Mania: Looks like it's bugged if you didn't read it during the quest with Ember in the Tor Draioch Arcane Library location. You can try to form a group with someone who can enter the room. (I haven't checked if this is possible)

The Deep Tombs: As far as I remember, it is obtainable, but you have to follow the route as during the normal quest. She should be next to one of the cells.

It is sadly not possible to follow the route of the quest in Reachwind Depths because you get teleported to the last room.
    It seems that the Final Dream of Kasorayn is also still bugged, obtainable only through porting to someone. :(
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭

j6tydqvm6lq5.jpg
    ou561x41j82o.jpg
    xk5x009xaf9z.jpg

Thanks a lot. I got it.

It is sadly not possible to follow the route of the quest in Reachwind Depths because you get teleported to the last room.
    It seems that the Final Dream of Kasorayn is also still bugged, obtainable only through porting to someone. :(

Fixed next update (Necrom). You'll be able to enter the room after finishing the quest.

EDIT: meant that for the ember quest book. Also, go back a page/scroll up. They discussed all the updates to books coming in Necrom. :)
    Edited by Djennku on May 1, 2023 4:19AM
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭

j6tydqvm6lq5.jpg
    ou561x41j82o.jpg
    xk5x009xaf9z.jpg

Thanks a lot. I got it.

You are wrong when you say "It is sadly not possible to follow the route of the quest in Reachwind Depths because you get teleported to the last room."
    If you use the elevator to get inside "DO NOT GO AHEAD TO THE DOOR!" in front of you. Only on the right side there is a metal grate and it is "interactive" so you can enter the area you need. You only need to walk part of this area and look for the cell and it will be there.
  • Germakochi
    Germakochi
    ✭✭✭

j6tydqvm6lq5.jpg
    ou561x41j82o.jpg
    xk5x009xaf9z.jpg

Thanks a lot. I got it.

You are wrong when you say "It is sadly not possible to follow the route of the quest in Reachwind Depths because you get teleported to the last room."
    If you use the elevator to get inside "DO NOT GO AHEAD TO THE DOOR!" in front of you. Only on the right side there is a metal grate and it is "interactive" so you can enter the area you need. You only need to walk part of this area and look for the cell and it will be there.

Thank you a million times. I got the book from Reachwind Depths.
    I try to read every reply but must have overlooked the one with the Purities of Mania, sorry.

I have another question though. Does anyone have a good route to farm bookshelves in Galen? I farm the shelves in Vastyr every day but they are pretty rare.
    How long does it take to refresh the bookshelf?
    Edited by Germakochi on May 1, 2023 3:56PM
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭

j6tydqvm6lq5.jpg
    ou561x41j82o.jpg
    xk5x009xaf9z.jpg

Thanks a lot. I got it.

I try to read every reply but must have overlooked the one with the Purities of Mania, sorry.

I have another question though. Does anyone have a good route to farm bookshelves in Galen? I farm the shelves in Vastyr every day but they are pretty rare.

During and after the quest "The Ivy Throne" we get access to a library with 6-8 Bookcases in vastyr.
    Check this post: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7752549/#Comment_7752549
    But that's probably not all the bookshelves in Galen. In my experience, it's about 24 hours.
    Edited by GeneralEU on May 1, 2023 5:06PM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

j6tydqvm6lq5.jpg
    ou561x41j82o.jpg
    xk5x009xaf9z.jpg

Thanks a lot. I got it.

During and after the quest "The Ivy Throne" we get access to a library with 6-8 Bookcases in vastyr.
    Check this post: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7752549/#Comment_7752549
    But that's probably not all the bookshelves in Galen. In my experience, it's about 24 hours.

That is a good place for bookcases in Galen, but some of the lorebooks reportedly come from bookcases in Vastyr. There are a few in the bank, but surprisingly none in the Mages Guild. There are 2-3 houses near the castle that require trespassing but have a number of bookcases. I did a round through there each day, not even bothering to steal items. I thought it was sort of funny at the time but also not funny if you know what I mean.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Germakochi
    Germakochi
    ✭✭✭

j6tydqvm6lq5.jpg
    ou561x41j82o.jpg
    xk5x009xaf9z.jpg

Thanks a lot. I got it.

Thank you again a milion times. You are literally my saver.
  • Germakochi
    Germakochi
    ✭✭✭
    I have another question. I still need the book Unhallowed Legions. Everyone in this thread says, it's probably in the bookshelves of IC. It would be the last book then because I got all others but in-game it says the book is in the bookshelves of Shadowfen. I am confused who is right. Can anyone help?
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    I have another question. I still need the book Unhallowed Legions. Everyone in this thread says, it's probably in the bookshelves of IC. It would be the last book then because I got all others but in-game it says the book is in the bookshelves of Shadowfen. I am confused who is right. Can anyone help?

According to the data and my experience can be found in Imperial City or Imperial City Sewers. Sorry, but you have to go and check every bookshelf in IC and IC Sewers.
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭

According to the data and my experience can be found in Imperial City or Imperial City Sewers. Sorry, but you have to go and check every bookshelf in IC and IC Sewers.

Also note that every campaign has separate bookshelves (and there will likely be additional campaigns during the mayhem).
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭

Also note that every campaign has separate bookshelves (and there will likely be additional campaigns during the mayhem).

True, I completely forgot about it, but during Mayhem there are a lot of NBs who are just waiting for the victim.
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭

True, I completely forgot about it, but during Mayhem there are a lot of NBs who are just waiting for the victim.

Yeah, kinda would pay to go in full stealth and with detection, or in an anti-gank build.
    Edited by MreeBiPolar on May 6, 2023 7:25PM
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    I have good news. In Necrom "Quest Notes/Books" are bound to the quest and cannot be skipped (There are probably only 1 or 2 that are not related to the quest but I guess you can get them otherwise) I found 90%. The rest is from Trial, bookshelf or not found.
    o4bkeqq6bmmt.jpg
    5b5cy8qkn4et.jpg
    Edited by GeneralEU on May 7, 2023 8:17PM
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have good news. In Necrom "Quest Notes/Books" are bound to the quest and cannot be skipped (There are probably only 1 or 2 that are not related to the quest but I guess you can get them otherwise) I found 90%. The rest is from Trial, bookshelf or not found.
    o4bkeqq6bmmt.jpg
    5b5cy8qkn4et.jpg

That could also be a bad news unless they fixed the problem with quest books often ticking as objective and becoming unreadable for other group members though... Can anyone on pts test that?
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    o4bkeqq6bmmt.jpg
    5b5cy8qkn4et.jpg

That could also be a bad news unless they fixed the problem with quest books often ticking as objective and becoming unreadable for other group members though... Can anyone on pts test that?

I did it solo so I can't confirm that.