The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help

• GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    I think books Cipher Akacirn's journal, survey of the aveilis mine, closed by order of the abbot, communications between nilphas and thoryn and Morian Zenas cell note are bugged and not place in world
  • Peppo_Lives
    Peppo_Lives
    ✭✭✭
    i found Cipher Akacirn's journal in the same room that his final quest send you to investigate a book (it's inside a delve i believe?) - there's an interactable ladder that send you on an upper ledge and i found it there - morian zenas cell notes should be around feral gallery but i haven't found it (and i'm not going to close quest until it's found or fixed), same for communications between nilphas and thoryn, zemel-ke quest remain unfinished :disappointed:
    i'll try to do those quest with another toon to see if those books have a post quest location or are available only post-quest (weird i know, but with zos anything is possibile -.-')
    PC-EU - Eidetic Memory / Codex / Recipes Collector - 60K+ Achievement Points
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    i found Cipher Akacirn's journal in the same room that his final quest send you to investigate a book (it's inside a delve i believe?) - there's an interactable ladder that send you on an upper ledge and i found it there - morian zenas cell notes should be around feral gallery but i haven't found it (and i'm not going to close quest until it's found or fixed), same for communications between nilphas and thoryn, zemel-ke quest remain unfinished :disappointed:
    i'll try to do those quest with another toon to see if those books have a post quest location or are available only post-quest (weird i know, but with zos anything is possibile -.-')

"Cipher Akacirn's journal" huh, i need check this but i know now one thing "i have bugged this book"
  • sPark101
    sPark101
    ✭✭✭
    Errors/bugs are deliberate time sinks, the more the better.
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks to @Peppo_Lives find it but well this was a stupid place ;/ And now i know i have this book bugged ;(
    9pzr02lc4yui.jpg
    j2padl2538gd.jpg

• EnerG
    EnerG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am missing in telvanni tomes,

Closed by order of abbot, I assume this is bugged

Commentary on fate dialectable, I assume this is azanders last quest that I haven't gotten too yet

Communications between nilphas and thoryn, heard others say this is bugged

Survey of alaveis mine
    And

The spotted towers.

Are the last two bugged as well?
  • EnerG
    EnerG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnerG wrote: »
    Does anyone have an addon recommendation for edict memory books? I use lorebooks but it takes so long to update it makes me wonder if ppl aren't really using it enough to update the database on time.

I've been making my way through Necrom to get the information. It's just a matter of the mod author confirming my data and updating it.

How do you upload data too the author? I'm pretty thorough in my searching perhaps I can help them too?
  • tim77
    tim77
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm missing the following books (the same names seem to keep popping up in the community)

Telvanni Tomes:
    • Closed By Order of the Abbot
    • Communications Between Nilphas and Thoryn
    • Survey of the Alavelis Mine

Apocryphal Pages:
    • Ilasaba's Excuses
    • Onri Murien's Hidden Wishes
    • Zeirinia's Silent Admission

Edited by tim77 on June 17, 2023 9:13AM
  • Marcelovski
    Marcelovski
    ✭✭✭
    tim77 wrote: »
    I'm missing the following books (the same names seem to keep popping up in the community)

Telvanni Tomes:
    • Closed By Order of the Abbot
    • Communications Between Nilphas and Thoryn
    • Survey of the Alavelis Mine

Apocryphal Pages:
    • Ilasaba's Excuses
    • Morian Zenas Cell Note
    • Onri Murien's Hidden Wishes
    • Zeirinia's Silent Admission

While I'm not sure how helpful this is, I noticed that in the German version of the game, the books you mentioned (except Morian Zenas Cell Note) still have English names, i.e. they have not been translated. The same is true for "Challenge of the Paramount".
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone have an addon recommendation for edict memory books? I use lorebooks but it takes so long to update it makes me wonder if ppl aren't really using it enough to update the database on time.

I've been making my way through Necrom to get the information. It's just a matter of the mod author confirming my data and updating it.

How do you upload data too the author? I'm pretty thorough in my searching perhaps I can help them too?

Lorebooks has an option on the EU server to automatically collect and upload the data.
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    If anyone missed "Cipher Akacirn's journal", all you have to do is make a group with the person who is doing the "Akacirn the Deathless" quest and go down to the Portal in "Quires Wind". Then for the second person who has already completed the quest, can enter there:
    Video:
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    Morian Zenas Cell Note
    ry7kbaeq3ooh.jpg
    zrrw6wrlisob.jpg
    87jypksp1oq3.jpg
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @GeneralEU Appreciate it! Thank you!
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anyone knows where these books are, please let me know:
    Notes On Doors to Oblivion
    Iizabas excuses
    Onri Murian's Hideen Wishes
    Zaniba's Silent Admission

Survey of the Avaelis mine
    Notes from Nilphas and Thoryn
    The Spotted Towers
    Closed by Order of the Abbot
    @Djennku, PCNA.

• Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, I'll be keeping a toon open with the "Akacirn the Deathless" quest on PCNA for anyone missing the journal.
    Edited by Djennku on June 16, 2023 10:57PM
    @Djennku, PCNA.

• GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    I find books but i forget make a screenshot:

Notes On Doors to Oblivion - In the next room where Morian and the woman are. Go left (not where the quest leads) and more or less at the end there will be a hole in the wall and you have to go down there.

The Spotted Towers - Next to the Argonian woman near the tower where we do the Lovesick quest
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GeneralEU wrote: »
    I find books but i forget make a screenshot:

Notes On Doors to Oblivion - In the next room where Morian and the woman are. Go left (not where the quest leads) and more or less at the end there will be a hole in the wall and you have to go down there.

The Spotted Towers - Next to the Argonian woman near the tower where we do the Lovesick quest

Morian sure does love his holes. XD thank you!
    @Djennku, PCNA.

• tim77
    tim77
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morian Zenas Cell Note
    ry7kbaeq3ooh.jpg
    zrrw6wrlisob.jpg
    87jypksp1oq3.jpg

thats a mean one. thx so much!
  • tim77
    tim77
    ✭✭✭✭
    Germakochi wrote: »
    Is there actually a file or something for the location of the new books until the addon gets update for all books? Because I still need 15 books from Apocryphal Pages, 16 books from Telvanni Tomes and the Challenge of the Paramount from Tomes of Tributes. I don't know what the last one even is. It can't be a clue because I already got all clues for all card upgrades. Appreciate any help.

these can be very helpful: and/or
    other than that i also use the logDataViewer like already mentioned in another comment: and this addom to locate the coordinates: (but use this addon only for a short time, i have often game freezes after some minutes while its activated. so i only use it for the last few missing ones if they have coords and immediately deactivate and reload ui after i found them. If you have a game freeze just kill eso in taskmanager and restart)

---
    and finally to get the english names of the books i use the ESO-DB. You can easily switch between german and english on top of the pages and copy/paste the books, so i dont need to type them and change language ingame:
    example:
    Edited by tim77 on June 17, 2023 10:15AM
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    Germakochi wrote: »
    Is there actually a file or something for the location of the new books until the addon gets update for all books? Because I still need 15 books from Apocryphal Pages, 16 books from Telvanni Tomes and the Challenge of the Paramount from Tomes of Tributes. I don't know what the last one even is. It can't be a clue because I already got all clues for all card upgrades. Appreciate any help.

these can be very helpful: and/or
    other than that i also use the logDataViewer like already mentioned in another comment: and this addom to locate the coordinates: (but use this addon only for a short time, i have often game freezes after some minutes while its activated. so i only use it for the last few missing ones if they have coords and immediately deactivate and reload ui after i found them. If you have a game freeze just kill eso in taskmanager and restart)

---
    and finally to get the english names of the books i use the ESO-DB. You can easily switch between german and english on top of the pages and copy/paste the books, so i dont need to type them and change language ingame:
    example:

For cordinations better use this:
    https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1257-uespLog.html
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone find the book "Communicatiobs between Nilphas and Toryn" yet? Looked everywhere in Kemel-Ze and can't find it.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

• MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got "Bringing Home the Trolls" bugged in that I have read it, but it shows as unread in my eidetic memory.

• tim77
    tim77
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got "Bringing Home the Trolls" bugged in that I have read it, but it shows as unread in my eidetic memory.

if i remember correct, this wasnt a quest book. in a delve called something like comonnaruhn? maybe you can just pick it up again?
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭

if i remember correct, this wasnt a quest book. in a delve called something like comonnaruhn? maybe you can just pick it up again?

It is no longer active, much like that book at the crash site in High Isle, forgot the name, was.
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    qu558merixnv.jpeg

Yes!! Now to see which books and where.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

• GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    I have hope this books also fixed if was bugged:

Closed By Order of the Abbot
    Communications Between Nilphas and Thoryn
    Ilasaba's Excuses
    Onri Murien's Hidden Wishes
    Survey of the Alavelis Mine
    Zeirinia's Silent Admission
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    The "Slayer's Note" got added to Eidetic memory.

Hopefully, these readables would get added, too:

"Tomb of Ja'darri" (besides not being in Eidetic memory, it's inaccessible after the quest though).
    "Job Offer"
    Indrik diagram
    Bench near Orsinium museum
  • LordTarannor
    LordTarannor
    Soul Shriven
    I still cant find Naliara´s Notes, Day 13 is there still no Post quest location? Does somebody have an idea where to find it?
    Edited by LordTarannor on June 20, 2023 11:19AM
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still cant find Naliara´s Notes, Day 13 is there still no Post quest location? Does somebody have an idea where to find it?

It's in King's Haven pass in the lower area befor the door to the caves.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

• Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have hope this books also fixed if was bugged:

Closed By Order of the Abbot
    Communications Between Nilphas and Thoryn
    Ilasaba's Excuses
    Onri Murien's Hidden Wishes
    Survey of the Alavelis Mine
    Zeirinia's Silent Admission

Anyone find these books yet?

Also, anyone know where the page "challenge of the paramount" is? This one is related to the new ToT master. Haven't found him either.
    Edited by Djennku on June 21, 2023 12:51PM
    @Djennku, PCNA.