Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Dark Brotherhood - somewhat disturbing

• MuddledMuppet
    MuddledMuppet
    ✭✭✭✭
    [Quoted content removed]

As gruesome as possible? Nowhere near close.
    Edited by [Deleted User] on June 6, 2016 11:03PM
    Options
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being this game is set for adults, no it's not an issue.
    Options
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Makkir wrote: »
    Being this game is set for adults, no it's not an issue.

Yup.
    Seriously though, I would see more issues with portraying murders as something "benevelent" and "not disturbing". Its just simply wrong on so many levels. Being an assassin and killing innocents is not the most honorable thing in the world.
    As Luciene Lachance said, DB members kill for money and pleasure, and ofc for Sithis. The concept itself is disturbing.
    Edited by LadyNalcarya on June 6, 2016 11:15PM
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
    Options
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like it when my templar taps them on the shoulder and then stabs them in the face when they turn around :lol: I love the blade of woe so much, how could anybody dislike it? Its so much fun! I cannot walk past an npc without murdering them any more :blush:
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

Recently we've had to remove a few posts for insulting behavior and flame. While it is perfectly fine to disagree with other members of the community, we have to ask that you do so in a civil manner and avoid using targeted attacks towards others with opposing opinions. For continuation of this discussion, please be sure to keep the Forum Rules in mind to prevent any action on ones account.

Thank you for understanding!
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Averya_Teira
    Averya_Teira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game is rated Mature..... deal with it.
    Edited by Averya_Teira on June 6, 2016 11:24PM
    Options
  • Lenikus
    Lenikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello everyone,
    Recently we've had to remove a few posts for insulting behavior and flame....
    Ha, My comment was safe, and so was the Pinkie Pie clip, the thread lives on !
    Edited by Lenikus on June 6, 2016 11:33PM
    ... Mai cave. >:3
    Options
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lenikus wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

Would be funny if they would remove video with animations from vanilla Skyrim XD

PC/EU
    Options
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello everyone,

Would be funny if they would remove video with animations from vanilla Skyrim XD

And my epic list of games is still there too :D
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
    Options
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SadieJoan wrote: »
    I like it when my templar taps them on the shoulder and then stabs them in the face when they turn around :lol: I love the blade of woe so much, how could anybody dislike it? Its so much fun! I cannot walk past an npc without murdering them any more :blush:

Heheh, aye, same here, my nb was born for this, targets, and targets of opportunity.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

Options
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hello everyone,

Savage smile, or even better, the kill animations from the legendary Dance of Death mod:}
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

Options
  • ArvenAldmeri
    ArvenAldmeri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude, you realize there is rating for a reason, right?! If you are not in age to watch it, sorry to say it, but its your own problem. Dont complain about something you basically agreed on.

[Edit to remove insulting content]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on June 7, 2016 8:39PM
    Magicka sorcerer from start until the end. Always. Through the good times and the bad, even now when its probably saddest PvE dps it has ever been.
    Even as an owner of one radiant apex mounts I am against radiant apex mounts and anything thats not obtainable by direct purchase.
    Options
  • phobossion
    phobossion
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get why so many people keep smashing the OP because of "mature rating, deal with it and [Snip]". He just wrote he finds it disturbing... If the game would portrait e.g. [Snip] in graphical detail, it would surely be also disturbing to many (most, even?), it has nothing to do with the rating...

[Edit to remove censor bypass]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on June 7, 2016 9:00PM
    Options
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    phobossion wrote: »
    I don't get why so many people keep smashing the OP because of "mature rating, deal with it and [Snip]". He just wrote he finds it disturbing... If the game would portrait e.g. [Snip] in graphical detail, it would surely be also disturbing to many (most, even?), it has nothing to do with the rating...

Using your analogy, it would be the following situation:
    There is a quest that involves your character doing that to random women. And there's a person who is not happy because the animation of this is too graphic for their tastes. They're not against doing that to those female npcs, its the animation that disturbs them, not the action.
    Since OP joined a guild of assassins, he/she is probably not against just killing npcs...
    Of course, this topic itself is much more disturbing, but the whole "I want to kill but blood disturbs me" sounds really weird.

And storytelling-wise, dark things should be portrayed as dark things. Asking to sugarcoat murders breaks immersion and is more disturbing in my opinion than any video game gore scenes.

PC/EU
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    phobossion wrote: »

Using your analogy, it would be the following situation:
    There is a quest that involves your character doing that to random women. And there's a person who is not happy because the animation of this is too graphic for their tastes. They're not against doing that to those female npcs, its the animation that disturbs them, not the action.
    Since OP joined a guild of assassins, he/she is probably not against just killing npcs...
    Of course, this topic itself is much more disturbing, but the whole "I want to kill but blood disturbs me" sounds really weird.

And storytelling-wise, dark things should be portrayed as dark things. Asking to sugarcoat murders breaks immersion and is more disturbing in my opinion than any video game gore scenes.

These are very good points, which you are making - I just doubt, the OP will understand them.
    Options
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the BoW's cutaways are tame as hell compared to some other games. even skyrims kill animations where brutal. It is part of the game though not mandatory, my friend did all of the DBH quests without using the BoW.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
    Options
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm probably going to be a voice in the wilderness here, but I have to say that I find certain aspects of Dark Brotherhood to be quite disturbing.

The whole 'run around and knife people in the back' thing in particular. While I've had no issue in the past with sneaking and stealing (which is quite fun) I find the graphics for the DB assassinations to be very confronting. Was it really necessary, in this age of excess and graphic violence online, to add this disturbing level of cutaway?

As I say, I'll probably be in the minority with this opinion, but it is getting to the stage for me that I probably won't continue with the DB guild line because of this. I just wish there was an option to not have these cutaways show.

Wow. If you don't like killing things, maybe try a different MMO. I recommend club penguin.
    Options
  • Xylphan
    Xylphan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm probably going to be a voice in the wilderness here, but I have to say that I find certain aspects of Dark Brotherhood to be quite disturbing.

The whole 'run around and knife people in the back' thing in particular. While I've had no issue in the past with sneaking and stealing (which is quite fun) I find the graphics for the DB assassinations to be very confronting. Was it really necessary, in this age of excess and graphic violence online, to add this disturbing level of cutaway?

As I say, I'll probably be in the minority with this opinion, but it is getting to the stage for me that I probably won't continue with the DB guild line because of this. I just wish there was an option to not have these cutaways show.

Wow. If you don't like killing things, maybe try a different MMO. I recommend club penguin.

Dammit Tyrone. :smile:
    Options
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well... I took my new alt to Anvil to complete the first quest and receive the Blade of Woe. All I can say is, THANKS ESO, you've now turned me into a mass murderer because I can't stop killing NPCs just to watch the cut-scenes. ;) Seriously, I now find myself killing people just because it's so much more cool to do so now.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
    Options
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Game is rated M.
    Also if something, this game actually lacks of bloody stuff.

Edited by Anhedonie on June 7, 2016 2:38PM
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
    Options
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jircris11 wrote: »
    the BoW's cutaways are tame as hell compared to some other games. even skyrims kill animations where brutal. It is part of the game though not mandatory, my friend did all of the DBH quests without using the BoW.

How could your friend do all those quests without using the blade? The first thing you have to do is use it to advance in the questline.
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS will not make it more gory - they want the european market and it is quite easy for a game with gore in europe, to be put on the index and this means then, that it cannot be openly sold in stores, you cannot openly advertise the game and so on.

That is why Fallout 3 for example got a special german version without gore - it is just available in german language as well, because the english one was not accepted for profanity. Without this Fallout 3 could not have been sold in germany. There is no dismembering of limbs in this version. Bloody mess perk had no blood whatsoever. It didn't happen to Fallout 4 though.

It depends a bit on what kind of people decide about the matter of indexing a game. But once it is on the index, it cannot be sold openly anymore nor advertised. In Europe a game can pass with a whole lot of sex in it, but not with too much or too realistic gore. And that is basically why ZOS has to be careful with stuff like this - and sexual themes are quite harmless in ESO due to the american public, not the european one. Sex is no issue for europeans, unlike in north america. Another side effect of being on the index would be, that the EU server would have to move - you cannot run an indexed game as an MMO.
    Options
  • Shadowfx1970
    Shadowfx1970
    ✭✭✭
    Troneon wrote: »
    I feel like im playing assasins creed one again except it's a cheap repetitive version over a decade old :D

Honestly you could buy assasins creed one on steam for way cheaper and get more of a game and content than DB DLC lol

Not saying it's bad for ESO overall but for sure it's almost identical in assassins creed one gameplay and design, especially the sacraments..

Assassin's_Creed_cover.png

Would be cool if they gave us the ability to climb buildings like you can in AC1

I'm not overkeen on the cutscene sometimes I play and my son is in the room normal combat etc is pretty good for being toned down enough to not have to worry, however, can't play DB DLC when he's around as I wouldn't want him seeing that, just my personal view.

In some respects it's ok I get to spend more time watching cartoons with my son, seriously you don't know what you are missing Ben and Holly's Little Kingdom can be seriously funny :)
    I went outside once, the graphics were awesome but the gameplay sucked
    Options
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm more annoyed that I can't be a supporter of Akatosh than I am about the animations.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
    Options
  • Blacksheepart
    Blacksheepart
    ✭✭✭
    Solution: Don't play DB.
    ★🕱 || Eelelia || 🕱★
    Tertiary Meat

Options
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm more annoyed that I can't be a supporter of Akatosh than I am about the animations.

It might be nice to see some "Counter" guilds in future DLCs. They would be mutually exclusive. So if they released a Dawnguard DLC and you have a vampire, you wouldn't be able to play through that story line as a vamp, you'd have to get cured first. So the passive skill lines would be mutually exclusive. I can see them doing this down the road. It would be a great path to take for the enterprise.

Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
    Options
  • RavenRoxie
    RavenRoxie
    ✭✭✭✭
    SadieJoan wrote: »

Me toooo! >^,...,^<
    Phantogram DC | Wood Elf | Magicka Nightblade/ | DPS | 856cp
    False Paradox | AD | Wood Elf | Non Combative Nightblade | Crafter | 856cp
    @RoxieParadoxx | Twitch | Twitter
    Options
  • b92303008rwb17_ESO
    b92303008rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think ZOS have been handling mature contents, including violence and erotica, in a quite tasteful or even a bit implicit way, considering it's rated M. ESO is already one of the few M rated MMOs in the industry. Please leave it that way.
    Options
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm probably going to be a voice in the wilderness here, but I have to say that I find certain aspects of Dark Brotherhood to be disturbing.

PS: I knew it was an iffy opinion to post, since so many people enjoy this sort of visceral graphic gaming. Yes, I did indeed play Skyrim for a little while - not for long as my computer at the time couldn't really handle it. I don't recall it being so bloodthirsty but perhaps time has glossed over the memory. I won't stop playing this very enjoyable game because of one small aspect, and as has been suggested, I can avoid it personally. I was literally just voicing an opinion on that small aspect. Its fine if you disagree, but if you could do it without being a poopoohead that would be nice.

Not gonna lie, I didn't want to "kill an innocent" in the gold coast to start DB up. Looked for a way around just randomly murdering someone.

But once I got going, I kill them just because they are walking by and are alone now.
    Options
  • Ethromelb14_ESO
    Ethromelb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm probably going to be a voice in the wilderness here, but I have to say that I find certain aspects of Dark Brotherhood to be disturbing.

PS: I knew it was an iffy opinion to post, since so many people enjoy this sort of visceral graphic gaming. Yes, I did indeed play Skyrim for a little while - not for long as my computer at the time couldn't really handle it. I don't recall it being so bloodthirsty but perhaps time has glossed over the memory. I won't stop playing this very enjoyable game because of one small aspect, and as has been suggested, I can avoid it personally. I was literally just voicing an opinion on that small aspect. Its fine if you disagree, but if you could do it without being a poopoohead that would be nice.

I don't know about anybody else, but all you did was sell me on how cool and accurate the DB have been portrayed. I can't wait to play it.
    Motto: Make deceivers believers.

Strength of character is not a physical thing. -E
    Walking a mile in someone else's shoes, has nothing to do with the path taken. -E

An accusation of elitism, is an indirect recognition of one's own inferiority. -E

The best way to prove someone wrong, is to do better yourself. -E

I keep forgetting to remember to get a photographic memory.
    Options