The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Nightblades

• Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lokey0024 wrote: »
    Xvorg wrote: »
    DDuke wrote: »
    @Lokey0024 , how about you stop embarrassing yourself? In most threads you blather such incredible nonsense that really makes taking you seriously difficult.

First of all, most good players do not run mace - if you're a stamina DK I wouldn't even run sharpened.

Sword>Mace against every target with less than 25% mitigation (most stamina builds & all light armor builds) & also against anyone using a dmg shield (most of the magicka builds).

Secondly, if you're a stamina DK & you've got Corrosive, Defending or Nirnhoned are the traits you'll want on your weapon.

I mean, DK is a secondary class for me, but even I know this stuff.
    @Lokey0024 wrote:
    Here is a challenge for the NB defenders out there. Play one week without cloak, l2p, then come back and tell everyone how hard it is to play a NB.

Ironically, cloak not working is the main reason stamina NBs are very weak at the moment in PvP. If cloak actually worked, I think the class would be balanced with the rest as you'd be able to reliably use your defensive skill.

Cloak failing to function is the same as if a magicka sorc casted Hardened Ward, and instead of giving the sorc a shield it just goes *poof* and nothing happens. You can imagine what happens next.

according to what he has said here, nothing, since the ultra-super-extra health regen of 15% is strong enough for taking you outta there

Even when NBs are at the rocky bottom, there's people still complaining and shouting "nerf NBs, too OP".

If you want to comment on something ive stated it would be better to take it in context. The guy said the health regen is one reason why dks are so tanky. I said nbs have better health regen and decent health recieved bonuses as well.
    That's not what i said makes nightblades great tanks. Siphoning attacks is.

To many words?

No way kid. 15% extra health regen for a burst clas that only rellies on cloak for mitigation? Do you think any smart NB is ever going to increase his health regen?

You increase your stam or your magicka regen because the only ways you have to survive a battle is killing the other or running away unseen. And the second has been already nerf, so, what do you think?

339722308127484093d1a05c5e05f293.png

Let's see, Leap + flappy wing's + talons = 12% extra health regen. Throw igneous + obsidian shard + flame leash and you have a strong functional build that heals better and do even moar dmg than a NB

(it is so good I'm planning to use it)
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
    Options
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And every slotted siphoning ability gives you 3% healing recieved on a NB. If its a magika nb using funnel health gives you 8% more healing . done on top of the3% recieved. And can get major mending from heavy attacking on resto bar.

Here is a challenge for the NB defenders out there. Play one week without cloak, l2p, then come back and tell everyone how hard it is to play a NB.

I do fine without cloak. I also do fine with cloak.
    Options
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bowmanz607 wrote: »
    I do fine without cloak. I also do fine with cloak.
    It is an incredible coincidence that you say this.

I have NEVER run without Dark Cloak/Shadowy Disguise on my front bar. I just COULDN'T without feeling like I was doing everything wrong.

However, I just dusted off my melee Magblade on a whim, moved Dark Cloak to the back bar and put the new and improved Annulment on my front bar.

And HEAUX. LEE. COW.

I have NEVER enjoyed a melee build as much as the one I just started playing about 20 minutes ago.

"BARRA AGEA RY SOU KARAN" for all you lore nerds out there.

o:)
    Edited by milesrodneymcneely2_ESO on June 6, 2016 7:54PM
    Options
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lokey0024 , how about you stop embarrassing yourself? In most threads you blather such incredible nonsense that really makes taking you seriously difficult.

First of all, most good players do not run mace - if you're a stamina DK I wouldn't even run sharpened.

Sword>Mace against every target with less than 25% mitigation (most stamina builds & all light armor builds) & also against anyone using a dmg shield (most of the magicka builds).

Secondly, if you're a stamina DK & you've got Corrosive, Defending or Nirnhoned are the traits you'll want on your weapon.

I mean, DK is a secondary class for me, but even I know this stuff.
    @Lokey0024 wrote:

Ironically, cloak not working is the main reason stamina NBs are very weak at the moment in PvP. If cloak actually worked, I think the class would be balanced with the rest as you'd be able to reliably use your defensive skill.

Cloak failing to function is the same as if a magicka sorc casted Hardened Ward, and instead of giving the sorc a shield it just goes *poof* and nothing happens. You can imagine what happens next.

according to what he has said here, nothing, since the ultra-super-extra health regen of 15% is strong enough for taking you outta there

Even when NBs are at the rocky bottom, there's people still complaining and shouting "nerf NBs, too OP".

If you want to comment on something ive stated it would be better to take it in context. The guy said the health regen is one reason why dks are so tanky. I said nbs have better health regen and decent health recieved bonuses as well.
    That's not what i said makes nightblades great tanks. Siphoning attacks is.

To many words?

No way kid. 15% extra health regen for a burst clas that only rellies on cloak for mitigation? Do you think any smart NB is ever going to increase his health regen?

You increase your stam or your magicka regen because the only ways you have to survive a battle is killing the other or running away unseen. And the second has been already nerf, so, what do you think?

339722308127484093d1a05c5e05f293.png

Let's see, Leap + flappy wing's + talons = 12% extra health regen. Throw igneous + obsidian shard + flame leash and you have a strong functional build that heals better and do even moar dmg than a NB

(it is so good I'm planning to use it)

Moar dmgz, eh. Well i hope it does good by you. I didnt think it had the damage to compete, or the finishing power but that's just me.
    Options
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And every slotted siphoning ability gives you 3% healing recieved on a NB. If its a magika nb using funnel health gives you 8% more healing . done on top of the3% recieved. And can get major mending from heavy attacking on resto bar.

That's easy in Duels I don't even use cloak it'd a waste of a slot.Open world can also work just use Shade most players open world don't know how to counter it.

Also we are talking about Stamina NB and StamDk here not Magical NB Stamblades only use siphoning attacks from that skill line and maybe power extraction now.So we won't get that bonus.
    Options
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive already gone to far trying to explain this crap. Just dont be suprised when cyrodiil is emptier then it already is, or join the zerg.
    Options
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gothren wrote: »
    Wow, how is this thread a thing? Nightblades are worse than they've ever been, and some people have the audacity to complain about them being "op". Sigh, forums.

So far it's been another patch of "play magplar and wait for ZOS to fix cloak", except cloak is even worse than it was before.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/269339/db-bug-cloak-is-broken
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/269632/cloak-problem-or-old-man-reaction-time

Worse than every lol.... yeah thats a laugh. Doubt you have the "audacity" to look around and see the changing demographics and trends happining in the pvp environment right now. There is a large shift in the amount of nightblades playing in cyrodill right now. Hardcore pvp'ers who have played sorc for a majority of their time in cyrodill are now entering pvp with nightblades or another class. So tell me again how your poor wittle class is so underpowered....

Popular=/=Strong

Most people in this game have little to no clue on how to create a strong character build, so they flock to the already popular classes. That, and count the fact that "rogue" or "assassin" classes are always the most popular ones in MMORPGs.

Or maybe they just like ganking, because that is all you can do now as a Nightblade. Instagib someone & run for the hills as soon as a single good player shows up.

A Nightblade without functional cloak is like a Sorc without functional Hardened Ward.
    QFT.
    NBs rock at killing stuff. They are the rulers of stealth. We are second to none at ganking/one shots from stealth. No one contests these. They are a NBs strengths. What I found audacious, is that some are so biased against the class that they attempt to argue that NBs also have the best mitigation or healing, or even DPS. IN these attempts, numbers are falsified, weapon/other skill lines are used, fallacy is confused with logic, and opinions are presented as facts. Then the masses blindly agree because they got ganked...
    Read this thread in it's entirety and note who's numbers have been proven false or exaggerated and who has responded to facts with insults or silence. It's quite revealing.

Options
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Lol one week? I haven't had cloak on my bar since the Thieves Guild PTS patch notes came out. Cloak is garbage. It's so inconsistent that I only used it as a purge, and when ZOS decided that only Templars are allowed to have that; I took it off my bar.

ZOS needs to buff Nightblades so that they're more powerful outside of stealth because they have rendered our class's main defense ability useless.
    Options
  • outsideworld76
    outsideworld76
    ✭✭✭

ZOS needs to buff Nightblades so that they're more powerful outside of stealth because they have rendered our class's main defense ability useless.

Ooh... so the ability to just 'disappear' is a useless one? In that case they should give it to all other classes so they can have this worthless ability on their bar as well, that will balance the classes for sure.
    Options
  • NolaArch
    NolaArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys are complaining about a class that can go invisible for what 2.9 seconds ? When other games that have classes that can go into perma stealth ?? Is this your first mmo ? ESO picked up some real trolls the past year.

Exactly. As a stam NB, I don't and can't use cloak. I can get off maybe three before it becomes unavailable, and I'm out of magicka. By then, anyone with two seconds of thought devoted to mitigating it has pulled me out. And wasted both my time and their time. I prefer to stay unhidden, and just go toe to toe right away.
    Ardat-Yakshii EP Stam NB
    36k anchovy club
    Mash the buttons, hope for the best!
    I have some achievements
    Options
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Ooh... so the ability to just 'disappear' is a useless one? In that case they should give it to all other classes so they can have this worthless ability on their bar as well, that will balance the classes for sure.

When it doesn't work and only wastes your magicka - sure.

And yeah, let's make Hardened Ward fail to grant a shield 75% of time, let's make DK healing passives only work 15% of the time & let's make Templar heal & cleanse only work 10% of the time. That'll go well with the community...
    Options
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes its useless when just about 2/4 of the abilities in the game can knock you out of cloak.Not of mentioned you can of invisible try invisibility potions and your gone like a NB.
    Options
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jaronking wrote: »

Yes its useless when just about 2/4 of the abilities in the game can knock you out of cloak.Not of mentioned you can of invisible try invisibility potions and your gone like a NB.

Lol a buddy of mine used to be butt hurt against Nightblades because they can cloak. I told him to try an invisibility potion. So he tried using it during combat and was immediately taken out of it. He was like "what the heck? That didn't work at all" I told him welcome to the world of a Nightblade.
    Options
  • Allister101_ESO
    Allister101_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Stamina NB, gimp since launch, calls to be nerfed, Sorc OP since launch, people cry when it's nerfed, Tempalr OP AF atm, nobody says anything. Huh.
    Options
  • Zenetrax
    Zenetrax
    ✭✭✭
    NotPhobia wrote: »
    Ok so first off i have to ask , why tf are nbs getting buffs ??? The have the best survivability , dmg and sustain , they have an ultimate that cost 50 and does insane dmg plus heal debuffs you ...but in dark brotherhood that ultimate is also going to STUN and CC you... I dont understand why they keep getting buffs when they need major nerfs , i mean its hard to make a NB build because all their abilities are GOOD , might as well give NBs 7 ability slots on each bar while your at it ZOS , NBs are a serious issue rignt now and they just continue to get better and better , like why is there a class where you can go invisible... not to mention most NBs use shuffle that already immidigates %99.9 of dmg. Soory for the rant , NBs are just ruining my PvP experience and im about to quit with all the buffs that class keeps getting .

So what do you guys think are some nerfs a nb should get ?

ZOS needs to read this , NBs are broke!!!!!!!!

Just make a Nightblade and be one of us LOL. You know what they say, if you can't beat them join them. :P
    Options
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina NB, gimp since launch, calls to be nerfed, Sorc OP since launch, people cry when it's nerfed, Tempalr OP AF atm, nobody says anything. Huh.

Do you have any idea how long I've been saying this? You'll get a lot of resistance calling out the OP Templars though.
    Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Do you have any idea how long I've been saying this? You'll get a lot of resistance calling out the OP Templars though.

the 15 mts punct strike spammer... that's the best one.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
    Options