The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Nightblades

NotPhobia
NotPhobia
✭✭✭
Ok so first off i have to ask , why tf are nbs getting buffs ??? The have the best survivability , dmg and sustain , they have an ultimate that cost 50 and does insane dmg plus heal debuffs you ...but in dark brotherhood that ultimate is also going to STUN and CC you... I dont understand why they keep getting buffs when they need major nerfs , i mean its hard to make a NB build because all their abilities are GOOD , might as well give NBs 7 ability slots on each bar while your at it ZOS , NBs are a serious issue rignt now and they just continue to get better and better , like why is there a class where you can go invisible... not to mention most NBs use shuffle that already immidigates %99.9 of dmg. Soory for the rant , NBs are just ruining my PvP experience and im about to quit with all the buffs that class keeps getting .

So what do you guys think are some nerfs a nb should get ?

ZOS needs to read this , NBs are broke!!!!!!!!
  • NotPhobia
    NotPhobia
    ✭✭✭
    Not mention , READ the NBs passives , they are so superior to any other classes , its ridiculous , just take the class out of this game , why is there a class where u can go INVISIBLE!!!!
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are being optimized. They balanced the game around them not being able to achieve 100% and now are bringing them up to it. They will be OP AF this next dlc. I think the lead pvp designer isnt to bright, or is real bright and biased.
  • Panth141
    Panth141
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NotPhobia wrote: »
    Not mention , READ the NBs passives , they are so superior to any other classes , its ridiculous , just take the class out of this game , why is there a class where u can go INVISIBLE!!!!

You lost the potential for any constructive discussion right here.
    PS4 EU - Panth141 | CP 630+
    Dominion
    Almalexia's Fallen - Magicka Dragonknight - PvE Main
    Lost Hope of Sotha Sil - Magicka Dragonknight - PvP Main
    Claws-in-pockets - Stamina Nightblade - PvE/P DPS
    Nocturnal's Guise - Magicka Nightblade - PvE DPS
    Udun - Magicka Templar - PvP Healer
    Onsi's Shattered Blade - Stamina Sorcerer - Dungeon/vMA Farmer
    Stands-like-Mountains - Magicka Nightblade - PvE Saptank
    Auri-El's Forgotten Light - Magicka Sorcerer - PvP DPS

Covenant
    Tharkün - Magicka Sorcerer - PvE DPS
    Rahai-Anaa - Stamina Dragonknight - Provisioner (lol)

Pact
    Perolis - Magicka Sorcerer - Enchanter/Alchemist/BwB PvP

• NotPhobia
    NotPhobia
    ✭✭✭
    Panth141 wrote: »

You lost the potential for any constructive discussion right here.

I know they wont take it out , it was just a rage comment.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then why don't you try playing one and learn to play?
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish they would take all the classes out, but leave the class skill lines open for anybody. Problem between 'I hate nightblades' and 'why are sorcerers still overpowered after two hole years' are then gone.

Sure, you'd still have complaints about those using teleport strike or bolt escape, but they could change a single skill without having to worry about the whole class being balanced around it.
    Ruze Aulus. Mayor of Dhalmora. Archer, hunter, assassin. Nightblade.
    Gral. Mountain Terror. Barbarian, marauder, murderer. Nightblade.
    Na'Djin. Knight-Blade. Knight, vanguard, defender. Nightblade.

XBOX NA
    Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The problem is that NB Stam has too much burst and too little sustain or survivability.

That's fine if all you want to do is gank. But less so for trials, PVE and large-scale group PVP. In large scale you have caltrops everywhere, siege circles all over the place, and *everyone* has a pet healer with radiant magelight slotted and Jesus beam. Stam NB's are almost useless in this situation. They can't cloak or stay cloaked, they get blown up left and right by siege, and ganking doesn't work against coordinated team speak groups with healers, detect pots, and six people spamming Jesus beam.

Try one, you'll understand. It's still broken and this patch doesn't really fix it.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love the argument that a nightblade is OP...

I recommend playing as one for about a month and telling me they are "OP". They got poison damage instead of magic, kinda like DKs and Templars did with their actives/passives based on stam.

Oh, just wait till you get to try killing a sorc with ward stacking. I'll wait here =)
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok so first off i have to ask , why tf are nbs getting buffs ??? The have the best survivability , dmg and sustain , they have an ultimate that cost 50 and does insane dmg plus heal debuffs you ...but in dark brotherhood that ultimate is also going to STUN and CC you... I dont understand why they keep getting buffs when they need major nerfs , i mean its hard to make a NB build because all their abilities are GOOD , might as well give NBs 7 ability slots on each bar while your at it ZOS , NBs are a serious issue rignt now and they just continue to get better and better , like why is there a class where you can go invisible... not to mention most NBs use shuffle that already immidigates %99.9 of dmg. Soory for the rant , NBs are just ruining my PvP experience and im about to quit with all the buffs that class keeps getting .

lol. False. Nightblades have the best burst. That's it. Not DPS, not mitigation, not healing. Notice that DPS, mitigation (tank), and healing are the only 3 roles in the game. NBs excel at a subcategory of one role.

What are these buffs you keep talking about?
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    The problem is that NB Stam has too much burst and too little sustain or survivability.

That's fine if all you want to do is gank. But less so for trials, PVE and large-scale group PVP. In large scale you have caltrops everywhere, siege circles all over the place, and *everyone* has a pet healer with radiant magelight slotted and Jesus beam. Stam NB's are almost useless in this situation. They can't cloak or stay cloaked, they get blown up left and right by siege, and ganking doesn't work against coordinated team speak groups with healers, detect pots, and six people spamming Jesus beam.

Try one, you'll understand. It's still broken and this patch doesn't really fix it.

Preach
  • NotPhobia
    NotPhobia
    ✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »

I recommend playing as one for about a month and telling me they are "OP". They got poison damage instead of magic, kinda like DKs and Templars did with their actives/passives based on stam.

Oh, just wait till you get to try killing a sorc with ward stacking. I'll wait here =)

i have a NB , i just refuse to play such a broken class , its easy mode
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Half of you posting about how NB cant sustain damage need to l2 nightblade. Volley, caltrops, poison injection, twin rend, and this its for pve. Thread in light weave with sustain with syphon.

Siphoning strikes and 15% regen passive l2 use them. If you have crap regen, you have stupid high wep damage, or are just an idiot.

If you think NB is squishy you havent played any other class. They get 5200 armor/spell resist anytime they cast a shadow ability. No other class has this without using a barspace. They get 8% damage midigation on a cloak morph which is like having ANOTHER 5200 armor\resist.
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cloak is broken!!!!
    Remove that skill then you can buff NB!!
    Make cloak an ultimate or give it a cool down.
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Van_0S wrote: »
    Cloak is broken!!!!
    Remove that skill then you can buff NB!!
    Make cloak an ultimate or give it a cool down.

Yes your right cloak is broken any DoT will break it.Also use a dam AOE and you will find them L2P and you be fine.

@Lokey0024 people already told you how bad StamBlade are at PVE stop spending false information everyone know StamNB can't hold a candle to stamplar and Stamp DK in PVE .
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Lokey0024 on May 30, 2016 2:17AM
  • Astanphaeus
    Astanphaeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »

I did. They are so ridiculously overpowered. My first was a magicka one, but I am making a stam one for this update for when I want to just play the game in the more relaxed fashion of easy mode.
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NotPhobia - Have you ever played as a NB?

NB Cloak is an issue and needs a cooldown or higher cost if cast in quick succession, this i agree with but then it must also not be buggy as it has been lately.

I agree there are SERIOUS balance issues in this game,
    Stamina NB is one of the hardest hitting classes in the game,

BUT in order to do that we throw alot of sustain out the window,

@alcast was showing a build were you can literally nuke a guy from stealth,
    Run radiant mage light it mitigates 50% of stealth damage,
    Immediately giving you huge advantage over the ever sneaky NB..

Unfortunately the NB class is all about being Stealthy and Zenni will not just change that.
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Radiant Magelight+Impen = No more being instagibbed.
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »

And also no more killing ANY player before he runs back to his heal zerg. And just try to survive or even retaliate to a constantly pushing 8k+3k SAs/CWs with light attack weaving Nightblade.

Sorry, Alc, you are ignoring how this game's PvP works, you can only kill people in a very short cc window or they will heal/shield until you're getting overrun by his buddies. Of course, Nightblades excel at this like no other class. And even if they fail, they can just cloak out of the fight at will by design... D-pots and Magelight are not only a waste of resources, but also work spectacularily bad.

I am on OP's side. Why. the FART are Nightblades getting buffs??? They have been the dominant PvP class since IC, stamina or magicka, and there is a good reason why the top leaderboards always consist of many Nightblades. In the meantime, I am desperately looking for them magicka DKs in Cyro or stamina sorcs.

At LEAST don't buff the most powerful PvP class even more! Just leave it and spend your time on helping the classes that actually need it!
    >=(
  • NotPhobia
    NotPhobia
    ✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »

And also no more killing ANY player before he runs back to his heal zerg. And just try to survive or even retaliate to a constantly pushing 8k+3k SAs/CWs with light attack weaving Nightblade.

Sorry, Alc, you are ignoring how this game's PvP works, you can only kill people in a very short cc window or they will heal/shield until you're getting overrun by his buddies. Of course, Nightblades excel at this like no other class. And even if they fail, they can just cloak out of the fight at will by design... D-pots and Magelight are not only a waste of resources, but also work spectacularily bad.

I am on OP's side. Why. the FART are Nightblades getting buffs??? They have been the dominant PvP class since IC, stamina or magicka, and there is a good reason why the top leaderboards always consist of many Nightblades. In the meantime, I am desperately looking for them magicka DKs in Cyro or stamina sorcs.

At LEAST don't buff the most powerful PvP class even more! Just leave it and spend your time on helping the classes that actually need it!
    >=(

well said
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcs can escape with Streak, but at an increasing cost. I don't know why cloak doesn't carry that penalty. NB's will almost never admit to being ridiculously advantaged, because doing so would mean they aren't as awesome as they think.
  • Sethro_27
    Sethro_27
    ✭✭
    Try being an Argonian.
    I *** slap harder than you punch.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I too chose the Hist Life on one character. Maybe that Argonian resistance will be useful with poison and disease everywhere in DB, but I'm not counting on it.
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[snip]
    I have 7 NB and one Stamsorc, and the Stamsorc kills more [snip] then any NB I have.
    So just learn to play instead of crying about getting nerfs for a NB.
    It is like it is, my NB can not come on a VetRaid, cause there as well my Stamsorc deals more DMG then you ever can dream about.
    So get up and learn to play.
    CIA on the Battlefield

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_CoriJ on May 31, 2016 9:37PM
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lokey0024 wrote: »
    Half of you posting about how NB cant sustain damage need to l2 nightblade. Volley, caltrops, poison injection, twin rend, and this its for pve. Thread in light weave with sustain with syphon.

Siphoning strikes and 15% regen passive l2 use them. If you have crap regen, you have stupid high wep damage, or are just an idiot.

If you think NB is squishy you havent played any other class. They get 5200 armor/spell resist anytime they cast a shadow ability. No other class has this without using a barspace. They get 8% damage midigation on a cloak morph which is like having ANOTHER 5200 armor\resist.

lol. Literally no has said "NB can't sustain damage." Please actually read what people are posting.

What people have said is that NB can't sustain damage as well as other classes can. We are behind the other 3 classes in every category except burst damage.
    I happen to agree with @Alcast that it is insanely easy to counter a NBs burst simply because it requires stealth. Stealth happens to be the easiest in game mechanic to counter ever. I won't even bother to list them all (even Stamina classes now how "magelight" in the new Expert Hunter skill).

But I recognize that people have differing opinions on this. Even ZOS didn't think NB Cloak was worth nerfing (remember the huge Nerf-Cloak phase "everyone" was up in arms about?). If you honestly have trouble countering a NBs burst in Cyrodiil, go ahead and send me a tell in game (PC NA) and I'll see if I can help. :)
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lokey0024 wrote: »

lol. Literally no has said "NB can't sustain damage." Please actually read what people are posting.

What people have said is that NB can't sustain damage as well as other classes can. We are behind the other 3 classes in every category except burst damage.
    I happen to agree with @Alcast that it is insanely easy to counter a NBs burst simply because it requires stealth. Stealth happens to be the easiest in game mechanic to counter ever. I won't even bother to list them all (even Stamina classes now how "magelight" in the new Expert Hunter skill).

But I recognize that people have differing opinions on this. Even ZOS didn't think NB Cloak was worth nerfing (remember the huge Nerf-Cloak phase "everyone" was up in arms about?). If you honestly have trouble countering a NBs burst in Cyrodiil, go ahead and send me a tell in game (PC NA) and I'll see if I can help. :)

So what is lacking from NB arsenal that the other classes have? You can only keep up so many dots and still dps at the same time. If you look at the builds between dk and nb put up by reputable pve players they are almost exactly the same minus Maybe 1 or 2 abilities. NB also has a crit mod of10% adding to their every crit.

Of you think NB burst ONLY comes from stealth i think you have sadly misunderstood class mechanics. Grim focus (8%) passive crit bonus (2% per ability) crit damage mod (10%)that also gives minor savagery (6%crit) armor break on 2 abilities, one being on a spammable attack the other castable from stealth(8%). This, combined with unblockable aoe CC, make for very messy encounters. Point out any other class that synergizes this well with buffs. Go ahead, ill wait. Templars maybe? And impen has effect on EVERY class, not just NB. Actually they still will hit harder then the other classes. As well as building for crit resist. You gimp other forms of either damage output or damage mitigation

I'm not saying nerf anything. Im saying put the time into the other classes to make them this awesome to play. Ill give you an example. Dk is for prolonged fights. Give their dots minor or major defile so its harder to heal thru the constant damage. Or make sorc pets explode on command while attacking a target for burst.

Its easy to vaguely point out things as facts. if you Dont get to the meat of it, whats the point. you might want to think out what you want to say and what you Think Could be a good fix before posting. JS

Edited by Lokey0024 on May 31, 2016 11:47PM
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    magic damage was changed to disease so that it scale properly. Illogical to have magic damage on stam abilities. These changes are fixes, imo, not a buff. Incap strike always had a stun it was simply reworked. The damage on the teleport strike and death stroke were nerfed. Most times you will be CC before someone wastes their ult on you, so the stun, practically speaking, is irrelevant. Shuffle is available to all. there are a million counters to cloak.
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bowmanz607 wrote: »
    magic damage was changed to disease so that it scale properly. Illogical to have magic damage on stam abilities. These changes are fixes, imo, not a buff. Incap strike always had a stun it was simply reworked. The damage on the teleport strike and death stroke were nerfed. Most times you will be CC before someone wastes their ult on you, so the stun, practically speaking, is irrelevant. Shuffle is available to all. there are a million counters to cloak.

This is true. They balanced around the gimped form of nightblade and then fixed them, buffing them by doing this.

Edited by Lokey0024 on May 31, 2016 11:50PM
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Incap strike hits just as hard as soul harvest if built in a similar fashion. Grim focus hits slightly less than relentless focus when built similarly. Killer's blade hits less than and scales at lower health than executioner. Power extraction hits as hard as steel tornado before steel tornado scales with health lost. How many people were using these abilities in the past? Incap strike was little to none. Killer's blade was little to none. Power extraction was probably none. Grim focus was used for buff not really for the proc as much. This game was not previously balanced around these gimp abilities. No one was using them.
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Incapacitating strike is the 250 cost ult standard of might for dks and the110 cost take flight meshed together and all damage is done up front. And it's half the cost of take flight. Stam synergizes the magic dmg component by using ambush first to empower it, like wrecking blow did for dk dunk (wb to take flight) and was better because the defile AND bonus 20% damage for the next couple of attacks right after. Magika nb didnt have a class empower with a gap closer for the quick hit empowered ult that is real hard to predict.