Dark Brotherhood Sorcerer Q&A

• Natas013
    Natas013
    ✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »
    Natas013 wrote: »
    TheKingDab wrote: »

Pets are utterly useless
    Your vision of Sorcerers running around with pets has failed, just get rid of them already and replace with a viable spammable ability. It's shocking that we don't have a viable ability that can be frequently used, for that, I need to rely on Weapon abilities.

in the respect of removing summons, no, you speak only for yourself in this instance. Conjuration is a integral part of the Elder Scrolls series, and needs to be included. dont like them? dont play them. myself and many others prefer the summon/pet playstyle in many a mmo, we enjoy it.

They do not need to be removed, merely buffed, and additional control over the summons AI and Targeting needs to be implemented, that is all, but even now i prefer them, as i know the lore, and i could not play without them. ZOS would lose more players than they would game by doing as you suggested.

Im a summoner in ESO, im a necromancer in Rift, GW2, AdventureQuestWorlds, and Skyforge, i use a Carrier starship in star trek online and beam down away teams to help, i am a wizard that focuses on necromancy and summoning in DDO, I play a sorcery superhero in DC Universe online.In Swtor....come on, everyone is technically a pet class there, and since i completed every storyline, im everything there.
    My point is that, however badly implemented, so many people love the summoning playstyle and struggle to make it work in ESO. Calling for its removal, instead of a buff to it, is a insult to myself and many who enjoy this playstyle.

I don't think pets should be removed, like overload should, I just think they should be moved. Why should sorcs be shackled with these toggles? Why shouldn't all classes be able to summon daedra? I'll bet if they made daedric summoning a world skill line next patch, they'd be playable the following patch. :joy:

Replace it with frost magic skill line, or necromancy. I know some of you may be asking how would necromancy be any different from what we got. For one zombies have always been DoTs in TES that expire if not killed, with the exception of dead thrall in Skyrim. All sorts of mitigation passives would fit well with either frost or necromancy. I like the idea of necromancy more for its more versatile in what could be done with it, including a life steal melee spamable skill.

Turn dark exchange to a ranged damage dealing ability that converts a portion of damage dealt to mag/stam and we're in business. Break us away from being so reliant on shields!!!

Yeah... undead expired, because they were summons just like some deadric creatures, and summons expired.

Which is why I don't understand why pets were toggles in the first place… should've always been DoTs IMO.
    RIP Ellania Delome
    June 9, 2015-June 14, 2016
    A skilled crafter, competent sorcerer, and denizen of the night
    Along came the Dark Brotherhood and summarily ended it all
    Options
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dred76 wrote: »
    @wrobel @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

I've read through this Q&A and I don't see where the changes to the sorc class match your listed intents in any category.

vMA is not a reliable indicator of the function of the sorc class. It requires a specific skill setup and an understanding of the specific mechanics for each of the trials within vMA. These specific setups do not translate into the other areas of game play, such as PvP. Did you note my use of the word "specific"? I hope so.

Pets have no functional method of control. No attack, stay, come, aggressive stance, passive stance, etc.. they are not reliable as a result. For those that choose to play the sorc as a pet class, this should be a concern.

Toggles are bad! End of statement. Just stop trying to make this work please. No one can afford the button real estate across two bars for lack luster abilities and uncontrollable pets.

I would love to see some diversity and build options with the sorc class, however the choice to strip our skills and replace or repair none of them doesn't lend to that line of thought.

I'm not sure where this idea for 6 second "anything" keeps coming from, but frankly it's a bad idea that needs to be dropped. This was attempted with Templar shields and no one used them as a result. 6 seconds is not 6 useable seconds. Add any other buff cast, or a bar swap or the standard Cyro lag. And 6 seconds is less than 4 usable. 10 should be the minimum and frankly with the lack of any other form of damage mitigation with the sorc class, this should be longer. We are the only class that has no means of passive mitigation without making our passives useless.

Has there been any thought on having class advocates appointed that can engage with the devs on ideas for change and practical implementation? Having an advocate that both plays the class regularly and can translate ideas and concerns in a professional manor to the dev teams may help to cut through the sea of forums voices and help polarize and clarify issues, ideas and solutions.

I so wish they'd form an advocates group for each class and discuss changes with them before implementing... Clearly none of the Devs plays a sorcerer in end game PvE, except maybe for VMA, only content sorcerers still felt strong.
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The survivability was completely tied into our wards.

No class heal - eventually one came tied to a pet and 2/3 slots.

Absolutely no mitigation through passives or abilities, One buff that is automatically removed by armor/class passives or abilities. Light armor passives removes boundless, NB abilities remove more than our single move etc...

We have no health passives... 10% to health regen? So what 30 more... -_-

If you wanted us to use Non-Wards for our survivability... you should have given us the tools to actually so that.

Make it where Boundless provides a 20% mitigation boost.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, having played my sorcerer on the live release, I can say the sorcerer is still okay to play. There were several changes made for the live release that really received little or no mention in the pts. These are my experiences between vmsa and pvp.

1. Sorc Execute - The reaction time on the execution detonation is now practically instant. Like to the point where it always goes off as part of my rotation. It is no longer essentially a wasted shot, and I have never since the DB patch knocked an enemy to the new 20% mark and then killed him with another crushing shock before the explosion. Please, for the love of sorcs do not ever put this back the way it was or anywhere in between.
    2. Dark Conversion - People tend to freak out about this one in the forums about how aweful this thing is. I've liked the dark deal morph for a while, because I could place it on my overload bar and gain 3k stam and some health every second. With the sorc shield, you almost alway have a second. Now Dark Deal restores 5K stamina and 9.5K health from the saftey of my shield for 2.2K magicka. This is a good thing. Even in pvp, LoS behind a tree and gain 5k stam for the inevitable break free coming up.
    3. Surge - I'm running power surge. The ability to dodge roll and get a (now 4k) healing proc from LL, desto wall, or even boundless storm is pretty nice.
    4. Ward Nerf - This still sucks from a matter of convenience, but honestly, With the above changes I have had much more success with my sorc than before the DB patch. I'm pretty sure there was a cost reduction as well.
    5. Negate - HOLY F**K this is now amazing in pvp. Instead of being the only ultimate that you could break free from and then have it literally do nothing, it now serves as a zone of "NO zergball! you are not casting spells here dammit" and deals a little damage or healing on top of it. It actually feels like an ultimate now.
    6. There is now a weapon enchant which boosts spell damage as well as weapon damage. This is good.
    7. With a little champ point movement, the new Nirnhoned weapons may not be as bad as people say. They seem to boost my spell damage outright which is never a bad thing.
    8. Bone Shield - Blocks both damage types but scales off of health rather than stamina. So frankly stamina build dps in pvp are not really running it.
    9. camo hunter - I believe this no longer hits for OP stealth damage, so for the most part I have not been 1-shot from stealth (vamp) since the update, even without keeping ward up all the time. No more "Camo Hunter 7.5k, Focused Aim 8k, Camo Hunter 7.5k" on my death recaps is appreciated.
    10. VD - In 10 hours of pvp, I think it killed me once. As far as I can tell, it is no longer executing people for free, so nb bombers just about disappeared for me.
    11. PVP lag - I'm not sure what happened here. My ping did not go over 500-600 even with 3 factions poplocked and haxus det balling in Rayles with 2 raids DC fighting them. What ever you fixed/changed even by accident, THANK YOU
    12. Cheater Ban - Enemy groups are getting wrecked by me and or my guild (Blood of Daggerfall) since the bans and patch. There is no way this is not related.

This list was actually longer than I expected now that I look at it, but all of these things are improvements to the sorc or to the game as a whole. Sorc does not deal top dps, but I have always viewed the sorc as a dps that is hard to kill. Dead dps deals no damage, and sorcs can keep themselves alive through quite a bit.

I have been pretty pessimistic about the changes to sorc and shields, but against all odds @Wrobel did not screw the class into oblivion for me. I would like to see default duration of sorc ward increase a few seconds, but having played with all of the changes, I can live.
    Edited by Drummerx04 on June 2, 2016 6:38PM
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drummerx04 wrote: »
    Okay, having played my sorcerer on the live release, I can say the sorcerer is still okay to play. There were several changes made for the live release that really received little or no mention in the pts. These are my experiences between vmsa and pvp.

1. Sorc Execute - The reaction time on the execution detonation is now practically instant. Like to the point where it always goes off as part of my rotation. It is no longer essentially a wasted shot, and I have never since the DB patch knocked an enemy to the new 20% mark and then killed him with another crushing shock before the explosion. Please, for the love of sorcs do not ever put this back the way it was or anywhere in between.
    2. Dark Conversion - People tend to freak out about this one in the forums about how aweful this thing is. I've liked the dark deal morph for a while, because I could place it on my overload bar and gain 3k stam and some health every second. With the sorc shield, you almost alway have a second. Now Dark Deal restores 5K stamina and 9.5K health from the saftey of my shield for 2.2K magicka. This is a good thing. Even in pvp, LoS behind a tree and gain 5k stam for the inevitable break free coming up.
    3. Surge - I'm running power surge. The ability to dodge roll and get a (now 4k) healing proc from LL, desto wall, or even boundless storm is pretty nice.
    4. Ward Nerf - This still sucks from a matter of convenience, but honestly, With the above changes I have had much more success with my sorc than before the DB patch. I'm pretty sure there was a cost reduction as well.
    5. Negate - HOLY F**K this is now amazing in pvp. Instead of being the only ultimate that you could break free from and then have it literally do nothing, it now serves as a zone of "NO zergball! you are not casting spells here dammit" and deals a little damage or healing on top of it. It actually feels like an ultimate now.
    6. There is now a weapon enchant which boosts spell damage as well as weapon damage. This is good.
    7. With a little champ point movement, the new Nirnhoned weapons may not be as bad as people say. They seem to boost my spell damage outright which is never a bad thing.
    8. Bone Shield - Blocks both damage types but scales off of health rather than stamina. So frankly stamina build dps in pvp are not really running it.
    9. camo hunter - I believe this no longer hits for OP stealth damage, so for the most part I have not been 1-shot from stealth (vamp) since the update, even without keeping ward up all the time. No more "Camo Hunter 7.5k, Focused Aim 8k, Camo Hunter 7.5k" on my death recaps is appreciated.
    10. VD - In 10 hours of pvp, I think it killed me once. As far as I can tell, it is no longer executing people for free, so nb bombers just about disappeared for me.
    11. PVP lag - I'm not sure what happened here. My ping did not go over 500-600 even with 3 factions poplocked and haxus det balling in Rayles with 2 raids DC fighting them. What ever you fixed/changed even by accident, THANK YOU
    12. Cheater Ban - Enemy groups are getting wrecked by me and or my guild (Blood of Daggerfall) since the bans and patch. There is no way this is not related.

This list was actually longer than I expected now that I look at it, but all of these things are improvements to the sorc or to the game as a whole. Sorc does not deal top dps, but I have always viewed the sorc as a dps that is hard to kill. Dead dps deals no damage, and sorcs can keep themselves alive through quite a bit.

I have been pretty pessimistic about the changes to sorc and shields, but against all odds @Wrobel did not screw the class into oblivion for me. I would like to see default duration of sorc ward increase a few seconds, but having played with all of the changes, I can live.

How the f are you gettin a 4k heal from surge? You mean PvE right?

People stand in your negate bubble?

You thought VD was proccing before the player died?

Um... sure
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • Cinnamon_Spider
    Cinnamon_Spider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Wrobel The changes you've made to the class, and other skills, have pigeonholed Sorcs into one specific build/play style. You've made them much much less survivable. But worse than that, you've made them boring to play.
    Cinn #SorcLivesMatter
    Exquisite Bedlam - Sorcerer AD rank 34
    Cinnamonspiderdreams - Sorcerer EP rank 24
    Synaris Astarte - Templar DC rank 24
    Cinnamon Spider - Nightblade AD

Youtube - Cinnamon_Spider
    Options
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Wrobel The changes you've made to the class, and other skills, have pigeonholed Sorcs into one specific build/play style. You've made them much much less survivable. But worse than that, you've made them boring to play.
    Wrobel wrote: »
    We understand that Sorcerers would like more freedom... However... We don’t have any immediate plans to change this...

There, I edited his original response to answer your comment... That is what @Wrobel is rolling with.
    Edited by Grao on June 3, 2016 12:39PM
    Options
  • Tyrannitar
    Tyrannitar
    ✭✭✭
    This thread is titled Q&A.

More like @Wrobel answers the FAQs on all our nerfs with "yeah I meant for that to happen lol cry more" and allows 7 pages without a single response.

Please please please look into a new combat designer ZoS
    My Cat Two Chainz (Main) - AD Stam Sorc
    Post Malone - AD Mag Blade
    Ba'al Sahk- AD Stam DK
    Vampy Cat- AD Perma-WW Templar
    610 CP as of 12/12/2016
    Options
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyrannitar wrote: »

More like @Wrobel answers the FAQs on all our nerfs with "yeah I meant for that to happen lol cry more" and allows 7 pages without a single response.

I really wish he would do a real Q&A... Schedule a date and sit here in the forum for a whole 2 or 3 hours with a moderator or two to shield him from useless attack posts and answer our questions. Other games do that sort of thing, but not ZOS... I know it would be a bother, he'd need to be away from his work for those three hours, but it I think it would be worthwhile for the game.

That or ZOS should organize meeting in TS with groups of players that represent each class. Advocates for the classes that could point out issues, points in which the class is too strong and points in which the class is too weak... I doubt any of that will ever happen though.
    Options
  • Natas013
    Natas013
    ✭✭✭
    Grao wrote: »

I really wish he would do a real Q&A... Schedule a date and sit here in the forum for a whole 2 or 3 hours with a moderator or two to shield him from useless attack posts and answer our questions. Other games do that sort of thing, but not ZOS... I know it would be a bother, he'd need to be away from his work for those three hours, but it I think it would be worthwhile for the game.

That or ZOS should organize meeting in TS with groups of players that represent each class. Advocates for the classes that could point out issues, points in which the class is too strong and points in which the class is too weak... I doubt any of that will ever happen though.

I don't think they even care about DPS. Not saying this to be crass, but you'd think if something like DPS was on their radar, you wouldn't need add-ons to measure it.

That being said, they'd need to care about what players care about for such a thing to even work, let alone matter. I see if something like this were to happen, it'd be much like this thread. We'd have concerns based on what we see, and they'd have lopsided responses based on metrics we can't see. Makes me wonder, how much magicka you'd need for a 25k shield with 100 in bastion? How much spell crit can you achieve in 5 heavy? Even if you can eek out 40%, how would surge be better for a tank than dark deal? It's like they live in their own little world of candy canes and gumdrops, where sorcs are the antagonist to be crushed.

Then again, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.
    RIP Ellania Delome
    Options
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Natas013 wrote: »
    Grao wrote: »

I don't think they even care about DPS. Not saying this to be crass, but you'd think if something like DPS was on their radar, you wouldn't need add-ons to measure it.

That being said, they'd need to care about what players care about for such a thing to even work, let alone matter. I see if something like this were to happen, it'd be much like this thread. We'd have concerns based on what we see, and they'd have lopsided responses based on metrics we can't see. Makes me wonder, how much magicka you'd need for a 25k shield with 100 in bastion? How much spell crit can you achieve in 5 heavy? Even if you can eek out 40%, how would surge be better for a tank than dark deal? It's like they live in their own little world of candy canes and gumdrops, where sorcs are the antagonist to be crushed.

Then again, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

The problem with sorcerers isn't just DPS though, it goes a lot deeper... The class is not fun to play and that worse possible thing that can be said about a class in a game. Sorcerers are not fun to play in late game PvE... Half of our abilities are toggles or self buffs and our only truly great ultimate is so unsatisfying and unimpressive, you just spam left click and that is it. I remember when I was vr12 and while Negate was amazing, no sorcerer wanted to be the one using it because we wanted to drop atronachs for great DPS boost... Those two ultimates were once great and now... It is like the magic is gone and that is the worse death a game class can suffer.
    Options
  • potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Eric,

First I wanna say that you look like a real cool guys, and I really enjoy each of your apparition Inside ESO live cause it really helps me understand some of the change you are doing and it always feel great that a dev puts himself out there and talk about the stuff player are so critic about.

I've heard about this thread from @FENGRUSH and have been playing for a certain amount of time Inside imperial city, not with my sorcerer but as a stamplar and have found some specific issue that I feel can be adress about sorcerer as the new patch come out.

First the shield duration, before patch came out, attacking a sorcerer in open field was a risky pick. Good sorcerer can often be a pain to fight and now that their pvp shield is down at 6 second, they are way too easy to kill as you only have to time your cc ability within 5 second of their shield cast to almost insta kill them. I understand that shielding mecannics of the sorc was a real issue since it has that undergoing value of being reapply before it depleete but now that sorcerer have less time on their stronger shield, it doesn't seem fair to make them a fair fight since they have litterrally no way of surviving a good WB if they want to keep some burst and sustain in their build.

I was wondering if the 30% increase strengh of hardened ward was still a good position since those shield are really short lasting and most of the time people don't break through them while they last except with really strong bursty build. I'm also pretty sure that a good harness magika can't be burst through in 1v1 before it depleete. So my interrogation is... is the 30% durability is really usefull or if Sorcerer could not benefit of some kind of Healing more then from some kind of increase durability....

Options
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi Eric,

First I wanna say that you look like a real cool guys, and I really enjoy each of your apparition Inside ESO live cause it really helps me understand some of the change you are doing and it always feel great that a dev puts himself out there and talk about the stuff player are so critic about.

I've heard about this thread from FENGRUSH and have been playing for a certain amount of time Inside imperial city, not with my sorcerer but as a stamplar and have found some specific issue that I feel can be adress about sorcerer as the new patch come out.

First the shield duration, before patch came out, attacking a sorcerer in open field was a risky pick. Good sorcerer can often be a pain to fight and now that their pvp shield is down at 6 second, they are way too easy to kill as you only have to time your cc ability within 5 second of their shield cast to almost insta kill them. I understand that shielding mecannics of the sorc was a real issue since it has that undergoing value of being reapply before it depleete but now that sorcerer have less time on their stronger shield, it doesn't seem fair to make them a fair fight since they have litterrally no way of surviving a good WB if they want to keep some burst and sustain in their build.

I was wondering if the 30% increase strengh of hardened ward was still a good position since those shield are really short lasting and most of the time people don't break through them while they last except with really strong bursty build. I'm also pretty sure that a good harness magika can't be burst through in 1v1 before it depleete. So my interrogation is... is the 30% durability is really usefull or if Sorcerer could not benefit of some kind of Healing more then from some kind of increase durability....

One shield can easily be taken down within a second. So, please don't touch the Hardened Ward morph. >_>
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
    Options
  • potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Eric,

I've heard about this thread from FENGRUSH and have been playing for a certain amount of time Inside imperial city, not with my sorcerer but as a stamplar and have found some specific issue that I feel can be adress about sorcerer as the new patch come out.

One shield can easily be taken down within a second. So, please don't touch the Hardened Ward morph. >_>

More then it is easy to take you down and finish you while it fade ? // it's an honest question cause since DB it's been fairly easy to kill sorcerer, it is possible I'ven't met the best among them but it sure was way easier that it use to
    Edited by potirondb16_ESO on June 5, 2016 1:19AM
    Options
  • Natas013
    Natas013
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Eric,

Idk, adding an after effect to Hardened Ward after it expires (not is broken) might not be a bad idea. I don't like healing though, there's already a shield that does that. Giving increased damage mitigation based on the shields remaining strength for 4-6 seconds seems a fair trade off.

For that matter, what's so empowering about 10% more magicka regen? IMO this morph should increase spell power. Now that's empowering.
    RIP Ellania Delome
    Options
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi Eric,

More then it is easy to take you down and finish you while it fade ? // it's an honest question cause since DB it's been fairly easy to kill sorcerer, it is possible I'ven't met the best among them but it sure was way easier that it use to

You can try to apply DoTs and buff up, then cc me before it expires and attempt to burst me down. Or you can try to constantly pressure me to drain my resources. Or just right out break the shield and cc me, then kill me before I can react...

In the end, I have ways to deal with all of that, so you'll just have to find out with what an individual player has the most difficulties, nothing works unless your opponent makes a mistake. Except maybe Shieldbreaker.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
    Options
  • Natas013
    Natas013
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Eric,

You can try to apply DoTs and buff up, then cc me before it expires and attempt to burst me down. Or you can try to constantly pressure me to drain my resources. Or just right out break the shield and cc me, then kill me before I can react...

In the end, I have ways to deal with all of that, so you'll just have to find out with what an individual player has the most difficulties, nothing works unless your opponent makes a mistake. Except maybe Shieldbreaker.

Just hope I don't have to go with a cookie cutter build, I can't help but feel running one shield in PvP isn't going to be viable anymore. Guess I'll find out in nine days :confounded:
    RIP Ellania Delome
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @potirondb16_ESO makes a good point.

I was thinking about healing ward, it really heals you the moment it's cast (for the shield amount) because you either deal the shield damage or damage to their heal. (Of course crit mitigation makes this statement slightly untrue but you get the idea)(and of course sitting in execute range etc..)

But the point is, Hardened Ward without the 30% is actually worse than a theoretical hardened ward sacrificing the 30% for a 7k heal in example.

His point is, that because a ward (in the basic sense) is our health/heal, it gives another venue of thought when possibly combining the two for balance rather than taking on the issue in with a more linear thought process as they have done now.
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • deximasb14_ESO
    We think this is a fun idea. However, there is much deliberation when considering if an ability should be converted to Magicka or Stamina. The Clannfear’s heal currently scale off the player’s max Health, meaning this is an ideal ability for a tank. Tanks generally spend the majority of their Stamina blocking, and then use their Magicka for utility abilities and heals. This change would put a further tax on the tank’s Stamina resource which is at odds with the new change to constitution where tanks now get back more Magicka each time they are hit. On the whole, converting an ability is exciting because new builds are created, however it can be frustrating as old builds are destroyed.
    @Wrobel
    This. Just make pets scale like ults leave them exactly as they function do this and buff there dmg Or make cp work. Don't hurt now builds but add so much
    Options
  • Seewul
    Seewul
    ✭✭✭
    off topic, sorry

lets cap puncturing heal too for 3k / sec ? its cheese in wma pressing just 1 button, or soloing vcoa
    lets shorten the duration of rally an vigour heals too for 6sec too easy other wise
    + spamming penalty to cloak
    + bol could use one too crazy when some good templars can tank 10ppl
    + dk wings should have one too ?
    + how about gap closers shouldnt streak (escape) be same or longer for distance ?
    Options
  • cosmic_niklas_93b16_ESO
    cosmic_niklas_93b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    InonZur wrote: »
    off topic, sorry

lets cap puncturing heal too for 3k / sec ? its cheese in wma pressing just 1 button, or soloing vcoa
    lets shorten the duration of rally an vigour heals too for 6sec too easy other wise
    + spamming penalty to cloak
    + bol could use one too crazy when some good templars can tank 10ppl
    + dk wings should have one too ?
    + how about gap closers shouldnt streak (escape) be same or longer for distance ?

Sounds good to me. :)
    R.I.P. Daranth Spellborn
    VR16 Dunmer Sorcerer
    March 2014 - May 2016
    He was a skilled Crafter and a reliable Sorcerer;
    Then came the Dark Brotherhood

Wrobel wrote: Surge is now more effective for tank characters.
    Because crit tanks are so good, LOL. xD
    Options
  • Tyrannitar
    Tyrannitar
    ✭✭✭

Another patch, another disappointment.

Is it gonna be 2.4.7, 2.4.8, 2.4.9, or 2.5 that you pay attention to the thread?
    Edited by Tyrannitar on June 6, 2016 3:22PM
    Ba'al Sahk- AD Stam DK
    610 CP as of 12/12/2016
    Options
  • Jar_Ek
    Jar_Ek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Tyrannitar
    Tyrannitar
    ✭✭✭
    Jar_Ek wrote: »

I can see the advertisements now: "6.0: The Balance Update, coming May 2020"
    Ba'al Sahk- AD Stam DK
    610 CP as of 12/12/2016
    Options
  • Keeperz
    Keeperz
    I don't get wrobels idea of fun, this ain't fun not even close. In fact this is the exact opposite of fun I think the team need a week having actual fun to remember what fun is. Play some team orientated activities, notice how all these activities do not involve pressing 1 button over and over and over and over also notice how u can have more than one skill for a job. Look at your team notice how you don't want that under performing guy in your team ( this guy is your team sorc ). notice how everyone has their role to play except for the sorc he brings nothing to the team. Look at how you can help him perform better and help him don't tie his left arm to his right leg because you think it's fun.... it's not.

Now that you remember fun and have a good idea what fun is go back to work realise these sorcerer changes are not fun and set about fixing them.

A couple of hints for ya and a bit of direction

Add some team utility that makes people want to have a sorc on their team (increased damage,resource,regen or combination)

Increase all wards to 16+ seconds minimum(having infinite duration would not even make them much better)

Sort out some class based damage skills that we can choose over crushing shock

Do something about all them toggles ( we have hardly any room as it is so double baring should not be a thing on any class) maybe give them the magelight treatment

Implement some kind of dual wield or 1 handed wand with a world skill line

Revert streak changes(ridiculous that nbs can spam cloak, temps can spam Bol) which are technically more powerful skills I do not want these skills nerfed I want streak un-nerfed

Stop nerfing every class into oblivion infact just stop nerfing

Nightblades need really high burst damage
    Templars need really good heals
    Dk's need to be able to tank loads of damage
    Sorcs just need help after these changes

Don't premote a Q&A without actually having a Q&A as this just enrages people

I really feel as though I'm just talking to a brick wall but it's better than doing nothing as something I like is being destroyed

Thx for your time

Options
  • KundaliniHero
    KundaliniHero
    ✭✭✭
    I think the ultimate problem is ZOS doesnt play its own game enough to know what's reasonable and logical, this is why its a constant teeter totter of imbalance. Just look at their grasp of item rarity, spoiler alert: they have no clue. Its a shame that ZOS, rather than buff Templars and Dragonknights to be on par with NB's and Sorcs do the exact opposite, taking two very defined and fun playstyles and strangling as much fun out of them as possible. I dont know about the pc but people on console are just getting plain bored, I see people leaving the game everyday and I totally understand why.
    Options
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok so after doing a little bit of solo content, I'm still not a fan of the surge change. I feel like I'm getting less healing back, and applying DoTs when targets are constantly moving out of them to get more chances at heals is a frustrating exercise. I can manage it, but it's annoying.
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    Options
  • SanSan
    SanSan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Revamp the class mate thx
    Options
  • Amorpho
    Amorpho
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Wrobel , I have been playing Magicka Sorc since day 1, but after the changes to shields especially (don't get me started on Surge, I'm just glad I am not Stamina) I feel I will have to abandon my favourite class as soon as DB launches on Xbox as well. Good thing I have a Magicka Nightblade and a Stamina Templar ready to take over. I feel 6 seconds is not long enough for me to produce enough DPS, having to recast every 6 seconds. If I have them on my backbar it will be even worse. The community always complained about our shields, but now you've made it worse by changing Harness Magicka. We are gonig to be super hard to kill, but we will hardly be able to do as much damage as we previously did.
    I hardly ever used power surge but it was fundamental for Stam sorcs to stay alive, now they have rubbish DPS and rubbish survivability. You justified this change by mentioning Tank Sorcs, WHO PLAYS THAT?!!! Who is it that gives you these feedbacks?? You want to be a tank? Play a Stam DK!

Which leads to a bigger concern of mine, during ESO live you talked about your idea of making all classes able to do everything (tanking, DPS, healing etc). I think it is a terrible idea. Every class should have good magicka/stamina alternatives, but they should be kept unique and interesting. Blending them together (like you did by giving shields to every Magicka build and capping them all at 6 seconds) and you will have a boring dynamic and experience. Sorcs greatest strength should be burst damage, DK's tanking and dots, Templars healing, Nightblades stealth. There can be some measure of overlapping, but don't give everything to everyone. Encourage rather to create brand new builds with other classes and races for different playstyles.
    Edited by Amorpho on June 8, 2016 8:22AM
    The Gaming Rev
    YouTube channel - https://youtube.com/c/TheGamingRev

Characters

PVE
    Magicka Sorcerer, Altmer - Master Crafter
    Magicka Templar, Altmer
    Magicka Nightblade, Breton
    Stamina Nightblade, Khajiit

PVP
    Magicka Sorcerer, Altmer
    Magicka Templar, Altmer
    Stamina Templar, Orsimer
    Stamina Dragonknight, Dunmer
    Stamina Warden, Orsimer

Aldmeri Dominion - 1700+ CP

XboxOne EU
    Options
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amorpho wrote: »
    Hi @Wrobel , I have been playing Magicka Sorc since day 1, but after the changes to shields especially (don't get me started on Surge, I'm just glad I am not Stamina) I feel I will have to abandon my favourite class as soon as DB launches on Xbox as well. Good thing I have a Magicka Nightblade and a Stamina Templar ready to take over. I feel 6 seconds is not long enough for me to produce enough DPS, having to recast every 6 seconds. If I have them on my backbar it will be even worse. The community always complained about our shields, but now you've made it worse by changing Harness Magicka. We are gonig to be super hard to kill, but we will hardly be able to do as much damage as we previously did.
    I hardly ever used power surge but it was fundamental for Stam sorcs to stay alive, now they have rubbish DPS and rubbish survivability. You justified this change by mentioning Tank Sorcs, WHO PLAYS THAT?!!! Who is it that gives you these feedbacks?? You want to be a tank? Play a Stam DK!

Which leads to a bigger concern of mine, during ESO live you talked about your idea of making all classes able to do everything (tanking, DPS, healing etc). I think it is a terrible idea. Every class should have good magicka/stamina alternatives, but they should be kept unique and interesting. Blending them together (like you did by giving shields to every Magicka build and capping them all at 6 seconds) and you will have a boring dynamic and experience. Sorcs greatest strength should be burst damage, DK's tanking and dots, Templars healing, Nightblades stealth. There can be some measure of overlapping, but don't give everything to everyone. Encourage rather to create brand new builds with other classes and races for different playstyles.

Nah I think its fine that you can put every class in every aspect to use.
    However, putting Sorc in ANY aspect to use, that is the real problem. Its not good at anything, or others are much better.

A Sorc must be playable without shields, must have some unique buffs(be it passives or from active abilities) to contribute to allies, must have some kinds of reliable self heals and more DPS Potential which doesnt solely rely on Overload Spam.
    Edited by Birdovic on June 8, 2016 8:51AM
    Options