Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Dark Brotherhood Sorcerer Q&A

• iam117
    iam117
    ✭✭✭
    Autolycus wrote: »
    Well, I can say that the people I know that played a sorc and other classes and did very well at it say that sorcs are underperforming vastly compared to NB's for example. These are people that have 6-manned SO among other things and they find it so much easier to play any other class than a sorc these days or they've just quit the game entirely since zenimax doesn't know what they're doing at all.

You're saying that Sorcs are difficult to play?

That's the first time I've ever heard someone say that.

Well, any other class is easier to play, so you can interpret it like that I guess. But yeah, my friend told me how it was so much easier to play a NB than a sorc.

i think there is a little misunderstanding, nb is easier to get the same dps on because it is more forgiving, if you miss 1 dot on a sorc your dps will suffer very noticeably, nb not so much. sorc is easy to play but if you miss one skill in your rotation your dps sucks. so its harder in the sense that you cant screw up as much. the dps is comparable, even better in some cases on a sorc.
    <Liv3mind>
    <PC/NA - Legion Of The Bloodworks>
    Snowflake Patrol
    Options
  • cosmic_niklas_93b16_ESO
    cosmic_niklas_93b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got to say, this poll feels very telling on which classes needs buffing badly, lol. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/270768/can-you-help-me-decide-a-class#latest
    R.I.P. Daranth Spellborn
    VR16 Dunmer Sorcerer
    March 2014 - May 2016
    He was a skilled Crafter and a reliable Sorcerer;
    Then came the Dark Brotherhood

Wrobel wrote: Surge is now more effective for tank characters.
    Because crit tanks are so good, LOL. xD
    Options
  • iam117
    iam117
    ✭✭✭
    Got to say, this poll feels very telling on which classes needs buffing badly, lol. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/270768/can-you-help-me-decide-a-class#latest

yeah, becuase alot of people read that sorcs suck and dk is op, the ones who ditched the class just found they could hit the same numbers easier elswhere, does not make the sorc any less powerful. well, in that regard then every class except stam dk needs buffed so that is kind of irrelevant; especially because the op said he prefered a stam class.........
    Edited by iam117 on June 9, 2016 8:40PM
    <Liv3mind>
    Snowflake Patrol
    Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Autolycus wrote: »
    Well, I can say that the people I know that played a sorc and other classes and did very well at it say that sorcs are underperforming vastly compared to NB's for example. These are people that have 6-manned SO among other things and they find it so much easier to play any other class than a sorc these days or they've just quit the game entirely since zenimax doesn't know what they're doing at all.

You're saying that Sorcs are difficult to play?

That's the first time I've ever heard someone say that.

I feel like my sorc is considerably harder to play well than any of my other toons. Pets and shields are a good buffer up to a certain point, but then you gotta keep a lot of stuff juggled to get it right.
    Options
  • tnanever
    tnanever
    ✭✭✭
    Wrobel wrote: »
    There has been a large amount of feedback and questions from the Sorcerer section of the PTS forums. The answer to some of these questions affect all classes, so we're sharing them with everyone! We'd like to engage in this type of communication with all classes as time allows.....[rest of the original post removed for brevity]

I recently found out you were one of the main people responsible for class changes. I don't think you know what you're talking about. Playing on my friend's templar for 20 minutes showed overwhelmingly that either Sorcerer is terrible in its current state (specifically my experience was PvE, but I can extrapolate and see how it would apply to PvP too), or that templar is grossly overpowered. My experience with observing a friend play dragon knight shows the same conclusion. I've taken account gamer skill and equipment.

Sorcerer is in a sad state. There are numerous forum threads with recommendations and criticisms. For you to suggest (for instance, just one of many examples in your original post) the joke of stacking two 6-second shields during combat...do you even play this game?

My post is harsh because I've bought your product, and I convinced my friends to buy your product. You're ruining my purchase with your terrible ideas. I can only hope you're able to fix this mess quickly, or replace yourself with someone who can.
    Options
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tnanever wrote: »
    I can only hope you're able to fix this mess quickly, or replace yourself with someone who can.

im not one to EVER suggest someone lose their job with the way the economy is, however this is the only time, the only person, i can find that truly needs to be canned, and i have never been given any reason to doubt my judgement on this. Wrobel, quit zos and find a new company, or someone is going to fire you, and i assure you quitting looks better on a resume than being fired in most cases
    Options
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    liv3mind wrote: »

yeah, becuase alot of people read that sorcs suck and dk is op, the ones who ditched the class just found they could hit the same numbers easier elswhere, does not make the sorc any less powerful. well, in that regard then every class except stam dk needs buffed so that is kind of irrelevant; especially because the op said he prefered a stam class.........

Same numbers? No... A proficient DK hits 5k over a proficient Sorcerer with ease. They simply have better tools to do sustained DPS, by a mile...

I find it super funny how you were told about that thread and right away went to vote on sorcerers even though you have one of each other class and you can't possibly think playing a sorcerer is more fun or more viable than playing any other class.
    Edited by Grao on June 10, 2016 2:05AM
    Options
  • deximasb14_ESO
    Firstly stam sorc is in a good place. Just need some passive changes and some dmg buffs. Now mag sorcs. I have never really cared for the mag sorc play style. And it has not changed. Its exactly the same as it ever has been. I think that's most of the problem. Every other class has had some interesting changes in the life of this game. Mag sorcs have not. The only change that has ever happened is the overload garbage. And it just made it even less fun to play. I say buff passives. Add crit and crit dmg. And for the love of God change some of the mag sorcs tool kit to give them another play style. Stam sorcs need no spamables. But mag sorcs do that's 90% of the problem.
    Options
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstly stam sorc is in a good place. Just need some passive changes and some dmg buffs. Now mag sorcs. I have never really cared for the mag sorc play style. And it has not changed. Its exactly the same as it ever has been. I think that's most of the problem. Every other class has had some interesting changes in the life of this game. Mag sorcs have not. The only change that has ever happened is the overload garbage. And it just made it even less fun to play. I say buff passives. Add crit and crit dmg. And for the love of God change some of the mag sorcs tool kit to give them another play style. Stam sorcs need no spamables. But mag sorcs do that's 90% of the problem.

Passive Buffs are not needed.

With DB the passives are fine for Stam Sorc, yes.
    But buffing passives even more with Crit Dmg and Crit is simply a bad idea, all it does is encourage spamming overload even more, due to it benefitting most - Short: Nothing changes with that.

What needs to happen is make like 50% of the Sorc Active Abilities useful, in a way which introduces different ways to play, more utility, more group utility, viable ways to heal, and different ways to dps with higer dmg output than spamming overload.

Check my Signature for some ideas.
    Options
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Neither is stam sorc in a good place, nor has mag sorc always had so little variety as we see today. :neutral:
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
    Options
  • iam117
    iam117
    ✭✭✭
    Grao wrote: »

Same numbers? No... A proficient DK hits 5k over a proficient Sorcerer with ease. They simply have better tools to do sustained DPS, by a mile...

I find it super funny how you were told about that thread and right away went to vote on sorcerers even though you have one of each other class and you can't possibly think playing a sorcerer is more fun or more viable than playing any other class.

Actually I had voted before but that's cool, you should probably stop whining about your sorc and go get good at em. And yes I can possibly think that, I'm playing both my stam sorc and mag sorc this patch, stamina is stupid powerful, surge may not work in pvp, but stam sorc is in a great place in pve, magicka sorc is just fine as well, yes stam dk is better by 5k, so what they are above every class by 5k? Quit your bitching, who cares? If that's the issue then go start a nerf dk thread. No one in any of my guilds is booting me for the choice, why? People wanna play with good players, you should work on that then finding a group to play your poor sorc with wouldn't be so hard ;). Then you could toss your sig. But it's cool, stay on fighting for the class that cant compete, you will come back with need buffs, need reworked, need passives and utility and again I will agree. But thst dosnt stop them from being able to compete now. It's a tiring circle with you my friend.

Edit:check your math, I have 2 of every class except dk
    Edited by iam117 on June 11, 2016 2:09AM
    <Liv3mind>
    Snowflake Patrol
    Options
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

DK DPS is more consistent. Sorc starts off high and then evens out. Both classes manage good numbers and DK'S dont pull higher than sorcs on every fight. Any fight with movement will have sorcs hitting harder than DK's. Any stationary fight will favor DK's...Both are viable and interesting to play. Both were inflexible as of last patch, but sorcs are more flexible now.
    Options
  • cosmic_niklas_93b16_ESO
    cosmic_niklas_93b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually I had voted before but that's cool, you should probably stop whining about your sorc and go get good at em. And yes I can possibly think that, I'm playing both my stam sorc and mag sorc this patch, stamina is stupid powerful, surge may not work in pvp, but stam sorc is in a great place in pve, magicka sorc is just fine as well, yes stam dk is better by 5k, so what they are above every class by 5k? Quit your bitching, who cares? If that's the issue then go start a nerf dk thread. No one in any of my guilds is booting me for the choice, why? People wanna play with good players, you should work on that then finding a group to play your poor sorc with wouldn't be so hard ;). Then you could toss your sig. But it's cool, stay on fighting for the class that cant compete, you will come back with need buffs, need reworked, need passives and utility and again I will agree. But thst dosnt stop them from being able to compete now. It's a tiring circle with you my friend.

lol, you're among the very, very few people saying sorcs are ok, but the number of people playing a sorc speak for themselves. Like someone else said, they can barely find any sorcs to kill at all in cyro, it took that person 3 days to kill 20 just because they're so rare now. And when asked which class is recommended to play when a new player asked with a poll, sorcs has gotten the least votes. People have spoken on their thoughts on sorcs, and it's not good and they're not fine, lol. So stop trolling by saying that they are. :)
    Edited by cosmic_niklas_93b16_ESO on June 11, 2016 6:39AM
    R.I.P. Daranth Spellborn
    VR16 Dunmer Sorcerer
    March 2014 - May 2016
    He was a skilled Crafter and a reliable Sorcerer;
    Then came the Dark Brotherhood

Wrobel wrote: Surge is now more effective for tank characters.
    Because crit tanks are so good, LOL. xD
    Options
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lol, you're among the very, very few people saying sorcs are ok, but the number of people playing a sorc speak for themselves. Like someone else said, they can barely find any sorcs to kill at all in cyro, it took that person 3 days to kill 20 just because they're so rare now. And when asked which class is recommended to play when a new player asked with a poll, sorcs has gotten the least votes. People have spoken on their thoughts on sorcs, and it's not good and they're not fine, lol. So stop trolling by saying that they are. :)

I think your logic is a bit flawed. What people choose to do is not necessarily directly correlated whether there is an issue or not with the class. Magicka Templar for example is probably the easiest class to play, and the players that aren't very good may say why play a magblade, when templar is so easy, but those that play a magblade well know that it outparses a templar in any fight with movement.
    Options
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@liv3mind , you are talking to someone that has been playing a sorcerer since beta and that has about 85% of all achievements in the game and most of the achievements I am missing are for fishing and PvP, simply because PvP is lagy and annoying while fishing is just plain boring.

I have completed every content I cared to complete and when I was active in the game I was part of very good guilds. Your point is filled with silly assumptions simply because you don't agree with my position. The 5k DPS is a big deal considering DKs are also the best at tanking, meanwhile sorcerers are a class that is best at no aspects of this game. Up until the Dark Brotherhood we were solid stronger in solo content, but this changes have ruined that and yes, they leveled the playing field in solo content, but at the same time, there were not changes to strengthen sorcerers in other areas, except for stamina builds in which we are still considerably bellow other classes.

The class plays very stale and boring, the number of skills we aren't even allowed to consider slotting is ridiculous, either because everything is immune to the skill's effect or because the damage skill doesn't scale with champion points or with our passives (which is ***). I don't think DKs need to be terribly nerfed, I do believe sorcerers need to be reworked though, to allow for greater freedom and return some notion of identity to the class because as it is, sorcerers lost their identity in ESO a long time ago and each new patch with new nerfs makes so more and more evident.
    Edited by Grao on June 11, 2016 4:59PM
    Options
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think your logic is a bit flawed. What people choose to do is not necessarily directly correlated whether there is an issue or not with the class. Magicka Templar for example is probably the easiest class to play, and the players that aren't very good may say why play a magblade, when templar is so easy, but those that play a magblade well know that it outparses a templar in any fight with movement.

People recommended other classes over sorcerers because they recognize that sorcerers currently have two major issues, the first relating to lack of identity and ideal role and the second related to how engaging playing the class is.

While Dks are the best tanks in the game and also the strongest DPS, Templars are the best healers, and Nightblades are the most powerful in PvP, sorcerer have no role in which they shine.

At the same time the class plays boring because our ideal builds are cluttered with toggles and those few abilities we slot that are not toggles are less than impressive. Look at our magicka DPS build, for example...

Bound Aegis in all three bars
    Inner Light in and three bars

Crystal Fragments on your main bar (A skill with 35% chance of being used)
    Elemental Blockade on your main bar (An amazing skill... That is not from your class)
    Force Pulse on your main bar (because we are the only class without a spammable ability of our own - And yes, I know Nightblades use it too, but at least they have other alternatives, we don't)
    Meteor for your better DPS ultimate

Thundering Presence on your second bar (a great AoE / DoT that encourages you to be in melee range even though your entire kit encourages you to be at max range)
    Liquid Lightning on your second bar (Possibly the only ability we use often that I actually think is pretty good and impressive)
    Mage's Wrath on your second bar(the weakest execute on the game, featuring the lowest damage and the lowest health threshold)
    Overload for your short term burst that is useless in extended fights. You use this until you have enough ultimate power left to cast a meteor and then you don't use it again.

So... You have an ultimate you use only if you have excess of ultimate power, a skill that may or not proc, because why not add extra RNG to a damage rotation, 2 toggles that have to be triple slotted, two ground targeted DoTs, a AoE DoT that hardly ever gets to cause a lot of damage your skills you use the most are not your class skills. You provide 1 useful buff to the raid and that is all you provide the raid besides alright DPS, if you don't miss a single cast of your AoE DoTs.

Meanwhile other classes are indeed easier to play, provide more for a raid and the most important, are simply more fun to play as they don't have a third of their skill slots eaten away by toggles other classes have as their passives.
    Edited by Grao on June 11, 2016 5:02PM
    Options
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

People recommended other classes over sorcerers because they recognize that sorcerers currently have two major issues, the first relating to lack of identity and ideal role and the second related to how engaging playing the class is.

While Dks are the best tanks in the game and also the strongest DPS, Templars are the best healers, and Nightblades are the most powerful in PvP, sorcerer have no role in which they shine.

At the same time the class plays boring because our ideal builds are cluttered with toggles and those few abilities we slot that are not toggles are less than impressive. Look at our magicka DPS build, for example...

Elemental Blockade on your main bar (An amazing skill... That is not from your class)
    Force Pulse on your main bar (because we are the only class without a spammable ability of our own - And yes, I know Nightblades use it too, but at least they have other alternatives, we don't)

Thundering Presence on your second bar (a great AoE / DoT that encourages you to be in melee range even though your entire kit encourages you to be at max range)
    Liquid Lightning on your second bar (Possibly the only ability we use often that I actually think is pretty good and impressive)
    Mage's Wrath on your second bar(the weakest execute on the game, featuring the lowest damage and the lowest health threshold)
    Overload for your short term burst that is useless in extended fights. You use this until you have enough ultimate power left to cast a meteor and then you don't use it again.

So... You have an ultimate you use only if you have excess of ultimate power, a skill that may or not proc, because why not add extra RNG to a damage rotation, 2 toggles that have to be triple slotted, two ground targeted DoTs, a AoE DoT that hardly ever gets to cause a lot of damage your skills you use the most are not your class skills. You provide 1 useful buff to the raid and that is all you provide the raid besides alright DPS, if you don't miss a single cast of your AoE DoTs.

Meanwhile other classes are indeed easier to play, provide more for a raid and the most important, are simply more fun to play as they don't have a third of their skill slots eaten away by toggles other classes have as their passives.

1. Dk's are the best tanks and Templars are the best healers. For DPS there is no best, since it depends on context. You could argue stam is better than magicka but within each group it's hard to pick overall winners. It's very situational
    2. Sorc bar set is way more flexible than DK. DK front bar is unchangeable. Backbar is barely flexible. Sorc both bars are flexible.
    3. Frags is not a staple. It's BiS for a certain gear vhoice, but not for another. For example if I am running Scathing and Nerieneth, running frags is a dps loss, because you want as many Force Pulse hits as possible to maximize Nerieneth/Scathing procs.
    4. Whats wrong with force pulse? I love it on my nightblade and the proc utility it offers is fantastic.
    5. Agree that Mage's Wrath is weak (should be at 25%)
    6. Overload should be used as a precise execute, which bridges the gap between 30% and mages wrath. A great way to boost pre execute dps.
    7. Sorcs are definitely limited by toggles, but if anything that makes playing them easier. I see sorcs as a class that uses fewer abilities, but buffs those abilities by a large amount. Now air agree that the buffs to the skills are not significant enough, I can guarantee that it is possible to offer dps that is on par with other classes.
    Options
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1. Dk's are the best tanks and Templars are the best healers. For DPS there is no best, since it depends on context. You could argue stam is better than magicka but within each group it's hard to pick overall winners. It's very situational
    2. Sorc bar set is way more flexible than DK. DK front bar is unchangeable. Backbar is barely flexible. Sorc both bars are flexible.
    3. Frags is not a staple. It's BiS for a certain gear vhoice, but not for another. For example if I am running Scathing and Nerieneth, running frags is a dps loss, because you want as many Force Pulse hits as possible to maximize Nerieneth/Scathing procs.
    4. Whats wrong with force pulse? I love it on my nightblade and the proc utility it offers is fantastic.
    6. Overload should be used as a precise execute, which bridges the gap between 30% and mages wrath. A great way to boost pre execute dps.
    7. Sorcs are definitely limited by toggles, but if anything that makes playing them easier. I see sorcs as a class that uses fewer abilities, but buffs those abilities by a large amount. Now air agree that the buffs to the skills are not significant enough, I can guarantee that it is possible to offer dps that is on par with other classes.

Force pulse is good for proccing, however it costs ALOT compared to others.

Frags is a staple, frags hit harder than a nereineth proc lol.

My Sorc is in no way more flexible than my DK. And not to mention, the DK toolset along with NB and Templar have reliable ways to stay alive built right into their DPS.
    For dps their is an undisputed best, and that is either flavor of DK magicka or stamina (and they deserve it, they need no nerfing maybe StamDK actually lol just a little)

The only time a Sorc has the highest DPS is in a OL burst fight, aka bosses with very low health, such as in normal dungeons and the like. Besides that, for the big boy content we are beyond lackluster.

I am still playing my sorc, theory crafting and trying whatever, but the reality is I have max level of every class in all flavors and I am playing as my main my favorite, who also happens to be by a nice margin, my lowest dps class my weakest tank, and worst heals excluding Stam chars.

Other classes excel in certain roles or parts of the game, NB in PvP and as DPS, DK as Tanks and DPS Templars as Heals and DPS. Sorcs atleast had solo play but that's gone. We simply excel on nothing.

I like being a summoner, i always am in ES games, and TG has brought pets close to viability IMO. They however are very muddled. Very Low DPS and a health passive that makes no sense at all, usually just amounts to about 1k more whoohooo useless. And they still only scale of Magicka, not spell power or champion points and have a long cast time making it silly to recast when they die. And the twilight tormentor is the most lack luster thing in game, what a silly boring active ability. No spice at all, why not have it do a single target shot like the DK flames of oblivion morph. Something useful not this pathetic 50% health threshold nonsense.

Options
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My Sorc is in no way more flexible than my DK. And not to mention, the DK toolset along with NB and Templar have reliable ways to stay alive built right into their DPS.
    For dps their is an undisputed best, and that is either flavor of DK magicka or stamina (and they deserve it, they need no nerfing maybe StamDK actually lol just a little)

The only time a Sorc has the highest DPS is in a OL burst fight, aka bosses with very low health, such as in normal dungeons and the like. Besides that, for the big boy content we are beyond lackluster.

I am still playing my sorc, theory crafting and trying whatever, but the reality is I have max level of every class in all flavors and I am playing as my main my favorite, who also happens to be by a nice margin, my lowest dps class my weakest tank, and worst heals excluding Stam chars.

Other classes excel in certain roles or parts of the game, NB in PvP and as DPS, DK as Tanks and DPS Templars as Heals and DPS. Sorcs atleast had solo play but that's gone. We simply excel on nothing.

I like being a summoner, i always am in ES games, and TG has brought pets close to viability IMO. They however are very muddled. Very Low DPS and a health passive that makes no sense at all, usually just amounts to about 1k more whoohooo useless. And they still only scale of Magicka, not spell power or champion points and have a long cast time making it silly to recast when they die. And the twilight tormentor is the most lack luster thing in game, what a silly boring active ability. No spice at all, why not have it do a single target shot like the DK flames of oblivion morph. Something useful not this pathetic 50% health threshold nonsense.

1. Force Pulse may cost a lot, but that's why you run ele drain...I never run out with ele on target.
    2. Frags hits hard but look at any high end parses for any boss fights and you can see that it's proc rate is low, meaning moving liquid lightning to front bar and utilizing the extra time + lack of interruptions to a static rotation actually adda damage, especially when paired with the right sets. Nerieneth + scathing combo on a sorc depends on max Force Pulse uptime to be successful.
    3. Sorc is more flexible because you can adjust skills on front and back bar, unlike DK which only has a flexible back bar.
    4. Nightblades and DK'S are an undisputed best at dps? Maybe stam dks are, but in Magicka the endgame damage among all classes is comparable, just depends on how well you play them. And of course the type of fight it is.
    5. Sorcs do just fine without overload spam, you just have to figure out a way to maximize the potential of the class without resorting to the old meta. Sorcs in our raids pull on par with other classes (30k+ on long fights)
    6. There is a link in my signature for a build that works well with the new content and pulls high numbers.
    7. Can't comment on PvP since I don't PvP.
    8. I agree with you completely on the pets...I tried to utilize them and it just never worked well.
    Options
  • iam117
    iam117
    ✭✭✭

force pulse is very expensive yes compared to other spammables, but ele drain and orbs solve this, even while running kena.

frags does not need to be a staple depending on your setup, my highest dps on second boss('s) of vmol was 35.8k on a sorcerer WITHOUT frags on my bar. and this while learning the fight/mechanics, will go up once stuff smooths out

the sorcerer bar is more flexible with what can be swapped around front to back/burst vs long fights etc, stam dk bars skill wise are always the same, same with magicka nb, only funnel can be swapped to force pulse or vice versa

sorc can situationally pull higher numbers, dk situationally will pull higher numbers. but any class can achieve overload dps numbers now in short fights, even a sorc not using overload can outparse a sorc using overload.

havent pvp'd in a while, but i still know a few that are playing mag and stam sorc without issue. group and solo.

completely agree, if they want pets to be viable, they need to address the passives, the scaling, and what cp they need to draw and scale from. they need to remove the toggle from pets and make it a dot, that cannot be killed, like shades.

hey and since your calling me a troll for saying sorcs are fine (which btw, i do agree completely that they need work, i just disagree that they are not competitive, in pve they can definately be competitive.) then arent you trolling for the opposite? pot, meet kettle.
    <Liv3mind>
    Snowflake Patrol
    Options
  • tist
    tist
    ✭✭✭
    @wrobel Is it possible to increase the surge heal against NPCs? Would make it better for the PVE sorcs out there.
    Options
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tist wrote: »
    @wrobel Is it possible to increase the surge heal against NPCs? Would make it better for the PVE sorcs out there.

Sounds like a good idea.
    Could work like lets say On The Marksman Set.

"Healing received from NPC's Is increased by 30%"
    Options
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just ran vMA this morning and the new surge sufficed. That being said as a magicka build no one is forcing power surge on you, if you are running in a group with a DK feel free to use crit surge which is a 50% stronger heal if I'm not mistaken? Honestly when you start stacking a little into each spot (blessed, quick recovery, etc) that 1 second surge heal tick can be pretty hefty in PvE. And borderline guaranteed with boundless/liquid lighting up.

I was very disappointed and skeptical prepatch reading our "nerfs" but it's really not bad. In PvP or PvE. Negate gave me major utility in my small PvP group, and I've since switched to heavy armor and am loving the tankiness. Also if you have tried it, Dark Conversion!! Although it may be hard to work in and out of (I use it on my overload bar) the resource return from it is HUGE it's finally back to what it was when it was a channel.

Also give credit where it's DUE. Thank you ZOS for fixing overload, I cannot express how much better it feels in game now (as well as combat as a whole not sure what they changed coding wise in vMA but it was the best experience I've ever had in that arena and this was at a time when everywhere else in the server was overloaded with players.)

All in all I'm enjoying the patch as a Magicka Sorc Main :)
    Options
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not me, I'm still doing less dps and less utility with my magsorc than with my magplar or my magDK. And I know my sorc far more than these two characters.

But as a stamsorc, I might say that I just need three minor tweak to be fully happy : a toogle suppression, a surge who scale with max health (for tank), max resources (for dps) AND with the number of enemy (perhaps one heal per enemy per second?) to be fully the stamsorc's special skill, and finally an another utility skill (not a spammable, but I'll appreciate an another class dot for example). For the moment, my stamsorc s doing fine, but more fun while playing the class would be even better.
    Options
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for taking the time to answer the questions, but I guess the answers aren't too pleasing to most of us
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
    Options
  • coyteriarwb17_ESO
    Ugh you are oblivious Mr Wrobel and talk around the problem. Players spend more time playing sorcerers than you so they know better than you on the issue at hand. All this post is telling me is that you guys are too stubborn and selfish to admit that you made mistakes. You guys are stupid. Insert youreafuckingidiot.gif
    Options
  • coyteriarwb17_ESO
    DDuke wrote: »
    CP5 wrote: »
    DDuke wrote: »
    Maybe it's just me but... what's wrong with "having to" use weapon skill lines?

Every stamina build does that too in PvE in form of Rapid Strikes, but when Sorcerers "have to" use Destruction Staff it's the end of the world.

:unamused:

If the class offers little for what i'm trying to do, why bother playing that class when I could run another whose passives and actives (the actives being far more engaging and definitive of the classes potential) support what i'm trying to do better?

Sorcs are the class capable of achieving the highest spell damage in the entire game with their passives, I really don't know what you're talking about when bringing them up.

This doesn't mean [snip] if sorc are limited to niche abilities to deliver this so called high spell damage or before they die because they can't deliver enough dps as they are trying to keep up their only defense that despawns in 6 seconds.
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on March 1, 2018 5:02PM
    Options
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recently saw a article where Todd Howard admitted that they were wrong in the choice of fallout 4s dialog, and you know what, people are not jumping down his throat for it, they are praising him for having the courage to admit that they were wrong.

ZOS take notes, when you own up to your mistakes, you will find support, however when you deny deny deny, you get only anger and hatred.
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I recently saw a article where Todd Howard admitted that they were wrong in the choice of fallout 4s dialog, and you know what, people are not jumping down his throat for it, they are praising him for having the courage to admit that they were wrong.

ZOS take notes, when you own up to your mistakes, you will find support, however when you deny deny deny, you get only anger and hatred.

ZOS won't even admit that they have a hacking problem, let alone that they made a mistake unbanning their 'permanently banned' cheaters they caught. Said cheaters were screen shotted bragging about their cheating, and the bad behavior WILL continue.

@Wrobel won't admit that he wrecked the sorc class, nor will he do anything to fix it. That's consistent with ZOS policy of ignoring their player base, and trying to hide obvious problems to sell more copies.
    Options
  • tnanever
    tnanever
    ✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

ZOS won't even admit that they have a hacking problem, let alone that they made a mistake unbanning their 'permanently banned' cheaters they caught. Said cheaters were screen shotted bragging about their cheating, and the bad behavior WILL continue.

@Wrobel won't admit that he wrecked the sorc class, nor will he do anything to fix it. That's consistent with ZOS policy of ignoring their player base, and trying to hide obvious problems to sell more copies.

Wrobel needs to be fired or have his job changed to something different, where he can't cause as much damage.
    Options