The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

VMA has ruined this game for me

• Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    itzeffect wrote: »
    code65536 wrote: »
    I wandered into VMA for the first time this weekend.
    First mob killed me in three hits. Immediately decided it was not worth the effort. lol

yeah i would consider it the hardest pve thing in the game a this moment (mainly because it is solo)

Wait till you try vMoL...

never, only doing this for my wep haha
    code65536 wrote: »
    I wandered into VMA for the first time this weekend.
    First mob killed me in three hits. Immediately decided it was not worth the effort. lol

yeah i would consider it the hardest pve thing in the game a this moment (mainly because it is solo)

Wait till you try vMoL...

never, only doing this for my wep haha

so you're doing all this to get the BIS weapon for your dps for what? If you're not going to end game trials, what is even the point of putting yourself through it? So you can do the same dungeons 10 seconds or even a whole minute faster?

I think I misunderstand the point in your case - no offence intended, obviously.
  • Inarre
    Inarre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    20 hours of straight dying and i got precise daggers.

I main a magic healer :s feelsbadman
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haquor wrote: »
    reiverx wrote: »
    I spent around 8 hours on the final boss over a few days, which is probably more than the previous 8 stages combined.

Most people get stuck here and I think it's where most people throw in the towel. It's just a case of finding the mechanic that works for you. No amount of videos will prepare you for it. You have to experience it and it will finally click.

I think it's a shame that the final boss is a hurdle that a lot of players can't overcome after getting that far, and especially after the continuing trend of nerf everything.

Strangely enough... the deaths i have are usually in stage 5, 7 or 8.

Stage 9 i had less issues with than 7 and 6 initially.

Completed Vma four times now, i can do stage 1-4 flawless now, stage 5, 6 and 8 bosses give me little problems and a few deaths, but the stage 7 and 9 bosses still gives me a nightmare due the rng i cant handle. Yes the rng is avoidable, but not for an older gamer like me, i just need luck on those two bosses and that can take hours :(

They are fairly easy once you get used to them.

There is a tactic that I resort to in stage 7 to reduce the "RNG":
    Once the boss spawns the two adds, I stun one of them (fossilize), and try to survive the boss and the one add until I see the Venomcaller spawn, at which time I immediately kill the one add alive, and de-stun the stunned add to hide inside his shield.
    Once the boss starts shouting, he will kill the Venomcaller in your stead.
    Whatever you do, don't interrupt the boss when he is screaming or he will enrage.
    Once you get used to this stage, you can even anticipate when the next Venomcaller will spawn so you can make the boss scream just before the Venomcaller even spawns.

As for the last stage, I got no advice to give you.
    You need to have great awareness, avoid blue ghosts and run to pick up all golden ones. Also, after you get down from the platform, an additional mechanic comes into place: the summoners.
    A skill like Fossilize will help you a great deal if you can stun those adds for the duration until you deal with the more immediate threat, which is the Crematorium Guard.

Also:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/233356/joys-now-updated-morrowind-guide-to-beating-maelstrom-arena/p1
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A tokensystem would fix that problem!
    1 token for every destroyed vMSA item.
    5 token to buy for all sets from vMSA, 10 token for juwelry and 20 token for weapons. 10 runs to take the weapon you want... i know people who was run it over 100 times and dont have just 1 weapon they want...
    DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • seedubsrun
    seedubsrun
    ✭✭✭✭
    DeHei wrote: »
    5 token to buy for all sets from vMSA, 10 token for juwelry and 20 token for weapons. 10 runs to take the weapon you want... i know people who was run it over 100 times and dont have just 1 weapon they want...

It seems crazy that they haven't implemented this yet considering how often and for how long it's been asked for. I keep hearing that they're talking about it but that's it. I've done a couple hundred runs by now looking for a decent vMA lighting staff. At this point I'd take Infused, Sharpened, Nirnhoned, or Precise gladly. My third run I get a powered lightning staff. Meh, I use it but clearly it's a crappy trait. 100 runs later I open the chest and hell yes a lightning staff! Check the trait...powered. 3 days ago I open the chest and it's a lightning staff. Could it be? Is it finally my time? Hell no cause it's powered again. I literally have every other weapon in every single trait except the one I want. If you can hit the leaderboards weekly, get flawless conqueror, and complete it enough times to have every trait of every weapon except the one you need: It's time for a token system!
  • OC_Justice
    OC_Justice
    ✭✭✭

Yes this will work. Token system should be added to all raids and arena's.
    I am tired of getting stupid drops that are bound from coffers. I am not a healer yet I get a healing staff from a coffer. This is not a way to encourage others to play. Tokens also make it more likely that more people will join raids to help others, as they will be rewarded to purchase something else they want.
    I do think DeHei's numbers are a bit high though. I would scale it back a few, unless we get to chose the type whether it be sharpened or infused or whatever.
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OC_Justice wrote: »

I am tired of getting stupid drops that are bound from coffers. I am not a healer yet I get a healing staff from a coffer. This is not a way to encourage others to play. Tokens also make it more likely that more people will join raids to help others, as they will be rewarded to purchase something else they want.
    I do think DeHei's numbers are a bit high though. I would scale it back a few, unless we get to chose the type whether it be sharpened or infused or whatever.

Actually this would be 2-3 runs for 1 weapon. Every item would give 1 token and weapons 2 token when they would be take apart ;)
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • OC_Justice
    OC_Justice
    ✭✭✭

Actually this would be 2-3 runs for 1 weapon. Every item would give 1 token and weapons 2 token when they would be take apart ;)

Then I agree with your numbers.
  • WhoSlappedThePie
    WhoSlappedThePie
    ✭✭✭
    It's not that frustrating... it's a "challenge"... the worst part is the trait at the end when it's not what you are looking for. But of course you can just try for score runs / flawless runs and forget about it.. hopefully you'll end up on the leaderboard for an extra chance of an item...
    "It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop."

Current Toons (Max CP):
    Magsorc Breton
    Magblade Darkelf
    Stam DK Redguard
    Healer Templar High Elf
    Tank DK Argonian
    Stamblade Redguard

Completed: vHoF | vMoL | vSO | vSO HM | vAA | vAA HM | vHR | vHR HM | vMA | vDSA
  • seedubsrun
    seedubsrun
    ✭✭✭✭

My only question about this would be if each item gave you a token then if you wanted to you could just run rounds 1-4 easily, quit, and start it over again. You could then eventually get exactly the weapon you want without ever actually completing it. I think you should get 2 tokens for each deconstructed weapon and maybe 3 tokens from the final chest too or as a reward for turning in the quest. Then if it's 20 tokens for a chosen weapon you'd have to complete it at least 4 times before you could have that.

I think that's fair. Newer players would have to knock it out a few times before getting what they wanted and players that have done it a ton but keep getting shafted would be good to go as long as they saved their prizes. Maybe a successful leaderboard run would give you some bonus tokens.
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hollery wrote: »
    i have been at it for well over a week now and on stage 9 boss fight, it is annoying but i will get it done. this journey has made me really hate playing though and has ruined my char for me... i have to take breaks every 10/15 mins doing vma to deal with ZOS *** me with *** game mechanics... i just want the 2H!... not another reason to pack up and leave this piece of BS they call a working MMO #ThisIsNotWorthIt

I just cleared it after trying for awhile... Take it slowly. After I cleared it I ran it 2 more times the next day. It can be done

Exact same for me. I play stamDK. My first clear on sunday was tough but felt so good. Even better was opening the chest and getting a nirnhoned battleaxe! (nirn is my preferred weapon trait). That same day I did another run to get on the leaderboard, got a 97k score and crappy ice staff. Monday I learned that my leaderboard score didn't count for the weekly due to the time window, so I ran it again and got sharp axe + precise dagger :smiley: You can see me at bottom of DK weekly leaderboard with 87k, still enough for a reward cause not many will/can do VMA on DK.

While I really wanted a bow, I feel blessed by the RNG gods at this point. Only need one more vMA weapon (the bow) and I'm happy with most traits. I find vMA fun and will run it even when I don't need a specific weapon; it's a nice challenge and I anticipated flawless will take me quite a while on stamDK.
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    seedubsrun wrote: »

My only question about this would be if each item gave you a token then if you wanted to you could just run rounds 1-4 easily, quit, and start it over again. You could then eventually get exactly the weapon you want without ever actually completing it. I think you should get 2 tokens for each deconstructed weapon and maybe 3 tokens from the final chest too or as a reward for turning in the quest. Then if it's 20 tokens for a chosen weapon you'd have to complete it at least 4 times before you could have that.

I think that's fair. Newer players would have to knock it out a few times before getting what they wanted and players that have done it a ton but keep getting shafted would be good to go as long as they saved their prizes. Maybe a successful leaderboard run would give you some bonus tokens.

I dont have trouble, that guys could get weapons on this way without finishing the vMSA. They work for it hard like better player with finishing the dungeon. I agree, if we had a tokensystem, then the final chest drops token for free. But why do you not want, that other player could get best weapons?
    Everybody, good and not so good players should have access to this weapons. How big is the motivation, when you dont get a trialgroup, because of not having enough DPS cause of no existing vMSA weapons for example. You dont lose your!
    vMSA is nothing more then a solotrial.. just learn to do all mechanics and become a better player! But its nothing special to have this weapons..
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • Moltyr
    Moltyr
    ✭✭✭
    i have been at it for well over a week now and on stage 9 boss fight, it is annoying but i will get it done. this journey has made me really hate playing though and has ruined my char for me... i have to take breaks every 10/15 mins doing vma to deal with ZOS *** me with *** game mechanics... i just want the 2H!... not another reason to pack up and leave this piece of BS they call a working MMO #ThisIsNotWorthIt

Bro, if I could trade you a 2h I would. I have tons of them collecting dust (don't have a stam toon anymore). All I can say is I've been there. It [snip] sucks. Makes you completely lose interest in the game. However, it DOES get easier each time you clear. It's still ridiculously annoying, and too much work for the crap rewards and unfairly weight traits *cough* ZOS...
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on February 14, 2018 9:32PM
  • seedubsrun
    seedubsrun
    ✭✭✭✭
    seedubsrun wrote: »

I dont have trouble, that guys could get weapons on this way without finishing the vMSA. They work for it hard like better player with finishing the dungeon. I agree, if we had a tokensystem, then the final chest drops token for free. But why do you not want, that other player could get best weapons?
    Everybody, good and not so good players should have access to this weapons. How big is the motivation, when you dont get a trialgroup, because of not having enough DPS cause of no existing vMSA weapons for example. You dont lose your!
    vMSA is nothing more then a solotrial.. just learn to do all mechanics and become a better player! But its nothing special to have this weapons..

If you're seriously suggesting that people should be able to have Maelstrom weapons without ever completing Maelstrom arena then you're insane.
  • Zvorgin
    Zvorgin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first completion took me two months of consistent trying and tweaking. My 5th took me 1 hour and 33 minutes with only 7 deaths and no sigils. It's all about tweaking your build and figuring out mechanics. I actually enjoy it now (I'm sure I won't after 20 more times and crap drops but for now it is actually entertaining).
  • Insandros
    Insandros
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zvorgin wrote: »
    My first completion took me two months of consistent trying and tweaking. My 5th took me 1 hour and 33 minutes with only 7 deaths and no sigils. It's all about tweaking your build and figuring out mechanics. I actually enjoy it now (I'm sure I won't after 20 more times and crap drops but for now it is actually entertaining).

Yep i loved it and enjoyed it a lot as well... but now i'm getting really bored in there and trying to make up to my 85th time since 3 weeks... but i think that's it for me, i lost most exitement etc on this place, i'm having a hard time or should i say having trouble getting the motivation to complete my 84th time, after stage 2 i got already bored and left earlier. The drops also makes it less motivated, ok i got mostly all sharpened/infused/precise and nirn of all weapon kinds... and tons of powered resto staff for my only 2 healers.... the only one i want is sharpened lightning stafff, even though sharpened nerfed, i want it for my collect and run tsts as solo content.. but nada, got precise, infused and nirn.. so i'm using infused and sharpened inferno, not maybe the best, but does great job and mostly, at least i havent ran that stupid place for nothing, ratehr use those stuff than not. :(

Dunno how people were runing this hundreds or thousands of time, it gets boring as ***. Maybe what made me loose interest, it's Zos stupid idea of adding stupid weapon sets on last chest... why would someone waste his time in the arena vet mode to get those stupid weapons proly not used... most people clear it for the MA weapons, not sets.... i found that move insulting, specialy since 2 out of 3 times i get those *** weapons sharpened.
    Edited by Insandros on August 30, 2017 9:22PM
  • Getern
    Getern
    ✭✭✭
    vMA was always about memorizing, sort of L2P issue more or less. When I hear all this crying I am feeling even better since I was able to beat it on its very beginning, when It seem to be way harder and more satisfying. Not even mention former RNG system. I had my desired Sharpned Flame Staff after ~30 times while it was looting with 3 traits only.
    vMA ''should be'' difficult, if u cant beat its yours and only your fault. Dont forget to blame Zenimax for making garbage RNG after DB patch.
    Conclusion: we need rollback to 2.2
  • Insandros
    Insandros
    ✭✭✭✭
    Getern wrote: »
    vMA was always about memorizing, sort of L2P issue more or less. When I hear all this crying I am feeling even better since I was able to beat it on its very beginning, when It seem to be way harder and more satisfying. Not even mention former RNG system. I had my desired Sharpned Flame Staff after ~30 times while it was looting with 3 traits only.
    vMA ''should be'' difficult, if u cant beat its yours and only your fault. Dont forget to blame Zenimax for making garbage RNG after DB patch.
    Conclusion: we need rollback to 2.2

Well you know, it always makes me laugh when people comes out and say people are crying on this and that etc... remember, yeaj it might be satisfying for you to beat it back then etc.. so back players was better etc.. but remember, a lot of ESO players are from all ages, all gaming skills but mostly, a lot comes from Skyrim etc.. so a lot of casual offline RPG gaming world.. lots of older people. so for those, beating vMA is even now an acomplishement, not everyone has a 12 buttons $100 mouses to help beating hard stuff, not everyone were willing to pass hundreds of hours in a solo content in an MMO environement, some old people, some younger... each of us have their own goalds from vMA, some are for weapons, some are for the armors, some are for the achievements etc... Not because you liked it back then, everyone likes it.

Yep memorizing makes it easy as ***, but, being able to survive while improvising where stuff are coming from, on my own opinion makes it a way better player than someone that watched movies for hours to remember stuff etc.. knowing your toon, coming in with your own build, not copying someone elses, understanding your own toon, not filling someone elses shorts... When i beated it the first time i was proud, cuz i mostly haven'T watched movies, exept a tutorial to learn the mechanics, but watched it once for wach new stages i got to. Went in with my own build, with a class someone keep saying it's the worst dps ever in game etc.. so i was proud, yep after 50 times+ doing it i do remember a lot of mobs spawn, makes it easier, but god damn it's boring. i went in there way too much, i done it 83 times, average 1 hour per runs (most of the time multi-session cuz i get bored of doind solo content in an mmo) so that's about 100 hours, cuz the first few runs took me about 2 hours cuz i kep deing on last stage. and the let's say 4 first time was a pain, not to mention first one.. but damn, 100 hours in a solo content in a MMO, which i pay to play with other people, that is absurd, so many times i called myself stupid for this.... got to say it helps when most of my RL slacked playing so i left out trying to find something to do. :)
  • Rastoric
    Rastoric
    ✭✭✭
    MattT1988 wrote: »
    The fact that no amount of Raiding, Grouping or PVP will allow me to get the BIS staff in a MMORPG is kinda sad.

Why'd you necro this damn thread? Let it die.

It was the top result when searching "VMA has ruined this game for me"
    Just Say No! to changing Sorcerer Magicka skills to Stamina.
  • Eyesinthedrk
    Eyesinthedrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't run it anymore. Not sure how many times I've beat it, but it's been a lot and never got what I'm looking for. It was bad enough when it was a 40 minute waste of time. Now with the sustain nerf it's taking a lot longer. Not worth the time wasted on a 1:100 chance at getting what i want.

If you guys ever make a token system I'll return to it. Or even an achievement vendor. If you tell me that when I do 100 runs I can buy the staff I want for 1 million gold, I'll return to it. But I need a light at the end of the tunnel not just a seemingly endless tunnel
    Edited by Eyesinthedrk on August 31, 2017 2:10PM
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I spent a little over 2 weeks on stage 9 before I beat it. It was a hard stage to learn for sure. Just keep doing it and eventually you will find it easy to beat or at least easier.

Good luck OP
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear