The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

VMA has ruined this game for me

• Muttsmutt
    Muttsmutt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »
    keep players playing the game with RNG

giphy.gif

there is nothing else i can possibly say to that concept
    PC-EU // UNDEAD
  • Graydon
    Graydon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a GAME. Meant to be played for fun and entertainment. If the GAME stops being fun or part of the GAME activitiies are not entertaining, the stop playing the GAME.

I really don't understand the mindset here. I highlighted the word GAME....because it's only a GAME.
  • D0ntevenL1ft
    D0ntevenL1ft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Graydon wrote: »
    It's a GAME. Meant to be played for fun and entertainment. If the GAME stops being fun or part of the GAME activitiies are not entertaining, the stop playing the GAME.

I really don't understand the mindset here. I highlighted the word GAME....because it's only a GAME.

Not sure if you have fun playing a GAME when you're getting beaten badly by others.

I don't have fun playing GAMES when I'm at the bottom of ladder because losing isn't fun.

That's why some people suffer grinding to enjoy the GAME later when they have best in slots.

....... GAME
  • Neophyte
    Neophyte
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know how much of a difference precise is to sharpened in pvp on a 2H
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anyone know how much of a difference precise is to sharpened in pvp on a 2H

In PVP nirnhoned is better than precise and offcourse sharpen leads the way!
  • Neophyte
    Neophyte
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I know what the better trait I mean damage wise? Thanks
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure a 12 month Necro was needed but hey.

I think Maelstorm is a mega arena. I hate the bugs and lag sure, otherwise its the best solo content in the game, teachs you your build, skills etc and mega XP too.

Re the hardness, dudes just bear with it. It's very hard, untill you do it. Then you realise you were fighting against the mechs. It doesn't help when ur in dispair i know

Re Grinding, People CHOOSE to grind it then hate on it and the game. That's not the dev's fault. Personally i think any repeat farming or grinding or power levelling is harmfull to overall enjoyment and longevity. Grinding content to get better gear for other content just feels like a waste of content to me.personally

I've hit vMSA back to back for a while sure, to better my time and try to score and just get better as i don't think a dummy score is 'real world' for the content i like to take on. But weopon is a happy side perk. Sure I've got every useless Stamina weopon in Sharp for my MagSorc but that's besides :)
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1494773921-20170514.png
    Edited by Carbonised on May 16, 2017 11:37AM
  • Neophyte
    Neophyte
    ✭✭✭
    I have only 1 precise 2H vma weapon, not sure to ditch it and run a set up using a sharp non vma weapon
  • AgentofKhaoss
    AgentofKhaoss
    ✭✭
    itzeffect wrote: »
    i have been at it for well over a week now and on stage 9 boss fight, it is annoying but i will get it done. this journey has made me really hate playing though and has ruined my char for me... i have to take breaks every 10/15 mins doing vma to deal with ZOS *** me with *** game mechanics... i just want the 2H!... not another reason to pack up and leave this piece of BS they call a working MMO #ThisIsNotWorthIt
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    @Volkodav

Wow... beta tester and you are still here? I expect you are someone to ask about "what makes this game fun for you over the long haul"

And as an aside, BTW have you done vMA?

I haven't even done the non-vet, nor do I intend to.

Non Vet Maelstrom is easy. I can get through it on all of my characters. It's a nice challenge to test your build. VMA is the spawn of the lowest pit of all that is evil. You can have the mechanics down, you can have all of the dps in the game and sometimes it just kills you.

I have gotten through VMA 3 times (Magika sorc and twice with StamSorc) and I have no desire to grind it any more. The weapons are not worth the RNG and the general frustration of stages 5, 7 & 9.
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's terrible content.

A very small percentage of players beat it.

Even smaller percentage of players run it consistently/farm it.

A very small percentage of players actually like it.

Of the players who beat it and farm even less of them actually enjoy it.

It's terrible terrible content.

Your experience is consistent with a majority of players experience in VMA.
  • Galwylin
    Galwylin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's no way I could do something more that a couple of times that has so low a chance to give a good drop. I might one day try it just for one weapon but never build around needing them. It sounds completely nauseating.
  • Rastoric
    Rastoric
    ✭✭✭
    The fact that no amount of Raiding, Grouping or PVP will allow me to get the BIS staff in a MMORPG is kinda sad.
    Just Say No! to changing Sorcerer Magicka skills to Stamina.
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The fact that no amount of Raiding, Grouping or PVP will allow me to get the BIS staff in a MMORPG is kinda sad.

Why'd you necro this damn thread? Let it die.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like vMA. And I still never even saw a Sharp Inferno which was the big thing until 2 weeks ago. I just run the content because I like it.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i have been at it for well over a week now and on stage 9 boss fight, it is annoying but i will get it done. this journey has made me really hate playing though and has ruined my char for me... i have to take breaks every 10/15 mins doing vma to deal with ZOS *** me with *** game mechanics... i just want the 2H!... not another reason to pack up and leave this piece of BS they call a working MMO #ThisIsNotWorthIt

I just cleared it after trying for awhile... Take it slowly. After I cleared it I ran it 2 more times the next day. It can be done
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Haquor
    Haquor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vmsa rng and chasing perfect (at the time) weapons ruined the game for me last year. I used to do trials, dungeons, PVP mostly, and level alts and enjoyed it all.

I was farming ot on 8 characters for the leaderboard rewards every week with multiple other runs. It took up ALL my game time. All in the effort to get that sharpened inferno.

After months i just quit. There is no garuntee ever that i would recieve it. And honestly since i stopped it and stopped caring about having the BIS wpn at the time i enjoy the game again

I went back recently and did a couple of runs and just got trash again and havent been in since.

My advice is get the completion. But dont farm for a particular weapon. Plenty of effective gear and build options that dont require it. Just enjoy your time in game playing content you enjoy.

Token system zos. How hard is it. My hundereds of runs arent as important as the guy who got his in the first 10?
  • Truckdriver
    Truckdriver
    ✭✭
    Haquor wrote: »
    Vmsa rng and chasing perfect (at the time) weapons ruined the game for me last year. I used to do trials, dungeons, PVP mostly, and level alts and enjoyed it all.

I was farming ot on 8 characters for the leaderboard rewards every week with multiple other runs. It took up ALL my game time. All in the effort to get that sharpened inferno.

After months i just quit. There is no garuntee ever that i would recieve it. And honestly since i stopped it and stopped caring about having the BIS wpn at the time i enjoy the game again

I went back recently and did a couple of runs and just got trash again and havent been in since.

My advice is get the completion. But dont farm for a particular weapon. Plenty of effective gear and build options that dont require it. Just enjoy your time in game playing content you enjoy.

Token system zos. How hard is it. My hundereds of runs arent as important as the guy who got his in the first 10?

Token system please. So sick of farming vma
    Bigrig80ft
    PS4 NA DC
    The Guar Cartel
  • Avnr
    Avnr
    ✭✭✭

Exactly how i felt back then
    But we allways come back:)
    the 2H charge bonus and the extra 186 damage is more then nice , keep at it
    The bow is , wow , dont give up

Now stage 9 is so easy for me , i just pary for stage 7 rng god that all
    Vma make you better that for sure

Was totaly ignoring stamina , dodge , breake , block , now they my bread anf butter , that with good dps o/c
  • MCBIZZLE300
    MCBIZZLE300
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've stopped playing due to VMA. I did around 300 clears of it and didn't get what I want.
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I spent around 8 hours on the final boss over a few days, which is probably more than the previous 8 stages combined.

Most people get stuck here and I think it's where most people throw in the towel. It's just a case of finding the mechanic that works for you. No amount of videos will prepare you for it. You have to experience it and it will finally click.

I think it's a shame that the final boss is a hurdle that a lot of players can't overcome after getting that far, and especially after the continuing trend of nerf everything.
  • Haquor
    Haquor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reiverx wrote: »
    I spent around 8 hours on the final boss over a few days, which is probably more than the previous 8 stages combined.

Most people get stuck here and I think it's where most people throw in the towel. It's just a case of finding the mechanic that works for you. No amount of videos will prepare you for it. You have to experience it and it will finally click.

I think it's a shame that the final boss is a hurdle that a lot of players can't overcome after getting that far, and especially after the continuing trend of nerf everything.

Strangely enough... the deaths i have are usually in stage 5, 7 or 8.

Stage 9 i had less issues with than 7 and 6 initially.
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    deleted cos necro
    Edited by FriedEggSandwich on August 30, 2017 11:57AM
    PC | EU
  • theamazingx
    theamazingx
    ✭✭✭✭
    +1 for critique of absurd rng
    -1 for necro

Leave difficulty as is, add token system, tadaaa
  • Balsagna
    Balsagna
    ✭✭✭✭

if it makes you feel better it gets really easy after you beat it a few times.
  • Slack
    Slack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't "need" the weapon to play.
    A weapon will not make or break you.
    If you suck, it won't make you good
    If you are already good, you won't become a demigod.
    If something like a solo arena "destroys" a MMO for you, then the problem lies within your head.

PS. : not defending the RNG
    Edited by Slack on August 30, 2017 1:59PM
    PC EU
    Betty Breeze - Magwarden
    Hunts S'hitblades - Stamplar
    Aschavi - Magplar
  • NotNormanBates
    NotNormanBates
    ✭✭✭
    InfaM wrote: »

100+ runs here, need 3 different weapons, 0 desired weapons out of those 100+ runs , when I first stepped to that place I would never expected that farming a place to optimize my characters would lead me to do 100+ runs and end up with the same crafted nirnhorned weapon I had during my first run, I'm now close to quit the game because of VMA.

Well... Theres now atleast 4 usable traits for every offensive weapon that are so close in damage that itd be impossible to tell which you were using if someone set up your character and didnt tell you which you were using. Nirn, precise, sharp, and infused(also charged for lightning staff). So out of 100 runs it'd be pretty hard to come out with 0 usable weapons. Everyone who wants them has to do it. The way i got through it was to stop trying to run ot exclusively for the weapons but rather for score, to get better with new character, and get flawless on various characters. Just run weekly leaderboards on multiple characters. And if you havent got the 1 of the weapons you want just know that running set weapons is less than a 2k difference on magic and 3-4k on stam. Just today i got 36k with.out vMA staffs and 38k with 1.
    Edited by NotNormanBates on August 30, 2017 2:12PM
  • djdc1234
    djdc1234
    ✭✭✭

Iv been at the last stage for well over a month only bc i stopped trying to start lvling my character more, i know that it wont matter bc its mechanics .. but when i make 200 imov pots and use them all trying to beat the last stage is annoying as hell. i think im going to start doing one rock at a time and jumping down, is the only way im going to do it. i have the dps but it seems like i dont its so annoying.

Destiny 2 is coming up and i will forget about this *** game and move on for a couple years prob. all well being on the last stage. and not completing VMA. things need to be worked out and changed. like the fact it kicks you back to the first round of that stage. if im at the last round of that stage i should stay there. IS A GOLD PIT
  • kynseon
    kynseon
    ✭✭✭
    This is what I did in order to learn how to do VMA. First, start slow.. learn the mechanics. Watch videos online with people using the same class etc. You also need to take breaks because you will get frustrated. The first time you dont have to do it in one sitting. You can do first three stages and then just leave it.. then come back another day and so on. Also RNG is a ***, dont feel bad because you did something one day and the next day it didnt work. Get familiarized with the mechanics and what mobs to hit first. My first time doing VMA took a month, I would do 2 or 3 stages and then keep going next week. I watched videos online and thathelped me a lot. Now i can do them in under an hour. All it takes is a lot of *** patience.
  • pdebie64b16_ESO
    pdebie64b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Haquor wrote: »
    reiverx wrote: »

Strangely enough... the deaths i have are usually in stage 5, 7 or 8.

Stage 9 i had less issues with than 7 and 6 initially.

Completed Vma four times now, i can do stage 1-4 flawless now, stage 5, 6 and 8 bosses give me little problems and a few deaths, but the stage 7 and 9 bosses still gives me a nightmare due the rng i cant handle. Yes the rng is avoidable, but not for an older gamer like me, i just need luck on those two bosses and that can take hours :(