The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[SOLVED] PTS - Content Write Failed

• AGrz5585
    AGrz5585
    ✭✭✭
    Hope we can get ZOS to look into this

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update!

See my prior post for all the little details but after the 7GB patch was applied the patcher seems to think the game is ready and has a play button, unfortunately the game insta-crashes with Error 11 so I'm currently running another repair check. Hopefully this is the last one and hopefully it works!

Update 1: Repair finished, seems it's downloading more files but the UI error persists, still says verifying.

Update 2: Unfortunately it seems I may have run into another wall: I repair it and the UI error happens, it downloads or does something for about 1-2min, percentage and progress bar will go up to 100% and then it attempts to start downloading 43GB again. I restart patcher from there and I'm given the Play option. At this point I'm going to copy over the partial download from originally trying the PTS download the right way, and hopefully it'll bypass that original error. Will update from there.

Update 3: Actually before I try and let it go through a 43GB download again I'm doing a side by side comparison and I'm attempting to delete any that I see are modified the same date as the live version. I'll then run another repair in hopes it restores those files with the updated ones, then I guess let it attempt to go through the verification process for the already downloaded partials
    Edited by Zyle on April 26, 2016 11:31PM

676 CP
    Zyle - LVL50 Stamina Nightblade - Former Emp AS - VMA Clear (Flawless)
    Joven - LVL50 Hybrid Templar
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
    Radac - LVL50 Magicka Sorcerer
    Vanikath - LVL50 Magicka DK
  • Vicodine
    Vicodine
    ✭✭✭
    I am now, too, doing repair after doing a copy of live data to PTS folder and deleting all the .version files in all folders. Gone through 250mb download (game), 7GB download (sound), now it's downloading depot (43GB), and it seems it has different file names than the original patching
    depot_-1to52.z01
    depot_-1to52.z02
    depot_-1to52.z03
    depot_-1to52.z04
    depot_-1to52.z05
    depot_-1to52.z06
    depot_-1to52.z07
    depot_-1to52.z08
    depot_-1to52.z09
    depot_-1to52.z10
    depot_-1to52.z11
    depot_-1to52.z12
    depot_-1to52.z13
    depot_-1to52.z14
    depot_-1to52.z15
    depot_-1to52.z16
    depot_-1to52.z17
    depot_-1to52.z18
    depot_-1to52.z19
    depot_-1to52.z20
    depot_-1to52.z21
    depot_-1to52.z22
    depot_-1to52.z23
    depot_-1to52.zip

where the original, clean patching had last four files with an additional .partial (or .part not sure now)
    depot_-1to52.z21.partial
    depot_-1to52.z22.partial
    depot_-1to52.z23.partial
    depot_-1to52.zip.partial

maybe here somewhere lies the answer ? maybe anyone stuck could try to remove the .partial extension from all the files in depot\patchdata.depot\ ?

Will let ya know how it goes.
    Thaometh V16 Altmer Templar AD/EU
    Thaometh Ashbringer V10Altmer Dragonknight AD/EU
  • Nikkiy
    Nikkiy
    ✭✭✭
    Content write failed (at 21%)
    New Install
  • Sweetpea704
    Sweetpea704
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a fairly new iMac with huge memory, because I am a photographer and that is what I bought this Mac for. I got the whole thing to load no problem the first time for me, but then it crashes when I try to start the game. When I repaired, it seemed to keep hanging up and then restarting the repair. I uninstalled the PTS and I am reinstalling it right now. Show the Mac users some love ZOS! Don't you know Mac users have money to spend? These computers cost money! (Read the last three sentences with ironic tone).
  • Gyynvalentineb14_ESO
    Gyynvalentineb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Having the same problem, thankfully haven't tried a full re-download of all the files since that doesn't seem to be working for people. Can't think of any reason why this would be happening.
  • KallistaBlackheart
    KallistaBlackheart
    ✭✭✭
    well, deleted and done for now... moving so i do not have time to mess with this. perhaps this will be fixed in the next few weeks.
    :(
  • nerdygirlie42
    nerdygirlie42
    Soul Shriven
    I am on a PC with plenty of hard drive space and when I attempt to download the PTS and around 23% get the "content write failed" message. I have tried everything I can think of and am so frustrated!
  • Benito
    Benito
    Soul Shriven
    I am on Windows 10 and I have the same problem.
  • Jennifur_Vultee
    Jennifur_Vultee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After 12 hours of trying everything suggested here and trying a clean install of the PTS I hereby throw in the towel. I give up Zenimax you win. Why offer the test server at all if you don't fix the issues that are preventing people accessing it?
    "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters." – Albert Einstein

Treat a customer fairly and they will remember you. Treat a customer poorly and they never forget.

Imperial City: Zerg, gank or die.
  • RAZORNZL
    RAZORNZL
    ✭✭
    Same problem.

Restarted download 3 times now and it still gets to the exact same point then freaks out.

Im done
  • Khenzy
    Khenzy
    ✭✭✭
    I'm having the same issues here, what the hell is going on? Why are no devs answering?
    Edited by Khenzy on April 27, 2016 4:21AM
  • RAZORNZL
    RAZORNZL
    ✭✭
    Khenzy wrote: »
    I'm having the same issues here, what the hell is going on? Why are no devs are answering?

It's the old ignore it and it doesn't exist strategy.

This has been a issue since back in 2014 if they couldn't fix it then they sure as hell ain't going to try now.
  • AGrz5585
    AGrz5585
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still trying to figure what happened. I used the pts for thieves guild but this time around I'm getting this error when trying to install
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I'm getting this on a new PTS build. I've tried going in and manually removing any read only tags in the depot directory. No joy on that.
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    having the same issue here is well
  • lohworm
    lohworm
    ✭✭✭
    The same here as well...
    So, I give up...
  • Rickyxvii
    Rickyxvii
    Same issues here. Just had to re download the whole thing again.
  • Tarrin
    Tarrin
    ✭✭✭
    I`ve tried to redownload several times. No chance to deal with it.
    Samurai without a sword
    Like a samurai with the sword
    But without the sword
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yesterday I've decided to install PTS for the first time. And I'm getting the same error which everyone here has :/ During last ~3500 mb, increasing each time I pause/resume. I almost downloaded PTS two times in a row with no luck, it's just unacceptable.
  • wookiefriseur
    wookiefriseur
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same problem here. :/
  • skoomatrait
    skoomatrait
    ✭✭✭
    any updates?
  • Tarrin
    Tarrin
    ✭✭✭
    any updates?

Nope, as well as any ZOS answer.
    Edited by Tarrin on April 27, 2016 9:39AM
    Samurai without a sword
    Like a samurai with the sword
    But without the sword
  • Sweetpea704
    Sweetpea704
    ✭✭✭✭
    With the new download, I am also getting the "Content write failed" error. ZOS please acknowledge this error!
  • pjb21
    pjb21
    Soul Shriven
    i see im not the only one, hopefully we'll get a solution soon, im fed up of downloading 40gb each time for it to fail.
  • Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update! Ended up walking away from it and getting some sleep, let it attempt to redownload the last missing files (all of depot), it was frozen when I woke up this morning so I restarted it and now it's verifying, I'm hoping somehow it got past the 3.5gb mark but I'm 99% sure I'm going to run into same error as originally trying.

This really sucks! It needs a response from someone!

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_ANYONETHATWILLHELP
    Edited by Zyle on April 27, 2016 1:27PM

676 CP
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
  • Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, ran into same error, live files will do no good here unfortunately :/ My best guess is they have corrupted files on their server, if that is the case then we are SOL until ZOS decides to care :(. I really can't believe this hasn't gotten a response.

676 CP
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that we're looking into this and will pass along any potential solutions as soon as we can.

Edit: Actually, could you guys attach your host.developer file for us? You can find instructions on how to do that here: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25196/
    Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on April 27, 2016 1:36PM
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Rheknir
    Rheknir
    ✭✭
    Had the same problem, started the launcher in administrator mode and now it is downloading sound and depot seems to be done. Will update once everything downloads.
  • wookiefriseur
    wookiefriseur
    ✭✭✭✭
    Admin mode, repair, uninstall etc. did not change the outcome for me.

I Attached my latest log files. The one from today did not get further than WebGet-Error, no Content Write Failed yet. The other ones should all have the content write failed problem.