The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

IMPORTANT UPDATE! ZOS PLEASE reconsider your decision to no longer make FEMALE Light armor!

MornaBaine
MornaBaine
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
For those of you who have been following this thread, check out the Dev comments from @ZOS_JessicaFolsom (hallowed be her name!)! What has so appalled us with newer armor, namely the awful distorted look, that was attributed to Gina's statement that they were no longer making armor for female models and were merely "morphing" MALE armor to fit the female figure appears to not really be the whole story. Apparently that look we all find so awful is UNINTENDED and is now being investigated with an eye towards FIXING IT! HUZZAH!!! Many thanks to the ZOS team for taking this seriously and taking action even amid the debacle of "Cake Gate!" Though beleaguered already, they are doing the right thing here. Despite all my cranky snark! LOL So...MUCH APPRECIATED ZOS! GG!

UPDATE 7/18/16: Despite having said this distortion was "not intended" and would be fixed the only one I KNOW has been fixed is the Trinimac light chest. MANY armors remain horribly distorted. I'll post pics taken just yesterday below those already on here. I would like ZOS to tell us what is being done about this, an actual ETA on when this problem might actually be resolved for ALL armors and to assure us that no more NEW armors will have this flaw.

So here we have the last Light Armor you decided to do correctly, Ancient Orc:
M1_zpsulqsmoky.png

And HERE is the Trinimac I was sooooo excited to get until I discovered that it looked like THIS:
MornaTrin_zpsys0lkdpg.png

Am I the only one who thinks this looks absolutely TERRIBLE????

I already posted about being unhappy with these Light Robes:
MRA3_zpsrh9klwuv.png
MRA1_zpsik7smboq.png

Pics taken 7/17/16:

Leki's Jack

armLekisJackMed_zpswfweitv2.png

Jack of Bahara's Curse

armJack%20of%20Bahras%20Curse_zpsib96xjzh.png

Ebonhart Pact Medium

armEbonhartPactMedium_zps5kav27mh.png

Curiass of the Night Mother

armCuriassoftheNightmother_zpslyx5q1yv.png

On an up note, they HAVE managed to release some new armors that look right:

Jack of Flanking

armJack%20of%20Flanking_zps6fjrii0e.png

I was somewhat willing to concede that these last 2 do indeed look as if they have metal armor pieces as well which we might not expect to conform to the figure. However that is completely NOT the case on the Trinimac Light Robe which does indeed look as if it is composed entirely of fabric. WHY would you go to the trouble to design these beautiful armor sets and then make them look absolutely HORRIBLE on female characters? Just...WHY?

I am BEGGING you, PLEASE reconsider this terrible design decision wherein you simply "morph" the male designs to fit onto female character models. It's cutting corners in the most awful way. Truly, I cannot begin to express to you how unhappy this has made me. I feel like it is completely pointless to even try to get any future armor you put out. It may seem very silly to some people but this is literally "game breaking" to me. Because it looks SO BAD gear has now become pointless to me. PLEASE redo these robes to properly fit female character models and get it into an upcoming patch. PLEASE.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Aimora
    Aimora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a shame that in such a beautiful game things like this are overlooked :/
    Aimora Gilidhren - 50 Hybrid Sorcerer
    Aimae Gilihdril - 50Templar Healer
    Aimsae Astasia - 50 Templar Tank
    Aimellie Halfpenny - 50 Nightblade spinning DPS
    Sofae Ethelbur - 50 Dragonknight Tank
    Sha'Mash 50 - Nightblade - Former Empress
    Saelenor Wilihfren 50 - Templar No. 3
    Seliene Harbingerin 50 - DK in training
    Aims For Equanimity 10 - Magicka DK

Circle of the Phoenix - Guild Mistress
    Elysium - Guild 2nd in Command
    Auridon Trading Company - Joint GM

Looking for a friendly, progress focused guild check us out at thecircleofthephoenix.gamerlaunch.com/

Check me out at Anook anook.com/aimora
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aimora wrote: »

It wasn't just overlooked. It was a conscious design choice to no longer make female character model armor. @ZOS_GinaBruno actually mentioned it on an ESO Live. WHY they decided to cut corners here is a mystery to me. Is the game REALLY doing that poorly financially? Regardless of the reasons, it is a terrible decision and one that was made ON PURPOSE.

• Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    I am BEGGING you, PLEASE reconsider this terrible design decision wherein you simply "morph" the male designs to fit onto female character models. It's cutting corners in the most awful way. ...

In Skyrim and Fallout modding, we got the CBBE body mesh mod specifically in response to this kind of corner-cutting.

No mods in ESO. Hope that ZOS fixes this moving forward. :disappointed:
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are definitely not the only one who thinks that looks appalling Morna. Its disappointingly ugly. I guess I can live with the odd shape of the ones that are supposed to look like they have metal on the front. However, for the full on light armor that is just... wrong. People are not shaped like that. It makes your character look deformed. And how disappointing after either farming for this motif or spending tons of money on it, to see it come out looking like that. I completely understand, as someone who LOVES making armor and having all the fine things this makes me so sad.

I agree, ZOS please fix this hideous shape. Stop cutting corners, its not worth it.
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • Greiver
    Greiver
    ✭✭✭
    Does it really surprise you that much? Not the first corners they've cut.
    Ps4 Na Daggerfall
    Elders of Daggerfall
    High Elf Sorc
    Catshit Nightblade
    Imperial Templar
    Dark elf Dk
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »

It wasn't just overlooked. It was a conscious design choice to no longer make female character model armor. @ZOS_GinaBruno actually mentioned it on an ESO Live. WHY they decided to cut corners here is a mystery to me. Is the game REALLY doing that poorly financially? Regardless of the reasons, it is a terrible decision and one that was made ON PURPOSE.

Wow, that sucks. Was not aware this was by design.
    One of the things I really enjoyed about ESO right from beta is that it has a great degree of body diversity and customization.
    Being pushed into a male body shape afterwards is discouraging.

Perhaps, at the very least, ZOS could consider starting with the female body mesh and morphing it to a male body mesh.
    No? Sounds a little crazy that way?
    Then don't cut corners going the other way either. :|
    Edited by Samadhi on April 2, 2016 5:45PM
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is quite ugly indeed. Shows it was rushed.
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greiver wrote: »
    Does it really surprise you that much? Not the first corners they've cut.

Oh I agree. This is just my latest personal pet peeve. I just find it kind of... astonishing. After the outrage (also completely ignored) that erupted when they took away the female Redguard light armor and replaced it with the hideous abortion we now have I cannot fathom why they would deliberately make female characters look even WORSE with the new armors that some poor artist obviously went to a lot of trouble to design...just to see a travesty made of their work when applied to female characters.

• Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As much as I like having alternatives, with not every armor having "boob plates" design, I don't want every new armor to be like this.

Variety is key. I second the OP's request. Please ZOS, reconsider.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    wow.....that looks creepy as f....
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    wow.....that looks creepy as f....

Yes. Yes it does. :neutral:

• Lenikus
    Lenikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sooo...
    you want skimpy armor ?
    ... Mai cave. >:3
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a really questionable decision, really. In mmos, character customization is usually an important part.
    I totally understand removal of boobplates, since early game heavy armor looked like diving suits or bodyart, and not very fancy ones at that. I'm cool with both "fancy" and "realistic" approaches to armor design, but boobplate armor in eso was neither.
    But what they did to light armor is beyond ridiculous. Its supposed to be mage's robes after all, and mages dont need to wear safety vest underneath their clothes. Also those arent just male models, they're also inflated in a very weird way.
    YMySGe6.png
    This is how it looks like on a very skinny character, and its even worse on curvy ones.
    And speaking of curves, I totally dont understand why Zos' artists are afraid of drawing cleavage. Even in corseted outfits character's breasts look weird because of this. Chest slider in character's creation also inflates pectorals for some reason. I'm not asking for armored bikinis and stuff, but this is just anatomically incorrect and looks weird.
    And yeah, I'm a female gamer. :) I dont think that making fancy and "glorified" female characters is sexist or something, as long as there's balance between male and female looks and players have a choice.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Khamira
    Khamira
    ✭✭✭
    Oh Gods, wat is dat really?!

Boobies are a normal body part, like leg or ear. I wonder why don't they do that in reverse, I mean female into male. Or something.

At leat we have a reason to use old styles... But that's a very stupid reason.
    Kha'jira's Scribbles - Such Blog, Many Thingies, Very Wow!
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lenikus wrote: »
    Sooo...
    you want skimpy armor ?

No one said anything at all about skimpy armor, lets not turn this thread into that discussion. All we want is to not have deformed armor.
    Member of the Old Guard
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morna, could you hide images in spoiler tags in the future? They're huge and you have a tendency to include a lot of them in your threads.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khamira wrote: »

Boobies are a normal body part, like leg or ear. I wonder why don't they do that in reverse, I mean female into male. Or something.

At leat we have a reason to use old styles... But that's a very stupid reason.

Exactly. And imo neglecting female characters like this is kinda sexist. Like its shameful to have breasts.

PC/EU
  • DerAlleinTiger
    DerAlleinTiger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sooo...
    you want skimpy armor ?

No, Leni, she wants clothing that actually fits the female form realistically and not just be the male game model painted onto a female character. And I'm all for this being changed. It's also one of the reasons I haven't bothered to get the Trinimac robes for Jo'ara either. I knew it looked like this, and I really can't stand it. It looks so stuffy and... unrealistic. What's amusing is that it actually makes her chest BIGGER this way.
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmm have you looked at the 9 racial styles ?
  • AmakarGranaen
    AmakarGranaen
    ✭✭✭
    What the hell are you all talking about?? To you a skin tight clothing is better than more realistic one?? Maybe i'm missing something here
    Cthulhu is coming, look busy
  • DerAlleinTiger
    DerAlleinTiger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rat-King wrote: »
    What the hell are you all talking about?? To you a skin tight clothing is better than more realistic one?? Maybe i'm missing something here

I'm not sure how many women you've looked at in your lifetime, but the ones I've seen did not shove a wooden board under their shirts.
  • Moonscythe
    Moonscythe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sooo...
    you want skimpy armor ?

Did anyone mention skimpy? I don't want skimpy particularly, though I do sometimes like the look of Bosmer light or the Argonian Queen of the Nile look with a bare mid-riff.

Still, I am a girl, I play girls, I want to look like a girl. Girls have boobs and, believe me, fitting clothes to them can be a hassle but I don't want to look like I'm wearing a mono-boob squashed flat sports bra, ya'know? That has nothing to do with skimpy. I actually like the high neck armors full coverage armors and many look better on my ladies than they do on my sole male Dunmer. It is very disappointing that Zos would do something like this in the face of so many female characters running around.
    Scura di Notte - Altmer Nightblade (gear)
    Lalin del Sombra - Bosmer Sorcerer (alchemy/enchanting)
    Angevin Sarkany - Bosmer Dragonknight
    Alkemene Velothi - Dunmer Warden (Morrowind)
    Sanna yos'Phalen - Altmer Sorcerer (provisioning)
    Cosima di Mattina -Altmer Sorcerer
    Naria Andrano - Dunmer Templar
    Luca della Serata - Redguard Templar
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Take a look at that pic again, that is NOT realistic in any way shape or form. It looks like shes got a baby in her chest. I mean how is that realistic looking? LOL Its deformed. Again, we are talking about light armor, Robes do not look anything like that. Thats not even what it would look like if she had some sort of 'armor' under the robe.
    Member of the Old Guard
    Viva la Byte
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As a woman, I must say that even the most modest dresses dont look like these inflated robes in OP post.

PC/EU
  • Moonscythe
    Moonscythe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khamira wrote: »

At least we have a reason to use old styles... But that's a very stupid reason.

Well, there is also the possibility that they want us all to look like Ken and Barbie. I mean the guys don't have anything between their legs. So all bulgy parts must be smoothed and squashed into pre-adolescent flatness. The hair is already interchangeable. Pretty soon the guys will be able to wear flowers and the gals beards?
    Edited by Moonscythe on April 2, 2016 6:19PM
    Scura di Notte - Altmer Nightblade (gear)
    Lalin del Sombra - Bosmer Sorcerer (alchemy/enchanting)
    Angevin Sarkany - Bosmer Dragonknight
    Alkemene Velothi - Dunmer Warden (Morrowind)
    Sanna yos'Phalen - Altmer Sorcerer (provisioning)
    Cosima di Mattina -Altmer Sorcerer
    Naria Andrano - Dunmer Templar
    Luca della Serata - Redguard Templar
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. I really dislike the bloated look and it doesn't exactly make me want to get any more motifs in the game knowing they will all look weird on my characters. I would love for Zos to reconsider this shortcut.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Reapor
    Reapor
    ✭✭✭
    Well its a good thing i only use xiv, still lazy tho SOO lazy its just a freaking mesh for gods sake.
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They are doing this on purpose now? Is the intention of this to encourage people with female characters to buy more costumes from the crown store??
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • WalkingLegacy
    WalkingLegacy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not overlooked. It is laziness. To churn the items out quicker and get them on the crown store. They've already confirmed that the costumes do not meld to the body types we make when we make our characters.

It's all premade bodies when you equip them. So show your dislike for it and quit buying the costumes. Spread the word and when no one buys them maybe they'll actually put some effort back into it.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slurg wrote: »
    They are doing this on purpose now? Is the intention of this to encourage people with female characters to buy more costumes from the crown store??

Except that female costumes in crown store are also affected by inflated chest bug.

PC/EU
This discussion has been closed.