Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

5000 Crowns for the upcoming assistants. Worth it ? ^^

• rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather spend my crowns on pets and mounts. Maybe some mimic stones if I really want an outfit to look a certain way.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    Thornen wrote: »
    Flaminir wrote: »
    Ok... so it seems to be that the vast vast majority are all of the same voice... that the assistants in their current state are not even worth considering at that crazy price (Basically the cost of two entire DLC's... just for a couple of NPC's to put it into perspective).

SO I'll pose you this question...

What could ZoS do to the NPC's which would make you consider them better value???

(Note... BETTER value... 5000 crowns is still WAY too high whatever they do!)

I'll start with the obvious one...
    1. Make the merchant able to repair armor

Make them cheaper than an actual game for one ffs. I'm over it Zos has proven to me that they only value me as a dollar sign so yeh my wallets closed from here on out. If they want me to support this game like I've stupidly done so far then they need to start earning it.

What, the FREE 1500 crowns per month isn't enough @Thornen ? It'll only take 7 months of saving if you want to buy both!

/sarcasm

It's quite clear why they priced it like this. ZOS cares nothing for the longevity of this game. They only care about how much they can squeeze out of the player base to post on the next quarter profit and earnings statement.

They arent free. Im not sure where you learned to math. But 1500 Crowns = 15 U.S. Dollars.
    Um, I'm pretty sure @Gidorick knows they aren't free. I'm pretty sure that's part of why he had that "/sarcasm" in his post.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That is almost $40 for a freaking assistant? WTF, i preorder new releases from Best Buy and it cost me 38 bucks plus tax. This might be the biggest ripoff i have ever seen in a video game. One assistant cost as much as i pay for entire games. Crap i bought this game on sale for $40 in December plus it gave may something like 8000-9000 crowns with it. But one assistant is 5000 crowns which is equivalent to almost $40?

Although I understand your sentiment, Star Citizen is the biggest rip off game in the history of video games... Google ship costs and such and you'll see what I mean.
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    5000 is too much but some people will buy it.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah those I can see being 2500 crowns not 5000 crowns.
    I don't think they will sell well at 5000 crowns I can see 3000 crowns at the most but yeah not no 5000 crowns.
    For one I like to buy outfits and pets, I understand they want to make money but yeah most will buy it if its at a good price range like 2500 crowns, which is what I would buy them for.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on March 28, 2016 8:23PM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5000 is too much but some people will buy it.
    I wish there was some way to get an idea of what percentage of people would and wouldn't buy them at that price. Unfortunately there isn't, because polls on this topic aren't allowed.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have a request to OP: please edit your first post by adding the link to the poll in which people were voting for/against 5k-crowns-worth-assistant.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/256386/at-5000-crowns-each-will-you-buy-the-new-assistants

[Edited to remove discussing moderator action]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on March 28, 2016 8:53PM
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's disgusting. Should be 50% off for ESO Plus Members at least. Wow was saving my crowns for these but now I'm not so sure. They have to reduce this surely.

If you stocked up on Crowns when they were discounted then you may be in my position with a large pool of crowns to easily purchase these with. The crown packs were fairly well discounted and as such this isn't going to be that bad a purchase. And also, for everyone acting surprised; the glass motif is 5k right? And it's just a motif; these actually have some utility value.
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welp while we are on the crowns topic.

@ZOS_GinaBruno and @ZOS_JessicaFolsom and I understand that you all don't make these decisions, but you're often the community voices that we appreciate interacting with as often times its very pleasant to see each of you on ESO Live.

I want to try and summarize the crowns discussions not just for these particular new entries but, overall.
    Current Crown Scale
    100 to137 crowns = $1 so an assistant per your value system is $55 to $40.15 (The assistant is not worth more than the actual game and its DLC, nor are motif)

Crown Scale Suggestion:
    50 - 250 crowns = consumption items such as soul gems, food, drinks, bank and mount upgrades
    100 - 500 crowns = vanity items such as pets, costumes
    150 - 500 = any and all Blue Motifs (max of 150 per blue)
    500 - 1000 = Mounts of any type (regardless of rarity unless you add in upgrades)
    500 - 1250 = NPC assistants
    500 - 1500 = Purple and Yellow Motifs
    1250 - 3000 = DLC and DLC bundles

You should never exceed 3000 crowns for any single purchase of any kind unless you're offering all three DLC's or something.
    Consider even on a discount, 5500 crowns are $24 - $40 US dollars. So you're suggesting to your customers that mounts, yellow and purple motif as well as assistants are $19 - $40 while your DLC is at best $14 - $19 and the whole base game $25 - $45.

To a lot of your vocal customers, your pricing is severely out of line and while I'm sure you see an influx of willing customers who will pay those prices, I believe over a 6 to 12 month period of time, the sustainability of those prices is not likely thus why you list items temporarily.

I'm suggesting that you store and your feedback would both benefit from a scale similar to the above (with tweaks here and there from feedback above).
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on March 28, 2016 8:40PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Toxic_Hemlock
    Toxic_Hemlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gedalya wrote: »
    That's disgusting. Should be 50% off for ESO Plus Members at least. Wow was saving my crowns for these but now I'm not so sure. They have to reduce this surely.

If you stocked up on Crowns when they were discounted then you may be in my position with a large pool of crowns to easily purchase these with. The crown packs were fairly well discounted and as such this isn't going to be that bad a purchase. And also, for everyone acting surprised; the glass motif is 5k right? And it's just a motif; these actually have some utility value.

True, but the fact remains that you could pay the same amount for 2 full DLC's (Ors and TG) as you would be paying for these convenient items. Don't really seem to be in the same league IMO, and I'll be passing on them even though I have crowns saved up.
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tyrion87 wrote: »
    I have a request to OP: please edit your first post by adding the link to the poll in which people were voting for/against 5k-crowns-worth-assistant.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/256386/at-5000-crowns-each-will-you-buy-the-new-assistants

Thx for the reference :)
    I was able to vote.
    Edited by [Deleted User] on March 28, 2016 8:52PM
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • Morbash
    Morbash
    ✭✭✭✭
    5,000 crowns? LOL! No thanks.
    "War doesn't build character; it reveals it."
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG, 5000 crowns? Seriously? I'm just... Lqexr7A.gif

I would have paid 2500 crowns happily.. but there is no way I'm paying 5000 crowns for that.. Sorry, ESO.. you have way overestimated the value of this to your customers..
  • flying_ace2
    flying_ace2
    ✭✭
    5K is too much, besides I like "going into town" and seeing all the other players there!
    AD
    Just Chill
    Victorem (RIP), Misfitz (RIP), Moonlight Crew (RIP)
    PC - NA
    El-phaba - Sorc
    Rammoth - NB
    Daenora - Temp
  • jcasini222ub17_ESO
    jcasini222ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same! Lol
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only time they would really be of value to me is when I am grinding to level a character and do not want to travel back to town in the middle of that. So for me, 5k is probably not going to be worth it.I would have bought them if they were less though. I am sitting on a decent stack of crowns, but there are so many other things coming out that I am going to want also, and would probably use more.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    $50 for something I can't even use in Cyrodiil, keep making a joke of your game ZOS, you're very good at it.
  • kensan62_ESO
    kensan62_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I would absolutely love to know who made the decision to list the assistants at this price. This person seems to have lost touch with reality and clearly needs an extended vacation. A resignation or even a termination would be alot better me thinks.
    Why do these people in charge never grasp the concept that we as players are not only their customers but are fans first. If we were not fans of the game we would no longer be customers. Keep us happy and they keep their job. Make us unhappy then they unhappy when they cant find a new job.
  • Selstad
    Selstad
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks to the travel network in ESO, going to bank, town or trader isn't as inconvenient as Zenimax makes it out to be. And 5000 crowns for an NPC that saves you marginal seconds just isn't a good sales tactic at all. In my view, they've not made a strong enough argument as to why the banker and trader are worth 5000 crowns.
  • RedRoomGaming
    RedRoomGaming
    ✭✭✭
    Disgusting
    PS4 Eu Server
    • Stampler - RedRoomGaming - V16
    • Mageblade - Beard Of Molag - v3
    • High Elf Sorc - Man Of Potato - V16
  • RedRoomGaming
    RedRoomGaming
    ✭✭✭
    They have put it to that stupidly high price just to take the money off of lazy ass gamers that can't be bothered to take 5 seconds to to wayshrine to a vendor/banker to sort stuff out. 5k crowns for that is absolutely disgusting and a bloody disgrace to eso players all over.
    PS4 Eu Server
    • Stampler - RedRoomGaming - V16
    • Mageblade - Beard Of Molag - v3
    • High Elf Sorc - Man Of Potato - V16
  • whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a Whale, I am, and I wanted these Assistants, but the price has me totally turned off..

If the Banker accessed the guild banks as well, then yes I would probably buy it.

If the Merchant fixed my gear for in-game gold (which ZOS wont let it do, because it is in direct competition with the Crown store repair kits) then I would bite the bullet and get it.

See the thing is I also want the Dro-M'Athra Senche Mount (amongst many other things in the future) and I don't know how much that will be next month when it comes out.

10k crowns for the both of these Assistants together is wayyyy too much..
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
  • Thornen
    Thornen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I can say to Zos at this point is anigif_optimized-19983-1430157577-28.gif
  • Judas Helviaryn
    Judas Helviaryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So we have multiple loading screens while walking from one side of any given major town to the other, and ZOS releases convenience items to avoid half of the reason to go to towns at an exorbitant price as they get worse? Sounds like a patch job turned into a scam by the marketing team to me.

I'm deeply disappointed in ZOS.

The only team I've never had a problem with so far is the Art Team. Those guys are awesome.
    Edited by Judas Helviaryn on March 28, 2016 9:39PM
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A nice feature, but if this is the price of the commodity I rather keep going to bank/merchants no matter how far they are. Overall, the article itself was properly illustrated for this preposterousness:
    3973b3075e27bbdf6731462824952b6b.jpg
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are not nearly convenient enough to excuse such a high price.

I will pass. Hell, I would pass if it was anywhere above 1k of crowns.

1 - The banker doesn't access guild bank or store.

2 - The merchant does not repair your equipment.

3 - And, of course, they do not work in Cyrodiil.

I hope anyone that spends that much on them reads everything before buying and is aware of these 3 little things (hahah, yeah right, like we won't have people complaining about these mere minutes after they are released...).
    Edited by Abeille on March 28, 2016 9:44PM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be willing to bet some of the ZoS employees heard the amount for the assistants and thought "That is going to raise a firestorm".
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did not had plans to buy them unless they where under 1k crowns because i'm used the current meta of running to bank stuff and i don't mind it BUT 5 k crowns is EXTREME i can only imagine the dro'M-Athra mount costing 8k crowns.
    Some of my favorite screenshots
    My opinions and posts are mostly on a PvE setting.
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its 40 bucks for 5500 Crowns. Thats a total of 80 dollars to obtain both of these with left over crowns....About 10 dollars worth. Just way over priced for what little convenience they provide. The Banker doesnt allow you to access the Guild Bank, the Merchant doesnt allow you to repair your gear. Id wager theyre hoping to sell Guild Banker and Craftsman Assistants that will do this for you...Again for 5000 Crowns.

Typically Im not against things in the store and I usually will dish out the price if I really want/like what the item is. But in this case. They can keep their assistants. Ill just run back to Town whenever I need to.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • BomblePants
    BomblePants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is such an extreme amount of money that I can only come to the conclusion that zos are testing the community to see exactly just how much we are willing to pay for desirable items/features....