Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

5000 Crowns for the upcoming assistants. Worth it ? ^^

• Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5k each is too much. Going back to town instead isn't that much of an inconvenience. Compare the cost of the two assistants to the cost of maxing bag space which you can do with a on game gold. With maxed bag space, I need to go to town less, making the cost of these assistants even less desirable besides the fact they don't repair armor.
    Beta tester November 2013
    Options
  • Arkvoril
    Arkvoril
    ✭✭✭
    Nope.
    NA/PC

Arkvoril
    Level 50 Altmer Sorcerer
    A Vampire with a Werewolf Companion.
    Master Alchemist and Enchanter;
    Options
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMAO. $50 for a vendor who doesn't even repair. Sounds like a GREAT deal to me...
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
    Options
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could I easily afford $40 each? Yep.
    Would I actually spend it? Nope.
    I am a financial analyst and would be interested in seeing the analysis that went into this price point.
    "Get off my lawn!"
    Options
  • Thornen
    Thornen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could I easily afford $40 each? Yep.
    Would I actually spend it? Nope.
    I am a financial analyst and would be interested in seeing the analysis that went into this price point.

It's not a question of affordability its do they think we are stupid enough to pay $40 on a digital convenience item, yes they do...
    Options
  • flguy147ub17_ESO
    flguy147ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If i had Bill Gates money i wouldnt buy. Some things just arent ethical to me and are just wrong. This price i cant support no matter what. To me its really them giving the community the finger and laughing at us. An assistant is the price you can buy new release games for with things like gamers club at best buy. This is really disgusting and i have plenty of money to buy it but i cant support it so i wont use my crowns on this.
    Options
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just wait for the next patch notes...

In an effort to reduce lag due to heavy loading wayshrine locations have been reduced by about 4/5. Each map now has one wayshrine located at its main city.

Due to lag caused by pathing issues we have removed all traveling merchants.
    Edited by vyndral13preub18_ESO on March 29, 2016 2:36AM
    Options
  • GrumpStump
    GrumpStump
    ✭✭✭
    They will sell what they can at the 5000 crown price, and then in 6 months or so, there will be a 'sale' on them. That way they maximize the money they make. A very smart move to make money. I'll wait until the sale and consider it then.

GrumpStump
    ESO+ Subbed until December 2019
    Options
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol 5k Crowns for Assistants when you have the option to either port to a friend or mail & return to sender items for free. No chance.
    Options
  • Elder_III
    Elder_III
    ✭✭✭✭
    The price is ridiculous. I'd be very hesitant to buy them at 2500 Crowns each let alone 5000. :( Here I was thinking they would be 1000-2000 each and something sensible/useful to spend Crowns on. As it is now..... hell no.
    Semi retired from the trading aspects of the game.
    Options
  • swirve
    swirve
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seriously bad misjudgement...worse than destiny / bungie. You can buy full games for that.

Money is not the issue, rabid greed is.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Options
  • dalodir
    dalodir
    ✭✭
    They are testing the water. I would like the merchant but 5k for me is too much for me, so will wait it out for a price drop/sale or until my eso+ crown points grow too high...
    Options
  • bedlom
    bedlom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5000 each whats that like nearly 100 bucks. **** you zeni.
    Options
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5k each is a steep price.

For the Merchant I would only consider it when he can also repair.

For the Banker it would be great if we can tag Armor, Weapons and Jewelry, so we can not by mistake sell or deconstruct them. This allows that we can wear or stock in our Bank our whole garderobe of Armor Sets that we want to have available during raiding.

If both improvements are done AND the Crafter bag is there, you can dwell through Dungeons endlessy and deconstruct or sell any looted items by your crafter alts or your alt being close to crafter stations.

Once Housing has been added, AND no Bank interface is made IN the housing, a Banker becomes much more usefull considering all Inventory transaction that could happen.

Once you can have your own crafting stations in your Housing, and your crafters are in the Housing....
    and your trader alt is in villages or cities for transactions with guild stores/banks.....
    Your playing characters are free from all kinds of transactional ***.
    You only need to swap characters now and then by log-in, log-out, etc. instead of travelling back and forth all the time for transactional stuff.

So it depends for me a bit what the bigger picture is that ZOS has in mind.

Edited by hrothbern on March 28, 2016 7:43PM
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
    Options
  • kensan62_ESO
    kensan62_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Should not cost more than the entire DLC of Thieves Guild. Seriously, it is very disappointing to see a price so out of reach and unrealstic based on prior crown store offerings. Orsinium was not even 5000 crowns. Zos needs to dial the price down to 1500-1800 crowns at most.
    Options
  • Genomic
    Genomic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's disgusting. I hate that games have gone in this direction. Milking the obsessives and addicts. I hate even more that gameplay, though sheer economics, loses out to cash shop development.
    Options
  • Garldeen
    Garldeen
    ✭✭✭✭
    If this sells well, expect future items to be closer to this price than current prices. It is as much a dipping the toe to see what the breaking point is for purchases. Start high and reduce them through sales until you find the max people will pay. That then becomes starting point for future items.

Although we are, it is a pain to be treated as customers rather than game players
    Edited by Garldeen on March 28, 2016 7:32PM
    Options
  • Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5000 crowns??

giphy.gif

No.
    Edited by Leogon on March 28, 2016 7:48PM
    Options
  • kensan62_ESO
    kensan62_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I guess we will see if they actually do care what their players think. You can't miss this thread so after they read it maybe they will reconsider the price and bring it down to a range more palatable to the majority. I was going to buy both assistants when I heard them announced but now I will not until the price drops.
    Options
  • jcasini222ub17_ESO
    jcasini222ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    If anything I doubt they'll lower the price anytime soon. However, I would expect more 'crown sales' in the near future.
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I vote no

[Edited to remove discussing moderator action]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on March 28, 2016 8:12PM
    Options
  • Tib
    Tib
    ✭✭✭
    Heck-No-Meme-23.gif
    ~Tibbie~
    Senior Achievement Seeker, Scholar of UESP and the laziest trader in Tamriel
    Editor and Recent Changes Patroller at UESP
    Member of Beyond Skyrim: Iliac Bay
    Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I definitely won't be buying them at that price, I think it's far too much.

To be fair though I'm unlikely to buy them anyway. My other MMO, Guild Wars 2, offers similar items, except theirs are single use (at a cost of £0.37 per use) and in 3.5 years of playing I've never felt tempted to buy them. I don't even use the ones I get free very often.

Of course that's a different game with different inventory management. Most notably you can deconstruct weapons and armour any where and deposit all crafting materials to the bank from anywhere in that game. But even so I've never found inventory management annoying enough in this game that I'd be willing to pay that much to avoid it.

Sure it would be nice to be able to take everything from a cave or dungeon and just deposit it when my inventory was full, but I got through 3 TES games playing a female Khajiit, I'm used to having to leave loot behind.
    Edited by Danikat on March 28, 2016 7:47PM
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Options
  • Ni7eWa7ch
    Ni7eWa7ch
    ✭✭
    Xiana wrote: »
    5k Crowns for a vendor that doesn't sell and can't repair anything? Certainly not.

Even if they'd repair , sell , guild bank and Cyrodiil the price would be ridiculously high
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, nope. Not touching this at all. 5k is way too much.
    Options
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    5000 crowns for a merchant who can't repair ? :p
    Even if it was priced at 1000 crowns I wouldn't buy it.

If the merchant could repair, 2000 crowns needs to be the new price tag and I will definitely buy it.
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
    Options
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe if they came with footrubs...
    "Get off my lawn!"
    Options
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one thinks perhaps you overestimate her income!

This price it is too high for Santie. Far too high.

Khajiit will continue to use her local friendly bank with its occasionally unwatched desks and trunks.

Yours with paws not made of solid gold
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
    Options
  • Cendrillion21
    Cendrillion21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought these assistants would be 3k - 3.5k, I'm really amazed at the (over)price.

Glad to see so many people feel the same way but I expect to see them all over in game anyway.
    Campos de oro
    Options
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im hoping this flops and they end up having to lower the price.
    Edited by Korah_Eaglecry on March 28, 2016 8:10PM
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
    Options