Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How many people is a zerg?

• Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    24+
    Ahzek wrote: »
    If you run around with more than me (i solo 90% of the time) you are a filthy scrubcakenoobzergling that needs a prootch to make your descisions.

Loool prootch xD

On topic:

Solo: 1 player
    Duo: 2 player
    Small group: 3-7
    Medium group: 8-16
    Full Fist (raid): 17-24
    Zerg: Anything above a full raid.

My opinion. You don't have to agree.

Edit: IF you are solo/small gr/medium group running along the pughordes Or other raids tough, then you are apart of the zerg imo. No matter how many you are.
    Edited by Master_Kas on February 22, 2016 3:54AM
    EU | PC
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4-8 could be considered zerging depending on which gameplay you're taking part in.

Even though that is a full group in both ESO and DAOC.

For example during DAOC most stealthers ran as solos or duos. You would run into trios but anything past that was called a stealth Zerg. For anyone who played Merlin server they probably remember the dumba Zerg which was usually 6 to 8 stealthers.

For anything not concerning stealth based pvp it's usually anything past one group; though frankly in this game if you hit me with 7 or 8 and I had 4 I wouldn't think ya zerged me but I wouldn't fault people who did. Simply cause the group pvp in this game is very lax with what people run. It hasn't been enforced like it was in DAOC for example. If you ran for example 10vs8 in DAOC every single 8 man would shun you; they would go out of their way to Assjam your fights; if two different realms were fighting they would seriously stop and fight the 10 man as well. It was very strictly enforced not to be *** in pvp basically.

Now you look at ESO if you hit me with 10 and I had 8 I wouldn't care... I wouldn't say you zerged or what not either... Probably cause just adding another person onto the 8 isn't going to make a break the fight like adding an extra person in DAOC did... Having 2 people in DAOC add on your fight could seriously ruin your day with the interrupt system and things like buff shears for example.

however there is a certain point where past a number you are just zerging around... In DAOC it was 9+ I'd say in this game it's probably 12+ even though I'd never run 12 I see it as the number most guilds would have simply cause of trials.

Running 24 you're a damn Zerg though... There hasn't been an MMO yet running 24 people wasn't considered a Zerg.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    13-14
    Well if you zerg me down 12v4 you must be a zerg. Still I'd consider any group running together with 13+ a zerg... but that again is dependant on the current version of the game, if it was more strategic gameplay at that groupsize, it wouldn't just be beating enemies with numbers, wether overall or in a certain situation of the fight, thus not a zerg.

But what really irks me... @Velukodi did you just vote for both 1-2 and 15-16? :o
    Edited by ToRelax on February 22, 2016 8:51AM
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    17-24
    [snip]

I feel comfortable in groups of ~12, and don't like it when there are more than 16. >20 is a zerg imo. Then again, I wouldn't blame them if it wasn't for the lag. Can't force people to play in small(er) groups if they don't have the skills or whatever, it's stupid to pursue that idea.

[Edited for bait]
    Edited by ZOS_CoriJ on February 24, 2016 4:44PM
    Lairgren | DC Dragonknight - August Palatine
    playing for eXile

I'm done, CU somewhere else.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    24+
    I'm gonna roll a character and name him "I'm with those guys"
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    13-14
    Depends how heavily one side outnumbers the other so you can't really put a number on it. If you have more then double your opponents numbers I'd consider it zerging.

From my experience I feel as though once you go over 12 competent people your impact as an individual becomes less noticeable, survivability becomes a lot easier, so I'd say 12+ feels more zergy but isn't necessarily zerging because believe it or not, some of your opponents will run around with like 60 dudes... idk how they can get enjoyment out of running round with 60 at that point your not even pvping, you're just chatting in ts and watching tv shows on your other monitor while holding down the w key.

Edited by IxSTALKERxI on February 22, 2016 9:22AM
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    11-12
    Everyone who says anything under 10 people is a zerg are wrong.

There is a difference between a squad, platoon and zerg.

Just because 2 / 4 or even 6 people ganked a single guy does not make them a zerg. A zerg is a large group flocking together ( weak individually but strength in numbers ).

So I answered 11-12 because imo anything larger than a 10 man group can be seen as a zerg.

However traditionally a zerg is more than 20...

True PvP zergs in this game constitute of 40 ppl or more. Sometimes so many that your screen will freeze a.k.a. Azura's Star :hushed:
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • Hektik_V
    Hektik_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1-2
    idk how they can get enjoyment out of running round with 60 at that point your not even pvping, you're just chatting in ts and watching tv shows on your other monitor while holding down the w key.

More people more fun, so I've been told.
    Das Hektik
    Hektik V
    Hektiksaurus
    Hekspawn

@HEKT1K
  • MountainHound
    MountainHound
    ✭✭✭✭
    Duiwel wrote: »
    Everyone who says anything under 10 people is a zerg are wrong.

There is a difference between a squad, platoon and zerg.

Just because 2 / 4 or even 6 people ganked a single guy does not make them a zerg. A zerg is a large group flocking together ( weak individually but strength in numbers ).

So I answered 11-12 because imo anything larger than a 10 man group can be seen as a zerg.

However traditionally a zerg is more than 20...

True PvP zergs in this game constitute of 40 ppl or more. Sometimes so many that your screen will freeze a.k.a. Azura's Star :hushed:

So it isn't a zerg when someone is doing 1 v 9? This is 1 vs a squad?

Because by your logic, 10 vs 90 is not a zerg either.
    Edited by MountainHound on February 22, 2016 11:52AM
  • DjKahun
    DjKahun
    ✭✭✭
    5-6
    I would call it a zerg if you are outnumbered in a ratio 1:4
    ~ Snowborn ~ Ebonheart Loyals ~
    V16 - Stamina Templar - Nord [PS4-EU][Ebonheart Pact]
    V16 - Magicka Sorcerer - Dark Elf [PS4-EU][Ebonheart Pact]
  • Farorin
    Farorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    9-10
    9-10 or more people is a zerg only if they are balled up tightly, it has to be mroe than that for it to be a zerg regardless of tactics used. Less than that is just a large group.
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    9-10
    well you are zerged when your opposing forces are 2x your grp size regardless of numbers.

but you are a zerg once you are above 8 players from my perspective. so "zerg" is not a deterministic variable...
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    24+
    Too some a "zerg" is any group that kills them. i was in a 12 man group the other day and got a whisper accusing me of zerging...... from some AD in a 24 man group. i loled

basically. my definition of "zerg" is a group large enough to lag the server.
    Edited by Lucky28 on February 22, 2016 1:10PM
    Invictus
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leandor wrote: »
    Zerging has nothing to do with numbers, it's the playstyle involved. Ball groups are zergs, no matter how many players partake.

Ball groups are groups clustering on a "leader" while abusing the two principle faults of ESO, strength of AoE attacks and smart healing.

^this
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A zerg is when a group depends upon numbers to overwhelm the opposition instead of skill and tactics. So anywhere between 3 and 200.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Imo I would define things differently zerg to me doesn't refer to "group size"

zerg to me is uncoordinated play where the only tactic is to take things through overwhelming numbers. A coordinated group/raid can act in a zergy manner by teaming up with all of its uncoordinated players.

E.g. "that ep zerg is rushing the bridge". "AD are zerging BRK main door".

Here are my definitions for those who are interested.
    1 = solo
    2 = duo
    4 = group
    <8= small scale
    <16 = squad
    16-24 = raid
    25-32 = large raid
    32+ = bad raid

@Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • reften
    reften
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    13-14
    A well run, tight knit group of 12 players, with great builds, who know what they're going....often times is considered a zerg.

I believe people think zerg and highly organized group as one in the same. A highly organized group that drops ults at the same time followed by tornado = Zerg. 8 players can be excellent at this.

The zerg problem is actually a teamspeak problem.
    Edited by reften on February 22, 2016 3:14PM
    Reften
    Bosmer (Wood Elf)
    Moonlight Crew (RIP), Misfitz (RIP), Victorem Guild

VR16 NB, Stam build, Max all crafts.

Azuras & Trueflame. Mostly PvP, No alts.

Semi-retired till the lag is fixed.

Love the Packers, Bourbon, and ESO...one of those will eventually kill me.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1-2
    Obv anything over 1
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Tsar_Bogatyr
    Tsar_Bogatyr
    ✭✭✭
    5-6
    is funny how people forget to mention this but

"The Zerg Swarm is a terrifying and ruthless amalgamation of biologically advanced, arthropodal aliens. Dedicated to the pursuit of genetic perfection, the zerg relentlessly hunt down and assimilate advanced species across the galaxy"

Quoted from http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Zerg
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Hexys
    Hexys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    17-24
    For me it is important to leave smaller groups alone unless they want to fight you. This to an extend of 12, goin towards 12-16 is also ok for me if there is groups running 24+ on the map.

If the players could just l2p more instead of finding shelter in zergs!
    Astrum | Daggerfall Covenan | EU-PC
    Noricum | Daggerfall Covenant | EU-PC
    Spectral | Ebonheart Pact | EU-PC

DC | AR 50 | Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (07-08-2016)
    AD | AR 50 | Hexposed - Magicka Sorcerer (27-04-2017)
    EP | AR 50 | Darth Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (05-08-2018)
    EP | AR 50 | Grand Overload Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (03-03-2021)
    EP | AR 39 | Legendary Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer

EP | AR 43 | Hexyles - Stamina Nightblade
    EP | AR 49 | Hexys - Stamina Nightblade (23-02-2022)
    EP | AR 35 | Hexesy Shadowblade - Stamina Nightblade

EP | AR 50 | Hexesy - Magicka Warden (31-01-2021)
    EP | AR 49 | Hexyra - Magicka Warden (07-03-2021)

EP | AR 34 | Hexesy Czyterski - Magicka Necromancer

2.5k+ Champion Points
    Earned over 640.000.000 Alliance Points!

@Hexiss - Youtube Channel - Twitch Channel
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1-2
    If you have more than me you're zerging. Read my mind, know how many are in my group, forget how many other players not in my group are around me, and then cut people from your own group/guild to make it even. Otherwise, you're just a zerg baddie.

:trollface:
    Edited by Manoekin on February 22, 2016 4:14PM
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    24+
    A Zerg is always one more player than your group. You will always get a whisper that they add 10 to whatever group you are actually running. Let me give an example: You would have never killed us if you didn't have so many ppl f in zergling. Ah, dude we have 8 ppl. Yeah 18 ppl. No 8 ppl I can screen shot if you want me to. F u!
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another definition of zerg in my mind is a constant flow of players regardless if they are together or not, in which they will die, repsawn, die,respawn, and keep pushing an objective. Almost like an FPS deathmatch. I've heard the term used for that kind of gameplay too. Which also started with the Starcraft reference. This is because the smallest "Zerg" unit was very cheap and fast to make so you could set a structure to continually produce units to rush towards the enemy base.

I'll agree anything over a 24 man "raid" unit is a zerg though. Simply because that's the maximum allowed by the game as one entity. (in the context of this thread)
    Edited by Dreyloch on February 22, 2016 5:16PM
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • CN_Daniel
    CN_Daniel
    ✭✭✭✭
    The same people who cry about 'getting zerged' seem to think it's different if they jump on someone 6v1, 6v2, etc

So I kill groups like Analiers whenever possible, because they just "mini-zerg" small teams.

If 6 people jump 2, that's 3:1 odds. Those same 6 should expect 3:1 odds from 18 people then.

I'm just restoring the balance.
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1-2
    CN_Daniel wrote: »
    The same people who cry about 'getting zerged' seem to think it's different if they jump on someone 6v1, 6v2, etc

So I kill groups like Analiers whenever possible, because they just "mini-zerg" small teams.

If 6 people jump 2, that's 3:1 odds. Those same 6 should expect 3:1 odds from 18 people then.

Game mechanics prevent that from being 3:1 odds, just fyi.

Sometimes small groups do things that they then shouldn't complain about any kind of numbers after. However, there's plenty of small groups that try to do things away from the main action, and a group of 24 shows up to clear them out for whatever reason. You can take 4 people to a Glademist resource and expect a full raid to show up. If you go to an Arrius resource what appears to be the entirety of the EP population ends up there. The same thing happens with AD I know because sometimes I show up to a resource expecting to see a lot of enemies, and I only see a couple of known small group players. What I do is then let zone chat know it's clear, and what I don't do is engage in fighting myself. If I see them trying to get away I'll tell my group to stop chasing. If they go in the tower I won't say to follow them, but if you want to stay in the tower I can't help it if people enter it to try and fight them.

It's not about what other people do, it's about what you do.
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1-2
    Gal and Benom are definitely a zerg. Just ask anybody on the AD side that knows em'.
    Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
    Lo Behold, AD Thornblade NA (formerly Haderus, inactive)
  • CN_Daniel
    CN_Daniel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Manoekin wrote: »

Sometimes small groups do things that they then shouldn't complain about any kind of numbers after. However, there's plenty of small groups that try to do things away from the main action, and a group of 24 shows up to clear them out for whatever reason. You can take 4 people to a Glademist resource and expect a full raid to show up. If you go to an Arrius resource what appears to be the entirety of the EP population ends up there. The same thing happens with AD I know because sometimes I show up to a resource expecting to see a lot of enemies, and I only see a couple of known small group players. What I do is then let zone chat know it's clear, and what I don't do is engage in fighting myself. If I see them trying to get away I'll tell my group to stop chasing. If they go in the tower I won't say to follow them, but if you want to stay in the tower I can't help it if people enter it to try and fight them.

It would be different if I saw teams of 6+ leave solo/duo players, I've never seen one do it. They 6v1 them. We actually had this discussion in depth in Ts a few nights ago. The rule we camp up with was ~6+, you're a target. Less and and you're not. All about ratios. 3v1 is no different than 9v3 is no different than 27v9.
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1-2

It would be different if I saw teams of 6+ leave solo/duo players, I've never seen one do it. They 6v1 them. We actually had this discussion in depth in Ts a few nights ago. The rule we camp up with was ~6+, you're a target. Less and and you're not. All about ratios. 3v1 is no different than 9v3 is no different than 27v9.

IMO you'll never reliably decide whether or not it's less than or more than 6. Too many people inflate numbers in call outs. It's better to learn who you're fighting. Also, my point was that 3v1 may not be a "fair" fight, but at least it's fair mechanically. 3v9 is still pretty good, but getting to the point of 6v18, 9v27 you are essentially adding an extra 6 or 10.5 players to the fight via AOE caps in regards to how much damage you need to do. Certainly, if those smaller groups are trying to pick a fight go right on ahead, but to accomplish your objective and then go out of your way to kill them... I see that happen way too much.
  • KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

<3 Manozerg is best zerg
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC original dueling and general PvP community guild
    Now the hub of competitive dueling and the joined PvP communities of NA and EU/PC

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys