Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Vamps are free AP, with new DLC..

• Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    Comparing Vampires to Werewolves would make sense if Werewolves get access to all of their skills just like Vampires do. However, they need to transform first.

I understand that aspect which makes sense. But being vamp full time you get reduced health regen ontop of extra flame damage. There are so many negatives towards vampire compared to WW. WW once transformed is incredibly strong. Howl of agony is like a dragon leap each howl.

While in WW they get increased stats along with armor but as a vamp you just take full damage regardless. I'm not saying change anything with WW as imo it's only strong small scale pvp or 1v1. However, if vamp is going to continue to have so much going against it, then it's only two skills: drain and mist should both be looked at again to make sure they actually work.

Mist has been proven multiple times in various ways to be bugged.
    I still think the strength of the immediate availability of Vampire skills should not be underestimated. The extra fire damage has been nerfed to the point where it doesn't even matter anymore and while most people focus on the Batswarm and Dark Stalker, I really dig the lovely damage mitigation at low health. Also, once someone transforms into a Werewolf they might have some pretty impressive skills, but it does require them to transform which in turn makes them melt just as hard from the same things as Vampires.

What really needs fixing on Vampires is the fact that if you are debuffed with Mark Target and enter Clouding Swarm, you will remain visible to everybody, instead of just the caster of Mark Target.
    Options
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Undeath needs a buff, make it reduce incoming stealth attack damage by 20%? i mean we are blood sensing monsters superior beings which lore wise made vampires harder to sneak up on. then they need to up the damage of drain+poison mist, make mist actually CC immune and i believe vampires will become useful again.
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

Options
  • Sav72
    Sav72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Increase feed timers to at least a hour.

The more you feed the stronger percentage for your resistance.

The less you feed, weaker percentage to your resistance, but equal percentage increase to your damage.

You can now and I quote "Play the way you want"

The real Elder Scroll way.....

Edited by Sav72 on February 6, 2016 1:18PM
    Savoifair, EP NB

If you break something, you can glue it back together and fix it, but, it will always be broken...

Options
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Suggestion to give vamp some more flavor in pvp without a buff to pve

Undeath: reduced damage at low health, and vampires can no longer be executed.

What's the point of a 30% mitigation when exicutes do 300% more damage?
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
    Options
  • MrGigglypants
    MrGigglypants
    ✭✭✭
    mr_wazzabi wrote: »
    Sav72 wrote: »
    Fine, let it hit hard, but why the hell are vamp skills so dam weak?
    Bat swarm and proxy det combo = death

Still think vamp skills are weak?

Soul tether proxy det is just as strong if not worst because you can burst 20k vs 8 easily
    Options
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having quick accessible skills that either do zero damage or almost no damage still doesn't justify things like camo hunter and dawnbreaker stacking for 1 shots just because you chose vamp. Vamp is by far the easiest to target for 1 shot bursts. It makes zero sense how zos can continually tone down damage and healing but allow vampires to be 1 shot to the point you can't even react to what hit you.

At least allow a chance for reaction.

Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    Bean and Cheese Burrito (Magicka DK) ♥ Snurrito (Stamplar) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
    Options
  • cosmic_niklas_93b16_ESO
    cosmic_niklas_93b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eh, I dropped my vampirism after they kept nerfing it more than anything else in the game, vamps suck now and none of the passives or skills make up for the massive weaknesses they get. I do so much better with survival without it, the regen is just about the same with me being able to use better skills in place of the mandatory vamp skill you need to have equipped on both bars to get the regen. If I have to sacrifice 2 slots then the passive should at the very least be 30%+ concidering how bad the skills vamps have are.

Undeath is just plain bad as I didn't notice any survivability gain compared to how my char is without it. There is the sneak passive I guess, which is the only decent passive they got, but it hardly outweighs the weaknesses camps got overall. I want to play as a vamp but if I want to do any dungeon or something, I'm just better off not having it as it contributes nothing at all to damage or survival.
    R.I.P. Daranth Spellborn
    VR16 Dunmer Sorcerer
    March 2014 - May 2016
    He was a skilled Crafter and a reliable Sorcerer;
    Then came the Dark Brotherhood

Wrobel wrote: Surge is now more effective for tank characters.
    Because crit tanks are so good, LOL. xD
    Options
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imo it't not that vamps are useless in pvp, its just that there are too many bugs or bad skilldesign over all.

- fix clouding swarm to where you are always invisible and wont be hit by stuff casted before you entered (just like cloak)
    - fix elusive mist to where you wont be affected by immobilize and slows, especially the 0,5s slow after someone gapcloses on you...
    - change fighters guild skill to where they do the same dmg to monsters as now, but less to nonmonsters. That way less people use it and its less of a spam. Fighters Guild abilities are designed to hunt monster, yet everyone uses Dawnbreaker because of the sheer burst against EVERYONE, not just vamps wws and stuff. Im okay with getting twoshotted if someone decides to go for a evil hunter route, but then he wont be effective against other targets..
    - the drain essence skill is just horrible designed over all, people only use it to immediatly cancel it for the stun. Just design that skill completly new, there are so many ideas lurking around..

@ZOS_GinaBruno Please make this happen BEFORE TG hits live, because vamps will just go back to the shadows if the changes go through like that

Options
  • RoamingRiverElk
    RoamingRiverElk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Clouding Swarm needs to give you invisibility for the whole time it's active
    - Elusive Mist needs to give freedom from all roots and CC and give you 40% speed buff, not 30%
    - do something about Camo Hunter already, it's way too strong. Getting killed in an instant is not fun gameplay.
    Dalris Aalr - Magicka (Stamina) DK | Dalfish - Magicka Sorc | Dal Aalr - Magicka Warden | Dalrish - Mag/Stam NB | Irana Aalr - PvE Templar
    Options
  • Taonnor
    Taonnor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the vampire mechanic should be redesigned.

A vamp needs to drink blood. If he well feeded with blood he is stronger. BUT in ESO it is better to not drink blood to get higher CD reduce on skills. This seems not logical to me.

Better will be that the CD reduce and other buffs will be applied if the vamp is well feeded. There should ZOS begin to redesign the vamp. For example CD reduce + higher magicka reg per feed level.

Then could be vamp cool, because you have the "i need blood" hunting aspect all time there. WW have this if they are transformed to hold up their transformation. Why not vamps too?
    Guild

Gildenleiter von Lux Dei (EU/AD). Offizieller Gildenspotlight für ESOTU!
    Guild leader of Lux Dei (EU/AD). Official Guild Spotlight for ESOTU!

Addons & Guides

ESOUI Author Portal: Taonnor
    Addons: Taos AP Session, Taos Group Tools

Myth AoE Cap: DE Mythos AoE Cap // EN Myth AoE Cap

What should i change in ESO: DE [DGR] Was würde ich an ESO verändern - "Der große Rundumschlag" // EN [TWS] What should i change in ESO – „The sweeping statement“

Charakters

Taonnor Annare, Sorcerer
    Thao Annare, Nightblade
    Options
  • Refuse2GrowUp
    Refuse2GrowUp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am console so cannot play on the PTS. But it would seem that with the damage increase of MagDet, the old Bat Swarm + Proxy + (your favorite AOE) would definitely be a thing again (especially combined with some of the zerg buster PvP sets coming) and will result in massive death counts. If you can dish that much damage that quickly and efficiently, there must be a downside. Balances and Counter Balances no?
    PS4 NA Server

CP160 DK Firemage
    CP160 StamSorc
    CP160 Templar Healer
    CP160 Stam NB
    CP160 Magica Sorc
    Cp160 Stamplar
    CP160 Magicka NB
    CP160 DK Tank
    CP160 Stam DK
    CP160 Mag Templar
    CP160 Blazing Shield Templar

EP Loyalist
    Options
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's no use to be a Vampire if you get constantly (nearly) instagibbed by Camo Hunter and on top of that your Clouding Swarm doesn't actually turn you invisible most of the time. This comes on top of all the extra damage you always receive.

All these debuffs are not worth the faster sneak speed and damage mitigation at low health at all.
    Options
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been a vamp since level 11 back in June. Nothing like taking on 5+ people in a corner spamming talons and inhale at low health =). I ain't neva scared! I welcome all the camo hunter pros, I love targeting people with shiny blue weapons.
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
    Options
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP will be over run with magic DKS.

Sad, you get excited with a new DLC, only to realize how unbalanced it will be again.

Don't you worry. You will still see reverberating, wrecking blowing, flapping, sprint maneuvering, vigoring, rallying, dodge roll spamming executioner monster Stam DKs everywhere.

Edited by Xeven on February 17, 2016 3:21PM
    Options
  • PCheuk38b14_ESO
    PCheuk38b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Xeven wrote: »
    PvP will be over run with magic DKS.

Sad, you get excited with a new DLC, only to realize how unbalanced it will be again.

Don't you worry. You will still see reverberating, wrecking blowing, flapping, sprint maneuvering, vigoring, rallying, dodge roll spamming executioner monster Stam DKs everywhere.

This made me laugh rofl.
    Options
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    radiant mage light gives the stealth bonus while slotted.

the only thing to worry about is dawnbreaker. as a nightblade vampire, i now have to cloak for the full DoT duration. :/

nb vampires get hit hard with this change.

Equip the new Alchemy and Vicious Death sets.
    Jump into a raid with preloaded Magicka Detonation and a potion popped for Alchemy proc.
    Pop Invisible Batswarm.
    Spam Sap Essence.
    Profit.
    Options
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zinaroth wrote: »

the only thing to worry about is dawnbreaker. as a nightblade vampire, i now have to cloak for the full DoT duration. :/

Jump into a raid with preloaded Magicka Detonation and a potion popped for Alchemy proc.
    Pop Invisible Batswarm.
    Spam Sap Essence.
    Profit.
    And then die.
    Options
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampire is a RPers skill line
    Options
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    Zinaroth wrote: »

Pop Invisible Batswarm.
    Spam Sap Essence.
    Profit.
    And then die.

Either everything is dead or people are so busy recovering that you can Cloak away.
    Incase neither is true, then possibly die, yes.
    Options
  • asneakybanana
    asneakybanana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fine, let it hit hard, but why the hell are vamp skills so dam weak?

The main reason for the mist form change was consoles. On consoles mist form was the best skill in the game because there was no tab targeting or at least it was barely used unlike on pc. Then as for drain essence they need to do something to make it worth the cast or just totally replace it with maybe a direct damage skill and then bats are good for group still but they have lost their effect in solo play due to the fact that they are sustained DPS and not burst which is what thisngame has turned into, however I really wouldn't like to see bats turned into a burst damage skill and maybe instead just fixing the bugs.
    Asneakybanana AD DK Former emperor of Chrysamere and Chillrend. World first hardmode Hel'ra and Quake con winner (Alliance rank 25)
    Asneakyhabenero EP DK Former emperor of Thornblade, Haderus. World first vMA Dk clear (Alliance rank 39)
    Asneakycucumber EP Sorc Former empress of Blackwater Bay and Trueflame (Alliance rank 32)
    Asneakypineapple EP Temp Former empress of Azuras Star and Haderus (Alliance rank 22)
    Asneakypickle EP NB Former empress of Trueflame (Alliance rank 47)
    Sweat Squad
    Crowned 27x on 12 different campaign cycles | 200M+ AP earned
    Fastest AA clear ever: 5:42 | Fastest HRC clear ever: 5:27 | NA first HM MoL
    609k Mag Sorc vMA
    NA first Tick Tock Tormentor
    NA first trinity (All No Death/HM/Speed run trials titles)
    2x Tick Tock Tormentor
    Options
  • TRoclodyte
    TRoclodyte
    ✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Vampire is a RPers skill line

I'm a RPer. I'll use vamp when they remove the ugly faces.
    No thank you!
    Options
  • seitekisaki
    seitekisaki
    ✭✭✭
    Hey imagine if the radiant/inner light breaking clouding swarm goes through? Then you're also limited to 1 ulti and ofcourse getting one shot. Not to forget ele expert is the pretty much all types of magicka damage cp now so you're gonna get hit harder by people who use fire. Its a hard knock life.

Personally after imperial city dropped I realized all my struggles with vamp were too much. It wasn't the patch. Vamps have been getting hit with issues for a long time. Whether it was more people getting camo/evil hunter and dawnbreaker or nerfs. Also I haven't tested it BUT when I did use vamp I felt like mist form was effected by the 50% pvp debuff. I'm saying it felt like I would only mitigate 25% more damage, and that felt very bad...Other than that I wish mist form was actually fast again.
    Options
  • SupaSane
    SupaSane
    ✭✭✭
    iTzStevey wrote: »
    Im a vampire on my temp and while theres been a couple of times bat swarm has saved me,its definitely not worth getting one shotted off little nightblades pressing two buttons. Or taking 9% extra damage. Mist form is one of the most useless abilities i have seen in the game (not much better than guard) Drain essence is just....no. I personally think vamps need a buff or dawnbreaker/fighters guild needs a nerf.

Agreed.
    SupaSane - PC / NA
    Canthion - Bosmer Stamina Nightblade [DC]
    Saviör - Orc Stamina Dragonknight [DC]
    So-No-Head - Argonian Magicka Templar [DC]
    Lord Savioro - Nord Stamina Necromancer [DC]

"So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide, All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf
    Options
  • sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Taonnor wrote: »
    I think the vampire mechanic should be redesigned.

A vamp needs to drink blood. If he well feeded with blood he is stronger. BUT in ESO it is better to not drink blood to get higher CD reduce on skills. This seems not logical to me.

Better will be that the CD reduce and other buffs will be applied if the vamp is well feeded. There should ZOS begin to redesign the vamp. For example CD reduce + higher magicka reg per feed level.

Then could be vamp cool, because you have the "i need blood" hunting aspect all time there. WW have this if they are transformed to hold up their transformation. Why not vamps too?

I have said this before as well, it makes no sense how it works in ESO. Lore or not it needs to be redesigned.
    Options
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one is forced to be a vampire. You don't like? Cure it.
    Options
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zen,
    If you do not like Vamps, why bother having them, can't believe the abuse for this skill, with only one benefit, Dark Stalker.

QFT

Vamp is like an abusive relationship that you just can't leave because of Dark Stalker.

Maybe DB DLC will have a magicka version of Night's Silence to craft.

This ^. Most the time I don't even have an ability slotted!
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
    Options
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zen,
    If you do not like Vamps, why bother having them, can't believe the abuse for this skill, with only one benefit, Dark Stalker.

QFT

Vamp is like an abusive relationship that you just can't leave because of Dark Stalker.

Maybe DB DLC will have a magicka version of Night's Silence to craft.

Hmm, maybe this is the set you're looking for? Could be interesting.

uGOfDVW.png

Edit: added inline image
    Edited by Kartalin on February 18, 2016 1:44AM
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Miralys, AD Magsorc, AR 35
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
    Options
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Islyn wrote: »
    No one is forced to be a vampire. You don't like? Cure it.

Cool story bro...

Nobody forced you to pick x weapon
    Nobody forced you to be x class
    Nobody forced you to play the game

See what i did there? nobody forced you to make an ignorant post in this thread...

Excuse us for wanting some reasonable benefits in exchange for all the drawbacks there are to being a vamp currently.
    Options
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

you wont be able to cloak at all, another nb will mark you locking the skill.
    Options
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

you wont be able to cloak at all, another nb will mark you locking the skill.

There is change of mark incoming, you can read it here.
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2710514/#Comment_2710514
    Options