The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Vamps are free AP, with new DLC..

• xarguideb17_ESO
    xarguideb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    When you cure vampirism, do you get all its skillpoints back?

Not until you do a full respec I think.

Looks like i'm going to have to pay for the full respec then, since they don't plan to reset the skill points.
    Options
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iTzStevey wrote: »
    Im a vampire on my temp and while theres been a couple of times bat swarm has saved me,its definitely not worth getting one shotted off little nightblades pressing two buttons. Or taking 9% extra damage. Mist form is one of the most useless abilities i have seen in the game (not much better than guard) Drain essence is just....no. I personally think vamps need a buff or dawnbreaker/fighters guild needs a nerf.

Its not "or", both needs to be done.

Clouding Swarm:
    Is okay damagewise, but please make it impossible to reveal/targettable the User, that makes it super useless. This is no perma -Batswarming and Impulse Spamming as in the Beginning anymore, the ability should atleast work reliable for its small duration

Devouring Swarm:
    Is okay

Elusive Mist:
    Is only good for its Speed Boost at the moment but overall just not worth using anymore, needs same treatment as explained above with Clouding Swarm.
    Considering the stopped magicka regen while in use and the hit to Speed (Major Expedition Change), this Ability should atleast reliably work and cover you from Instahits by Fighters Guild as long it lasts (4 damn seconds!).

Poison Mist:
    This Skill is absolute Bull.... you know.
    The Damage is too low, there is not enough Damage ticks to proc any effects and on top of that there is almost no effect it can proc, because its Poison Damage.
    Turn this into a small range PbAoE which deals Frost Damage and let it tick more often, like every 0,5 sec to everyone close enough, maybe even snare for a small Percentage.

Invigorating Drain:
    Does what the Tooltip says, but overall a pretty weak and useless Ability. Too many alternatives, Ult gained is too low and the small Range makes it too situational and therefore unpleasant to use

Accelerating Drain:
    Does what the Tooltip says, but overall a pretty weak and useless Ability. The Speed Buff sounds nice at first, but requires to get close to the Enemy, which most Magicka Users wont want to do, and those who want to get close and personal (mostly Stam Users in this case) again got better Alternatives up their sleeves anyway.

Also Fighters Guild heavy hitters need to deal reduced Damage. I understand there needs to be a downside to being a Vampire and absolutely accept that.
    But think about it like this:

Vampires only get full benefits from being a Vampire if at least 1 Ability is slotted (on each bar!).
    Since the required Abilities all together just SUCK, there is no higher Stam/Magicka reg at all, because nobody wants those abilities on his Ability Bar.
    The other Passives are great and the only reason im still not cured from it.
    But getting oneshotted out of nowhere on a daily basis (multiple times) is just not fair and makes being a Vampire extremly undesirable.
    So having a downside to being a Vampire is okay, but make it a downside, that atleast lets you fight back.

Edited by Birdovic on February 26, 2016 2:47PM
    Options
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also Fighters Guild heavy hitters need to deal reduced Damage. I understand there needs to be a downside to being a Vampire and absolutely accept that.
    But think about it like this:

Vampires only get full benefits from being a Vampire if at least 1 Ability is slotted (on each bar!).
    Since the required Abilities all together just SUCK, there is no higher Stam/Magicka reg at all, because nobody wants those abilities on his Ability Bar.
    The other Passives are great and the only reason im still not cured from it.
    But getting oneshotted out of nowhere on a daily basis (multiple times) is just not fair and makes being a Vampire extremly undesirable.
    So having a downside to being a Vampire is okay, but make it a downside, that atleast lets you fight back.

Im referring to my old post:
    Jeezye wrote: »
    Make camo hunter not work on player characters? Would that be a fix?

The problem is not that a specific skill like camo hunter is too strong, but that everyone uses fighter's guild abilities.

The whole fighter's guild lore is build around fighting undead, and following this line they should ony be effectivly used against undead. In the current state however, everyone slots camo and dawnbreaker because they are beast even against non undead players. They have to be changed to do the same dmg to undead like they do right now, but significantly less against non undead targets. This way the spamm will end, but players choosing to hunt undead will still be good.
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the TG update, the fact that "Elusive" mist will actually make you travel slower than someone sprinting, to say nothing of how a cloud of mist gets snared/stun/rooted, is an utter embarrassment.
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In terms of vamp balance, can the community separate biased critism from objective?

I have no problem with dawnbreaker and camo hunter doing huge dmg against vamps/wearwolves. Fire and poison are perfect dmg to focus on too.

With that said, coming from the Templar standpoint, heres my take:
    - the stealth speed bonus is useless for builds that don't care for being in stealth (assuming it doesn't apply to invible bats?)
    - regen is peanuts when start thinking about pvp/pve situations against fire dmg weakness (also last I checked fire and "houses" don't mix lol).
    - elusive mist was the only bonus for templars looking for an escape. IC nerfed it and i stopped considering vamp afterwards.
    - bats is a powerful ultimate, but requires close quarters. Useless for my staff build and my lack of "home" protection.
    - for magicka templars, low health equals increased dmg mitigation appears to be the strongest passive. It allows us to not worry about using health and instead stack magicka (our shield is weak anyway so it kinda makes sense). But you have to tackle the fire dmg, stack the impen and up your healing since we have no escape.

From a Templar standpoint, vamp is total loss due to escape mechanism nerfed. Rest was challenging play and should remain as such; you don't pick vamp for the glitter, you pick it for the blood.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So still no changes in the last pts updates, can we keep this discussion going?
    Options
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ( Nightblade + Vamp ) - DLC = Emily Cries Outloud

why.. why .. why nerf me?

I refuse to install this DLC!

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

Options
  • cosmic_niklas_93b16_ESO
    cosmic_niklas_93b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    ( Nightblade + Vamp ) - DLC = Emily Cries Outloud

why.. why .. why nerf me?

I refuse to install this DLC!

Just make sure to make a youtube video if you rage quit in the next patch ;)
    But yeah, vamps are so bad atm, it's just not worth it.
    Edited by cosmic_niklas_93b16_ESO on March 2, 2016 7:15PM
    R.I.P. Daranth Spellborn
    VR16 Dunmer Sorcerer
    March 2014 - May 2016
    He was a skilled Crafter and a reliable Sorcerer;
    Then came the Dark Brotherhood

Wrobel wrote: Surge is now more effective for tank characters.
    Because crit tanks are so good, LOL. xD
    Options
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The Elusive Mist has become pretty bad. Bat Swarm is fine although I can't see anyone using Clouding Swarm in this post-TG world. The drain skill is still really awful, I can't imagine ever using it. In most cases the only reason I use Vampire on a character is Dark Stalker, and I don't even want to do that, but there aren't really many options if you want to sneak rapidly.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
    Options
  • Radburn
    Radburn
    ✭✭✭
    The problem with Elusive Mist form is they have not been able to balance it so it's useful, but not over powered. Prior it was useful in open world pvp, but then Imperial City came along and it became apparent it was too strong in close quarters.

Now that most of us are back outside getting fresh air in Cyrodiil we're all very aware (especially Templars) how bad Elusive mist is. It will only get worse with Bombard spam, it will lock you in place with no mana regen, no healing and no way to respond.

The ability to snare + immobilize Mist form needs to go. Drop the damage reduction to 50% to compensate. With the 10% reduction in speed I think you will have a well balanced skill.

Options
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Radburn wrote: »
    The problem with Elusive Mist form is they have not been able to balance it so it's useful, but not over powered. Prior it was useful in open world pvp, but then Imperial City came along and it became apparent it was too strong in close quarters.

Now that most of us are back outside getting fresh air in Cyrodiil we're all very aware (especially Templars) how bad Elusive mist is. It will only get worse with Bombard spam, it will lock you in place with no mana regen, no healing and no way to respond.

The ability to snare + immobilize Mist form needs to go. Drop the damage reduction to 50% to compensate. With the 10% reduction in speed I think you will have a well balanced skill.

While I agree to what you say, I think that 75% dmg reduction is still fine, since you get no other source of healing and basically just make time to fight later. People know how to fight against vamps nowadays and elusive mist can be hit by single target abilities, I think 75% is a good value. WBs still hit for 3k damage in my mistform, and even if you dodge those with your speed, those nasty frags still hit you for the same abount while you only get some ground and lose magicka.
    Edited by Jeezye on March 2, 2016 11:49PM
    Options
  • Radburn
    Radburn
    ✭✭✭
    Jeezye wrote: »
    Radburn wrote: »

While I agree to what you say, I think that 75% dmg reduction is still fine, since you get no other source of healing and basically just make time to fight later. People know how to fight against vamps nowadays and elusive mist can be hit by single target abilities, I think 75% is a good value. WBs still hit for 3k damage in my mistform, and even if you dodge those with your speed, those nasty frags still hit you for the same abount while you only get some ground and lose magicka.

I hear you, sometimes the 75% damage reduction feels like a whole lot less judging how fast I die in mist form.
    Options
  • Bofrari
    Bofrari
    ✭✭✭
    Heck yeah I love free AP indeed good job
    Edited by Bofrari on March 3, 2016 3:17AM
    Options
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I feel that the major problem is that dawnbreaker is extremely cheap and hits extremely hard >.> even on nonvamps
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
    Options
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had it on my magica NB and magica temp.

Dropped it on both last week. Don't miss it at all on my temp.

I miss bats on my NB, but as good as bats is, it's not worth the stuff that comes with it.
    Options
  • RazielSR
    RazielSR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    I had it on my magica NB and magica temp.

Dropped it on both last week. Don't miss it at all on my temp.

I miss bats on my NB, but as good as bats is, it's not worth the stuff that comes with it.

Same here regarding my mag nb.
    Options
  • Cyrdemaceb17_ESO
    Cyrdemaceb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Sav72 wrote: »
    So, in RP reason, were Vamps so under powered?

Because Vamps are just not dead....yet.
    Options