The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How many actually have full VR 16 gear?

Mashille
Mashille
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
This is primarily aimed towards crafted gear but any VR 16 gear counts too I guess.

I ask this because I still use VR 14 crafted gear and am still working for mats. Dunno how many others are at a similar place to me or have the full gear they need.
Edited by Mashille on January 31, 2016 10:43PM
House Baratheon: 'Ours Is The Fury'

How many actually have full VR 16 gear? 482 votes

Full VR 16 Gear
71%
SigilspearMorbashSolarikenwayfarerxKallistaBlackheartKikazaruGilvothXeniphSlurgDeadlyRecluseCaligamy_ESOclayandaudrey_ESOeventide03b14a_ESOEthromelb14_ESOKilandrosForestd16b14_ESOkrees28b14_ESOsekou_trayvondMaserimyrrrorb14_ESO 346 votes
A Few Pieces
14%
GrunimCasdhaElloaSorianaNewBlacksmurfdjnapstyb14_ESOkendellking_chaosb14_ESOcavakthestampedeLisaFaulgorGigasaxIruil_ESOVriendaKranderHsand_manDidgerionb92303008rwb17_ESOdreamfareriqoologiceb17_ESOLumi 70 votes
Still Rocking the good ol' VR 14 Baby!
6%
IcyDeadPeopleFlorialTotalitarianvailjohn_ESOMojmirDrazekstevvvob16_ESOShadowHvoSigunodennissomb16_ESOChillicphreatophiletechnohicFrancescolgJa50nXFarorinBroonsbaneMashilleharrlockk616I55UE5 30 votes
Not even max level yet
7%
KoopaColoursYouHaveSunradaryl.rasmusenb14_ESOJimmy562Bam_Bamflguy147ub17_ESODaraughJoseDelgadoCub17_ESOleo8nardo8ThePaulrus94czarZorrashiSpacemonkeyp1nheadAoife32001TandorbjplagueJunkogenFalcon9142 36 votes
  • cavakthestampede
    cavakthestampede
    ✭✭✭
    A Few Pieces
    I made v15 gear pretty quick and easy to transition and to do some vWGT and vICP. vWGT is very doable, and while I personally do well in vICP I find often that tanks and dps struggle (I heal). My DPS is nowhere near what it needs to be for vICP though I think.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I barely have time to play and when I do, I usually go fishing or level up one of my lower level characters. There was no point in crafting v16 armor I wasn't going to use. I wear a v15 set (which isn't an option in the poll. Could you fix it?)
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Full VR 16 Gear
    I grind IC (or at least did) until v16 gear. I now have 5 different sets of v16 gear and way more in swords.

It's far more difficult to get dropped items, which im now trying to acquire.

A full set of v16 with traits in dropped gear is far more impressive to me.

Oh and my new IC scheme is really simple, as i no longer start with any TV stones, if you're strong enough, solo a world boss. They drop 1k tvs and takes not nearly as long. Nunatak is the most ideal one to kill.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Full VR 16 Gear
    my DPS gear is full v16 full gold.
    I used it previosly on my v16 nb, now on my new sorc.

My NB now wears either SPellpower cure, Martial knowledge (v14) again, or my v14 tank gear if i tank.

Didnt bother with new v16 gear yet, because i want to see what new sets come with TG first (and because i crafted 2x v16 silk robes for writs and lost 200 silks :()
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Full VR 16 Gear
    Took me a while (job etc :p ) but I made my second set for PvP: 5x Seducer & 4x Magnus

Not everything is gold quality tho, I'm too poor for that :p
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Full VR 16 Gear
    Full Legendary VR16 plus materials to make loads more.
    PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
  • Grunim
    Grunim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Few Pieces
    I have so many alts and with quarterly DLCs it would be bloody expensive to deck everyone out in up to date full VR16 gold gear.
    Am a whimsical Generation Jones gamer. Online RPGs hooked me since '94 and no sign of stopping soon...

• dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Full VR 16 Gear
    I wore my VR14 gear for what seemed like a long time, whilst working IC to get telvars to buy reporas & working Wrothgar for raw mats. I swapped a bunch of rubido leather for rubidite ingots with a friend & was also given a few hundred rubidite ingots by another friend & finally had enough for a full set of heavy armour, 2H sword, mace, shield & bow. I still have a couple of purple pieces but otherwise it is all improved to gold.
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Full VR 16 Gear
    2x DPS sets for magicka, all gold etc etc
    2x DPS sets for stamina, all gold etc et
    1x Tank set, all gold and Hakeijo enchanted

+ mats for many more sets ^^
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Full VR 16 Gear
    I make make gold quite easily and 1 piece of v16 gear will cost me about 20k with making it purple as well.

But to be honest i make characters far too quickly so after my initial gold v16 gear i decided to just stick with v15 armour and v16 gold weapons instead.

The difference between v15 and v16 armour is so small.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Full VR 16 Gear
    My nightblade has three different light-armor DPS sets that I switch around: Spell Power Cure (if the healer doesn't have it, or if I'm healing), Julianos, and Kagrenac (for PvP). And a heavy Kagrenac tank set. All gold (I splurged. :P).

My dragonknight has fewer items cluttering her bag: gold Julianos for DPS and purple Imperium for tanking.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Full VR 16 Gear
    The materials can be quite an investment. While many players have plenty, I can understand the difficulty for players without so many hours in the day.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Full VR 16 Gear
    Have full julianos, kagrenac, hunding rage, and TBS all gold with gold glyphs. Also have many partial sets like night mother, seducer, and ofc turogs pact, many v16 monster sets, and many more weapons (20+v16 gold). I use all that for my dk and nb, play them both mag and stam.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Full VR 16 Gear
    I've got 2 VR16 characters. The one that hit VR16 first has 3 sets of gold VR16 gear (one set for tanking, one for DPSing, and one for healing - although the DPS and healing sets use many of the same pieces). The one that hit VR16 more recently is still using 2 sets of VR14 gear. I've got enough mats that I could make him 1 set of VR16 gear, but I haven't decided yet exactly what I want his VR16 gear sets to look like (and he's going to have 2 sets: one for tanking, and one for DPSing with off-heals).
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Few Pieces
    I crafted all VR15 sets at the beginning and slowly replace them with VR16 items when I have enough mats for a piece.
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've got full VR15 gear. I don't know if it's worth crafting VR16 stuff with Veteran Ranks being removed?
  • Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Full VR 16 Gear
    Fully geared on Sulac, waiting for Update drop to gear Ffastyl. Arturus has a ways to go before cap.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ffastyl - Level 50 Templar
    Arturus Amitis - Level 50 Nightblade
    Sulac the Wanderer - Level 50 Dragonknight
    Arcturus Leland - Level 50 Sorcerer
    Azrog rus-Oliphet - Level 50 Templar
    Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Ashen Willow Knight - Level 50 Templar
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:
    Old vs New Intro Cinematics

"My strength is that I have no weaknesses. My weakness is that I have no strengths."
    Member since May 4th, 2014.
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Few Pieces
    Using VR 14 Crafted gear with a few rings/weapons from imperial city.

Hoping those new sets coming in thieves guild are VR16, I'll farm the delves and world bosses all day to get a full set if they are.
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Full VR 16 Gear
    Most of my alts are not VR16 yet, but I have their VR16 sets ready so that still counts, right?

(my main is VR16 and fully geared)
    Edited by Abeille on January 31, 2016 11:22PM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Julianos
    Julianos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Full VR 16 Gear
    Just make v15 armors purple/gold and v16 gold weapons you will be fine between v15 and 16 armors there is a very small diffrence.
  • Oh_Skrivva
    Oh_Skrivva
    ✭✭✭
    Full VR 16 Gear
    6 v16 toons with full gold v16 gear on all
    Costco member

Message brought to you by Cat Queefs Emporium
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Full VR 16 Gear
    Yep, I have the best armor for me thanks to my wonderful PVP guild.
  • Refuse2GrowUp
    Refuse2GrowUp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Full VR 16 Gear
    Full v16 on five of my toons (all that are v16)...with a couple of them having multiple sets for different roles or pvp/pve
    PS4 NA Server

CP160 DK Firemage
    CP160 StamSorc
    CP160 Templar Healer
    CP160 Stam NB
    CP160 Magica Sorc
    Cp160 Stamplar
    CP160 Magicka NB
    CP160 DK Tank
    CP160 Stam DK
    CP160 Mag Templar
    CP160 Blazing Shield Templar

EP Loyalist
  • schwarzman1
    schwarzman1
    ✭✭✭
    Full VR 16 Gear
    I just recently crafted my first full Legendary V16 Julianos & torugs set.
    PS4 NA AD
    PSN: schwarzman1
  • Chadwikid
    Chadwikid
    ✭✭✭
    I have 4 sets
  • nans_biscuits
    nans_biscuits
    ✭✭
    Still Rocking the good ol' VR 14 Baby!
    Im poor as *** and cbf grinding. Still wrecking scrub blades with my 1700 spell damage and regen though #flamelash
  • OldManJim
    OldManJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Full VR 16 Gear
    I have a full set of v16 Twice-Born Star / Morkuldin heavy glass gear.

Just need 1 more gold temper to have everything gold.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Shardaxx
    Shardaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Few Pieces
    Done my weapons need more leather before I can make armour.
    PS4 - Europe - Shardaxx - Wood Elf Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Full VR 16 Gear
    I've had three V16 sets so far for one character. I'm half tempted to grind out some materials to remake what I'm using because I'm not a terribly big fan of this mercenary style. Looked cool in theory, just doesn't look great with the mixed khajiit style I put with it. /fashionista
  • NateAssassin
    NateAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Full VR 16 Gear
    Full legendary vr16 gear, staff, and dw, and Willpower jewlery
    AD | Malaya the Mystic ─ VR16 Khajiit Sorc | Shal'ina the Swift ─ VR16 Khajiit NB | Jòhn Cena ─ VR1 Khajiit NB | Priestess Shaari ─ VR1 Temp