The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ATTN: ZOS ~~Mega Post of Issues with the Game and its Current Problems with Balance!!!

• MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Flawless dawnbreaker is what I meant and yes it is always better than leap. Leap is only better when fighting more than 1 opponet when you can animation cancel into a flawless breaker that's what you call a finisher.

That DK in the video was using macros lol or maybe it was so blurry that I'm seeing things but it most certainty looked like a macro to me.

You should read the patch notes or the bug thread that Xantria put together as theirs a bug with DKs where heroic slash's ulti gain doesn't sit well with DKs passive that generates ultimate. Either one procs or the other not both.

You can keep thinking that stam DKs are #1 of the food chain and rule the dueling scene by all means go ahead but please remember that's because we either utilize a 1h/shield using reverb ransack/bash combo (Most powerful melee move set so far IMO) or we use wrecking blow and chain abilities in. Each and every class has access to this the passives aren't such a game changer other than battle roar because that does help even though that was nerf'd before.

Yes you did emphatize saying that DKs had this ability and this ability which were all skills that any character who had the level requirement would have had access to it. First it was wrecking blow, now it's heroic slash.

I feel that you are completely re-working your position as before you did cry oh DK with this is powerful and the best #1 dueling build because of this ability and that ability and this passive. Each and every class has good passives but all classes aside from DKs have decent class skills when it comes to PvP. The only decent moves in PvP would be a magicka DKs whip and fossilize, everything else is completely a waste thanks to being a DoT damage dealing class.

So again any class can be just as powerful when played correctly, stop stating that DKs are some godly power as you did in your previous posts. We get some good passives that revolve around ultimate regen which we have to keep making sure every some odd seconds we use an earthen heart ability to achieve (sorry not going to keep spamming earthen heart abilities draining my limited magicka in order to gain ultimate a little bit better when I can just kill said player(s)).

Oh and yes if you watched that video that axe blood sure does because he spammed abilities knowing that when he does it, it's a 100% proc for bleed to occur. By the way he wasn't using heroic slash he used deep slash lol mate you need to watch the video again. When bleed hits over 1.6k back to back because he's spamming abilities.. man can't believe you even tried to dismiss that lol..

Oh and towards the end of the video he pulled agro and the adds helped him finish them all off lol.
    Edited by MaxwellC on January 18, 2016 11:45PM
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flawless dawnbreaker is what I meant and yes it is always better than leap. Leap is only better when fighting more than 1 opponet when you can animation cancel into a flawless breaker that's what you call a finisher.

That DK in the video was using macros lol or maybe it was so blurry that I'm seeing things but it most certainty looked like a macro to me.

You should read the patch notes or the bug thread that Xantria put together as theirs a bug with DKs where heroic slash's ulti gain doesn't sit well with DKs passive that generates ultimate. Either one procs or the other not both.

You can keep thinking that stam DKs are #1 of the food chain and rule the dueling scene by all means go ahead but please remember that's because we either utilize a 1h/shield using reverb ransack/bash combo (Most powerful melee move set so far IMO) or we use wrecking blow and chain abilities in. Each and every class has access to this the passives aren't such a game changer other than battle roar because that does help even though that was nerf'd before.

Yes you did emphatize saying that DKs had this ability and this ability which were all skills that any character who had the level requirement would have had access to it. First it was wrecking blow, now it's heroic slash.

I feel that you are completely re-working your position as before you did cry oh DK with this is powerful and the best #1 dueling build because of this ability and that ability and this passive. Each and every class has good passives but all classes aside from DKs have decent class skills when it comes to PvP. The only decent moves in PvP would be a magicka DKs whip and fossilize, everything else is completely a waste thanks to being a DoT damage dealing class.

So again any class can be just as powerful when played correctly, stop stating that DKs are some godly power as you did in your previous posts. We get some good passives that revolve around ultimate regen which we have to keep making sure every some odd seconds we use an earthen heart ability to achieve (sorry not going to keep spamming earthen heart abilities draining my limited magicka in order to gain ultimate a little bit better when I can just kill said player(s)).

Oh and yes if you watched that video that axe blood sure does because he spammed abilities knowing that when he does it, it's a 100% proc for bleed to occur. By the way he wasn't using heroic slash he used deep slash lol mate you need to watch the video again. When bleed hits over 1.6k back to back because he's spamming abilities.. man can't believe you even tried to dismiss that lol..

Disagree on the ulti, I think any top PvP Stam DK would prefer Leap over Dawnbreaker, but it's not that important.

Please tell me how you identify a player using macroes? What is it that he does that tells you he is using macroes? And what kinds of macro? And what is their purpose? Being in a top raiding guild we get accused of this daily aswell, when in truth noone is using it and I don't see how it would be beneficial?

I was not aware that there was a bug with Heroic Slash, I am aware with Xanti's bug thread though. He's a member of my guild and I spent all weekend farming scamps with him, he knows about this dicussion but he never mentioned that bug though, but you're most certainly telling the truth I do not doubt that. But again it isn't that important.

I know that Stam DKs are rueling the dueling scene but you cannot argue it is because you are using skills that are outside your class tree, everyone can use those. It is because the most powerful skills that you can get outside class trees synergize super well with what the DK as a class has to offer atm. It is those two working together to create the best dueling build. If you don't think the DK passives are helping you I am not sure what to say.

All I said was that DKs had to resort to damage abilities outside their class tree because they lacked one, but in turn they have many other things working for them, where some classes has to resort to utility outside class trees, like Templars. All I said was that just because DKs need to reach outside their class trees it is not an argument that they are bad, one class can't have it all, unless you play a NB. :D

I never cried, I made sound arguments and wrote long posts about my opinion and got people to chime in who also know what they are talking about. Please don't insult me by saying I was crying, that is condescending, I am not talking down to you either, or atleast doing my very best not to, eventhough I know you're wrong. You're still entitled to your opinion.

You cannot say that each class has decent "moves" in PvP aside from DKs, that is just plain wrong.

I never stated DKs were godly, you are putting words in my mouth, I merely said that DKs are performing better in every role in the game except healing when compared to Templars. That says more about the position Templars are in than DKs.

Yes he is spamming abilities, never said he didn't? Ofcourse he did, he is running a high regen build allowing him to do it. Not sure what your point is? Yes the bleed is doing a lot of damage but that is not what is allowing him to kill them, they have a Templar healer who is easily outhealing that. It is because he using his Reflective Scales so the archers are *** themselves and every meteor is shot back in their face, followed up by a Dragon Leap which he regens for super fast which kills people faster than they can be healed. Sure they are not the brightest bunch getting killed to reflects and sure a Templar also has a working reflect in the 1hs tree, but that is only one effect per activation and only works on magic abilities, not bow abilities. Good job timing that well.

But we can go on arguing these specific skills all day, if you really think Stamplars are better than Stam DKs atm (which was what originally spurred this discussion) then go ahead and think that. I have said my part and I have gotten people in here and aknowledged that notion aswell

I can't convince you, whether that is because you insist on being right or my argumentation is lacking doesn't really matter by now.

Hope you have fun in Tamriel and enjoy your Stamina DK eventhough you feel like it is the weakest build in the game for PvP.
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mate please elaborate on how all weapon abilities like wrecking blow and reverb combo move set synergizes so well with DKs. Pretty much you're saying that any weapon ability that does great damage and is easy to use synergizes with DK because of it's simplicity which is an opinion and not a fact.

My point here I don't care if stamplars is weaker or DKs is weaker but in terms of class ability for stamina DK IS WEAKER. Unstable flames and burning breath does nothing when it comes to damage. In that video that DK used burning breath because it'll hit multiple targets thus procing his 100% bleed (re-watch the video) and to elaborate why I think he's macroing is because of the fact when I see him hitting 2 abilities into a bash within 2 seconds one can only think "That looks like a macro" oh and if you watched the video you'd see him use those 2 abilities (deep slash to proc bleed again on multiple people thanks to his 2H) he'd use another ability followed with a bash into light attack; I for one am not sure anyone can pull that all off consistently. Macros aren't a bad thing heck my laptop has a built in macro pad on the far left of the keyboard lol but I play on console.

He's using reflective scale because why not? If you watched the video just like you stated they were complete fools and a couple of them were new to PvP (based on PvP rank though they could be a 2nd account). They could've switched to an ultimate like atro,dawn,swarm,leap,nova,etc but chose not to instead they spammed comets even though he was a DK using reflect.

Leap yet again isn't the best ability unless you are hitting multiple people. Flaw breaker will always trump in terms of bursting an enemy down because you really can't see it coming if you animation cancel it. Leaping against one particular enemy isn't the best thing unless they are cc'd for your CP ability to proc. Not sure I mentioned this but Leap is historically bugged I mean this ability isn't reliable to use to begin with when all you see is wings go up and your ulti wasted lol, now that pisses me off big time.

I will give you this templars in general when it comes to DPS their ultimates are pretty awful, ZoS made it were you practically can't rely on your ultimate for damage in PvP. Templars also have a lot of issues with their charge ability not registering like it should and jabs not registering 100% like it should.

I'll close with NBs n Mag Sorc still reign top IMO in PvP
    Edited by MaxwellC on January 19, 2016 1:23AM
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zinaroth wrote: »

Please tell me how you identify a player using macroes? What is it that he does that tells you he is using macroes? And what kinds of macro? And what is their purpose? Being in a top raiding guild we get accused of this daily aswell, when in truth noone is using it and I don't see how it would be beneficial?

If you don't see any animations and it's all instant spam of attacks... it's macros.

Thing is, even if it's totally obvious... ZOS won't do squat about it and the mechanically aided instant toughguy will respond to anything you say with insults and/or "lol I'm streaming and everyone knows you're bad" or some other bs.

The crux of the problem with regards to it (at least on NA servers) is obviously a certain cross faction guild that these things are coming from, and from there they spread. The furthermore on it is that ZOS does nothing about it, even though they have time and time again said macroing is illegal.

A little hint though.. the "I'm trying to make a living on twitch" types (lol at that notion) are mostly all macro abusing cheats. Will any of them ever admit to it (or the host of other exploits they abuse), well no... never going to happen. All you ever get from them is some "salt" related comment (so original! great dwellers of mom and dad's basement) or the "I'm streaming" shaming attempt (yes 8-10 12 year olds constitutes as "everyone" to a twitcher).

Unfortunately the host of cheats always have the fact that everything a macro does can be done manually and some sort of "skill" argument. Reality is that there is no way they are able to so seamlessly animation cancel with the sheer tedium of doing it.

As for your "no one is using it", lmao wake up. If you really think anyone is dedicated enough to maintain the ridiculous animation cancelling "weave" though boss fights like you have to as a raider.... well, lol. It's actually a ridiculous mechanical repetitiveness that's so bad and so carpal that you would have to be somewhat insane to even try to do it when you can easily make a macro to do it for you.

It's really on ZOS though, and like ZOS it's just another dropped ball. Of course it's been balls being dropped for 1.5 years. It's like they all watch the Philadelphia Eagles and think that's how you do things. Problem being the only thing that accomplished was getting a coach fired, haha.
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    on the subject of macros i tried one out to see what it was and see how it works and such
    lag made it impossible to even do, didn't even work
    i highly doubt people use macros in cyrodill and that they even work half the time
    Edited by Nifty2g on January 19, 2016 3:31AM
    #MOREORBS
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zinaroth wrote: »

If you don't see any animations and it's all instant spam of attacks... it's macros.

Thing is, even if it's totally obvious... ZOS won't do squat about it and the mechanically aided instant toughguy will respond to anything you say with insults and/or "lol I'm streaming and everyone knows you're bad" or some other bs.

The crux of the problem with regards to it (at least on NA servers) is obviously a certain cross faction guild that these things are coming from, and from there they spread. The furthermore on it is that ZOS does nothing about it, even though they have time and time again said macroing is illegal.

A little hint though.. the "I'm trying to make a living on twitch" types (lol at that notion) are mostly all macro abusing cheats. Will any of them ever admit to it (or the host of other exploits they abuse), well no... never going to happen. All you ever get from them is some "salt" related comment (so original! great dwellers of mom and dad's basement) or the "I'm streaming" shaming attempt (yes 8-10 12 year olds constitutes as "everyone" to a twitcher).

Unfortunately the host of cheats always have the fact that everything a macro does can be done manually and some sort of "skill" argument. Reality is that there is no way they are able to so seamlessly animation cancel with the sheer tedium of doing it.

As for your "no one is using it", lmao wake up. If you really think anyone is dedicated enough to maintain the ridiculous animation cancelling "weave" though boss fights like you have to as a raider.... well, lol. It's actually a ridiculous mechanical repetitiveness that's so bad and so carpal that you would have to be somewhat insane to even try to do it when you can easily make a macro to do it for you.

It's really on ZOS though, and like ZOS it's just another dropped ball. Of course it's been balls being dropped for 1.5 years. It's like they all watch the Philadelphia Eagles and think that's how you do things. Problem being the only thing that accomplished was getting a coach fired, haha.

We share everything in my raiding guild if it makes us able to get better times (we currently hold all top times on EU). That is everything from build advice, knowledge on mechanics to bugs that can be exploited. Earlier today I was shared an exploit that allows you to infinitely dodge roll. We've submitted a bug ticket about it but I won't share it here. If anyone in my guild was using any kind of macro to enhance their performance during raids, they would have shared it, so we could all benefit from it. I am not saying that noone has tried, because believe me, every top tier gamer has tried making macroes that help you in certain things, but to this day, we haven't found that we could enhance over performance through the use of any macro knowns to us or we could come up with. Yes animation cancelling is tedious, and you end up breaking your mouse, but it is not hard. In the beginning it is a learning curve, but with everything in gaming, in the end it just becomes muscle memory. I as a Templar have it even easier since my main damage skills is a channel and not an instant cast. But animation cancelling isn't hard, and using a skill into a light attack into a bash is some of the easiest *** to pull off even with high latency if you know how to get the timing correct. A macro doesn't consider latency or any other factors. It will just fire its sequence off and continue until it is finished, leaving your character unable to do any other action. This is not advantageous in PvP nor PvE. In regards to all the hate on streaming you managed to switch in between, I only have three letters for you; LOL.