The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Upcoming siege changes in next major update

• mike.eso
    mike.eso
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm all for this change, or at least seeing how it tests on PTS. PVP needs something to spice it up, maybe this will help.
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galalin wrote: »
    Just one question..... When the hell are you guys gonna start listening to the player base on what they want? nobody asked for this!!!! you have countless threads on what will help the PvP in this game and yet you (meaning ZoS) ask us for feedback then come back with some garbage that nobody has asked for?????

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PPL? can you not concede the fact that the player base may know what they want? or can you not handle the fact that someone else came up with an idea better than your own?

Why even ask us anymore just finish ruining your game... after all its not I who will be unemployed with a reputation that will follow me around the rest of my career.

Did you ever stop to think a million heads are smarter than the couple you have there at Zeni?

DK SCRUB OUT

Some people asked for siege buff in case you didn't know...
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • vortexman11
    vortexman11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bowmanz607 wrote: »
    Sanct16 wrote: »
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler
    Why do you hate small groups so much? This will make it even harder for groups that arent 24 man raids. You should promote smaller groups, not destroy them.

i keep seeing this. please explain how this hurts small groups? This is a tool for small groups to use to break up the larger groups and spread them out. it also allows small groups to defend a keep against ball groups. How does this hurt small groups?

I keep seeing you post this, but whenever I see you in Cyrodiil you're with DiG surrounded by 30 other people sieging down groups you already outnumber.
    Guild of Shadows ~Elite~
    Învictus ~Council~

EP | Vortexman | Dunmer DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 50 | Former Emperor of Haderus & Chillrend |
    EP | Phobos | Altmer Nightblade | LvL 50 | Rank 26 |
    EP | Cheezus Sliced | Argonian Templar | LvL 50 | Rank 30 |
    EP | Eterno Tempesta | Altmer Sorcerer | LvL 50 | Rank 33 |
    DC | Vortexman | Dunmer DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 12 |
    DC | Divine Storm | Altmer Sorcerer | LvL 50 | Rank 04 |
    EP | Pocket Vortex | Bosmer Templar | LvL 50 | Rank 24 |
    EP | Vortexman | Redguard DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 28 |
    EP | Fungal Growth | Argonian Warden | LvL 50 | Rank 26 |
    EP | Eternal Guardian | Bosmer Warden | LvL 50 | Rank 13 |
    and a few other random toons

Teaching by example > https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5479085#Comment_5479085
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morostyle wrote: »
    WTF IS THIS ***? HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH
    THIS IS RIP

So now a zerg can wipe anyone with 1 meatbag?
    How u gonna defend a keep 10 man vs 30+?

only way I see this work is a group kiting a zerg in open world and use meatbag to initate - but good luck with the lag

[REMOVE AOE CAP WITH THIS AND IM GLAD] IF NOT - Q_Q

This makes no sense. A zerg just runs in a keep in a ball. Siege is not effective right now. They dont need to drop a meatbag o kill anyone THEY ARE ZERGING!. Moreover, when a zerg is taking a keep they are not using siege to charge up the stairs and all that. The defending team is the one using the siege and have their seige defense set up inside the keep. This gives tools to the smaller groups to actually kill the zergs as they try pushing up the stairs. as it stands, this is not possible. This forces groups to split up because they actually have a penalty for being hit with siege.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talcyndl wrote: »
    Zerg is such a meaningless word - or at least one with too many meanings such that it makes the discussion unclear.
    Yeah the other day I was in a 6 player group that was called a "zerg". So basically it's gone from 2-3 raids (raid=24 players) or more being a "zerg" to a single raid being a "zerg" to half a raid and now a quarter of a raid.

Edited by tinythinker on November 30, 2015 4:49PM
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Love Wizard
    Love Wizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    However Zenimax, if this is your way of preventing your players leaving this game for other MMO's, then keep it up, you're doing a fantastic job.
    @IWM - EU - Member of Hodor
    Mashinate - Highelf Nightblade (Inactive)
    Love Wizard - Dunmer Dragonknight (Inactive)
    Godblade - Highelf Nightblade (Active)
    Mashixo - Dunmer Sorcerer (Inactive)
    Hjelmi's Sister - Dunmer Nightblade (Inactive)
    Mashiex - Orc Nightblade (Active)
    Beaminate - Dunmer Templar (Inactive)
    Kittynate - Khajiit Nightblade (Inactive)
    Godmancer - Orc Necromancer (Active)

Server: EU || Guilds: Hodor & Banana Squad || Previously Zerg Squad || Nightblade Lover

Scores: vMoL - 170840 | vSO - 177392 | vHRC - 159696 | vHoF - 221111| vAS - 115810| vCR - 132661 | vBP - 101083 | vSS - 247438

Achievements: Tick Tock Tormentor x3 - Immortal Redeemer x6 - Gryphon Heart x5 - The Unchained x1 - Godslayer x1

Worlds First Vet Maw of Lorkhaj Clear (Hodor! & Hodor!)
    Worlds First Vet Halls of Fabrication HM Clear - Worlds First vHoF Speedrun(Hodor!)
    World Record for All Trials Pre Thieves Guild Patch (Hodor!)
    Worlds First Tick Tock & Disassembly General (No death speedrun HM vHoF)
    Worlds First vAS Hardmode
    Worlds First Cloudrest clear, and hardmode
    Worlds First Cloudrest HM Nodeathspeedrun (Gryphon Heart)
    Worlds First Blackrose Prison clear
    Worlds First "The Unchained" title (vBP speedrun, nodeath, no sigils)
    World Record for all the Trials (Murkmire)
    Worlds First Godslayer
  • Jhunn
    Jhunn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep seeing you post this, but whenever I see you in Cyrodiil you're with DiG surrounded by 30 other people sieging down groups you already outnumber.
    Haha. Says all about this change really.
    Gave up.
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "All side effects from siege weapons (snare, healing taken reduction, siege damage increase taken) are no longer purgable."

This is NOT the way to go at all... compare a group of 12 and a group of 24, guess three times which group gets affected the most from healing reduction.

WHY DO YOU LOVE NUMBERS SO MUCH, WHY!?

one we dont know what other balances are coming that will compliment these change.
    Second, even on its own, this change gives tools to smaller groups to fight those larger groups. also, instead of one blob fighting another blob on one pin for 20 min while the server lags out will no longer be the most effective way to fight. No the side defending the resource or keep will have the advantage of seige be it 6 v 24 or 24 v 60 or even 40 v 40 etc. Moreover, this will change the strategy used by the groups on the offensive because it will no longer be advisable to just stick on crown and move in would big blob. Although not gone completely it will be minimized.

Wrong, the larger group is always the one that can spare people to place sieges, a smaller one can NOT!

Zerger arguing for the small group. This is rich. :D
    Edited by TheBull on November 30, 2015 4:51PM
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just one question..... When the hell are you guys gonna start listening to the player base on what they want? nobody asked for this!!!! you have countless threads on what will help the PvP in this game and yet you (meaning ZoS) ask us for feedback then come back with some garbage that nobody has asked for?????

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PPL? can you not concede the fact that the player base may know what they want? or can you not handle the fact that someone else came up with an idea better than your own?

Why even ask us anymore just finish ruining your game... after all its not I who will be unemployed with a reputation that will follow me around the rest of my career.

Did you ever stop to think a million heads are smarter than the couple you have there at Zeni?

DK SCRUB OUT

A lot of people have asked for siege to be made effective against purge spamming Blobs.
    Tal'gro Bol
    PvP Vice Officer [Retired] and Huscarl of Vokundein
    http://www.legend-gaming.net/vokundein/
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Okay someone explain to me how non purgable meat bags favors numbers? Often I have found myself dending keeps against a larger seige group and watching as they shrug off my counter siege. I've also been on the reverse, droping purifying ritual and a breath between reloads. As a defender, with less room to place seige, this is better. (And before anyone says it, it is a bit easier to hit players on the ground below than up on the wall.) A small group could also decimate a zergball rushing through a breach with this change.

I guess a large number of spread out players could slaughter a group of players stacked in a train spamming AoE. But that would require smarter play on the former's part, so I don't have an issue with that.

For a 3-5 player gank group vs. a dozen or fewer, the seige is too slow to be an issue.

Bottom line, this doesn't hurt small groups, it hurts the balls.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm gob smacked! Why are you wasting time and money on this? We're asking for fixes on PvP (players vs players, class balance, the AoE caps, zerging). Not the stuff that knocks walls down, they already do a really, really good job at that.

this helps with zerging. it forces them to split up cause seige actually gives them a penalty. ALso, we know there are some other bug changes occuring for balance so calm down and wait to see what they are. Brian just gave us a tiny little taste.
  • themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler
    Why do you hate small groups so much? This will make it even harder for groups that arent 24 man raids. You should promote smaller groups, not destroy them.

i keep seeing this. please explain how this hurts small groups? This is a tool for small groups to use to break up the larger groups and spread them out. it also allows small groups to defend a keep against ball groups. How does this hurt small groups?

Yeah, in what possible instance do the small group of arround 10 - 12 people compared to a large zerg of 24+ spread all over the keep, pleaceing sieges on the postern doors, oils above the flags and over the meatbags.. They DONT, they cannot spare the numbers for this.
    :]
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrong, the larger group is always the one that can spare people to place sieges, a smaller one can NOT!

Blob groups don't use siege against other players. If a few of them do, they at least become vulnerable because they are no longer in the healing springs/purge bubble of Prox Tornado.
    Tal'gro Bol
    PvP Vice Officer [Retired] and Huscarl of Vokundein
    http://www.legend-gaming.net/vokundein/
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm honestly just glad there is a thread about what the devs are planning, posted before the changes are impliment, with responses that aren't delayed by weeks. This is the kind of thing I was hoping Wrobel was going to make, and it will be nice for the lone individual with a good shot to hit a zerg's blind side, but again more numbers = more siege. Brian, I would love to see PTS used for more than just major patch testing a month in advance of those patches, if possible could these kind of changes be put there as soon as possible so major changes and feedback can happen?

Also @Galalin, people have been saying for a while how siege is lacking, these changes would fix that.
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

@bowmanz607
    Obviously the larger groups will use siege aswell. And because they are way more they will be able to place way more sieges.

Compare a 12 man group to a 24 man group. Who will be affected more by this change? The solution to this change will be to bring even more people to a fight.
    - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler

We'll have to wait and see. But potentially this can hurt the small group defenders as well. They are just as susceptible to siege effects as the larger attacking force.
  • sirinsidiator
    sirinsidiator
    ✭✭✭✭
    One question. How do these new changes interact with Siege Bubbles? Will the debuffs just work through them, be weaker or do not apply at all?
    https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/ - My Addons - The Vault (Early updates and experimental projects) - My patreon - My blog
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What if unpurgeable buff would be applied ONLY if the number of targets hit is superior to a specific number (12 ? 15 ? 20?) ?
    Edited by Sotha_Sil on November 30, 2015 4:58PM
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheBull wrote: »
    "All side effects from siege weapons (snare, healing taken reduction, siege damage increase taken) are no longer purgable."

This is NOT the way to go at all... compare a group of 12 and a group of 24, guess three times which group gets affected the most from healing reduction.

one we dont know what other balances are coming that will compliment these change.
    Second, even on its own, this change gives tools to smaller groups to fight those larger groups. also, instead of one blob fighting another blob on one pin for 20 min while the server lags out will no longer be the most effective way to fight. No the side defending the resource or keep will have the advantage of seige be it 6 v 24 or 24 v 60 or even 40 v 40 etc. Moreover, this will change the strategy used by the groups on the offensive because it will no longer be advisable to just stick on crown and move in would big blob. Although not gone completely it will be minimized.

Zerger arguing for the small group. This is rich. :D

No idea who you are for starters, but judgeing by your forum post you have absolutely no clue about what you are talking about or you didnt play the game before 1.6.
  • Morostyle
    Morostyle
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morostyle wrote: »
    WTF IS THIS ***? HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH
    THIS IS RIP

So now a zerg can wipe anyone with 1 meatbag?
    How u gonna defend a keep 10 man vs 30+?

only way I see this work is a group kiting a zerg in open world and use meatbag to initate - but good luck with the lag

[REMOVE AOE CAP WITH THIS AND IM GLAD] IF NOT - Q_Q

This makes no sense. A zerg just runs in a keep in a ball. Siege is not effective right now. They dont need to drop a meatbag o kill anyone THEY ARE ZERGING!. Moreover, when a zerg is taking a keep they are not using siege to charge up the stairs and all that. The defending team is the one using the siege and have their seige defense set up inside the keep. This gives tools to the smaller groups to actually kill the zergs as they try pushing up the stairs. as it stands, this is not possible. This forces groups to split up because they actually have a penalty for being hit with siege.

From my experience - those zergs we fight pop firebalista and meatbags @ the upper flag from breach.. which means, we cant push that flag since 30 stack + siege? which leaves us with the main gate flag, followed up by enemies runing upstairs and oiling? eeeh.. and they might just add a meatbag on the upper flag, shooting maingate flag, since they have the flag covered by 3-4 sieges from breachside + postern?
  • RoamingRiverElk
    RoamingRiverElk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imagine four people trying to defend a resource against twelve. The NPCs are sniped, and the 12 can easily have three people using two siege each on opposing sides of the resource onto the flag. And now healing debuff is unpurgeable on top of that?

These changes keep coming in, and small group play is more and more about being a sorc or nb. Well, stamina dk can use retreating maneuver, but that's hardly fighting. That's more like... running away from fights.

Dalris Aalr - Magicka (Stamina) DK | Dalfish - Magicka Sorc | Dal Aalr - Magicka Warden | Dalrish - Mag/Stam NB | Irana Aalr - PvE Templar
  • Morostyle
    Morostyle
    ✭✭✭✭

Blob groups don't use siege against other players. If a few of them do, they at least become vulnerable because they are no longer in the healing springs/purge bubble of Prox Tornado.

Blob groups ALWAYS use sieges vs us, A-L-W-A-Y-S +3-6 sieges vs 10 man group
  • AllPlayAndNoWork
    AllPlayAndNoWork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey gang!

In the next major update we'll be adjusting damage and other effects from siege weapons. This will go in conjunction with other changes regarding repair kits and keep upgrades, but the changes noted here are specific to players effects (damage, snares, dots, etc.).

These changes are currently being tested internally and may change before they go to PTS/Live:
      [*] Oil Catapults will now also have a "Stamina damage" value added, which takes away roughly 5000 Stamina from enemy targets.
      [*] Lightning Ballista will now also have a "Magicka Damage" value added, which takes away roughly 5000 Magicka from enemy targets.
      [*] Ballista now turn faster and have their "scatter" variable removed, making them 100% accurate to your aimed location.
      [*] Scattershot now adds 20% damage taken from other siege weapons instead of 10%

That should do it. No need to go further than that.
    • themdogesbite
      themdogesbite
      ✭✭✭✭✭

On EU theres a siege up in 99% of all fights between groups.
      Edited by themdogesbite on November 30, 2015 4:59PM
    • bowmanz607
      bowmanz607
      ✭✭✭✭✭

sorry but even in a small group you need to drop seige to fight a larger one. You really tell me that if your a group of 8 fighting a group of 24 you dont drop even one siege? you should work on that it will really help. Also, think about when seige is actually used. It is used primarily for keeps and resources. When a large group charges a keep they are you know charging the keep and no longer outside on siege. It is the group defending that has the siege and typically the group defending is the small group. WHen do you really ever see a large group in open feild combat really using siege? only on rare occasions and usually when it is blob v blob not 24 v 8.
    • themdogesbite
      themdogesbite
      ✭✭✭✭✭

sorry but even in a small group you need to drop seige to fight a larger one. You really tell me that if your a group of 8 fighting a group of 24 you dont drop even one siege? you should work on that it will really help. Also, think about when seige is actually used. It is used primarily for keeps and resources. When a large group charges a keep they are you know charging the keep and no longer outside on siege. It is the group defending that has the siege and typically the group defending is the small group. WHen do you really ever see a large group in open feild combat really using siege? only on rare occasions and usually when it is blob v blob not 24 v 8.

Sometimes we can pop up a siege for one shot if theres enough time, but honestly in most scenarios its just not fesable or possible.

And yes, it is VERY common that people place a buttload of siege against my group, no matter the size.
      Edited by themdogesbite on November 30, 2015 5:02PM
    • bowmanz607
      bowmanz607
      ✭✭✭✭✭

DK SCRUB OUT

clam down. we know next patch will come with a bunch of balances. Brian was kind enough to share a taste of that with us. hold your griefing about balance until we see what other changes they implement.
    • WebBull
      WebBull
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Yeah, in what possible instance do the small group of arround 10 - 12 people compared to a large zerg of 24+ spread all over the keep, pleaceing sieges on the postern doors, oils above the flags and over the meatbags.. They DONT, they cannot spare the numbers for this.

I can think of quite a few. The main one being after the wall is down and the zerg is rushing in the breach. The zerg isn't sieging at that point so these changes definitely help the smaller defending group.
    • kkravaritieb17_ESO
      kkravaritieb17_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭
      These changes make ansolutely 0 sense... i could understand buffing the siege damage 10-20% but making meatbags unpurgable is well beyond idiotic. I honestly want to know who makes up these decisions when there's so many suggestions from the PvP players base on how to counter the zergs and all manner of ball groups. If you think that small groups get buffed by this its pretty much obvious you have no clue what you re talking about because you either never played in an organised small group or you re just a casual running with the pug zerg. These changes will pretty much kill small and medium scale pvp and make sieging keeps a nightmare since we are already struggling fighting superior numbers.
      Member of the glorious Zerg Squad
      Rip Banana Squad

Lheneth -- Sorc PvP Rank 31
      Ellynna -- Templar PvP Rank 50 (No Bleaker's roleplaying involved)
      Smellynna -- Templar PvP Rank 28
      and many other chars

• Galalin
      Galalin
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Sotha_Sil wrote: »

DK SCRUB OUT

Some people asked for siege buff in case you didn't know...

DK SCRUB OUT

A lot of people have asked for siege to be made effective against purge spamming Blobs.

This is not effective.... THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!!

how much more can they dumb down a game? we are gonna have countless alts battle lvl'ed for the stat increases and heath running siege everywhere.

What the hell becomes the point of gear and lvling? it will make no difference how good your char/build/gear is when a lvl 10 battle lvl'ed char earns enough AP to buy siege.

I mean whats the point of char progression? whats next gear that enhances siege damage? like wtf?

They may aswell put in siege vehicles and call it battlefield

DK SCRUB OUT