The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can we talk about PVP rewards?

• Sublime
    Sublime
    ✭✭✭✭
    While I do agree that DPS sets are currently at the top of the foodchain, it has to be considered that it's all a matterof power. Imagine a 5pc bonus giving 20k armor and spell resistance (way too op onviously), but I guess that it's quite certain that everybody would use it (as long as the other perks are usedul). Meaning, new defensive/utility sets certainly make sense as long as their power can compete with their DPS counterparts.
    Options
  • Zander98
    Zander98
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with the above that there are so many good sets that give interesting diversity that could just be leveled up. From Fjord to Akatosh to Shadow Dancer...
    The main thing is more sets that provide equitable bonuses but aren't just pushing up the spell/weapon damage meta.
    Maybe some class specifics like an increase to the amount of stamina Helping Hands returns to 10%? That would give magica DK's a way to be able to block enough to survive while tanking.
    Or increase nb syphon abilities by a balanced but effective %?
    Anything with speed or mitigation is good. 5 piece utility bonuses that can be felt out in cyro.
    There are a lot of ways to get major buffs via skills and class abilities, it's not as easy to get many of the minor buffs. Perhaps that might be something that sets could provide when proc'ed.
    Again though, looking over all the sets in the game that don't scale up to v14 much less 16, there are numerous builds that are clever and fun you could make with good work you have already done in the past.
    Zane Altise- The Drunken Sorc

"The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head"-Pratchett
    Options
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wrobel wrote: »
    We can definitely make the traits from leaderboard rewards not drop with stats you typically use while leveling up. Note that we do have plans for an overall trait rebalancing in the future. What would you guys like to see as 5 piece bonuses on the PvP sets besides a DPS increase?

@Wrobel

Ive always found the zone //area specific buffs e.g. Whilst near a keep have X trait.

Tbh if I had 1 thing in eso pvp atm it would be "enemies you kill cannot be resurrected"

Also something for class specific like a "X of assassination" "when using an assassin tree ability gain invisibility for 2s" for example. This would be better if it was an enchant that you could put on any weapon this way you don't have to worry about traits etc and players could use whatever item they wanted and still get the effect. Also it might then be worth taking traits like charged or infused to gain better effects from this enchant. How it would work for your current code would be it would apply a buff like the weapon dmg one does and whilst this buff is active using an assassin tree ability would trigger the 2nd effect.

Would need some work to make it interesting.

Tbh I'd just be happy to get 8 legendary improvements so I can upgrade one of my items or a kuta and chance at prismatic rune.
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on December 11, 2015 1:21AM
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
    Options
  • MrGrimey
    MrGrimey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ku5h wrote: »
    We can definitely make the traits from leaderboard rewards not drop with stats you typically use while leveling up. Note that we do have plans for an overall trait rebalancing in the future. What would you guys like to see as 5 piece bonuses on the PvP sets besides a DPS increase?

Maybe something like this:
    - Dragons Might (DK set) Dragon leap ultimate deals aditional dmg based on your max hp and/or max armor. So the idea is, the more robust you are that leap landing will be more devastating. And the dmg buff has to be good enough to be relevant, something like 2k dmg per 10k hp or something.
    - Power Overwhelming (Sorc set) Overload ultimate when active generate electrical surge around the caster dealing dmg to all enemies in 5-7m radius range. Now i would base dmg of magica/stamina as its most beneficial to all sorcs, but i would rather base it of something else, since right now all they need it 1 stat, and i dont want to promote that meta.
    - Righteous Might (Templar set) Radial sweep ultimate now deals massive single target range dmg. Not sure about the range, but something in between 10-20m, and base dmg of max magica/stamina. And yea, if you go all out crazy on CPs and maxing your dmg/max res, and maybe shadow mundus, you should crit for 20k in PvP, but not much over 20k, and ulti cost should be 200-300.
    - Shadowdancer (NB set) Consuming darkness set is now placed on a caster. So the idea is that you cast it on yourself and it sticks with you as you move, but no bonus for your allies. Since NB doesnt need aditional dmg abilities, this could be a nice deff one, ulti cost would have to be reduced to 75-125 and duration could be tweaked but atleast 10 sec.

Some ideas just from top of my head, dont know how usefull some would consider these buffs as i dont play all classes, but i think they all might be addition to stuff that specific classes lack. They could implement addition to the original animation of the spells, or not, up to them.

Sets that buff the 2 strongest Ultimates in the game?
    Options
  • MrGrimey
    MrGrimey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, the reason that DPS sets are the "most important" is because a DPS centered meta, makes the game faster paced, more entertaining to most, DPS is the most popular role and players living too long and staying balled up have shown to stress the servers, thus causing more lag.

Don't expect too many OP godmode sets
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about a set that makes Dots harder to purge.

Options
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How about soft-caps so more build diversity and more armor-sets usable.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
    Options
  • Tower_Of_Shame
    Tower_Of_Shame
    ✭✭✭✭
    Knootewoot wrote: »
    How about soft-caps so more build diversity and more armor-sets usable.

This pls!
    Options
  • Jhunn
    Jhunn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rewards for the Worthy are getting looked into for Thieves Guild, but we're also looking into more changes for future updates. Wrobel and gang are still nailing those down however and more information will be available on it when it's set on our internal server =) We are also looking into the end of Campaign rewards too.
    Honestly end campaign rewards should be first priority. But this sounds good @ZOS_BrianWheeler. Can we have any specific information about what you're planning to do?
    Edited by Jhunn on December 11, 2015 9:50AM
    Gave up.
    Options
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can we please bring sets like this up to speed and have them sell for AP and be BoE? @Wrobel

[img]http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/file/view/Healing Mage Set - Aether Staff of Mending(V12e).png/535525222/300x338/Healing Mage Set - Aether Staff of Mending(V12e).png Utility sets like this would be huge for cyrodiil play against groups that have 16 ppl spamming steel tornado, especially if you make the debuff meaningful, like an unpurgeable -25% physical dmg for 10 seconds or something.[/img]
    Edited by Draxys on December 11, 2015 10:21AM

rip decibel
    Options
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MrGrimey wrote: »
    ku5h wrote: »

Maybe something like this:
    - Dragons Might (DK set) Dragon leap ultimate deals aditional dmg based on your max hp and/or max armor. So the idea is, the more robust you are that leap landing will be more devastating. And the dmg buff has to be good enough to be relevant, something like 2k dmg per 10k hp or something.
    - Power Overwhelming (Sorc set) Overload ultimate when active generate electrical surge around the caster dealing dmg to all enemies in 5-7m radius range. Now i would base dmg of magica/stamina as its most beneficial to all sorcs, but i would rather base it of something else, since right now all they need it 1 stat, and i dont want to promote that meta.
    - Righteous Might (Templar set) Radial sweep ultimate now deals massive single target range dmg. Not sure about the range, but something in between 10-20m, and base dmg of max magica/stamina. And yea, if you go all out crazy on CPs and maxing your dmg/max res, and maybe shadow mundus, you should crit for 20k in PvP, but not much over 20k, and ulti cost should be 200-300.
    - Shadowdancer (NB set) Consuming darkness set is now placed on a caster. So the idea is that you cast it on yourself and it sticks with you as you move, but no bonus for your allies. Since NB doesnt need aditional dmg abilities, this could be a nice deff one, ulti cost would have to be reduced to 75-125 and duration could be tweaked but atleast 10 sec.

Some ideas just from top of my head, dont know how usefull some would consider these buffs as i dont play all classes, but i think they all might be addition to stuff that specific classes lack. They could implement addition to the original animation of the spells, or not, up to them.

Sets that buff the 2 strongest Ultimates in the game?

Considering: -dragon leap- thats why my proposla is max hp or max armor. If you put max armor as modifier, then for example stamina dps DK wont have more then 15k armor rating, which wont buff dmg that much, maybe 2-3k, so when you consider a buff or couple of thousand on only 1 specific ulti use isnt that much. On the other hand a tanky DK with 30k+ in armor will definately feel the buff.
    -overload- this maybe op in some circumstances, but its easily adjusted by tweaking range of aoe and its dmg
    Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey!

More healing increase with purges.
    Speed increases( look at Fiords Legacy)
    Stamina cost reductions.
    Dodge and break free cost reductions.
    Critical dmg resistance.
    Ranged dmg resistance.

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rewards for the Worthy are getting looked into for Thieves Guild, but we're also looking into more changes for future updates. Wrobel and gang are still nailing those down however and more information will be available on it when it's set on our internal server =) We are also looking into the end of Campaign rewards too.

Perhaps consider increasing the number of reward "tiers". Most active PvP'ers hit tier 3 in a few days (of a month long campaign). If you are actively PvP'ing pretty much every day you should get rewards on par with the PvE folks who farm their dailies.
    Tal'gro Bol
    PvP Vice Officer [Retired] and Huscarl of Vokundein
    http://www.legend-gaming.net/vokundein/
    Options
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More AOE resistance, Maybe an armor set that the 5 piece bonus has some kind of aoe fear,

How about some 5 piece sets that give things from other classes, like a limted leap or an escape, but I guess that would need another hot bar button. Lets get something exciting and different.
    Options
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just one thing, 5pc sets should give more UTILITY, not more DAMAGE.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
    Options
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Float like a butterfly and sting like a walrus
    5% on being affected by CC, become immune to CC for 1 minute. During this phase, your overall damage is reduced by 30% ( 2 minute cooldown )

Run Fengrush Run
    While holding a scroll, gain movement speed of an additional 40%. Stamina regeneration is increased by 50%. You will be void of any abilities providing CC immunity.

The unsung hero
    You have the ability to repair a wall/door under siege, if the amount of siege affecting the wall is less than 7

Future Emperor
    Earn an additional 60% AP assisting your faction in capturing keeps, outposts and resources. ( 3 minute cooldown )

{★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
    Options
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inpen, divines, infused reinforced should be common then the rest very rare well fitted should be removed
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
    Options
  • Helluin
    Helluin
    ✭✭✭

I read several interesting suggestions in this topic and amongst these posts but in general in forum, like in game, there is one issue that arises: lack of build diversification.

The system introduced with 1.6 and the removal of softcaps led to this, instead of a bigger diversification that many were expecting. Players are simply stacking their favourite stat, damage, recovery, etc.
    Hybrid builds are no more competitive because of skills scaling off max stats, power, penetration, etc.

These builds, but for being fun and traditional for many TES players, had a great plus: diversification.

Since we can't add again softcaps or hard caps, hybrid builds can return to be interesting, granting a diversification we all would enjoy, in 3 ways:

1) new enchanting weapon glyphs altering skills and light/heavy attacks
    2) introducing venoms in alchemy to be applied on weapons to alter skills, light/heavy attacks or adding new stuff (like suggested in other posts)
    3) new sets of 5 and/or 2 items granting something specific for class skills, altering those and also light/heavy attacks

Every option can be interesting but, speaking about option 3 and what asked specifically by @Wrobel , I write some examples:

A ) set gloves + weapon or simply weapon or gloves:
    - light and heavy attacks deal poison damage and scale off your highest stat, damage and penetration (gloves + bow, gloves + 1 hand weapon, gloves + 2H weapon)
    - light and heavy attacks deal fire damage and scale off your highest stat, damage and penetration (gloves + bow, gloves + 1 hand weapon, gloves + 2H weapon)
    - light and heavy attacks deal physical damage and scale off your highest stat, damage and penetration (gloves + staff)

B ) usual 5 pieces sets (jewelry+armor):
    - stamina set: damaging class skills consuming magicka consume now stamina and scale off stamina, weapon damage, armor penetration
    - magicka set: damaging class skills consuming stamina consume now magicka and scale off magicka, spell damage, spell penetration

If modify the scaling via sets is a problem:
    - stamina set: damaging class skills consuming magicka deal 100-200% increased damage
    - magicka set: damaging class skills consuming stamina deal 100-200% increased damage

This is to compensate the fact that a magicka skill for a stamina build has low damage and vice versa.
    These class skills could still consume magicka or stamina so they can be just situational.

Obviously the bonus of 3A should be always up, while the bonus of 3B could have a cooldown or be active for just some specific class skills.

As you can see the goal of these suggested sets is build diversification not just as used skills but as CPs spent.
    Something like this would enhance the possibilities of Champion system and would bring back Hybrid builds just with a different shape.
    We would be able then to see a stamina DK using a fire staff, a Magicka NB using a bow, stamina Thaumaturge builds able to have more options than just 3 bow morphs, stamina Elemental Expert builds able to use different weapons, etc.

I think every class can benefit from this and surely all the players unhappy because a class morph became a stamina or magicka one would be able to get the morph they prefer.
    "... and the blue fire of Helluin flickered in the mists above the borders of the world, in that hour the Children of the Earth awoke, the Firstborn of Ilúvatar."
    Options
  • MountainHound
    MountainHound
    ✭✭✭✭
    NPK Daniel wrote: »
    The rewards you are giving us is a JOKE compared to the solo arena. Think about the time commitment to rank that high in a 30 day PVP campaign...How the heck do you justify giving someone a v16 master weapon for doing something that takes 2-3hrs when we get TOTAL garbage.

You need to make things like v16 shadow walker jewelry as the reward. Make it so you can ONLY get these items (or something similar) in the gold tear, and make them NOT bound.

v16 morag tong daggers
    v16 shadow walker jewelry
    & the old school GOOD elite vendor sets.

THAT's what the 30 gold tear rewards should be, and you shouldn't be able to get them ANY other way (like you'v done for the solo trial). That or give me ma dayum v16 master weapons.

How about you go earn a malestrom weapon?

His point is, that whilst he has the Orsinium arena it is completely garbage from a PVP player perspective as he would rather PVP and the thought of having to be in a PVE area for longer than 1 hour causes his skin to itch.

If ZOS wants people to buy the Orsinium / Imperial City content why don't they make the vendors exclusive to those areas. I wouldn't mind having to travel to Orsinium and paying 1-2million AP for a master weapon to a vendor exclusive to that area OR place an unlock-able vendor in Cyrodiil that you can only speak to if you own that content.

This way you give PVP players something they want + encourage them to subscribe/buy the Orsinium game pack.

Options
  • MountainHound
    MountainHound
    ✭✭✭✭
    As for Sets, only achievable in PVP rewards:

I HATE PVE:

1 pc = 100% Exp gain
    2 pc = 300% Exp gain
    3 pc = 600% Exp gain
    4 pc= 1,200% Exp gain
    5 pc= Do one quest and get to v16
    Edited by MountainHound on December 14, 2015 1:41PM
    Options
  • Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    get rid of the cooldown on the Affliction set AND/OR make it Medium instead of heavy.
    Also, Argonia style is FUGLY; at the very least make it convertible into Imperial.
    Options
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they could atleast add the new motifs to the rng for the top 10%
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
    Options
  • Hydrocodone
    Hydrocodone
    ✭✭✭
    IMO the best thing you could do is bring all the sets up to v16, adjusting the DPS to fit with the new sets power level. Do we need Shadow Walker right now? Probably not we have the agility set right now but Hawks Eye might be nice etc. I would like to see v16 Masters weapons as rewards again but understand you wanted to keep Maelstrom weapons fresh for a while. The thing is we need a reason to care about doing well for our faction. Find a way to give more AP for doing objectives as a way to cut down on tower farms etc. It is silly that 50 people can dictate the server performance for the entire zone. Thanks!

I just wanted to add that all the sets you've had in the game up in this point should be considered for itemization at v16 rather than come up with new sets IMO kk thx.
    Edited by Hydrocodone on December 14, 2015 2:40PM
    Options
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about a set that lets me choose one skill from any of the other classes, ONLY one skill.....
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

Options
  • Jhunn
    Jhunn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Johngo0036 wrote: »
    What about a set that lets me choose one skill from any of the other classes, ONLY one skill.....
    Inbefore every player is cloaking more than @Wrobel in AOE caps discussion thread
    Gave up.
    Options
  • Aunatar
    Aunatar
    ✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    Fat_Cat45 wrote: »

I would love to see some anti-zerg sets, regardless how strange they might be.

How about an armor set which had a 5 piece "Increases the damage of Soul Shatter by 500%".

It would be hilarious to see like 10 players with this set all coordinate and run into a zerg. I only had this idea because of those suicide super mutants in Fallout 4

Or "take 10% less damage for each enemy player(minus number of friendly players) within 10m radius near you" :)

That should be implemented as a battle spirit feature, not a 5 bonus set
    @Aunatar
    V16 Sorcerer - Aunatar
    V16 DK - Aunatarans (Currently main)
    V16 DK - Aunatar Evereth
    V16 DK - Aunataran
    V16 NB - Aunatars
    V4 Templar - Lysindel
    Lvl 30 NB - Vile Aunataroni De Pipino
    Free spot, looking for suggestions
    Options
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

as you get reletivly few answers to the trait issue so far:

training, exploring, sturdy and well fitted in their current implementation are completly useless due to various reasons.
    while sturdy and well fitted could be made usefull with some tweaks.

speaking of a 7piece gold set in each case(if you do not like them to interfere with your pve goals make them restricted to cyrodiil only):
    sturdy: beside the repair cost reduction add a 10,5% recieved dmg reduction (1.5% per piece when gold)
    well fitted: add a 10,5% rolldodge cost reduction, a 70% chance (10% per piece) to skip/nullify a sprintcost tic and 10.5%runspeed increasement

with those change the previously usefull traits would need some slight push to be back in line i think, beside their old stats:
    devines: add a 10,5% healing innitiated bonus
    impenetreble: add a 10,5% opponents critchance reduction
    infused: add a 10,5% overall HP bonus
    reinforced: add a 10,5% chance to withstand any type of CC effect
    nirnhoned: increase the overall resistance of an armor by 10,5% (this effects the overall armor value wich affects spell and physical resistence)
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

Options
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Set Bonus: Rock Solid
    You are immune to all forms of armor and spell penetration.

THIS !
    also an armor trait against penetration, same mechanism as the impenetrable trait protects against crit.
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
    Options
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jhunn wrote: »
    Johngo0036 wrote: »
    Inbefore every player is cloaking more than @Wrobel in AOE caps discussion thread

i bet 80% choice streak/bol
    hrothbern wrote: »
    Set Bonus: Rock Solid
    You are immune to all forms of armor and spell penetration.

THIS !
    also an armor trait against penetration, same mechanism as the impenetrable trait protects against crit.

this shouldn be a set, this should be a passiv for HA.....
    Edited by BuggeX on December 14, 2015 3:50PM
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
    Options
  • KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@Wrobel

We don't even need to get damage from item sets these days honestly. Jewelry enchants and weapon upgrades give us enough of that to function. Also, 1pc Kena exists. What we really want is relevant stats (Desert Rose 5pc buff for example), and consistency between weapon weight, 1-4pc lines, and 5pc bonuses.

Also, stop it with the "fully charged heavy attack" nonsense (ex: Arch-mage basically doesn't have a 5pc bonus anymore). We don't care what the effects are or how many sets you make with this mechanic. People will simply never use a fully charged heavy attack consistently in PvP because (1) charge time is long, displacing dps abilities, and (2) they are telegraphed and easily dodgeable, making them inconsistent. Stahp.

For example, Affliction would be a really cool medium armor set as it is now. The fact that it's a heavy armor set, though, makes it compete with Black Rose and Reactive and crafted Hunding's and other sets. As a heavy armor set, it's just bad.

Be sure to ask yourself "under what combat use cases would a player want to use this 5pc bonus," and then build the 1-4pc lines and the armor weight around that.

I guess another example of this through process would be the Death's Wind crafted set. The 5pc set is built for a dps kite build. When you get bursted low, you push enemies away from you. That's awesome. However, the lower lines are made for a tank... Tanks want to be in close to enemies. They should seldom get low enough to proc the set, and when they do, they aim to be healed up quickly. There is a contradiction in this set that makes it unusable competitively.

Work through the PvP sets with this thought process, and you'll be able to create some really cool ones that we will use. Just keep in mind that even the slightest inconsistency in bonuses, traits, or weights will 100% make the set trash because they all have to compete with perfect trait crafted Hunding's, Julianos, Magnus, Willow's, etc.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC original dueling and general PvP community guild
    Now the hub of competitive dueling and the joined PvP communities of NA and EU/PC

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys