The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can we talk about PVP rewards?

Jhunn
Jhunn
✭✭✭✭✭
Like your PVP isn't in a bad enough state, the rewards given for 30 days of PVP'ing and being in the top 2% is just absolutely ridiculous. A bunch of useless sets, useless traits, no vMSA rewards, nothing. I understand you want people to buy Orsinium and do the new arena, but giving PVP zero incentive at all is just sad. Who am I supposed to tag here? @ZOS_BrianWheeler?
05b161dbf8.png
bd0beb8bbf.png
00fbdc8532.png
2101eb78e6.png
9fb398dfb2.png
Gave up.
  • Jhunn
    Jhunn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to add aswell that this isn't just an unlucky round of rewards for me. It's basically everyone I've talked to. At least you could get Master Weapons (which wasn't included in rewards when DSA came out either, as far as I recall) before veteran cap was raised, but now it's just completely uselss.
    Edited by Jhunn on November 30, 2015 12:11PM
    Gave up.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better rewards for VR14 than VR16. :disappointed:

They need to find a way to get the PvE exclusive sets back into PvP again (and vice versa) we can focus on what we love and get gear that way.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They need to just give us yellow mats for a start, don't give us a chore deconstructing junk like that. Also, it would be nice to have some really good sets that come in coffers that you get a certain amount of when you finish in the top percentile. And guaranteed, like buying the IC sets with stones. We all want a token system, but we also all know that zos will live and die by RNG.

rip decibel
  • oibam
    oibam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    STURDY and WELL-FITTED <3
  • Jhunn
    Jhunn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oibam wrote: »
    Ikr. If I do vMSA for a month I'll have 4x weekly rewards and a chance for Maelstrom weapons for every run I do. If I PVP for a month I'll get 5 sh*t sets with 50% sh*t traits and zero chance for a Maelstrom weapon (AFAIK). Really?
    Edited by Jhunn on November 30, 2015 12:19PM
    Gave up.
  • RoamingRiverElk
    RoamingRiverElk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The campaign rewards really are pretty bad sets, and therefore only good for deconstructing. In which case they're not worth much. Traits on rewards really need to make sense, no sturdy, well-fitted... And the repair stones given at the end of a campaign? It just shows how out of touch whoever decided the number was with PvP... 5 repair kits, 10 repair kits - it's worth Nothing.
    Edited by RoamingRiverElk on November 30, 2015 12:23PM
    Dalris Aalr - Magicka (Stamina) DK | Dalfish - Magicka Sorc | Dal Aalr - Magicka Warden | Dalrish - Mag/Stam NB | Irana Aalr - PvE Templar
  • Jhunn
    Jhunn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The campaign rewards really are pretty bad sets, and therefore only good for deconstructing. In which case they're not worth much. Traits on rewards really need to make sense, no sturdy, well-fitted... And the repair stones given at the end of a campaign? It just shows how out of touch whoever decided the number was with PvP... 5 repair kits, 10 repair kits - it's worth Nothing.
    I think I got 20 actually! Almost enough for a half keep wall. Great
    Gave up.
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jhunn wrote: »
    oibam wrote: »
    Ikr. If I do vMSA for a month I'll have 4x weekly rewards and a chance for Maelstrom weapons for every run I do. If I PVP for a month I'll get 5 sh*t sets with 50% sh*t traits and zero chance for a Maelstrom weapon (AFAIK). Really?

50% *** traits? No I think its more, I got 5*well fitted I *** you not.
    ~retired~
    EU server, former Zerg Squad and Banana Squad officer
    Dennegor NB AD, AvA 50 Grand Overlord 24/05/2016
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Denne the Banana Slayer NB EP, AvA 14
    Darth Dennegor lv50 Stamina NB DC, AvA 19
    Youtube Channel
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jhunn wrote: »
    I want to add aswell that this isn't just an unlucky round of rewards for me. It's basically everyone I've talked to. At least you could get Master Weapons (which wasn't included in rewards when DSA came out either, as far as I recall) before veteran cap was raised, but now it's just completely uselss.

Sadly yes, that's not an unlucky round. Because there's nothing good in the current leaderboard loot table at all. Even if you get nice traits, there's no sets worth wearing(or trying to sell). Same with Rewards of the Worthy. They choose to only scale mediocre to useless sets to VR16.

Not sure who's responsible. Because I dont think Brian Wheeler makes actual itemization, even if it's PvP rewards. Really baffling how they promised to buff PvP rewards, but the complete opposite happened. Now you get absurdly bad sets and 75% with sturdy or well-fitted.
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agreed OP, the traits are horrendous, same with other drops having training on it?

I mean REALLY??

What V16 needs training trait on anything drop related?

Great logic
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only decent thing you get from pvp is arch mage.

That's only if you don't dual wield and until you get a Molag Kena drop anyway.

Rest is straight up useless
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No one can beat my 2 sturdy arch mage shoes in one single mail

I got something like 20 items or so, most of them sturdy and well fitted, because why not :disappointed:
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wollust wrote: »
    No one can beat my 2 sturdy arch mage shoes in one single mail

I got something like 20 items or so, most of them sturdy and well fitted, because why not :disappointed:

Lol sorry mate, that made me lol, I feel your pain though hehe.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Jhunn
    Jhunn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I guess @ZOS_BrianWheeler isn't the correct person to tag here. Care to enlighten me, @ZOS_GinaBruno ? <3
    Gave up.
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got one (1) set drop from my first Wrothgar daily and it was an arcane briar-ring. Ain't nobody got time fo dat.
  • riverdragon72
    riverdragon72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got 10 rocks.......10 ****ing rocks.
    Meh...**** it..
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got 10 rocks.......10 ****ing rocks.

I got 20.

L2P.
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, considering Rewards of the Worthy, they sayed they increased gold amount you get by 3x, but forgot to mention that they will come in 5x less then before. It used to be, every 2-3k AP i get a reward, now its like every 10k, and all under premise they are increasing the rewards in PVP.
    Do they think we are that stupid?! Its insulting...

• Jhunn
    Jhunn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • TheDarkShadow
    TheDarkShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It'd better if they give the player more gold, and some kind of token so they can barter the set of their choice at a NPC. Maybe next update with the set merchant.
    Edited by TheDarkShadow on December 8, 2015 11:05AM
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ku5h wrote: »
    Also, considering Rewards of the Worthy, they sayed they increased gold amount you get by 3x, but forgot to mention that they will come in 5x less then before. It used to be, every 2-3k AP i get a reward, now its like every 10k, and all under premise they are increasing the rewards in PVP.
    Do they think we are that stupid?! Its insulting...

QFT. Rewards for the Worthy was NERFED and Nerfed hard. No more Potentiates set. No more Vengence Leach set. No more Masters Weapons for top 2%.

Every set piece with jewelry deleted from VR16 Loot tables. Then they had the gall to paint this as a buff. Disgusting.
  • Jhunn
    Jhunn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So apparantly itemization is @Wrobel domain?
    Gave up.
  • jrkhan
    jrkhan
    ✭✭✭
    A few points:

It's kind of crazy that 2/3rds of traits are widely regarded as useless to begin with.
    Buffs to traits that make them more universally desirable should be in order.
    e.g. Well-fitted - increase movement speed by X%

I do find the lack of set jewelry annoying.

I might be willing to trade 160 weapon power and one crit bonus for 50% increased stealth detection in some circumstances.
    If I'm expecting to have a lot of fights against other gank builds, actually getting the opener is probably more valuable then the weapon power and crit.
    It's a niche set, but I don't think it's fair to call it useless.

• Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So is it still possible to get golden cyro light rings from campaign reward?
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think that end campaign gear PvP rewards should not exist. I don't mind the gold and maybe we could add some cool mounts / titles at some point but the gear doesn't give anything special.

I would rather have a ranking system in place and have new sets of PvP gear available everytime a campaign restart. You could buy those sets of gear with AP only and only if you have the ranking required. There could be different brackets of ranking that let you purchase better pieces of the same sets (higher stats on them).

The ranking system would not work with kill/death ratio or any of the sort since it penalizes healers and other types of gameplay. Instead, we could revamp the AP system to give more benefits to objectives as described in this post. Then, we could make the ranking of said player work accordingly to the average amount of medals he completes during a day.

I think that making people pick which pieces to buy with AP and ranking would go along way. No more random tank loots with bad traits when you are a healer. No more random healer piece when you are a dps. Give players the freedom to buy what they really want as long as they work hard for it. With a medals and a ranking system in place to earn APs.
    Edited by frozywozy on December 9, 2015 3:48PM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • SkylarkAU
    SkylarkAU
    ✭✭✭✭
    For scoring in the top 2% I would want any of - gold, gold mats, masters weapons, gold jewelry (willpower, agility, endurance, etc), akaviri motifs.. that kind of thing. Poorly traited gold sets pieces (I'll never use) that come in rewards for the worthy anyway really amounts to nothing. :/
    Skylärk // v16 Stamina DK (AvA 23)
    Elizabeth Skylark // v16 Magicka Sorc (AvA 29)
    Tauriel Skylark // v16 Stamina NB (AvA 12)
    Alexander Skylark // v2 Magicka Templar
    Terra Australis XI // v2 Magicka DK
    Nocturnal | RÀGE
    << PC/NA/AD >>

Youtube
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SHADOW2KK wrote: »
    Agreed OP, the traits are horrendous, same with other drops having training on it?

I mean REALLY??

What V16 needs training trait on anything drop related?

Great logic

Noble duelist trait is just an insult. I mean, 3 or 4 pieces bonus are great, but when you look at the trait... training in a set that drops from VR1 till VR 14 in PVP?

It's like, "now that I'm VR, I'm going to train light armor".

I wish they change it. I don't mind if it is not Divines or Infused or Impenetrable, but please, not exploration, sturdy (unless you change the rules of armor degradation in PvP) or Well fitted...
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Jhunn
    Jhunn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fact is, the reason neither IC sets (Willpower, agility, etc) or Orsinium sets/Maelstrom weapons aren't a part of end campaign rewards is that they want people to buy and play their new DLCs. Which is fine and all, but that's removing any intencive to try being in top 2% except for a few tempers or dreugh wax. And that's just stupid.
    Gave up.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SkylarkAU wrote: »
    For scoring in the top 2% I would want any of - gold, gold mats, masters weapons, gold jewelry (willpower, agility, endurance, etc), akaviri motifs.. that kind of thing. Poorly traited gold sets pieces (I'll never use) that come in rewards for the worthy anyway really amounts to nothing. :/

One of my guildmates got a gold willpower ring as a campaign reward on Axe when she was empress about two months ago. Apparently it is incredibly rare as I've never heard anyone else claim to have gotten it.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This past week was the first time since early summer that I've not been on an Azura or Trueflame top 10 with the exception of I think 4 one-week campaigns.

I committed this week to leveling a new character, and will continue doing so until v16. :)

I NEVER got an item that I didn't decon or sell for a couple k on a trader. ZERO master weapons or equipped pieces of ANY kind. PvP rewards are so bad.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC original dueling and general PvP community guild
    Now the hub of competitive dueling and the joined PvP communities of NA and EU/PC

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys