Maintenance for the week of October 28:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 28, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 30, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 30, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Show me Your sorcerer :P

• McGordon
    McGordon
    ✭✭✭
    In cyro wih food buff. Dont know why I have so low stats.
    hHn8zOg.jpg
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    McGordon wrote: »
    In cyro wih food buff. Dont know why I have so low stats.
    hHn8zOg.jpg

Love the look btw. Your stats VERY similar to mine, only dif is my spell crit is approx 60% now. The spell crit dif, prob from CP passive, innerlight, and dw with crit and the dw passive.

Im gonna guess you do Not have monster drops, gonna guess not the willpower set at v16 with gold enchant. Lack of V16 armor with gold?

We be in the same boat. It is really amazing what these gear differences add up to
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • McGordon
    McGordon
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks.
    My build:
    3x Magnus (v16 all purple)

5x Kagrenac (v16 staff and chest gold, rest purple)

3x Will Power (v16 purple) 2 with gold spell damage , 1 with magicka reg

Cp i think was 160

No dw because spells what i need from assault not available atm.

Edited by McGordon on November 10, 2015 11:02PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, me too! You got more CP than me but not too much. Honestly I thought I was missing the boat for taking so long to get some gear. Im desperately trying to get v16 gear to try and complete some dungeons.

I would run with my guild but Im serious when I say, a PUG has better chances of a complete. See here im below average, in game, im above average which is not a good thing lmao.

Btw is that Argonian chest?
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • kyrowski
    kyrowski
    ✭✭
    Still a work in progress..

5L/2H
    5 Julianos - 1v16 gold & 4 v14 blue
    2 Seducer v14 blue
    Jewellery and swords are will power, not ideal but upgrades on the v13 weapons I had before.

SAjl82W.jpg
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @kyrowski may I ask why the four points in health? I mean that's 488, the same as glyph, but more importantly is so low that the slightly added amount to magicka may cause a higher benefit? I maybe missin sumthin? (Though I lm bettin it was just cause and there is no prob with that :) )
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With glass hood:

USb2FXP.jpg

Without glass hood:

VBx710q.jpg

Buffed stats (major sorcery/ward/resolve) with campaign bonuses:

v1SlmfN.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/v1SlmfN.jpg

Glass hood trims my bushy beard :(

Edited by FriedEggSandwich on November 11, 2015 6:37AM
    PC | EU
  • Aiden_DE
    Aiden_DE
    Aiden_DE wrote: »
    This is my mage after a 4 months break from ESO - I just recently have updated my gear, but still needs a bit of improvement (Molag Kena Head, 2x 1h sword on offbar, Molag Kena schoulders with divine trait). Spell dmg numbers not too impressive atm and lacking champion points:

5thm7fG.jpg
    vIkt0Bi.jpg

Love that second picture, looks really awesome. What chest peice is that? Btw wut eva, them stats look awesome!

So I got all excited and tried to build a tank sorc... it was SOOO bad, the stats were horrid! My first though was, "maybe bad on paper, good in pratice" Nope, it was, bad on paper, worse in practice. Lol so bad Im not posting a pic. Sad thing was it made me broke so I spent the night, before comcast stopped working..., gettin gold to respec again, no wa am I spending 7 freakin bucks to respec lol

This is 5 piece Julianos, 1x Molag Kena, 2x Torugs Pact atm - all in Xivkyn light armor style (besides Molag Kena shoulders and heavy legs, also Xivkyn style). As a costume, it´s the mind-shriven morph.

• kyrowski
    kyrowski
    ✭✭
    @kyrowski may I ask why the four points in health? I mean that's 488, the same as glyph, but more importantly is so low that the slightly added amount to magicka may cause a higher benefit? I maybe missin sumthin? (Though I lm bettin it was just cause and there is no prob with that :) )

You're right - just because :-)

Up until yesterday morning it was 40 & 24, I seem to be changing CP, Skills & Attributes daily trying to find a build I am comfortable with.
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With glass hood:

USb2FXP.jpg

Without glass hood:

VBx710q.jpg

v1SlmfN.jpg

Love the look, that armor looks great.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just real quick, why Torug's Pact? Isn't Magnus or Krag or even Twilight's embrace do more damage? Like 1k of health is approx 1/5th of your standard damaging attack. To me any health under a 5k gain (in total) is pretty worthless.

Speaking from PvP.

Also, it was a durp moment, but seeing as all players roll with a shield one way or another, and shields cannot be crited, shouldn't spell crit take a back seat to spell damage?

All I did was change my Mundus stone, lost maybe 10% crit, but gained several k magicka, 200 magicka regen and more spell dmg. I think the change is far more appropriate.

One more thing about health, wouldn't that 1k of health be better served as 1k into shield? It might as well be health but can be refreshed.
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted to drop a liddle fun picture in addition :D
    Wish i was a Nightblade, then I could have even more.

12239333_795052587283827_5128539236987965243_o.jpg
    Edited by Dracane on November 11, 2015 7:56PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

My debut album on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@Gleandra/videos
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AfkNinja wrote: »
    With glass hood:

USb2FXP.jpg

Without glass hood:

VBx710q.jpg

v1SlmfN.jpg

Love the look, that armor looks great.

Thanks man :)
    PC | EU
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »

64k magicka?? That's disgusting lol. What's the hard cap at? I don't think you're even using bound aegis. What is your pve hardened ward value?

Edit: actually that's a disguise/costume so you probs are running bound aegis, but still..
    Edited by FriedEggSandwich on November 11, 2015 8:45PM
    PC | EU
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a ton of magicka! Dang, with that much how is your spell dmg low? Lol

The ol' s and b. I use to use it, but I didn't want s and b on both bars. Its an exchange of a little over 10% crit chance for the magicka glyph boost.

I found I really like combat prayer, its my Oh shiz spell, so I need a resto staff. I suppose I could rock healin ward, however its only, when proced like 6600? That's 2 attacks, so while in IC hardened actually serves me better on that bar.

My back up is resto I combine ward, dark conversion, and combat prayer, very low costs and can regen pretty much all my stats. I really want more CPs into,my stam regen...
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The ol' s and b. I use to use it, but I didn't want s and b on both bars. Its an exchange of a little over 10% crit chance for the magicka glyph boost.

I found I really like combat prayer, its my Oh shiz spell, so I need a resto staff. I suppose I could rock healin ward, however its only, when proced like 6600? That's 2 attacks, so while in IC hardened actually serves me better on that bar.

My back up is resto I combine ward, dark conversion, and combat prayer, very low costs and can regen pretty much all my stats. I really want more CPs into,my stam regen...

Healing Ward increases in strength the lower hp you are when you cast it, up to 300% stronger. But if you are used to using combat prayer as your burst heal then stick with it.

Don't put any points into stam regen as a magicka build, it's a really inefficient way to spend cp. I have 2 cp in mooncalf but that's probably too much. A 1% increase on an already low figure won't be much of a rise. You're better spending cp on reducing the cost of stamina actions such as blocking, dodge roll and break free. A 1% reduction on an already high cost is a good way to spend cp. So Tumbling and Block Expert > Mooncalf for a magicka build.
    Edited by FriedEggSandwich on November 11, 2015 9:16PM
    PC | EU
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Block expert huh? An idea that I hadn't thought of (as I really don't block) I was running with tumbling and mooncalf, but you make an excellent point. A percentage on a low number is still low...

But I do want to roll or cc break more than once a battle. Any suggestions on how to maximize CC break in a magicka build?
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's not how it works. Magicka directly raises damage, and with that much Magicka he is hitting far harder than anyone with 3k Spell Damage and 35k Magicka. Another interesting fact is that his Hardened Ward is over 18k with maxed bastion in Cyrodiil. 37k in PvE.

He is however using 3 toggles and a v14 set to get there. His Magicka Regen is also really low. It wouldn't really be effective in PvP because he only has two slots per bar to actually do damage/defend his self with, and he lacks the sustain to keep it up for long.

Edited by Xeven on November 11, 2015 10:32PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ohhhhh! So your spell damage is not a total of all relevant factors? It's its own independent number?

So to see his actual damage, we would have to see his tooltip or a clip of battle?

Now I really have somethings to think about
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Block expert huh? An idea that I hadn't thought of (as I really don't block) I was running with tumbling and mooncalf, but you make an excellent point. A percentage on a low number is still low...

But I do want to roll or cc break more than once a battle. Any suggestions on how to maximize CC break in a magicka build?

You're right, blocking isn't something you should be doing a lot of as a sorc so tumbling > block expert, but both are better than mooncalf imo. There are times when it's good to block; meteor, reflected frags etc. There is no harm in increasing stam regen through other methods such as set bonuses, and if you went that route then mooncalf would become a more efficient place to put cp. But I find that with 13k stam, 630 stam regen and around 10 cp each in tumbling and block expert I usually have enough stam to break free, and I usually pop a tripot after using a chunk of stam (like dodge rolling twice) so that helps too.

Edit: drink buffs is another option if you want to dodge roll more.
    Edited by FriedEggSandwich on November 11, 2015 10:50PM
    PC | EU
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »

64k magicka?? That's disgusting lol. What's the hard cap at? I don't think you're even using bound aegis. What is your pve hardened ward value?
    Xeven wrote: »

That's not how it works. Magicka directly raises damage, and with that much Magicka he is hitting far harder than anyone with 3k Spell Damage and 35k Magicka. Another interesting fact is that his Hardened Ward is over 18k with maxed bastion in Cyrodiil. 37k in PvE.

He is however using 3 toggles and a v14 set to get there. His Magicka Regen is also really low. It wouldn't really be effective in PvP because he only has two slots per bar to actually do damage/defend his self with, and he lacks the sustain to keep it up for long.

Necropotence is V12 only. And don't worry, this build does not work for pvp of course. It's not even a build. I just tried to screen my max Magicka record. This is almost the highest amount of Magicka possible. But I don't have golden yewelry and no golden axe and a Nightblade could reach even more.

But I run a very similar setup in pvp. Just with much more spell damage and a bit less Magicka. And regen really doesn't matter, if you know how to play ;) At the beginning, it was hard for me. But not so much anymore.
    I don't really have sustain problems anymore.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

• Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ohhhhh! So your spell damage is not a total of all relevant factors? It's its own independent number?

So to see his actual damage, we would have to see his tooltip or a clip of battle?

You need to know your damage value. It is determinded by your spell damage and max Magicka. Same goes to stamina and weapon damage.
    With this Max Magicka "build" my damage value would be 8166. But on this picture I had no spell power buff active. So it would be a bit more. This is not bad, but worse than a normal damage build.
    With my normal damage build, my damage value would be over 9200 currently.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

• Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For the purpose of calculating damage, 1 spell damage is worth about 10.5 Magicka and vice versa.

Edited by Xeven on November 12, 2015 2:29PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys very much, haven't had much time to apply what I've learned yet, but I can't wait
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still very confused how to stack that much magicka, the most I can get is 44k that's with

2 magicka bonuses from set gear

3 willpower jewellery with 3 arcane traits

10% racial passive

5% inner light

6% from having 3 Mages guild skills slotted

6% from undaunted.

Sword and board for extra magicka enchant.

Anything I'm missing?
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh and food buffs + mage mundus and infused armor.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys very much, haven't had much time to apply what I've learned yet, but I can't wait
    zornyan wrote: »
    I'm still very confused how to stack that much magicka, the most I can get is 44k that's with

10% racial passive

5% inner light

6% from undaunted.

Anything I'm missing?

For a sorc there is also Bound Aegis, that's another 8% right? Um, im gonna assume some great armor too... outside of that I dunno until I can look things up
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭

10% racial passive

5% inner light

6% from undaunted.

Anything I'm missing?

This would help a lot: http://esoacademy.com/sets/necropotence/
    PC | EU
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

10% racial passive

5% inner light

6% from undaunted.

Anything I'm missing?

This set also works for magicka NBs with Shade btw^^
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

10% racial passive

5% inner light

6% from undaunted.

Anything I'm missing?

That would take the 44k figure tor what? 48k?

How much raw stat is each CP worth?

As in if a build had

15k hp
    10k magicka
    10k stamina

What would the results with 500 vs 150 cp be?