Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v2.2.3

• SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    GAULSTON7 wrote: »
    FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS, BASE GAME PATCH
    Combat & Gameplay
    General
    • When using the /stuck command, you will never be charged more gold than you have available, and is now correctly reflected in the stuck confirmation window.
    Why are we being charged gold for poor game design? If I get stuck in a door, or fall through the worlds floor, how is that my fault, and why am I'm being penalized for it? ZOS, any of your competitors games don't charge gold to get unstuck, get your act together!
    @GAULSTON7 This is so that you don't exploit the system and use it for free travel. In other games, instead of having a gold cost for getting unstuck, you are penalised with an hour or more cooldown before you can get unstuck again.

So don't use /stuck at all. Just travel to a friend or a player/guildmate to re-zone. If PC and you have guild-mates get Luminary Teleporter addon to travel to a list of guildmates from main map open.
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , can you have some developers look into Ibomez's tenderizing mechanic.

I've had an issue tanking that boss where, after Ibomez tenderizes a player, they attack that player, and Ibomez seems to do this attack despite my taunt being on him. This interactions seems to be for real and is frustrating or, at the very least, not something that I fully understand.
    When he fears he purifys himself of all Damage over Time effects and etc on him, including taunts. It seems like an intended mechanic, it's not just taunt that gets thrown off of him

@Nifty2g

When exactly is the purify or what is the animation?

It isn't something that I have noticed and I want to make sure that we are talking about the same so that I can do the fight, visualize the purify, and better understand if something funny is going on or not.
    when he fears you (when you all run away) after that he knocks you on the floor, thats when he purifys himself of all effects

Okay, I'm going to have to record the next time I fight this boss. Based on this information it seems like Ibomez is queing an attack that a taunt may not be able to prevent. Is there an animation for this purification?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEFkWuiJJvU
    @0.30
    #MOREORBS
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , can you have some developers look into Ibomez's tenderizing mechanic.

I've had an issue tanking that boss where, after Ibomez tenderizes a player, they attack that player, and Ibomez seems to do this attack despite my taunt being on him. This interactions seems to be for real and is frustrating or, at the very least, not something that I fully understand.
    When he fears he purifys himself of all Damage over Time effects and etc on him, including taunts. It seems like an intended mechanic, it's not just taunt that gets thrown off of him

@Nifty2g

It isn't something that I have noticed and I want to make sure that we are talking about the same so that I can do the fight, visualize the purify, and better understand if something funny is going on or not.
    when he fears you (when you all run away) after that he knocks you on the floor, thats when he purifys himself of all effects

Okay, I'm going to have to record the next time I fight this boss. Based on this information it seems like Ibomez is queing an attack that a taunt may not be able to prevent. Is there an animation for this purification?
    @0.30

Thank you for the video.

So you mean to say that the fear is the mechanic which purifies the boss? If so, then I am confused because I still see fire ring ticking despite not being cast again until much later in the fight.

I also don't see Sasyk Ic-ce have the same issue that I have had a few times. At 36 seconds I see the boss, after being bashed out of the tenderize mechanic animation, face toward the DPS for a moment. At 37-38 seconds Sasyk taunts, but it appears as though the boss was already turning back toward them despite facing the DPS.

Based on my experience I would have expected the boss to attack one of the DPS at the 37 second mark and then go back to focusing on the tank.

I'm wondering Sasyk did indeed have a taunt on the boss still, despite being feared and knocked down. The only way I think to figure this out will be to do it a few times with just the goal of seeing how Ibomez is acting under taunts that are put on them at different times. It could be that I am just consistently making a mistake, but unfortunately I don't really know anyone interested in doing ICP so I can't really test my theory about the queing up of attacks.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Nifty2g

@0.30

Thank you for the video.

So you mean to say that the fear is the mechanic which purifies the boss? If so, then I am confused because I still see fire ring ticking despite not being cast again until much later in the fight.

I also don't see Sasyk Ic-ce have the same issue that I have had a few times. At 36 seconds I see the boss, after being bashed out of the tenderize mechanic animation, face toward the DPS for a moment. At 37-38 seconds Sasyk taunts, but it appears as though the boss was already turning back toward them despite facing the DPS.

Based on my experience I would have expected the boss to attack one of the DPS at the 37 second mark and then go back to focusing on the tank.

I'm wondering Sasyk did indeed have a taunt on the boss still, despite being feared and knocked down. The only way I think to figure this out will be to do it a few times with just the goal of seeing how Ibomez is acting under taunts that are put on them at different times. It could be that I am just consistently making a mistake, but unfortunately I don't really know anyone interested in doing ICP so I can't really test my theory about the queing up of attacks.
    boss gets auto agro (hatred) on whoever is pinned; tank was pinned
    #MOREORBS
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

@Nifty2g

@0.30

Thank you for the video.

boss gets auto agro (hatred) on whoever is pinned; tank was pinned

Interesting
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Weapons
    • Dual Wield
      • Twin Blade and Blunt:
        • Updated the tooltip to clarify the conditions of each bonus. For example, having a sword equipped increases damage on all attacks, not just basic attacks or skills from this ability line.
        • Adjusted the axe bonus so the bleed damage is increased, but now has a lower proc chance. This fixes an issue where, previously, the bleed was not dealing damage because it was being reapplied too quickly.
        • The sword bonus no longer grants a percent bonus to Weapon Damage and Spell Damage (a change that was made for the Imperial City update). It once again modifies all damage as a direct bonus.
    • Two Handed
      • Heavy Weapons:
        • Updated the tooltip to clarify the conditions of each bonus. For example, having a sword equipped increases damage on all attacks, not just basic attacks or skills from this ability line.
        • Adjusted the axe bonus so the bleed damage is increased, but now has a lower proc chance. This fixes an issue where previously the bleed was not dealing damage because it was being reapplied too quickly.

@ZOS_GinaBruno, can we get some sort of explanation/reasoning from the combat team why the DW and 2H passives apply to all attacks, while for example the destro passives like Penetrating Magic (10% extra spell penetration) or Destruction Expert (Restores [x] Magicka when you kill a target) only apply to destruction staff skills?

First, you nerfed the chance to proc elemental effects while "standardising" them with this change..
    Standardized the chance an ability has to apply a secondary effect, such as burning, chilled, or concussed. These chances are:
    • Weapon enchants 20%
    • Standard ability 10%
    • Area of effect abilities 5%
    • Damage over time abilities 3%
    • Area of effect damage over time abilities 1%

...which also was a direct nerf to the Elemental Force destro passive since that used to buff by 15% additive instead of multiplicative.

You also nerfed Penetrating Magic which used to offer 5k flat penetration and now it's 10%. Which is half what Maul or 2 Maces provide (20%) and even on 30k resistance targets it offers far less penetration (3k) than provided previously (5k). And remember this bonus applies only to destro attacks to begin with, not all attacks.

Like, what gives? Why are the passives of the destro staves so lackluster compared to melee weapon passives and why do they apply only to destro skills? Is it because destro staves are best for PvE DPS due to light attack weaving or what?

Because in PvP using any melee weapon offers far more benefits to your spell casting than a destro staff. Both due to higher base weapon/spell damage and due to passives applying to all skills. With Impulse and WoE nerfed to the ground, Force Shock is the only widely used ability from that tree in and the passives offer basically 0 bonuses to the caster.

Is it possible to get some of the reasoning behind this, because from where I'm standing it simply does not compute. Can we standardise some things along weapon passives? Like Penetrating Magic providing similar penetration bonus with its melee counterparts and also applying that across all attacks?
    Edited by Maulkin on November 2, 2015 4:48PM
    EU | PC | AD
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just really don't understand why the new dungeons are getting nerfed again. They were at a perfect spot. Many, many players were finally starting to get them down and complete them, and you nerf them again. It's unnecessary. This is why people have no clue how to play this game. Eck.

Probably because no one ever does them. I've been wanting to run Vet ICP and WGT but can never find a group for them, pledge or no.
    Invictus
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [*]Using the following abilities will now cause your weapon to unsheathe:
    • Conjured Ward
    • Grim Focus
    • Poison Mist
    • Solar Prison

I've been trying out Conjured Ward after this change. it feels very wrong the animation stutters when it works but 9 times out of 10 causes my character to glitch out hard core. some real Amityville level: i'm coming apart!, oh mother of god i'm coming apart!!! type glitches.

EDIT: After time spent playing with these changes. I've determined they bring nothing to gameplay other than an annoyance and the animation is not smooth to look at. why did you add these changes again?.
    Edited by Lucky28 on November 24, 2015 10:55PM
    Invictus
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do we ever get another copy of NA characters on PTS before there is another PTS patch for new content?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SpAEkus wrote: »
    Do we ever get another copy of NA characters on PTS before there is another PTS patch for new content?
    Probably, but hopefully not imminently as I'm in the middle of testing quest chain requirements for UESP and don't want to lose that progress :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good to hear at least, not a rush @ZOS_GinaBruno.

Just to know there's a chance is fine, as I expected they wouldn't even bother after going Live. I still have some crafting data to do as well and won't waste expensive materials on Live.
    Edited by SpAEkus on November 19, 2015 4:40PM
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    wrong thread
    Edited by CP5 on November 19, 2015 7:52PM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SpAEkus wrote: »
    Good to hear at least, not a rush @ZOS_GinaBruno.

Just to know there's a chance is fine, as I expected they wouldn't even bother after going Live. I still have some crafting data to do as well and won't waste expensive materials on Live.
    Yeah, well, no promises of course but it has happened before. If they decide to patch PTS up to a more recent Live build, they may do a new copy then.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp