Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v2.2.3

• Suru
    Suru
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »
    There is also a distinction between challenging in a good and in a bad way.

its like they don't like tanks but want tanky DPS

You hating on my leeching set ? >(
    Edited by Suru on October 26, 2015 9:19PM

Suru
  • Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dymence wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

What happened with the Veteran Maelstrom Arena leaderboards this patch? I don't see anything about it in the patch notes, but the scoring system has changed tremendously from the previous patch.

My best on the last version was a time of 1h3m14s with 2 deaths and that gave me a score of roughly 629,000.

Now I just completed another run which was much better than that run. I completed it in 59 minutes with also 2 deaths, identical sigil use (but the penalty for using sigils should be less now, anyways) and I only got a score of roughly 303,000.

What gives?

From the patch notes, highlighted NOT:
    Decreased the amount of points awarded for not taking power ups during Veteran Maelstrom Arena.

Edited by Soleya on October 26, 2015 9:47PM
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

What happened with the Veteran Maelstrom Arena leaderboards this patch? I don't see anything about it in the patch notes, but the scoring system has changed tremendously from the previous patch.

My best on the last version was a time of 1h3m14s with 2 deaths and that gave me a score of roughly 629,000.

Now I just completed another run which was much better than that run. I completed it in 59 minutes with also 2 deaths, identical sigil use (but the penalty for using sigils should be less now, anyways) and I only got a score of roughly 303,000.

What gives?

Decreased the amount of points awarded for not taking power ups during Veteran Maelstrom Arena.

Yes, that's what I said. The penalty for using sigils is less now. What was your point, again? Or do you mean to say that all those sigils I never used gave me a bonus of 300k points?
    Edited by Dymence on October 26, 2015 9:56PM
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this patch, which is approximately 6.7GB in size

woah, 6.7gb? ahah yea no testing from me gg
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

What gives?

Yes, that's what I said. The penalty for using sigils is less now. What was your point, again? Or do you mean to say that all those sigils I never used gave me a bonus of 300k points?

Decreased the amount of points for NOT using sigils.
    Is not the same as
    Decreased the amount of penalty for using sigils.

If you used the same number of sigils, you receive less points per round than before the patch.
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Suru wrote: »
    Wing wrote: »
    There is also a distinction between challenging in a good and in a bad way.

its like they don't like tanks but want tanky DPS

You hating on my leeching set ? >(

not at all, though I would hate on the fact that its prohibitively hard to get and is locked both behind a pay wall and a tiny RNG drop chance. ^_^
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just really don't understand why the new dungeons are getting nerfed again. They were at a perfect spot. Many, many players were finally starting to get them down and complete them, and you nerf them again. It's unnecessary. This is why people have no clue how to play this game. Eck.

I agree. Both of the dungeons are at a point where completing them is relatively easy, even in less than the best gear, if you understand and do the mechanics. This nerf is probably going to put them at a point where doing the mechanics is optional.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just really don't understand why the new dungeons are getting nerfed again. They were at a perfect spot. Many, many players were finally starting to get them down and complete them, and you nerf them again. It's unnecessary. This is why people have no clue how to play this game. Eck.

ZOS probably more reliable data than you for determining what "many, many players" means...

The game's system will naturally lead you to interact with people who play more or less at the same level and the same rhythm as you. If most of your contacts and friends in the game have completed these dungeons, you might have the impression that "many, many players" can do it. But that's far from reality. Just like some players get the impression that everyone has 600Cp or that average single-target DPS is currently 20K . Hell no , it isn't !

• Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well, take the Flesh Sculptor for instance. People have shown not to want to perform mechanics.

As much as it is good and dandy if players can burn through the Flesh Sculptor, the last 3 separate groups I've been a part of failed against him and really only wanted to do the burn strategy. This reminded me quite a bit why I hate Hel-Ra now. Groups got to the point where they didn't want to perform hard mode mechanics, but a result of this was performing a riskier strategy that had to be attempted over and over. For as much as people clamor for mechanics, I really don't see the respect for said mechanics that have finally been made.

Really, I don't blame people for not wanting to perform mechanics. Now that mechanics are tied to interacting with objects, fights became very clunky at times. There are also cases of mechanics just being, in my opinion, poorly designed.

Look at the Adjudicator. I greatly dislike how the boss can turn around, aggro free, and have a decent chance at killing another player while I am tanking. Now look at the Harvester that spawns during the Overfiend fight. That Harvester has a lethal attack, but can be interrupted to prevent said attack. Both harvesters have mechanics that keep players on their toes, but the Adjudicator is far more punishing, doesn't give as much of a chance to prevent damage, and introduces RNG to the fight because of how it's attack bounces off walls and back towards players. I just don't get the vision behind this aggro free attack.

The Adjudicator is an easy fight as well, but because of being easy it better highlights poor design choices. The last time I was teleported into one of that bosses cages, I couldn't use the synergy to open up the lock picking mini-game. I stood there like an idiot until a friend came over who then claimed to be out of lock picks. The boss isn't threatening except for when it's mechanics don't work.

Seriously, what were they thinking when they made these botched up mechanics? I have the same thoughts with Ibomez, the Planar Inhibitor, and now Maelstrom Arena rounds. Maybe mechanics have an important part in this game (they do), but why are we getting so many clunky mechanics?
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • NativeJoe
    NativeJoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree. Both of the dungeons are at a point where completing them is relatively easy, even in less than the best gear, if you understand and do the mechanics. This nerf is probably going to put them at a point where doing the mechanics is optional.

Idk about u. but me and my DPS friend both pull 25k single target dps each over a minute and a half. But we cannot, pass the first boss of either WGT or imperial prison x.x we've been in 20-30 pugs, all fail miserably. flurries smash through the tank and healer or our healer gets put in the cage,and we're left screaming in TS "RUN! AND REZ". I have a little over 4000 spell power and 44k magic, he has 37k stamina and 4700 weapon power. I *think* we're geared enough to "Start" trying... but we failed to even get close pre-orsinium... and we've tried everything I can think of.

We each have a little over 260 cp , and the "cake walk" and "optional mechanics" seems like a really really far fetched idea to me. we both have 130 ping, and are rocking at 60 fps, And nothing is "easy" at all... at this point in time... the stealth buff to all dungeons in the game is making even "regular" dungeons a bit of a hassle. (several bosses will now one shot the group with a burst aoe that does 19-32k damage to everyone that isn't blocking or in the process of a roll dodge) VCOA is pretty challenging too...Valk and the adds bend over everyone.

IDk, maybe I just suck, which seems like a great possibility when compared to an elitist with perfect gear like yourself with reliable, fantastic groups~with no fps/ping issues that have sorted out their builds and invested a million+ gold into their gear and setups.

And before you say L2P, and stop standing in the red. We don't stand in red, we pack tri pots and roll dodge/block quite a bit, and are competent enough players to reach the top 100 Azura players each month. (top 50 of our class too) and have been doing pledges every single night like clock work for the past 3 months.
    Edited by NativeJoe on October 26, 2015 11:15PM
    650cp+ Sorcerer 100+ days /played
    Broken'Stick North American Server
    https://www.twitch.tv/trixytricks
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , can you have some developers look into Ibomez's tenderizing mechanic.

I've had an issue tanking that boss where, after Ibomez tenderizes a player, they attack that player, and Ibomez seems to do this attack despite my taunt being on him. This interactions seems to be for real and is frustrating or, at the very least, not something that I fully understand.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, take the Flesh Sculptor for instance. People have shown not to want to perform mechanics.

As much as it is good and dandy if players can burn through the Flesh Sculptor, the last 3 separate groups I've been a part of failed against him and really only wanted to do the burn strategy. This reminded me quite a bit why I hate Hel-Ra now. Groups got to the point where they didn't want to perform hard mode mechanics, but a result of this was performing a riskier strategy that had to be attempted over and over. For as much as people clamor for mechanics, I really don't see the respect for said mechanics that have finally been made.

Really, I don't blame people for not wanting to perform mechanics. Now that mechanics are tied to interacting with objects, fights became very clunky at times. There are also cases of mechanics just being, in my opinion, poorly designed.

Look at the Adjudicator. I greatly dislike how the boss can turn around, aggro free, and have a decent chance at killing another player while I am tanking. Now look at the Harvester that spawns during the Overfiend fight. That Harvester has a lethal attack, but can be interrupted to prevent said attack. Both harvesters have mechanics that keep players on their toes, but the Adjudicator is far more punishing, doesn't give as much of a chance to prevent damage, and introduces RNG to the fight because of how it's attack bounces off walls and back towards players. I just don't get the vision behind this aggro free attack.

The Adjudicator is an easy fight as well, but because of being easy it better highlights poor design choices. The last time I was teleported into one of that bosses cages, I couldn't use the synergy to open up the lock picking mini-game. I stood there like an idiot until a friend came over who then claimed to be out of lock picks. The boss isn't threatening except for when it's mechanics don't work.

Seriously, what were they thinking when they made these botched up mechanics? I have the same thoughts with Ibomez, the Planar Inhibitor, and now Maelstrom Arena rounds. Maybe mechanics have an important part in this game (they do), but why are we getting so many clunky mechanics?

In HelRa it makes sense to push the mechanics because you get an awesome leadboard score if you get a good time. In Imperial City Prison, you potentially waste a ton of time and get a one time achievement, which can be achieved without doing the burn strat. The hilarious part is that doing the mechanics is so much easier once you learn them.

People not wanting to do the flesh sculptor mechanics is not a good reason to make the mechanics optional. If people want to find alternate ways to get around the mechanics they can do that, but the developers should not actively make it easier for them to do that. All of that said, a lot of people seem to have issues with this fight, so I could live with a nerf specifically to this encounter. However, I don't really see the need to apply an across the board difficulty nerf to entirety of both dungeons.

I've seen enough of your posts to know how you feel about wanting to "tank" everything. Is it really that big of an issue that at certain intervals the adjudicator shoots an attack at players that they can just move out of the way of or block? Without that mechanic, players would literally just stand in place and dps while occasionally opening a cage. I don't really understand your point in bringing up bugs with the cages being bugged. If there are bugs they should be fixed, but that doesn't justify nerfs. I also don't get having an issue with the planar inhibitor. It can be summed up as: Hit the pinion at the appropriate intervals, kill your portals when your screen changes color, and apply mild to vigorous dps to the boss.

• Xjcon
    Xjcon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , can you have some developers look into Ibomez's tenderizing mechanic.

I've had an issue tanking that boss where, after Ibomez tenderizes a player, they attack that player, and Ibomez seems to do this attack despite my taunt being on him. This interactions seems to be for real and is frustrating or, at the very least, not something that I fully understand.

Ibomez resets his aggro after he tenderizes some one. Doesn't matter if your addon says you have aggro.
    Briza Do'urdenx V16 Dunmer DK
    Jcon V16 Orc DK
    Vierna Do'urdenx V16 Bosmer NB
    Jarlaxle Baenrex V16 Dunmer NB
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Xjcon wrote: »

Ibomez resets his aggro after he tenderizes some one. Doesn't matter if your addon says you have aggro.

Certainly add-ons don't have any baring on aggro. I am used to them not working with taunts.

I think that not only does Ibomez reset aggro, but also is able to que an attack on a player before paying attention to a fresh taunt. I think this is the case even if Ibomez is taunted toward the end of it's tenderizing mechanic.
    Don't tank

• Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it really that big of an issue that at certain intervals the adjudicator shoots an attack at players that they can just move out of the way of or block? Without that mechanic, players would literally just stand in place and dps while occasionally opening a cage.

yes, it is an issue, a very big one actually, and the same problem is in various other points in the game and this is one of the reasons a game like Dark Souls can be so hard but so much fun yet a game like ESO cannot be hard and fun.

monsters following the same mechanics as players!

this is the problem with things like agony and petrify, things like blind back in the day (it was removed from the game) etc. is that anything you want to use it on is immune, and anything worth using it on is trash and you should just kill.

this is actually a big problem.

if holding agro is such a problem mechanic to the point that you have to make attacks or monsters that are immune to it you not only make an entire person / group / playstyles useless (the tank, if the boss cannot be taunted just be a dps then) then it stands to reason that this mechanic is a problem other places as well.

a game can be difficult and challenging as well as hard as long as everyone is playing under the same mechanics, if not then its punishing, seriously watch the video I linked earlier.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Harvesting
    Potency Runes found in Wrothgar and Cyrodiil will now rarely produce the Veteran Rank 16 potency runestones Repora and Itade. These will only appear if you possess the skills required to craft with them.

What about the Hakeijo Prismatic Essence runes? Are we going to see those in Orsinium as well @ZOS_GinaBruno?
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

In HelRa it makes sense to push the mechanics because you get an awesome leadboard score if you get a good time. In Imperial City Prison, you potentially waste a ton of time and get a one time achievement, which can be achieved without doing the burn strat. The hilarious part is that doing the mechanics is so much easier once you learn them.

People not wanting to do the flesh sculptor mechanics is not a good reason to make the mechanics optional. If people want to find alternate ways to get around the mechanics they can do that, but the developers should not actively make it easier for them to do that. All of that said, a lot of people seem to have issues with this fight, so I could live with a nerf specifically to this encounter. However, I don't really see the need to apply an across the board difficulty nerf to entirety of both dungeons.

I've seen enough of your posts to know how you feel about wanting to "tank" everything. Is it really that big of an issue that at certain intervals the adjudicator shoots an attack at players that they can just move out of the way of or block? Without that mechanic, players would literally just stand in place and dps while occasionally opening a cage. I don't really understand your point in bringing up bugs with the cages being bugged. If there are bugs they should be fixed, but that doesn't justify nerfs. I also don't get having an issue with the planar inhibitor. It can be summed up as: Hit the pinion at the appropriate intervals, kill your portals when your screen changes color, and apply mild to vigorous dps to the boss.

Hey @timidobserver , thank you for taking the time to respond.

I agree that getting rid of mechanics just because people don't want to do them isn't necessarily the correct thing to do. There is some more nuance though to this issue though. It doesn't just stop at people not wanting to do mechanics. There is a reason that people don't want to do mechanics and I think it is because, in particular with the button press mechanics, that they aren't super responsive or fun.

I certainly do want to tank everything and even if the Adjudicator isn't a big issue, which it is not, the direction with aggro free abilities can lead to fights not being enjoyable. Just look at my discussion in this thread about one of the Flesh Sculptors aggro free abilities - it drives me a bit wild that his tenderize is sort of broken from a tanking perspective.

Yes, if the Adjudicators attack which we are discussing was not aggro free, then players would just stand still for most of the fight. That being said, just because the Adjudicator has this mechanic doesn't mean that it couldn't have been a more compelling one, and also doesn't really say much about what tanks are to do during the fight. Maybe the DPS have to slightly move now, but a tank really isn't needed against the Adjudicator at all. Besides the one mechanic in question, this boss really doesn't have high damaging attacks for the tank to care about. That is part of my problem with the Planar Inhibitor fight as well - a tank just isn't super valuable or able to contribute that much to the boss encounter.

Certainly bugs should be fixed and what I mean to say by bringing them up is that this specific type button press mechanic is prone to causing frustration because it is inherently buggy. I've had players that claim to have issues with the Flesh Sculptor goo balls as well; they can't pick them up, can't aim them, and get really frustrated. I wish that I could contribute more to throwing those goo balls, but this button press also causes me to drop block for a split second and has caused my death on more than one occasion.
    Edited by Personofsecrets on October 27, 2015 1:30AM
    Don't tank

• Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

What gives?

Decreased the amount of points for NOT using sigils.
    Is not the same as
    Decreased the amount of penalty for using sigils.

If you used the same number of sigils, you receive less points per round than before the patch.

Yeah I got it, but from my testing previously, not taking the sigils didn't grant you much more points than time did. In light of this I find it extremely hard to believe that a slight nerf to the bonus points granted per sigil not used would make for a 330k~ point loss. That's over half of the score.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Hey @timidobserver , thank you for taking the time to respond.

I agree that getting rid of mechanics just because people don't want to do them isn't necessarily the correct thing to do. There is some more nuance though to this issue though. It doesn't just stop at people not wanting to do mechanics. There is a reason that people don't want to do mechanics and I think it is because, in particular with the button press mechanics, that they aren't super responsive or fun.

I certainly do want to tank everything and even if the Adjudicator isn't a big issue, which it is not, the direction with aggro free abilities can lead to fights not being enjoyable. Just look at my discussion in this thread about one of the Flesh Sculptors aggro free abilities - it drives me a bit wild that his tenderize is sort of broken from a tanking perspective.

Yes, if the Adjudicators attack which we are discussing was not aggro free, then players would just stand still for most of the fight. That being said, just because the Adjudicator has this mechanic doesn't mean that it couldn't have been a more compelling one, and also doesn't really say much about what tanks are to do during the fight. Maybe the DPS have to slightly move now, but a tank really isn't needed against the Adjudicator at all. Besides, the one mechanic in question, this boss really doesn't have high damaging attacks for the tank to care about. That is part of my problem with the Planar Inhibitor fight as well - a tank just isn't super valuable or able to contribute that much to the boss encounter.

Certainly bugs should be fixed and what I mean to say by bringing them up is that this specific type button press mechanic is prone to causing frustration because it is inherently buggy. I've had players that claim to have issues with the Flesh Sculptor goo balls as well; they can't pick them up, can't aim them, and get really frustrated. I wish that I could contribute more to throwing those goo balls, but this button press also causes me to drop block for a split second and has caused my death on more than one occasion.

I actually think that the Flesh Sculptor and Planar Inhibitor mechanics are awesome and fun. Maybe it is because I've been playing this game since beta, so a departure from the usual tank and spank mechanics was nice. It gives people something more to than than salivate over their DPS meter.

I do not think the aggro loss on the Flesh Sculptor is legitimate mechanic. I suspect that the aggro drop is a bug whereas the Adjudicator and Planar Inhibitor are intentional.

I've seen people have issues throwing the goo balls if they don't stand directly in the center of it. Even if you are slightly off it may cause you not to get the synergy. I've never seen anyone that stands directly in the center not get the synergy.

You can be more active with the goo balls. There is a phase where the boss turns green and channels. You can throw them during that phase.

• Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yea, I'm not sure if the aggro drop is intended either. I just hope to express that when the developers explore how a fight can be designed by adding new mechanics that said mechanics don't have some of the issues we have been discussing (dropped aggro, not able to use synergy, no lock picks, etc).

Thank you for the Flesh Sculptor suggestion. I usually am able to throw a ball or two during that phase.
    Don't tank

• Pangnirtung
    Pangnirtung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can only laugh when I read about people complaining that this or that was nerfed and making the game too easy.

Remember this is an MMORPG. That means that the game will be too easy for some and too hard for others but that somewhere in the middle a sweet spot that pleases or satisfies the majority.

• Gelassenheit
    Gelassenheit
    ✭✭

I completely agree with this! The first boss of vWGT is nearly soloable, even with sub-optimal gear. Hell, even the entirety of vWGT can be heal-tanked in a mix of V1, V12, and V15 purple gear with 3 DPS pulling ~12k, all in under 30 minutes. Getting a mix of lower level gear at the purple quality is incredibly easy to do -- if you play the game for a solid afternoon you can get all the required materials (or money) to craft (or buy) it. Pulling ~12k DPS isn't super high either. There are tons of builds out there that can get those numbers, and they don't require much in the way of gear.

I really believe that there is no reason to nerf these dungeons even more, by any amount.
  • NativeJoe
    NativeJoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I completely agree with this! The first boss of vWGT is nearly soloable, even with sub-optimal gear. Hell, even the entirety of vWGT can be heal-tanked in a mix of V1, V12, and V15 purple gear with 3 DPS pulling ~12k, all in under 30 minutes. Getting a mix of lower level gear at the purple quality is incredibly easy to do -- if you play the game for a solid afternoon you can get all the required materials (or money) to craft (or buy) it. Pulling ~12k DPS isn't super high either. There are tons of builds out there that can get those numbers, and they don't require much in the way of gear.

I really believe that there is no reason to nerf these dungeons even more, by any amount.

are you lying? exploiting? or what? o.o I've spent hours trying to get past the first bosses in these dungeons, and hundreds of thousands of gold. 20+ attempts with various groups... Me and my friend are always the last to die, and we both pull 14-27k dps over the entire duration. unless EVERY group we've tried has been incompetent vr 16's with green level 40 gear I just don't see how u can be saying this...
    650cp+ Sorcerer 100+ days /played
    Broken'Stick North American Server
    https://www.twitch.tv/trixytricks
  • kuscoe
    kuscoe
    ✭✭✭
    NativeJoe wrote: »

are you lying? exploiting? or what? o.o I've spent hours trying to get past the first bosses in these dungeons, and hundreds of thousands of gold. 20+ attempts with various groups... Me and my friend are always the last to die, and we both pull 14-27k dps over the entire duration. unless EVERY group we've tried has been incompetent vr 16's with green level 40 gear I just don't see how u can be saying this...

Its likely a strategic issue that or the other two people you are running with really are in essence bringing the group down if you are actually pulling a consisten 15k+ dps these dungeons shouldnt be extremely hard
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The sword bonus no longer grants a percent bonus to Weapon Damage and Spell Damage (a change that was made for the Imperial City update). It once again modifies all damage as a direct bonus.

Anyone have an idea what this means for magicka builds that use dual wield?
    Heaven.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NativeJoe wrote: »

He's either lying or just bragging. I noticed that (some) very good players like to pretend that these instances are easy. Just in order for less good players to feel soooo bad about themselves.

That said, there are a couple of things that could help you in your situation, from what you wrote :
    - "various groups" => I learned that in those instances, coordination and communication are absolute keys. That doesn't only mean TeamSpeak, that means practicing with the same people and learning to communicate with very little words and A LOT of accuracy. There's no room for mistakes, no room for guessing and no room for hesitation in there.
    - It looks like you and your friends are the DPS and your "PUGed" members are healer + tank. Remember that these instances are much more challenging for healer and tank - they're both required to do things they normally don't have to do and they must adapt a lot, while you as DPS just have to do the usual job you're always doing.
    - It's definitely easier with ranged DPS. Melee struggle more, have less options, must react even quicker.
    - Everyone must adapt their bars in order to use Harness Magicka. Well, actually it's not a "must" BUT unless you know all boss behaviours by heart and react quickly enough to dodge the attacks, harness magicka is a must. It allows for more mistakes, it gives you more time to react. These attacks do more damage than a healer could ever heal, especially on planar inhibitor, if the healer is busy with the portals. Again here, magicka players have it easier, since their shields are MUCH more effective than stamina players.
    - Most trash groups are tough and have a powerful healer. Focusing on healer first before AOEing the rest is the key (alternatively, interrupt the healer constantly).

Just a few tips and tricks, and don't let yourself intimidate by people who pretend it's easy. It's not.
    Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on October 27, 2015 8:51AM
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    F7sus4 wrote: »
    The sword bonus no longer grants a percent bonus to Weapon Damage and Spell Damage (a change that was made for the Imperial City update). It once again modifies all damage as a direct bonus.

Heaven.

You need to use flurry to proc the extra (387 x 2=) 774 weapon and spell dmg, this will put a big drain on your stamina pool as a magicka build because you need to cast Flurry every 4 seconds to get the buff.

It will be very very strong for stam builds with Flurry and Steel Tornado, not looking forward to this set in pvp..
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    F7sus4 wrote: »

Heaven.

You need to use flurry to proc the extra (387 x 2=) 774 weapon and spell dmg, this will put a big drain on your stamina pool as a magicka build because you need to cast Flurry every 4 seconds to get the buff.

It will be very very strong for stam builds with Flurry and Steel Tornado, not looking forward to this set in pvp..

1.) You are talking about the bonus on axes and daggers.
    2.) The damage granted is much higher (haven't logged in yet, Xsorus said 3715 or sth).
    3.) Each dagger/axe gives a stacking chance of 50% to activate the buff when you use Flurry. The damage granted does not stack.
    4.) The buff works only on single target DoTs, thus has nothing to do with Steel Tornado. Also, ZOS doesn't want it to work on channels, though it currently does (for example on the DoT component of Flurry itself).

I also think the buff works only on the next DoT you use, not every DoT for a short time. I haven't tested this though.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • ArchGrizzlyOp
    ArchGrizzlyOp
    ✭✭
    Seriously, you are nerfing Imperial Prison and WGT again? Didn't you already nerf it once? Why do you keep nerfing it?

What can you say? They love to NERF Stuff.
    Guild Leader for Brotherhood of Blood, North American Server, Xbox one.

Apply to join is today - http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/229042/brotherhood-of-blood-is-recruiting-pvp-pve-rp?new=1

"Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?"
    -- Fadomai
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When he fears he purifys himself of all Damage over Time effects and etc on him, including taunts. It seems like an intended mechanic, it's not just taunt that gets thrown off of him
    Edited by Nifty2g on October 27, 2015 12:02PM
    #MOREORBS