Maintenance for the week of July 1:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The Xbox Live™ service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

Loading Screens, an update

• Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wheeeee!!!!!

I cannot tell you how MUCH this has made my day!!! :)

I came back to the game after having left in late May, in early October and noticed how bad it was - and I have been literally doing whatever I could to avoid load screens lol.
    Edited by Islyn on November 12, 2015 9:53AM
    Options
  • Tors
    Tors
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tengri wrote: »
    Well, that's what one gets if you complete every *** quest on every *** char...

Or just played since beta :smile:

Ironic that the issue hit those most likely to totally love the game, hence the amount of bad feeling over it.

Could be described as the "Fan Boy Virus"
    Better late Than Pregnant....
    The shadow cabinet, a group of people who pretend to have jobs they do not actually have

EU PC - Azura's Star
    Decimation Elite - Raid Jester
    Options
  • NinjaApacHe
    NinjaApacHe
    ✭✭✭✭
    This issue will be fixed after the next loading screen..... xD
    CP 2120+Lord Yakhin- Magicka NB - High Elf - DC Jack Templar - Stamina Templar - Dark Elf - DC Darth Morbius - Stamina Sorcerer - Dark Elf - DC Bloody Merril - Stamina Vampire NB - Redguard - DC Master Kun - Stamina DK - Redguard - DC Exarch Kun - Magicka Vampire NB - High Elf - DC Ace Bollah - Stamina Warden - Dark Elf - DC Icy Jack - Stamina Warden - Nord - DC Prior Tedas - Stamina NB - High Elf - DC 10 traits Woodworker - lvl 50 Enchanter - lvl 50 Alchemist - 10 traits Clothier & Smither - 10 traits jewelcrafterProud member of the Band of Daggers - www.bandofdaggers.eu
    Options
  • Belidos
    Belidos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tors wrote: »

I dont know where they communicated this stuff, but as no-one has jumped in with a link I guess its in their safe zone, Reddit. Where they can safely post stuff without it being official.

It was talked about on a twitch episode by Rich and clarified by Gina in response to a post in this forum about a month ago.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2343536/#Comment_2343536
    Assuming we're looking at the same episode, it was never promised that the loading screens would be fixed with the latest patch. Our Creative Director Rich Lambert stated that we had fixed some things that were leading to long loading screens, and also recently put in some tracking on the backend to gather additional data to help us further diagnose the issue. It's something we're still looking into and continue to investigate, but the loading screens you run into shouldn't be as long as they were when Imperial City first launched.

As I said they have told us stuff, but it's getting lost among other posts, they really need to learn to make read only sticky threads with updates to issues like this.

Just some friendly advice for @ZOS_GinaBruno :D

Edited by Belidos on November 12, 2015 10:01AM
    Options
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scyantific wrote: »
    Yeah there's no way this is related to number of quests completed, unless the threshold is hilariously low or it's taking into account all quests completed throughout all characters at the same time.

My magicka sorc (main character since launch) has completed hundreds of quests and the load times on that one are the same length as my second sorc (a character I made about 3 months ago), with absolutely zero quests completed.

It's the same with my DK, NB, and Templar. The only quests they've completed on them are Main/FG/MG/CH/Cads Silver and their load times are just as bad as my main.

sooo... inb4 the "fix" doesn't fix anything

I hope you are not right...

Unless anyone can post a CV or any other relevant proof that backs up their baseless opinions I would take anything they say with a Siberian salt mine. Just saying, consider the source. :)
    Options
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey guys, we finally have an update for you on this issue. As we've mentioned previously, in the past few patches we've been adding code to the backend to track this issue and give us more data. We're happy to let you know that we have a fix going into Monday's PC incremental patch that should fix the long loading screens - turns out it was tied to anyone that had completed a lot of quests.

Thanks for staying patient with us while we tracked this one down!

Can you please explain why character view goes from first person to third person every time I go through a zone that requires a loading screen?

That's only happened since the latest patch.

Another thing that has changed is the way you drop out from your inventory back into first person view - it now goes through third person, zooming in on the back of the character's head to pull you back into first person view. Very disconcerting.
    Options
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »
    If ZOS can pull this off, they'll finally restore some of my confidence in them and this game. Hope it works! *fingers crossed*

You do realize that ZOS caused this issue in the first place, right? Load times were never this bad before IC.

You do realize that there's an "if" starting the very post you're quoting, right? And that I've been quite vocal about the serious issues in the game? That doesn't change the fact that if ZOS are able to solve one of the most serious issues, they'll be scoring some points in my tab.

I understand and I meant no offense but why give them points for fixing an issue that wasn't a problem before they caused it? When someone dents your car in an accident do they score points for having insurance to pay for the repair of the damage they caused?

At the same time why continue to neg everyone out as much as possible?

Time to move on.

Also, if you keep making that face, it'll stick like that.
    Options
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys, we finally have an update for you on this issue. As we've mentioned previously, in the past few patches we've been adding code to the backend to track this issue and give us more data. We're happy to let you know that we have a fix going into Monday's PC incremental patch that should fix the long loading screens - turns out it was tied to anyone that had completed a lot of quests.

Can you please explain why character view goes from first person to third person every time I go through a zone that requires a loading screen?

Another thing that has changed is the way you drop out from your inventory back into first person view - it now goes through third person, zooming in on the back of the character's head to pull you back into first person view. Very disconcerting.

CAN YOU PLEASE start a new thread?

This is too long and too crazy already.

Just make a new thread about different issues.

Also, use /bug A LOT.
    Options
  • Tors
    Tors
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks @Belidos, If I had seen that snippet things would have been much easier to put up with.

Ill quote that info now (not sure If we are allowed to cross quote on the forums, but whatever)

Assuming we're looking at the same episode, it was never promised that the loading screens would be fixed with the latest patch. Our Creative Director Rich Lambert stated that we had fixed some things that were leading to long loading screens, and also recently put in some tracking on the backend to gather additional data to help us further diagnose the issue. It's something we're still looking into and continue to investigate, but the loading screens you run into shouldn't be as long as they were when Imperial City first launched.

Anyway, I can't wait till Tuesday (am assuming the US gets the patch Monday and EU on Tuesday)
    The shadow cabinet, a group of people who pretend to have jobs they do not actually have

EU PC - Azura's Star
    Options
  • Mirelurk
    Mirelurk
    ✭✭✭✭
    I guess the downside to the euphoria is if they have lied to us again ... we will see.
    Knights of Nirn | Daggerfall Covenant | PC | NA server

Swamplurk | V16 | Breton | Sorceror
    Morass | V16 | Breton | Templar
    Knightmire | V16 | Imperial | Dragonknight
    Catagory | V9 | Khajit | Nightblade

Options
  • Alphashado
    Alphashado
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    After reading the latest update on this thread from Gina, I went and checked the loading screen times on my low level alts compared to my V16s. The load times are definately longer on characters that have done a lot of quests... so they might be on to something.
    Options
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe consider starting a new thread?

This is too long and too crazy already.

Just make a new thread about different issues.

Also, use /bug A LOT to help get bugs sent to the right place.
    Options
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well lets see here, these long loading screens started on August 31st with the IPC DLC release.

Here we are on November 12th, over 2 months later........this should have been a priority fix the day the IPC released...

Edited by RinaldoGandolphi on November 12, 2015 2:16PM
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

Options
  • Artheiron
    Artheiron
    ✭✭✭
    Loading screen durations are indeed longer than other mmos but it's ok. The issue is really long (+5 mins/ssd/high end pc) and sometimes even infinite loading screens randomly appear. Especially when you leave cyrodiil, switch to another campain and return back to cyrodiil. When I alt f4 the game before re-entering cyrodiil usually fixes this for me temporarily.
    Options
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well lets see here, these long loading screens started on August 31st with the IPC DLC release.

Here we are on November 12th, over 2 months later........this should have been a priority fix the day the IPC released...
    Dude, no point arguing that. Nobody's saying ZOS isn't responsible for ignoring or failing to fix the issue for 2 months, but they've just announced that it might be fixed in a few days. Let's be glad with that and, if they don't deliver, then we can rant again.
    Artheiron wrote: »
    Loading screen durations are indeed longer than other mmos but it's ok. The issue is really long (+5 mins/ssd/high end pc) and sometimes even infinite loading screens randomly appear. Especially when you leave cyrodiil, switch to another campain and return back to cyrodiil. When I alt f4 the game before re-entering cyrodiil usually fixes this for me temporarily.

I'm going to strongly disagree. Even 1 minute loading screens are WAY too long. If I'm playing, zoning around, going in and out of delves, dungeons and the like, swapping between characters, I really don't want to be waiting for 1 minute every time. If 1 minute were somehow to become the mark for considering the loading screen issues fixed, I (and I assume many others) will throw a fit.
    Options
  • Octavarious
    I have never really had an issue with loading screens as most of the loading screens that I encounter are only around 30 seconds long but there is the occasional 1 min-2 min screen sometimes. My sorcerer is also vet 16. I can see how multiple 1 min+ loading screens can be incredibly frustrating though. I guess I am one of the lucky ones.
    Options
  • Tors
    Tors
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have never really had an issue with loading screens as most of the loading screens that I encounter are only around 30 seconds long but there is the occasional 1 min-2 min screen sometimes. My sorcerer is also vet 16. I can see how multiple 1 min+ loading screens can be incredibly frustrating though. I guess I am one of the lucky ones.

You have only been playing 3 months? (going by forum join date which can be misleading I know)

Paradoxically this issue really hurts those who have been plaing the longest. Basically anyone who has prooved their loyalty to the game.

EU PC - Azura's Star
    Options
  • NateAssassin
    NateAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I quite like the loading screens, the art is nice looking, the soundtrack is good, and it's like a commercial break on a movie, gives you a chance to refill the drink and grab another bag of Doritos after hardcore snacking.

Add some more art for the loading screens, and I am content with this.
    AD | Malaya the Mystic ─ VR16 Khajiit Sorc | Shal'ina the Swift ─ VR16 Khajiit NB | Jòhn Cena ─ VR1 Khajiit NB | Priestess Shaari ─ VR1 Temp
    Options
  • Frenkthevile
    Frenkthevile
    ✭✭✭✭
    i can play a whole heartstone match while loading Deshaan.
    Options
  • Frenkthevile
    Frenkthevile
    ✭✭✭✭
    High hopes for this...
    Options
  • Frenkthevile
    Frenkthevile
    ✭✭✭✭

Nice!
    Options
  • Artheiron
    Artheiron
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to strongly disagree. Even 1 minute loading screens are WAY too long. If I'm playing, zoning around, going in and out of delves, dungeons and the like, swapping between characters, I really don't want to be waiting for 1 minute every time. If 1 minute were somehow to become the mark for considering the loading screen issues fixed, I (and I assume many others) will throw a fit.

I just checked how long it took to enter craglorn, 24 seconds. Tried entering a public dungeon and took 46 seconds. I mean when it works as intended, loading screen times are still long but bearable. and yes, this changes time to time, goes up to 1+ 5+ minutes to infinity. I'll copy the game to 7200 rpm hard disk and try it again later.

and btw. if they change the way we explore tamriel's non pvp areas and exteriors by unifying the map for loading it once, I'll be happier and personally believe it'd be better.
    Edited by Artheiron on November 12, 2015 7:24PM
    Options
  • FilteredRiddle
    FilteredRiddle
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is driving me insane! Since IC dropped on console, it is almost guaranteed that I will get the, "This may be an unusually long load time..." message on every screen. That coupled with getting kicked to the initial screen or completely kicked from the game is craziness. Not to mention all of the random voice chat freak outs. Please, please, please fix it.
    Edited by FilteredRiddle on November 12, 2015 8:08PM
    Xbox One NA
    The Sentinels of Padomay
    Obsidian Guard (Social with PvX Events)

Gamers always believe that an epic win is possible and that it's always worth trying, and trying now. Gamers don't sit around.
    - Jane McGonigal
    Options
  • MudcrabsRus
    MudcrabsRus
    ✭✭✭
    Mirelurk wrote: »
    So you can tell us to stop arguing about it, but won't actually address the issue?

My thoughts exactly, "we have merged all the topics together to better collect information"
    what more information can we tell you... 95% of your player base is having the same problems and you keep ignoring the issue? I'm glad you have pretty much admitted that you generally don't care or plan on fixing the issue anytime soon...

Think it's time we cancel our subs :neutral:
    Options
  • Tors
    Tors
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MudcrabsRus

Actually they say they will fix it on the Patch on Monday (for the septics) and the same patch on Tuesday for the EU.

But as I have been saying since I first found out that Zenemax would post on Reddit or talk on Twitch, but never on their own forums, the information you need is hidden in this post.

You can find it by clicking the "Zos Employee" icon to the left of the forum post.

It would be FAR better for the players for this kind of information to be held on the news page or a sticky on the tech support/general forums.

Zos make an utterly fantastic game, but seem hell bent on destroying it with really poor customer relations.

It alsmot as if they are scared to post anything they can be quoted on later.

EU PC - Azura's Star
    Options
  • Belidos
    Belidos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mirelurk wrote: »
    So you can tell us to stop arguing about it, but won't actually address the issue?

My thoughts exactly, "we have merged all the topics together to better collect information"
    what more information can we tell you... 95% of your player base is having the same problems and you keep ignoring the issue? I'm glad you have pretty much admitted that you generally don't care or plan on fixing the issue anytime soon...

Think it's time we cancel our subs :neutral:

Try actually reading the thread, the devs have announced a fix that will fix a large number of the long load issues, they're releasing it in the next patch.
    Options
  • Tors
    Tors
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Belidos wrote: »
    Try actually reading the thread.

He shouldn't need to go hunting for it in a thread full of the random witterings of many people, something this important should not be hidden from the players and passed on word of mouth.

EU PC - Azura's Star
    Options
  • Belidos
    Belidos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tors wrote: »
    Belidos wrote: »
    Try actually reading the thread.

He shouldn't need to go hunting for it in a thread full of the random witterings of many people, something this important should not be hidden from the players and passed on word of mouth.

That's exactly what I've already said two or three times. Doesn't excuse the fact hat he didn't read the thread at all, because if he had he would have seen one page back the information that was posted quoted multiple times, along with multiple conversations referencing it.

Normally I would have worded my previous post to him a little better and been more polite, but the arrogance in his post didn't deserve it.
    Edited by Belidos on November 13, 2015 9:46AM
    Options
  • Artheiron
    Artheiron
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Artheiron on November 13, 2015 9:58AM
    Options
  • Tors
    Tors
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Belidos nicly put, deserving of an awesome

EU PC - Azura's Star
    Options