The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Datamine] Orsinium

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    According to Kai and Google Translate (and then rewording by me):

Even the dreaded phasing from the early days of ESO does not occur in this zone.
    Some of us liked phasing. It helped avoid things like ever-burning fires, permanent bandit infestations, and so on. Now I fear that Orsinium is going to be light on ways for players to affect the world.
    Maybe they've found a better way to do it. Since part of the DLC is about rebuilding Orsinium, there must be different stages of rebuilding where some buildings are there and some aren't. Maybe they can now phase it just for you, so you see the changes you've made and the guy standing next to you doesn't, rather than splitting you into different phases where you see the changes, but you can't see your friend.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Daveheart
    Daveheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    Leandor wrote: »
    AngryNord wrote: »
    I repeat myself, the problem with craglorn was the fact that you could not complete it if you didn't have a group of people with the exact same schedules.
    I repeat myself: THIS WAS CHANGED MONTHS AGO!!! Stop spreading false info!
    Please upgrade reading comprehension. I clearly wrote "was the fact". When craglorn was relevant for the majority, it was very well the case. The area you were supposed to use for leveling from 10 to 12 and later 14 was gated behind forced group content (which it still is, not everyone can deal with craglorn solo, even at max level/max equip) and a phasing system that made gameplay on separate schedules challenging to say the least.

The consequence was that all what happened there were anomalies-, overworld boss- or hircine grinds. People made it through the required levels in record time and promptly forgot about the entire content. They even lost the hardcore player support because even the challenge of doing some parts solo (those that didn't force you to pull three levers at the same time) went stale very quick.

Yes, they have changed the phasing issues a bit and improved it, but way too late. Interest in craglorn never picked up. I would hazard the guess that less than half the player population has finished the quest lines there.

So the fact that they changed this "months ago" does not make a lick of a difference in regards to the consequences. The fact remains: Players were forced to group and rejected it. The same will happen, to more or less the same extend, if they force solo play. Overworld content is no replacement for things like dungeons or trials.

Most of that content is really easy now, I can solo all the mini bosses in UCL, and any of the random packs, all the delves. Even the 5 man group stuff in LC is so easy now, I did Shada's with a group of 3 all vr 2. The xp was trash btw so no reason to do it past the achievement, Shada died before her first invulnerable phase. It is all so nerfed you could prob duo most of those 5 mans.

The only stuff you can't really do is get past parts where it requires 3-4 people to stand on a stone to open the door to the next part of the delve.
    Daggerfall Covenant (PC-NA)

The Order of Mundus | Nightfighters
  • Neizir
    Neizir
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Even the dreaded phasing from the early days of ESO does not occur in this zone.
    Some of us liked phasing. It helped avoid things like ever-burning fires, permanent bandit infestations, and so on. Now I fear that Orsinium is going to be light on ways for players to affect the world.
    Maybe they've found a better way to do it. Since part of the DLC is about rebuilding Orsinium, there must be different stages of rebuilding where some buildings are there and some aren't. Maybe they can now phase it just for you, so you see the changes you've made and the guy standing next to you doesn't, rather than splitting you into different phases where you see the changes, but you can't see your friend.

If that actually turns out to be the case, perhaps ZOS is starting to lay the groundwork for player housing already?
    Neizir Stormstrider

EU Megaserver

UK
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
    I have a fancy signature.
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
  • Saltypretzels
    Saltypretzels
    ✭✭✭✭
    solo arena sounds really cool. Wonder if it is endless waves of increasingly harder bad guys...

It would also be cool if it had "stages" in which if you pass it, you no longer have to move back down to that stage anymore.
  • Ixtyr
    Ixtyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neizir wrote: »

If that actually turns out to be the case, perhaps ZOS is starting to lay the groundwork for player housing already?

Interesting thought. It would be cool if they've managed to figure that out already - though, I tend to err on the side that they haven't, rather than that they have. No real reason, other than that would be fairly groundbreaking and quite a big step in a short period of time.
    Ixtyr Falavir - Bosmer Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant
    Reya Falavir - Dunmer Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
    Kaylin Falavir - Dunmer Nightblade - Ebonheart Pact
    ---
    Alyna Falavir - Dunmer Dragonknight - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aernah Falavir - Altmer Templar - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aranis Falavir - Bosmer Sorcerer - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aerin Falavir - Bosmer Warden - Daggerfall Covenant
    Rhys Falavir - Orc Sorcerer - Aldmeri Dominion
    Rhiannon Falavir - Altmer Templar - Aldmeri Dominion
    Nenara Falavir - Argonian Warden - Aldmeri Dominion
    Neera Falavir - Orc Warden - Aldmeri Dominion
    ---
    The Ska'vyn Exchange - Guild Master
    Vehemence - Officer
    Nightfighters - Member
    -
    Ømni - Guild Master (Retired)
    ---
    Moderator of /r/elderscrollsonline
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daveheart wrote: »
    AngryNord wrote: »
    I repeat myself, the problem with craglorn was the fact that you could not complete it if you didn't have a group of people with the exact same schedules.
    I repeat myself: THIS WAS CHANGED MONTHS AGO!!! Stop spreading false info!
    Please upgrade reading comprehension. I clearly wrote "was the fact". When craglorn was relevant for the majority, it was very well the case. The area you were supposed to use for leveling from 10 to 12 and later 14 was gated behind forced group content (which it still is, not everyone can deal with craglorn solo, even at max level/max equip) and a phasing system that made gameplay on separate schedules challenging to say the least.

The consequence was that all what happened there were anomalies-, overworld boss- or hircine grinds. People made it through the required levels in record time and promptly forgot about the entire content. They even lost the hardcore player support because even the challenge of doing some parts solo (those that didn't force you to pull three levers at the same time) went stale very quick.

Yes, they have changed the phasing issues a bit and improved it, but way too late. Interest in craglorn never picked up. I would hazard the guess that less than half the player population has finished the quest lines there.

So the fact that they changed this "months ago" does not make a lick of a difference in regards to the consequences. The fact remains: Players were forced to group and rejected it. The same will happen, to more or less the same extend, if they force solo play. Overworld content is no replacement for things like dungeons or trials.

Most of that content is really easy now, I can solo all the mini bosses in UCL, and any of the random packs, all the delves. Even the 5 man group stuff in LC is so easy now, I did Shada's with a group of 3 all vr 2. The xp was trash btw so no reason to do it past the achievement, Shada died before her first invulnerable phase. It is all so nerfed you could prob duo most of those 5 mans.

The only stuff you can't really do is get past parts where it requires 3-4 people to stand on a stone to open the door to the next part of the delve.

Right, with the main LC quest line at the warrior tomb, that's about it though, i think a few of the daily mini dungeons had those mechanics as well. Anyway, craglorn is basically a solo-adventure zone now.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Player housing has a simple solution that wouldn't limit land access.

How many times in this game have you entered a door to find yourself instantly at the top of a tower or something similar without the game showing the travel in between the entrance and the destination.

You make camp locations, guard barracks, apartments, a settlement or whatever, they could even be teared by price like in Oblivion or Skyrim.

You enter the entrance to the camp and/or settlement and load into your purchased location. If you want to invite friends over to your place you do it like a group dungeon with the exception, who ever is the leader of the group is who's house you will wind up in, that way no one can ever come in uninvited.
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%